Chapter 2

Run Rich Boy's, Run!

Chapter 2:

A loud bang sounded through the tiny, one room apartment that all six boys where know squizzed into. 

“Yah! Byun Baekhyun if you put a hole in my wall I will skin you alive!” Luhan shouted as said boy was about to punch the chipped wall again. 

“What do you want me to do? Sit down calmly and drink tea?” The diva spun around to glare at him.  Chanyeol sighed and grabbed his best friend and clamped a hand over the shorter mouth to stop the rush of swear words. 

“Baek’s right; this whole thing !” Tao said flopping down onto Xiumin’s bed next to said leader.

“Don’t you start with me as well Tao! The diva is enough of a problem.”

“Look there is really nothing we can do about it; students don’t get a say in where they are transferred too.  Let’s just be happy that the bastard of a principle didn’t split us up.” Xiumin said, trying to be the logical leader and show the other boys the bright side . . . if there really even was one.

“No we didn’t get split up but we are being forced to go the ing Whi-Moon ing Academy!” Baekhyun said trying to break free from the BFG (Big Friendly Giant). 

Now to most students, being transferred to one of Koreas top institutions for free and without entrance exams would be a dream come true; but not for these particular six students.  You see even though they live in the worst part of Seoul and go to a crappie school, it is done all by choice. 

These six boys - unlike most teens who try and keep secrets from their parents - are trying to keep their parents a secret from everyone around them. In an area such as the one they live in, having a prestigious family background can make you a target.  But that wasn’t why they tried to ignore their lineage; no these boys could hold their own in any fight; it was more about rejecting the class they came from. 

All of them where raised in the lap of luxury with anything they could ever ask for. Every weekend they were expected to go to events filled with most of the A-list names in the country.  They were expected to act like most boys from respected family’s and had their parents reputations hanging over their heads all the time and that was precisely the problem. The social rules and expectations where slowly driving the boys insane and even though their families where kind caring people; they had seen far too many people who had been corrupted by the power and money.

Slowly over time together they had developed a hatred for the rich upper class they belonged to and finally decided that they wanted out.  Having grown up together they boys made the decision to run away from their million dollar homes and this was how they ended up where they are now. 

Though their parents did not consent to their leaving and they wanted them to return home, they were more of an eclectically minded group.   To put it simply, they were strange. Un like most parents who would go straight to the police and drag their children home kicking and screaming or would sit at home and worry constantly about them; these boys parents left them to their own devices most of the time.  The group of six refused to have any contact with them what so ever but what kind of billionaire’s would they be if they couldn’t even keep tabs on their own sons? The boys knew that their families where getting information on their movements but as long as they did not interfere they allowed it to an extent. There were the odd occasions where one of the mothers would get clucky and want to see her son so the boys would be forced to run from squads of bodyguards in a bid to not be dragged home.  But all in all it was a silent understanding between sons and parents. 

Their parents did not worry that much, the boys had been raised to be strong and all of them where exceptionally smart; not that their school records would reflect that.

Tao was probably the only one who hadn’t managed to ditch his family completely.  While the others all had families in the limelight of the upper-class world, Tao’s tended to work more in the shadows.  The family practically ran the Asian under world and due to the area the boys now resided in every second person had some kind of connection to his father’s business. His father did not try to keep tabs on him though, being the son of the mafia meant he would have a fairly dangerous life and his father thought it would be a good idea for him to get some street experience any way. 

“It could have been any other run down school in the area but nooo, it had to be Whi-Moon Academy! We have spent years fighting with our parents so we could stay out of schools like this one!” Baekhyun continued to rant.

“Can’t we just quit school, it’s not like we went much anyway?” Chanyeol asked. They were all smart for their age due to privet tutoring as children and saw no point in high school; it just taught them the same stuff that they had already learned. Xiumin and D.O both shock their heads.

“Our families would throw a fit if we dropped out and would not hesitate to march us back home. With the amount of surveillance they have on us it wouldn’t take long for them to find out and then we’d all be done for.” Xiumin said rubbing his eyes, which were starting to hurt from all the frowning he had been doing.

“Well that even more than.” The Happy virus stated, making his friends look up at him. “My family manages Whi-Moon Academy. They don’t completely own it but they are the driving force behind most of the schools decisions.” He said hanging his head.  The other teens paled at the thought of attending a school so close to their families.  It wasn’t hard to keep their lineage a secret at their past school but at a school like the Academy it would be extremely difficult.  They had probably seen a lot of these kids at social events they had been forced to go to and many of their parents would know their families through business.  If it became common knowledge that Chanyeol was the son of the schools manager then there was no doubt in their minds that the rest of their parents would also get involved. 

