Meeting His Acquaintance

It's Disgusting


chapter two; 
                  meeting his acquaintance.

 

Baekhyun woke up to the light streaming through the curtains and the sound of footsteps making its way towards the kitchen. The sound of utensils rattling followed and it sent Baekhyun to sit bolt upright at the sofa. A figure walked across the room and switched on the lights, much to Baekhyun's displeasure. He scowled at Chanyeol, who handed him a piece of newly printed paper.

 

Baekhyun scoffed as he read the piece of paper in his hands. "What's this?" He questioned. 

 

"The rules." Chanyeol replied ambiguously. "Spent the whole night typing them." He began making himself some breakfast. "Keep reading, I bet you aren't even halfway through the paper."  

 

The other scoffed once again. He spared the police a glance. "Don't you think you would have saved yourself some sleep if you had just typed in 'praise Park Chanyeol and listen to what he says.'?" He paused for a second, a smile creeping up his features. "Hey I should write that down--goddammit where's a pen when you need one!?" he demanded. 

 

The police made his way towards the shorter male. "You have to follow those rules," he said, sternly. "Besides, you did agree to it." 

 

"I do what I want." Baekhyun countered, narrowing his eyes.

 

Suddenly Chanyeol's phone rang and he gulped down his food before walking over to the dinner table once again, examining the caller ID. He wiped his hands on his jumper and peeked at Baekhyun (who is surprisingly quiet for once and scanning the paper). When he is sure that the coast is clear, he answered the phone, walking as far away from the thief and keeping his voice low so that Baekhyun couldn't hear him. 

 

He waited for his partner's voice to say the usual greeting, "hello?

 

Zitao cleared his throat in advance, anticipating his friend's answer. "Got any news on..." Chanyeol paused to catch a glimpse at Baekhyun once again. "Kim Jongdae?" 

 

There was a sound of paper rustling. "Yes, I have," Zitao responded. "He and Byun Baekhyun often wait at the alley near Seoul Apartment. He lives in Apartment 334, and I kid you not, you will be mind blown by the time you hear the next thing I am going to say. Be prepared, Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol smirked. "Try me," he challenged. 

 

"Kim Jongdae has two fathers."

 

Park Chanyeol was beyond surprised. He gasped in mouthfuls of air. "Oh, the poor thing!" He cried, a tad too loud it peaked Baekhyun's interest. 

 

The thief watched him from the couch, a taunting look on his face. "What's wrong?" He asked.  

 

But Chanyeol paid no heed to him and kept his voice down once again, this time turning his back to him. "Uh, meet me at the alley by... what was that place again?" 

 

"Seoul Apartment?"

 

"Yeah. We'll continue this later. Bring the papers while you're at it."

 

"Okay.

 

He hung up and placed his breakfast plate at the sink, turning around to look at Baekhyun. "I'm going out for a bit, wash the dishes when I'm gone." He reminded him, making his way to his room. He reappeared later all dressed, with a combed hair compared to his bed hair before, and at least eyes that don't look like he's going to doze off any moment. "Follow the rules." Trudging towards the door to leave, he noticed that the thief stood up.  

 

He watched what Baekhyun is planning to do. "Yes Mr. Park," Baekhyun chortled at how the police cringed when he said it. "I shall praise you and listen to what you say." He burst into a hull of laughter, clutching at his stomach as he watched Chanyeol from behind. 

 

Chanyeol groaned. He shouldn't have told him to call him that. The police is close to tearing at his hair every time Baekhyun tried to call him Mr. Park, using it like some sort of blackmailing material. The thief even used it when he bid him a good night (to which the police just sighed at it as a response). 

 

He drove off to Seoul Apartment, a place located not far away from his own apartment. He looked at his watch. 08:46 AM. By car transportation it would take not less than 15 minutes. He ran his fingers through his hair, ruffling it and he looked at himself at the rear-view mirror. Laughter escaped from his lips at how he sported a bed hair look once again. Once he arrived outside the aforementioned place, he combed his hair with his fingers and hopped out of his car and headed to the alley. 

 

A dark figure rested against the wall. The man sported blond hair; he had eye bags, and a slightly tanned skin. Chanyeol could still make out the police uniform the guy was wearing in the dark alley. Zitao turned his head to the side when he noticed the other. 

