Chapter 3

Run Rich Boy's, Run!

It was early Monday morning at Whi-Moon Academy and six friends where siting alone in there empty classroom, filtering through their new classmates school files that their previous school has suppled during the transfer.

The group of boys often got to school early so they could settle in for the day before the other students arrived.  Although the school was full of children from high profile families they had nothing compared to the group of friends. Their families where some of Asia’s most prestigious bloodlines and on top of that they were handsome, smart, diligent and absolute gentlemen. The other students would stop and stare if they walked past; guys would always try and befriend them and girls constantly tried to catch one of the boys eyes. Due to this the group was called the Kings; the rulers of the school.

Kris sighed as he put down the file he had been reading about a boy by the name of ‘Kim Minseok’ and looked over at the other five friends; each flipping through a folder and each sporting a frown to match his. From what the pages had contained the six new students weren’t just rebellious youths in need of direction, they were terrors to their previous school. The folders contained reports of gang fights, destruction of school property and their obvious disregard for the rules. Next to the attendance section it showed that their really only made it to school once a week and even then they didn’t stay all day.

The other five files were almost identical in information, showing that the group of rebels all operated together as a team. This begged the question as to why they were allowed to stay together in the move in the first place.

“I think we’ll have our hands full with this lot.” Suho said placing his file on ‘Byun Baekhyun’ down and running a hand through his dark hair. Lay and Kris both nodded their heads in agreement.  Kris looked over to his other three friends to see Chen and Kia’s eyes shining with interest at the new faces and Sehun who had his famous poker face on, only to be broken by a roll of the eyes at the other two’s childishness. 

As time went on the classroom slowly started to fill as students arrived; all of which looked in confusion at the six new desks added to the room over night. None of the other students had been told of the new transfer students from a bad neighbourhood.  The six Kings where the only ones warned as they had to be the minders of said transfer students.

“They should be here soon.” Chen said with a little too much excitement in his voice for Kris’s comfort.

“If they even show at all.”

 

~POV Change~

 

The six misfits weaved in and out of traffic in their way to their new school. The preppy school was all the way over the other side of the city in the rich upper suburbs so the boys were forced to take a different mode of transportation besides walking.

Tao, Xiumin and Chanyeol where ridding skateboards while Luhan, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo sped along on rollerblades. Once they made it to the main roads of Seoul they wasted no time in grabbing onto the backs of cars and taxis travelling in the same direction they were headed.  If the car turned in a direction they didn’t want to go they would just let go and get a different car going the way they wanted.  Car hopping was one of their favourite past times and also very effective in losing their parents bodyguards whenever they encounter them.

The boys had turned their morning commute into a race and where now picking up the pace as they dodged people on the side walk and glided from car to car. Their surroundings gradually changed as time went on. The old run down shops and cramped apartment buildings faded into flashy malls and tall skyscrapers with polished glass that reflected the morning sun. The cars they clung to also started to change to newer imported cars and the people on the streets looked more refined.

It wasn’t long until the group of six misfits saw signs to the prestigious Whi-Moon Academy.  The group let go of the cars they had been using and turned down a smaller road that they assumed lead to the school. Its side walk was not crowded with business men and wealthy women like it had been but instead was now full of people about their age; all dressed in the same blue uniform.  The long pants of the boy’s uniform were a deep navy blue and the girls wore pleated skirts of the same material. The top half of the outfit for the boys consisted of a crisp white suit shirt and a navy tie with two white stripes along its length. The shirt was covered by a lighter blue padded vest and matching dark blue padded blazers that all sported a gold and red insignia on the left pocket with the initials ‘W.M.A’ indicating that the student belonged to the top school in the country. The top half of the girls uniform was almost the same except they were white, short sleeved blouses instead of suit shirts and the tie looked more like a bow with added ruffles. 

The road was lined with large green trees and manicured lawns.  Perfectly shaped hedges fenced off garden beds full of different coloured flowers and in the distance they could make out a high wall made of cobblestone and fancy metal bars. Behind the fence tall buildings loomed in the distance each displaying state-of-the-art architectural design and all in pristine condition.  The whole area looked like something out of a magazine.

If it had been anyone else they would have stopped and gawked at the amazing scenery around them but the misfits had been raised in buildings far superior to these ones and their own family estates put the schools look to shame.

The loud chime of bells sounded from the tall tower at the centre of the school, signalling that it was now time for home room and the large metal gates would be closed.

Xiumin turned and looked at his childhood friends; all of which where sporting various looks of distain and annoyance at their new school.

“Come on guys, it’s now or never.” The oldest sighed, shifting the near empty backpack on his shoulders.

