A Vision of Light

Shadow [SuChen Version]// [HIATUS]
The soft sound of a music box plays in a dark room,the light that's just barely filtering through the shades glints slightly against the figure of a ballerina dancing. Faded, old, but beautiful. Turning slowly, the ballerina moves with poise until finally the song ends and she gets laid down to rest when finally a small hand turns the dial for it to start again. The owner of the hand's eyes linger on the figure as he slowly traces his finger along the box before standing up slowly. Time doesn't seem to affect him in this dark room, the only indication of a time is the calendar posted next to a cluttered desk, each day marked with a red 'x'. According to it's marks today was October 21, the middle of autumn for some when leaves change and the beauty of nature reveals itself. But yet, here's this boy in his dark, cluttered room, unaffected by such indications. 
 
The boy moves slowly, sloth-like. His frail form is shrouded with a large sweater and pants, his hair is tangled and frizzy, his skin is pale. The room is shrouded in darkness but you can tell the faint outline of a messy but semi-organized room. The bed is in the corner, unmade but blankets are piled on top, there's only one window in the room barely filtering in light. A small countered area mocks up to be a kitchen of sorts, a door leads to a small bathroom and shower area. As he moves along the room to the kitchen, he hears a small beep from his phone, the dark area on his desk lights up and he moves to pick it up. A text message appears on the screen, his eyes slowly read over it before sitting on his bed, curling up in a ball, thinking of a response. 
 
'I put money in your account, go get your food and pay your rent'
 
As the boy slowly types out a courteous 'thank you' he pauses once he's about to send it. Butterflies ascend his stomach, the feeling of sickness arise. He's nervous to send it, but once he gets the courage to finally press the button another messages comes in. 
 
'And don't respond to this. I can't have any of my friends see that I know you.'
 
With that, the boy stops, puts down his phone and gets up slowly moving over to the small closet, taking out an overly large coat, sliding it over his already large clothes, buttoning each button slowly. Sliding on his shoes he goes over to his bag, placing in a wallet and phone before grabbing his keys. Pausing in front of the door he waits, hearing the sound of voices arguing. Mustering up a small amount of courage he looks out the peephole watching an arguing couple who lives across the way getting into a heated debate and feels relieved as they shut their door, giving him enough courage to walk out. Quietly he opens the door, slides out and closes it just as softly, before locking the door. Almost immediately he moves faster than he does in his room taking off to the elevator doors, pressing the down button. Almost as if he's impatient, he waits staring at the numbers but his face remains calm, unmoved. 
 
The doors open, revealing a young woman who lives next door. Her eyes widen and she bows her head respectfully, looking down as she talks. 
 
"Hello Chen. It's rare to see you." 
 
She takes a step out, passing him as he looks down, bowing his head a bit. His small voice comes out like a sweet, quiet melody. 
 
"Hello. Have a nice day."
 
The doors close behind him and the young woman stares at the elevator doors, surprised that she heard his voice and how lovely it was, the lightness and melodic air it gave. However as she made her way to her apartment door she realized she was probably never going to hear it again for the boy in room 406 never takes a step out of the comfort of his apartment. 
 
Below on the ground floor, the doors of the elevator part, letting out the dark shadow moving silently out of the complex. Now with better light, his features start to show. Although tangled and messy, her hair is dark, frizzy and slightly short but with bangs almost in a mushroom shape without actually being a mushroom. His eyes are like dark bottomless pits but yet a light stil shines in them. And his skin is pale like the moon. He moves out of the doors and onto the street. The wind slightly playing with his hair and as he moves along the path no one takes notice of him. He's invisible, just the way he likes it. 
 
He enters the supermarket, picking up a basket and makes his way through the market grabbing vegetables and stocks. Almost timidly he moves to the meat counter and looks over it, almost idolizing the different meats imagining how they taste before picking up a type of sausage and a type of beef before moving away quickly hoping that no one saw him. As he waits in the line, he moves up to pay, the lady checking her out quickly hurries him through, knowing the boy known as  Chen very well. Every few weeks the boy from 406 will come out of his apartment to get food and always asks for 2,000 won cashback and never says anything but thank you and have a wonderful day. And the same happened today, a small quick check out with a 2,000 won cashback. The pale and silent boy moves out, the sun reveals the expression he wears - silent, mute, blank but almost sad. As he takes a step further he hears the sounds of birds and lets a small cat smile form before hearing something intriguing. 
 
A medium light white chocolately rich and smooth voice spoke up, it's intonation was bright, honest, refined and it sent feelings of silk rippling over his skin. Intrigued, he turns to see refined, angelic figure of light. 
 
His eyes stare at the form across the street talking to a girl, his smile shines like the sun, his eyes are warm visions of melted chocolate infused with rays of sunlight, his hair smooth and light. 
 
He stares at awe at this image in front of him, captivated, feeling brightness start to infiltrate him when he hears just the thing he wanted to know: his name.
 
It was Suho.