Two friends

Burnt Snow Angel

 

It's Friday 6 December. Every Friday and Saturday, he and his friends would preform at the cafe. Kyungsoo, Baekhyun and Jongdae were friends since high school and were inseparable. After graduation they decided to meet up in the weekends and do what they love the most: Singing. But life became hard for each of them and just when they thought they would lose contact, Baekhyun found a part time job at a cafe for all of them. So today and tomorrow they will be preforming from 19:00 to 20:00. But it's still morning and the snow is still were it was fallen, so Kyungsoo goes outside again. At the same spot at the same time.

 

 

''Your ear warmers don't match your coat. You should have kept on the beanie.'' And the man appeared again.

 

''Did you just judged my outfit?'' Kyungsoo asked, realizing the man just did.

 

''Yes, I'm just giving you some fashion advise.''

 

''Why would I want that?''

 

''Because I'm a model.''

 

''Wait, didn't you say yesterday that you were an artist?''

 

''Oh you remembered? That makes me happy. I made something for you.''

 

''What?'' Kyungsoo watched as the man reached inside his back pocket and took out a small sketchbook. He flipped to the right page and showed him what was on it.

 

Kyungsoo looked at the paper he was presenting. He had no idea what the 'artist' had drawn. Before he could ask he got his answer.

 

''This is you lying in the snow. I had to draw from my memory, so it's not that perfect. Just almost perfect.''

 

This man sure was thinking he could draw. The way he looked so proud of himself and the drawing suddenly became funnier now he knew what it was.

 

''This is far from perfect.''

 

''At least it made you smile.''

 

He was right. Kyungsoo was indeed smiling, the corners of his mouth were lifting upwards. He quickly let them fall.

 

Then suddenly he felt warm, soft fingers touch his cold, dry lips. He looked at the man with wide eyes and a surprised look. Blood rushed through his cheeks, turning it into a deeper shade of red.

 

''The cold doesn't suit your warm smile. You should think of the time and not stay to long outside today.'' Then he left.

 

And today was the first time he had listened to some stranger's advise. The moment the man was out of his sight he stood up and went home.

 

 

 

 

 

On his way home he couldn't get the stranger out of his head. How could that man say that to him? He barely knows the guy! And the way he looked when he touched his lips. The warm soft fingers.. The man's hand was way more perfect than his. His thoughts started to wander off and he ended up being envious of the man's hand.

 

Kyungsoo's steps halted as he slowly looked at his gloved left hand. He had the urge to take of his glove, although he swore to ignore and never look at it again. His thoughts didn't match his movements when his right hand reached his left and slit of the glove. So ugly. So ruined... A reminder of his worst mistake he had ever made.

 

His eyes started to water, but the tears didn't fall. His neck started to itch really bad, begging to be scratched, so Kyungsoo did, but he only felt the pain worsen. It made him realize what he had been doing all the time so he quickly slipped on his glove, patted both his cheeks as a wake up call and continued walking, ignoring the judgmental faces the passerby’s had given him.

 

 

 

 ---------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

''…...So that's how it went...''

 

He ended his story with an unsure feeling yet with a serious face, looking at his two best friends on the opposite side of the table, who were gawking at him in surprise and disbelieve.

 

 

The tiny shining stars were already displayed on the dark night sky together with the beautiful moon to make it complete. The snow on the streets and the light decorations made a good combination..

Now they are all huddled up in the cafe, waiting for their performance to begin and that's why they decided to chat to pass the time. What Baekhyun and Kyungsoo didn't expect was the story Jongdae had told them. The latter liked to play tricks on them, but his serious expression while telling the story made them almost believe it could have been true. But that changed when he started to laugh out loud when seeing his friends' reaction.

 

 

''No frigging way! Kim Jongdae, I told you that you should never make jokes about your love life. It's serious business.''

 

''But hyung, who would believe that I asked him to move in with me by saving him from erts, picking him up on a white horse, wearing Middle Age clothing while singing 'our' song and then have with him in the forest. Like seriously, you're stupid from believing this.''

 

''Still, that's lame of you hyung.'' Kyungsoo commented.

 

''But I bet it would have been a good fanfiction about you two.'' Baekhyun smirked and took a sip of his water.

 

''Yeah, if he was acknowledged as an famous idol.''

 

''I heard that Kyungsoo.''

 

''But for real now. I bet Minseok was the one who asked you to move in with him and that you ended up crying happy tears.''

 

Judging from Jongdae's reaction, by spitting out his drink and choking half to death, Baekhyun was right. ''Bingo~''

 

''Be a bit nice to him hyung,''

 

''Thank you for caring about me Kyungsoo~.''

 

''He still has to sing tonight and I don't want him to sound like a dying whale, thank you very much.''

 

''You little-''

 

''Don't worry, I won't leave you out, my little one.''

Oh great, Baekhyun used height. It's super effective, Kyungsoo's already fearing for what's coming next.

''It's about time that you find someone who wants to spend the rest of their lives with you, simply meaning, you need to get laid.''

 

''Oooww so nasty! But he's right, you should find someone and I recommend a person taller than you, since you won't find someone shorter than yourself.''

 

Kyungsoo knew that throwing a tantrum in the middle of the cafe wasn't the smartest idea so he played along.

 

''Really, then who do you recommend?''

 

''How about a model. You're brother works at SM, so there must be a chance for you to hook up with one of their models.''

 

''You really think they would want to date me?''

 

''No. That's why you'll end up forever alone.''

 

''Shut up Troll.''

 

''Aaww~, I'd love you too if I hadn't had my baozi.''

 

''No really Jongdae, shut up. SM models are gorgeous as hell, just look at them.''

 

 

In the mean time, Baekhyun had placed the latest fashion magazines from SM on the table out of nowhere. He frantically flipped through them and made an ''Aha~'' sound when he found what he was looking for and pushed it in front of Kyungsoo's face.

 

''Look. Choi Minho. This hottie is also a good rapper and is tall.''

 

''You only fall for tall rappers, just like your boyfriend.''

 

''Not at all.. Just the most of them. But look at this one, Luhan. He can't rap, but is very pretty and taller than Kyungsoo.''

 

''You really didn't need to point that out Bacon.''

 

''Whatever. You haven't seen this one yet. He's so handsome you could die. If I hadn't Chanyeol then I would throw myself towards him.'' Baekhyun flipped to the next page that displayed a tall man with blonde hair and sharp eyes leaning against the wall....

 

But wait a second. Wasn't that man the same he met yesterday? And the same one from today?

 

Kyungsoo looked closer, blinking twice until concluding that he was right. 'It's him.'

 

He must have been staring for a long time, since Baekhyun and Jongdae were giving each other glances and ended up smirking.

 

''Who's this?'' Kyungsoo finally asked, making Baekhyun answer with delight.

 

''Wu Yifan. 23 years old and single.''

 

''And tall~.'' Jongdae sang in the background.

 

''How come I haven't seen him before?''

 

''He's new, but populair like he's in the business for years.''

 

Kyungsoo wanted to ask more, but they got interrupted by the cafe owner. ''It's all set up. You boys ready for the performance?''

 

 

 

 

 

 

Every song went smooth and loud applause was heard at the end of every one of them.

Kyungsoo would end their performance by singing an English song.

 

As the song played and he started to sing, he couldn't help but think about Wu Yifan. He only met the man twice, but he's already wondering if they would meet again.

 

Less did he knew that there was someone on the other side of town who was thinking the same thing about Kyungsoo.