“I would much prefer ‘never’.” A grumpy Kyungsoo muttered with a dark look.

“Oh come on Kyungie; think of all the new rich boys and girls we can torment.” Baekhyun might have been in the same bad mood as the rest of his friends but if they were going to have to live in misery then he was going to make sure their new class mates had to as well. That knowledge made him feel a little better at least.

“Race you to the gate?” Chanyeol called with a playful grin before he sped off down the pathway on his skateboard. The rest of the gang where quick to follow their six foot friend; Tao stealing the lead from Chanyeol within moments. Xiumin was also closing the distance on his own skateboard but he was no match for the two tallest members of the group; their long legs giving them a clear advantage in this race. Luhan was speeding along after them on his rollerblades leaving Baekhyun and Kyungsoo behind him.

As they got closer and closer to the entrance they could see the security guards for the school starting to shut the gate; locking any late coming students outside to receive a stern lecture about punctuality from the teacher on duty.

Each of them picked up their pace, not wanting to have to climb over the fence or sit through some boring lecture. Tao, Chanyeol and Xiumin made it through in ample time with Tao giving a loud yell at his obvious win and drawing strange looks from the other students around them. The gate was halfway closed when Luhan skidded to a holt beside his friends, turning to watch for the remaining two still outside the gate. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo where neck and neck and only just managed to make it inside the school grounds before the heavy metal gate closed behind them.

“SAFE!” Chanyeol yelled as if he was a referee for a pro Baseball game and the batter had just made it over the home base.

After the commotion died down the group of friends notice that they had drawn the attention of almost everyone in the entrance square of the school. Students where whispering to their friends and teachers where giving them looks of annoyance at the noisy arrival.

“What’s their problem?”

It was then that they noticed that everyone around them was dressed in the prim and proper uniform of Whi-Moon Academy while they themselves had arrived in their previous schools uniform; or the parts they chose to wear of it.

Xiumin was wearing a lose fitting black shirt with a white scull emblazoned of the front. He kept their old schools plain black blazer over the top to make it seem more like a uniform then street fashion. The old skinny jeans where also black and one knee had been worn through with age and was now covered by a bright red patch, courtesy of Luhan. 

Kyungsoo was sporting a lighter pair of skinny jeans then Xiumin; the light grey colours making his black well-fitting shirt stand out all the more. He too wore his old school blazer but his had been altered by Luhan and now had a red strip down one side to give him a bit of colour.

Beakhyun had wanted his ‘uniform’ to stand out and had altered the clothing much more then most of the other boys. His black blazer had been given red trim around the collar, sleeves and sides. He’s shirt was made of a black and red patterned material that went with his black skinny jeans. To complete the look Beak had also added a long silver chain that hung down and looped across one of his hips.

Chanyeol’s school blazer had not just been altered but had been completely scraped and remade by Luhan. It was now made of a deep red material and the sleeves had been rolled up to his elbows. Underneath he had a long-sleeved grey shirt that clung to his chest and arms, showing the outline of his well sculpted muscles. The pockets of his black skinny jeans had been lined with the same red material of his blazer to ‘tie the outfit together’ as Luhan put it.

Tao’s blazer had not been spared by Luhan either and had now been made into a well-fitting vest that went over a long-sleeved, red, V-neck shirt with rolled up sleeves. Through his sandy locks of hair the many piercings he had in his ears glinted off the sun. A Silver skull had been added to one knee of his skinny jeans; again by Luhan.

Luhan himself was wearing a black blazer with the sleeves rolled up much like Chayeols, a lose fitting red shirt that dipped down around the neck showed off a good expanse of creamy skin. His black skinny jeans had rips across the thighs to show off even more of his perfect skin. Luhan had personally taken it upon himself to design their school uniform and he did a ing good job of it; after all fashion was in his blood. His mother was an internationally recognised designer with studios in several countries and her designs worn by several royal families. His father was a Korean super model that was sought after by many big name designers and photographers. 

Most of the times the group were not allowed to leave the apartment in the morning before Luhan gave them the okay. Even though no one around them knew of Luahn’s parents he always claimed that it would hurt his pride as the group’s stylist if they left the house in anything but perfection.

The boys ignored the stares of their fellow students and began walking in the direction of what they assumed to be the office. As they made their way deeper into the school a voice stoped them.

“Excuse me boy’s?”

They turned to face the caller. A young man that looked to be in his twenties with light blond hair and a dimpled smile across his face. His was not wearing the school uniform by and expensive tailor made suite that did his figure justice.

“You must be the exchange students I’ve been told about.” He said in a light and friendly voice. Looking them all over, his eyes lingering on Chanyeol a little longer than the others.