 

The police smirked and held out the papers to his partner, who gladly took it and began scanning the files. Zitao pulled out his wallet from his pocket to pull out a photo. He showed it to Chanyeol. "This is Kim Jongdae. Should we head to Apartment 334 now?" 

 

Chanyeol nodded as he skimmed the photo. Kim Jongdae; long lashes, brown hair with a side swept fringe, cat-like smile and fair skin. He had a perfectly sculpted jaw. His had some smug look, a bit pretentious, perhaps. His face screamed the fact that he's Baekhyun's friend. They strolled in the apartment and took the elevator.  "What else did you find?" 

 

Zitao pressed a button. "His 'mother'--which is basically just his submissive father--is Lu Han," he explained, glancing at his watch before continuing. "He is Chinese, he came all the way from Beijing. He has been teaching his son basic Mandarin and calls Jongdae by his Chinese name, Chen.

 

"And his father?"

 

Zitao sighed. "Oh Sehun is Korean, and he is very protective of Jongdae." 

 

Chanyeol arched an eyebrow. "Oh? But his surname is Kim," he pointed out. There was a ding and they took off to Apartment 334, knocking on the door. Footsteps were heard and after a few seconds a male with blond hair opened the door, shocked. Chanyeol assumed this is Lu Han. He smiled at him, flashing his police badge. 

 

The blond male looked bewildered and he cautiously called back, "hun, the police are here." The man sitting at the sofa at them for a short while before he stood up to make his way to the door. 

 

He heaved a sigh. "May I help you?"

 

"Oh Sehun, we need to have a talk with your son." Zitao spoke up, sneaking a glance at Chanyeol.

 

Sehun blanched. "Did he do something against the law?" Chanyeol shook his head. Sehun then proceeded to call out to his son. Kim Jongdae looked exactly the same like how he looked like in the picture. He had his hands in his pocket, a flash of uneasiness sweeping through him when he laid his eyes on the polices. One of them nodded at his parents, gesturing for them to close the door.

 

Jongdae reached up to tousle his hair. "I didn't do anything wrong, did I? Besides having two dads?" Chanyeol took note of the smirk slowly stretching across his lips. 

 

"Having gay fathers isn't really against the law, kid." He rasped. "But that's not the thing. You're not Kim Jongdae, right?" Jongdae shook his head. "Were you friends with Byun Baekhyun?"

 

The reaction was immediate. The smirk on Jongdae's face instantaneously faded. He dropped his hand to his side. "Well, I clearly didn't steal anything at all," he defended. His explanation wasn't really helping. 

 

Zitao nodded. "Why did you tell him your surname was Kim?"

 

Jongdae made a face, rolling his eyes. "I wouldn't tell him my name was Oh Jongdae, I'm aware he's a pickpocket so why should I tell him my real name?" He actually proved a point there. "Plus Kim Jongdae had a nice ring to it, and it's also the surname of my surrogate mother. And..." The brown-haired boy trailed off.  

 

Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows. "And?" 

 

Unexpectedly Jongdae continued to stare at the police. He didn't say a word, just proceeded to scruitinize the blond-haired police in front of him. Chanyeol was really starting to get confused.

 

"...Are you Chinese?"

 

"Oh, uh, yes I am." 

 

Jongdae smiled once again, this time striking up some conversation in Mandarin with Zitao out of the blue. Chanyeol took this as a sign to walk away as Zitao and Jongdae continued to converse in the language he barely knew, despite being a police and all. God knows how Chanyeol's Chinese friend managed to learn Korean. He waited at his car, not really giving a care in the world. 

 

Soon enough, Zitao reappeared and knocked on the window of Chanyeol's car. "I got his phone number," he announced. 

 

"What the hell?" Chanyeol quipped. "You hooked up with him?" 

 

Zitao frowned. "I did not," he reluctantly answered.  

 

"Then what were you doing back there? What were you talking about?" 

 

"He told me that if he wanted any help we can give him a call, and he wants to see Baekhyun."

 

)

 

Park Chanyeol doesn't need permission to barge into his own apartment. He's wondering why Baekhyun was being such a about it like some invasion of privacy. But Chanyeol decided to just give Baekhyun a roll of the eyes. He treaded towards the sink, the sounds of the television being the only reverberation in the room. "You actually washed the dishes, I'm impressed." He jeered. 