“Do you think they already know about our change of schools?” Baek asked his best friend.

“Most likely, anything to do with transfer students would most certainly go across my Dad’s desk. I just hope that they mentioned that we’re being forced into this; I don’t want our parents thinking that we’ve decided to come back.”

The six friends looked around with worried eyes; hoping that this was not the end to their freedom.

“I just hope our families aren’t standing out the front of the school waiting to greet us on Monday.” Xiumin mumbled before climbing to his feet and pulling on his jacket.  They all had far too much on their minds to sleep tonight and being a Friday night quite a few of their favourite spots would be open till late.  The rest of the group where quick to follow the oldest and they all left to drown their worries in a good pool match.

 

- Time Skip –

 

“NO! LET GO OF ME! I REFUSE!” Baekhyun shouted as Chanyeol tried to pry the diva of the vaulting blocks. One of the best parts of to the two sleeping in the store room of a gym was that it’s crammed and crowded space made a perfect place for either of them to hide when being pursued. All the sporting equipment made a perfect maze and they knew it like the backs of their hands. However it never worked when one of the pair was the one chasing the other.

“Baek we have to. Our parents will start interfering if we don’t show up for school.” Chanyeol tried to reason. 

It was now Monday morning; the day they were to start at Whi-Moon Academy and as usual Baek was being a diva about the whole thing. Chanyeol had received a call from Xiumin to meet the rest of them at the pool house before school so they could go together.  From the sounds of screams in the background of the phone call, Luhan was being as difficult as Baek was.

In the end Chanyeol managed by some miracle to drag his best friend out of the gym and down the road. On the way he ran into Xiumin and a fuming Deer; both where accompanied by a glum Kyungsoo – who had spent the night at the elders apartment.

As the five rounded the corner to the pool house they saw the old owner standing out on the street; his face as pale as a ghost.

“Ahjussi, what’s wrong?” Kyungsoo asked in a friendly voice, despite his bad mood. The old owner was always good to them and never pried on their lives. The elders of the small group where always thankful to him for letting Tao stay in the rundown building so he wasn’t on the streets at night. Tao did provide protection for the club house though; thugs and gangs never bothered the owner anymore now that the panda was staying there.

“D-Did something happen to Tao?” The old man stuttered. The fear was still present in his face but a small glimmer of relief joined it as he saw the five friends. Said friends looked at each other in confusion.

“Why do you ask?”

The owner just gestured inside the building where the door hung ajar. The group moved inside the club house and saw what it was that had the poor man scared out of his mind. The room was deserted for the most part (all other patrons would have most likely fled for their lives) except for a tall dark figure leaning against one of the back walls.  He radiated a dark aura of rage and hate that seemed to drop the room’s temperature by a few degrees. His sandy coloured hair hung in front of his eyes as he sent a piercing glare at the floor.  A broken pool cue lay discarded of to one side where he had no doubt smashed it against the side of the table in anger.

Tao was pissed.

The hyungs wandered what had happened to put their usually cute and calm youngest into such a foul mood.

“Tao? What’s wrong?” Kyungsoo said gently as he slowly crept forward.

The dark eyes darted up; sending the bone chilling glare directly their way. His mouth was set in a firm line and frown marks creased his forehead. He in a low breath before . . . completely deteriorating into a whining , aegyo mess.

“Hyung~! I don’t want to go!” He almost sobbed as he slid down the wall into a sitting position. The other boys smiled at the Youngers cuteness – now there was the Tao they knew.

“Come on Tao, stop terrorising these pore people; we have to go.” D.O said with a smile as he patted the others shoulder. Tao’s bottom lip jutted out and began to quiver, puppy dog eyes gazed up at the older with the beginnings of tears forming in the corners.

“You’re aegyo’s not going to work baby Panda. Come on get up.” Luhan said pulling him to his feet, already with school bag in hand. It was good that Luhan was immune to Tao’s cute tendencies or the whole group would be lost.  The other four had completely fallen for the act; Chanyeol and Xiumin where standing frozen while Kyungsoo and Baekhyun where busy cooing over the panda.

“Hopeless.” Luhan muttered under his breath before pulling Tao from the room and giving the startled owner his building back.

 

 

A/N:

Chapter 2 is here Yay

Comment and subscribe :D