“And you are?” Xiumin said with a raised eyebrow.

“My name is Park Leeteuk, but to you I will be Mr Park; your homeroom teacher.”

 - Location Skip –

They followed Mr Park through the maze of prestigious buildings and flashy stare wells until the older man came to a stop outside of one of the many classroom doors. They could hear quite chatter and muffled laughter coming from inside the room and through the internal windows they saw the room was full of kids dressed in the schools expensive uniform.

“This is your classroom. All of the other students will he here by now so wait out here until I introduce you, okay?” Leeteuk said before entering the room making all the voices in the room beyond fall silent.

“Xiumin hyung, this is the perfect chance for us to make a break for it. It wall around the school didn’t look that hard to climb; we’d be back home before they even knew we were missing.” Beakhyun said quietly; the eyeliner enhancing the wide pleading gaze he was now giving the oldest. Over the diva’s shoulder Tao and Luhan where both looking just as hopeful.

“Look guys we’ve been over this. I don’t expect you to show up every day but we can’t just skip out on school. That’s a sure fire way to make our parents drag us back home for good this time. And seeing as how Yeol’s family practically runs this school they aren’t going to need spy’s to figure out that we weren’t showing up.” Xiumin said as the boys hopeful expressions turned to ones of disappointment. 

They heard Mr Park calling out for them to come inside and the once disappointed eyes were now stone cold as glares worked their way onto their handsome faces. Beakhyun pulled the door open with more force than was really necessary causing a loud bang to resinate through the classroom as the misfits filed in.

Mr Park motioned for them to form a line at the front of the classroom and introduce themselves. All eyes in the room where on them and they met them all with a steady glare. Most of the boys in the room where glaring right back while some of the girls where refusing to make eye contact; obviously intimidated by the rough looking boys. Other girls couldn’t seem to make up their minds about being scared or infatuated as they tried to stop the blush that was rising to their cheeks at their six new good-looking classmates.

The group of six stood motionless and Mr Park took this as an indication that the boys where not going to give their names or anything about them to the class.

“Okay, from left to right we have Byun Baekhyun, Park Chanyeol, Xi Luhan, Do Kyungsoo –” Mr Park was forced to stop by a loud cough from the owl eyed boy. “Yes Kyungsoo?”

“To you people my name is D.O, anyone calls me Kyungsoo and they’ll be waking up in the nurses office; that includes you too teach. Only my friends are allowed to call me by my real name.” The boy said. Any of the girls that had been internally cooing over the wide eyes boys’ cute appearance where suddenly pulled from their fantasy by D.O’s harsh words and scowl.

“. . . Okay D.O,” Leeteuk said after a pause them continued with the introductions. “Next to him we have Huang Zitao –” Yet again he was cut off by a sharp exclamation from one of the boys.

“Tao!” The tall blond snapped.

“Excuse me?” Leeteuk said in confusion.

“It’s not Huang Zitao; just Tao. Not even my friends call me by my full name and you shall be no different.”

“Okay Tao, and last we have Kim Minseok-” Leeteuk could feel the frustration building inside him as he was cut off AGAIN by the group.

“My name is Xiumin not Minseok and you’ll get much worse than the nurses office if you call me that.” Xiumin said with a hard glare at the occupants in the room.

“Very well Xiumin. Class your new classmates have just transferred here from Dong-Shim High school and I expect you to make them feel welcome. Boys there are spare seats up the back for you.” The boys slowly made their way up to the back off the room with smirks on their faces. It was like a dream come true; sitting at the back of the room AND all together. Even their last school hadn’t been that stupid. The majority of them had not been allowed to be in the same class and those who did have overlapping subjects were forced to sit a different ends of the room. Here they were allowed to sit as far away from the teacher as possible and their tables where arranged in two rows of three. Xiumin, Luhan and Tao got the far back row with Tao by the window, Luhan in the middle and Xiumin right next to the back door. Kyungsoo was the table in front of Tao; knowing that if he let Baekhyun or Chanyeol sit close to the panda they would only fight. Baekhyun was in front of Luhan and Chanyeol was on the other side of him; much to Xiumin’s frustration as his view of the room was now blocked by a man mountain.

The rows in front of them where taken by another group of six boys, arranged much the way they were. They had not missed their classmate’s eyes following them as they took their seats but brushed it off as rich boy curiosity.

- POV Change –

Suho watched the rough looking boys file into the room one by one, each dressed in what he assumed was adapted versions of their old school uniform. They were a complete contrast to the other students at the school with their messy hair and ‘individual’ fashion. All of them where quite handsome; the files they had been given on their new classmates had not included pictures so he was unable to put the names to the faces now scowling at him. Judging from the looks on the boys faces and how uncooperative they were currently being to Mr Park, Suho could guess that this move had not been their choice and where just as unhappy as their principal was about the whole thing.