 

Baekhyun glared at him. "I need a bed to sleep in," he reasoned. He directed his gaze to the police, giving him a smile. "So how did 'work' go?"  

 

But Chanyeol just gave him a smug look. "You don't really wanna know, do you?" 

 

"Not really." Just as the thief was about to turn back to the TV, Chanyeol threw him a shirt.  

 

"Put it on, we're going out." He paused to recall back what he just said. "Well, not really on a date if that's what you're thinking, I just want to take you somewhere." 

 

The thief gave him a grin. "Oh, Chanyeol, you're such a flirt," he teased but complies, putting on the shirt. The police then told him to go head to his car. A long moment of silence illuminated the whole car ride, which Baekhyun really didn't appreciate. He fidgeted in his seat as Chanyeol kept his eyes on the road.

 

Baekhyun tried catching his attention, too, but the police would sigh and tell him to cut it out. There are times when Chanyeol would flip out his phone, but there was also times where he would mutter something under his breath. The thief would laugh to himself and think that Chanyeol is some guy who deserves to be in a straightjacket.

 

Just then, he didn't expect Chanyeol to speak up. His deep voice always manages to scare the out of Baekhyun every time the police spoke up. "I met Kim Jongdae this morning."

 

"What?!" Baekhyun gasped dramatically. His eyes widened. "I told you to leave him alone!" He looked around for some papers, and when he found some he used them to hit Chanyeol with it, messing up the car. Chanyeol tried to stop him with his right hand, pushing him away. 

 

"Quit being melodramatic, we just had a talk."

 

Baekhyun could faint any moment. He began fanning himself with his hand. "You talked to my grandson? Y-you didn't even ask for his grandfather's authorization! What kind of cop are you?" He placed a hand on his forehead and started fake coughing. He bumped his chest, making vomitting sounds as he tries to make the police feel guilty.

 

Chanyeol gave him a look. "I don't need your consent," he ridiculed. "I don't need your consent to barge into my own apartment too." He turned to a left as he steered. 

 

He felt the phrase 'shut up' coming towards him, but instead the thief continued to thrash around on the passanger seat. But momentarily, he stopped. "Wait," a grin slowly played on his face. "So you didn't spend the whole night typing down all those rules?" He crossed his legs. 

 

"Of course I didn't," the police bluntly responded. "It only took like ten minutes." The car started slowing down. Chanyeol parked outside a familiar looking building. Baekhyun took a long look at it.

 

"Where are we going?" He asked when they got out of the car. Chanyeol was already making his way to the front foor of the building.  

 

"Isn't it obvious? We're seeing Jongdae."

 

Baekhyun began jumping up and down gleefully. "You're the best police I have ever met, Mr. Park!"

 

Now sounds like a good time to die.

 

The whole ride to Apartment 334, Baekhyun couldn't stay still. He went on with his ramblings on how he hasn't seen Jongdae for like a week, squealing at some point. When Chanyeol knocked on the door that was opened by Lu Han once again, Baekhyun pushed past the older and stepped in, mercilessly calling out, "Where is he? Where's Jongdae? Jongdae-ah!"

 

"Would you like to come in?" Lu Han gave the police a coy smile. Chanyeol smiled back and nodded, walking in. 

 

He watched as one of the doors in the apartment opened, revealing Jongdae. Baekhyun let out a scream and immediately hugged the brown-haired boy. "Jongdae-ah! It feels like forever since I last saw you!" He ranted. He was surprised when he turned around, only to see Sehun and Lu Han watching him. He cupped his mouth to whisper into Jongdae's ear, but he didn't really whisper; his voice was still loud. "Who are these people?"

 

Jongdae blinked. "These are my parents," he replied.

 

Baekhyun was flabbergasted at first, but then, he grinned. "Oh, so you really are my grandson," 

 

"What?"

 

"Nothing!" He looked around, before leaning in and lowering his voice. "Let's have a talk. In the alley, or your room? Your choice." 

 

The younger male stopped to think. "I choose the alley." 

 

Baekhyun turned around, staring at the people in the room. "So... uh... We're going outside for a bit," he announced. Chanyeol sunk further into his seat on the sofa. Now really sounds like a good time to die. 


 AUTHOR'S NOTES 
parent hunhan and chen as their son woot woot always loved that theory--comments are loved, and i apologize for any grammatical errors.