Challenge Accepted

It's Disgusting


chapter one; 
                  challenge accepted.

 

"I got this," the deep voice murmured as it bounced off the walls, echoing into the distance. 

 

Baekhyun's grip on the wallet tightened. He narrowed his eyes at the man standing in front of him, holding his breath and anticipating for the man's action.

 

"Are you sure, sir?" One of the officers asked. 

 

The man in front of him lowered his gun. "Yeah, I'm sure."

 

The two other police officers spun round at their heels and walked away. When they were finally out of sight the man in front of him raised his hands up in the air as if to show Baekhyun that he doesn't mean any harm. He dropped his gun, too. "I'm not going to turn you in," he said bluntly, "just give me the guy's wallet back and I'll let you go." 

 

"That's what they always say," Baekhyun pointed out, furrowing his eyebrows. "The police do nowadays."

 

"That's what we want you to think," the man put his hands down. "I'm being serious, though. Just give me the wallet back. We're going to have a little talk." 

 

Baekhyun didn't look convinced but he began stuffing the wallet on his back pocket. He crossed his arms, but he didn't speak up. He didn't feel like answering. The police rolled his eyes. "We're going to have a talk at a cafe," he emphasized. The little thief couldn't help but grin. He pulled the wallet out of his pocket once again and held it out to the police, who took it from him. 

 

He placed it in his pocket instead, which made Baekhyun frown.

 

They were at a cafe some time later, whose owner knows Baekhyun well that he decided to shoo the latter off when he entered. The police with him came in and flashed his police badge, so they went to the very back of the cafe and ordered two cups of coffee--with the other's treat. 

 

"Alright, Byun Baekhyun," the man leaned back at his seat. "I'm Park Chanyeol. Do you have any acquaintances?" 

 

The thief hummed. "Well... I do, but he doesn't steal, so leave him be." 

 

Park Chanyeol, as the man introduced himself, nodded. He took out his notebook and a pen and began writing something down. "What's his name?" 

 

"Leave him be, okay," Baekhyun repeated. "That guy is like, a son I could never have." He blanched, but then he collected himself. "No, he's like a grandson to me."

 

Chanyeol sighed. "Just tell me his name,"

 

"It's Kim Jongdae." Baekhyun pouted and watched as Chanyeol wrote something down once again. 

 

The police looked up. "Why do you steal?"

 

"Isn't the answer kinda obvious--"

 

"Okay, this conversation is going nowhere." Chanyeol crossed his arms.

 

Baekhyun chuckled, leaning in. "Well, I'm afraid you're going nowhere, Chanyeol." He wiggled his eyebrows, cracking up at his own joke. 

 

Chanyeol glared at the thief. "Don't call me that, you should adress me as Mr. Park." 

 

Their orders arrived. Baekhyun  took a sip of his drink before he shook his head. "You wouldn't want me to call you Mr. Park." He flashed his signature smirk at the police and drank once again. There was a moment of silence where Chanyeol believes he's agreeing with Baekhyun. 

 

After a sip of not-so-scalding-hot coffee, Chanyeol placed his own cup down. "How bout this--you come with me, and live with me." 

 

Baekhyun lost his . He wouldn't give in to such request for 's sake, but he needs money.  The police watched him in a brief silent moment, waiting for his answer. The thief actualy agreed to it due to the upsides he'll have if he lives with this guy. Thing is, he'll sleep in a bed, he'll have a chance to feel what it's like to be sheltered, the guy would probably make him food. 

 

"So, Byun Baekhyun," Chanyeol hung his coat on the sofa. 

 

They were in his apartment right now, where Baekhyun is sitting on the plush sofa, slowly sinking in his seat at the comfort. "What?" He furrowed his eyebrows as he looked up at the giant police officer, crossing his legs. He closed his eyes and sighed once again, letting himself be induced in the comfort.  

 

"You might have to follow some rules," Baekhyun groaned and sank further inside his seat. "If you follow them I'll let you sleep on the bed."  

 

The policeman grinned when Baekhyun turned around in response. "Are you saying I'll be sleeping on the sofa if I don't?" He queried. "I don't really mind, the sofa is like a makeshift bed to me." 

 

Chanyeol frowned. "I'm letting you live here with some rules because I just want to see if getting you disciplined and civilized would make you stop stealing," Baekhyun wasn't in the mood for lectures but he listened anyway. "Maybe this is a way to stop you from snipping from other people's pockets, and probably change that attitude of yours." 

 

Baekhyun wrinkled his nose. "In your dreams, police guy," he closed his eyes once again. "But, challenge accepted." A smirk played on his lips. "What are the rules?" 


 AUTHOR'S NOTES 
ack, guys ;; i'm sorry i kept you guys waiting. but anyways, first chapter is up! leave your feedbacks ^^ layout credits to loverush~ ( ^ q ^ ) b