The first boy to be introduced was the one in the file Suho had been given to read, Byun Baekhyun. Even though he was wearing a dark glare Suho could still tell that the boy in question naturally had a cute appearance, even if his attitude and personality didn’t seem to match it.  From what he had read in the file he was a bit of a diva.

The next to be introduces was Park Chanyeol. He remembered Sehun being the one to get this boys file. He was tall in appearance and had a hard look in his eyes rather than the death glare worn by the rest of his friends. According to Sehun, Chanyeol was best friends with the Byun boy and even though he was intimidating in appearance he was probably the one out of the six that was more open with strangers and would be the best person to try to approach first.

The next to be introduced was Xi Luhan. Most likely Chines if his family name was anything to go by. The school files they had been supplied with told them nothing of their family or their background before they joined the school. The look on the new boys face reminded Suho of a puppy bearing its fangs. It wasn’t that the glare he was pointing at everyone wasn’t intimidating, it was just that Xi Luhan had a very cute and beautiful face; a glare seemed a little out of place on his fine features. From what Lay had told them though; Luhan was not someone to mess with. He was not the delicate person his appearance portrayed him to be. He was one of the older ones in the group of friends and was not completely level headed. He had a harsh tongue and a quick temper and was very protective of the little rag tag team he called friends.

Suho’s eyes moved to the next person in the line. This boy had a strangely mutual expression on his face compared to his angry looking friends. That was until Mr Park introduced him by his full name, which apparently was a mistake. The shorter boy’s face immediately changed to one of anger and his quite but strong voice commanded that everyone was to address him as “D.O” rather than my his real name which was quickly followed by the promise of violence to anyone that did not head his warning. This boy was not to be taken lightly under any circumstances; he may be of a shorter stature then the rest of his group and his body a little more delicate then most guys but the look in his eyes did not reflect his innocent image. Chen had been the one to read his file and had described him as a fairly stoic and cold-shouldered person. Judging by the boy’s obvious hostility the files they had been supplied with had been spot on.

Suho’s train of thought was shifted as the next boy snapped at their teacher as well, again objecting to how people where to address him. Tao was an intimidation figure if he ever did see one. His was tall and obviously fit from the way his cloths accentuated his athletic figure. His hair was a light sandy blond but that did nothing to brighten his dark presence. Kai had said that Tao was the youngest in the group but Suho was having a hard time believing him.

Again Mr Parks introduction was cut off; this time by the last boy; Kim Minseok, or Xiumin apparently. The oldest of the gang and according to the files he was also the leader. If looks could kill most of the class would be dead and gone by know; despite his cute face his eyes where cold and emotionless rather than angry.

Suho watched as the group made their way up to the back of the class, passed their tables and to the empty seats that had been added. The principle had made sure that the group of misfits where to sit close to Suho and his friends so they could keep them in cheek. However he was starting to have his doubts about how easy it would be to complete such a task; now that he had seen them face to face they all had looks that promised trouble.

It wasn’t long into after they had sat down that Mr Parks phone went off. After answering it he gave a brief glance up to the Kings before informing them that bot the new students and the Kings were required up at the office. This sent a wave of whispers and glances around the room as Suho climbed to his feet along with his other five friends.

Behind them the group of six were sending each other smirks or board looks before following the Kings motion. The two groups of six filed out of the back door and into the hallway; the misfits waiting for the Kings to lead the way so they obviously had no idea where the office was.

“We had better memorise the way their now; I can guaranty this won’t be the last time we’ll be called out of class.” Baekhyun sighed, following the well-dressed boys in front of him. From the corner of his eye Suho could see some of the others agreeing with Byun’s statement and rolled his eyes. These boys had been at this school for 10 minutes and they were already planning to get into trouble?

“This must be a record for us though – we only just got passed the introductions and the principle already wants to see us.” Chanyeol said thoughtfully.

“No, remember that one time when our old principle was actually waiting by the front gate for us? We didn’t even make it onto school ground before we were marched up to the office.” D.O decided to chime in. His comment was met with laughter from the other members in his group as if they were reminiscing about fond memories.

“Oh yeah.” Chanyeol said to the wide eyes boy before tuening to Suho; who at this point was right out stairing at them. “Well it looks like we’ll just have to try harder next time.” He sent a miscivious grin straight at the older rich boy.

Suho cringed internally. What had they gotten themselves into this time?

 

 

 

A/N

I FINALY UPDATED YAY