Chapter 3

Memories We Made

Hello guys!!! Yay! A new update! So soon! This is so unusual from you queenroro!

Yes, yes i know... I'm trying my best to be the best author I can be. Enjoy!

Please comment and tell me what you think of this story ;)

 

 

 

 

 

Rana’s POV:

 

 

“Ok, now that we’re all here let’s get started.”

Finally. I was able to do it. And this was only the beginning. I tried finding as many people as I could and I was able to come up with these fifteen people. They all looked at me as I went to the little podium to the side of the room.

“Ahm ahm,” I started. “Well, thank you all for gathering here today. I know all of you here, but unfortunately not all of you know one another, so I will start by introducing you.”

“Let’s start with the youngest. Me and my classmates, the 2nd year students. These are Meemz, Dana, Haru, Sam, and Piety,” I said, pointing to each of them in turn. “Also, this is Rody,” I said, pointing at the tall, graceful girl standing in the back. “And the guy next to her is Kiseop. The two of them are also 2nd year students but they are dance majors.”

“Ah, that’s why I haven’t really seen them,” Sam said. “Nice to meet you,” she said, holding her hand out to Rody.

“Nice to meet you too, Sam,” Rody said in a bright voice. Kiseop shook Sam’s hand as well, but didn’t say anything.

“Ok, now on to our senior, the 3rd years. This is Jiyong, aka GD. Then we have Kyungsoo, aka D.O. And last but not least, we have Myungsoo, aka L. These three, as some of you may know make up the infamous group ‘The Power of 8’. Then we have Arwa, or as she prefers, Crazy R,” I looked at her smiling. She just laughed it off. “Also we have Kyuhyun,” I said, pointing at a tall boy with light brown hair, looking as bored as ever. “And next to him is Seungri,” I said, pointing at the eager looking guy with black hair.

“Actually, I’m not in 3rd year,” Seungri said, with a smirk on his face.

“Really,” I asked, a little surprised. “But I always see you with Kyuhyun or Jiyong so I assumed…”

“He’s a 1st year,” Kyuhyun said with a matter of fact tone.

“Oh, so he’s our youngest. Good to know. Now for the 4th years, we have Donghae, Heechul, and Hyunjung. Now that we finished with the introductions, let me tell you why we’re here,” I said, suddenly nervous. I actually didn’t tell any of them why I wanted to meet them. I was suddenly scared that they would refuse or worse, laugh at me for having such an idea in the first place. But you never know until you try, right?

Taking a deep, somewhat shaky breath, I began.

“The reason I gathered all of you here is because of an idea I have. I think that if we all work together we can make a very successful kpop group.” There. I said it. Now I have to wait and see their reaction.

 

 

 

Sam’s POV:

 

 

Complete silence. Complete silence was the reaction to Rana’s words. Why? This is the most awesome idea in history. If we do this, we may be able to achieve the things we always wanted.

“Yes!” I said, “This is amazing! Just think about it. We can become famous.”

“Idiot.”

I looked around to see who said that, and found Kyuhyun staring at me, with a look I can describe as… disgust?

“Why? Because I have a dream? Because I see this as the best thing that’s happened since I came to this school?” I asked, my blood starting to boil. Who was this Kyuhyun anyway? No one is forcing him to stay, and he looked bored throughout the entire thing. He could’ve said no if he didn’t want to come.

“If you don’t like it Kyuhyun, you can leave.”

Everyone looked to see who could’ve said that. I didn’t need to turn to see, I knew that voice. It was Donghae. We were all surprised at his reaction.

“What?” Kyuhyun said, slowly, almost as if he couldn’t believe his ears.

“I said,” Donghae started, turning toward Kyuhyun, “if you don’t like what Rana said, you can leave. No one is forcing you to stay.”

Kyuhyun visibly shook with anger. I actually hated his attitude. Who did he think he was? Did he think we will beg him to stay?

“You heard Donghae oppa,” I said to Kyuhyun. “You can leave.”

The others in the room were silent. Cowards. If Donghae oppa hadn’t said anything, I would’ve. Kyuhyun on the other hand, didn’t look too happy with the situation.

“I was leaving even if you hadn’t said anything,” Kyuhyun said, raising his head high. He took a last look through the room, as if looking for someone to stop him. When no one said anything, he turned and walked to the door and left. Ugh the cockiness of this guy is unbearable. Why Rana even knew him was beyond me right now. Never mind. The matter at hand was more important.

“Whoever agrees with Rana’s idea, and wants to be a part of it, raise your hand,” I said, raising my hand first. “If you don’t like the idea, you can leave. We won’t be forcing anyone to stay.”

Once again, silence filled the room. But, slowly, hands started rising. All of us 2nd years, including the dance majors, raised our hands. Plus all the 4th year guys. That left the 3rd year students. Arwa unnie raised her hand, but the three guys seemed hesitant.

 

Arwa’s POV:

 

 

I was actually excited about the idea. It was at least something we can do. Even if we don’t become famous by this group, we could at least say we tried. Also, it’s a way for us to improve our skills. I looked at the guys, to see if they were as excited as I was. Unfortunately, not one of them had his hand up. I was upset, but I knew the reason. They had made ‘The Power of 8’ for the same reason. But things weren’t going well for them. Maybe they thought the same thing will happen if they do this.

Slowly, I put my hand down. I had to talk to them about this.

“Rana,” I said, turning towards her. “Can we think about it? There are a few things we need to talk about before we make this decision. Can you give us a few days to decide?”

“I really don’t see the point of thinking about it. If you want it you want it. It doesn’t need much thinking.”

This time it was Piety. She looked like a quiet person, but obviously she has strong opinions as well.

“Uh,” Rana started, flustered at Piety’s reaction. “N-no problem unnie. Take as long as you want. Piety,” she said, turning toward said person, “how can you say that?”

“No it’s ok,” I said, waving my hand. “She’s right. But we really do have to think about it. So if you guys will excuse us. C’mon guys let’s go,” I said, turning to the guys and physically pushing them out.

It was actually weird that they hadn’t said anything throughout that entire conversation. I actually expected Jiyong to say something. Or Myungsoo. Aaaarrrgh. Sometimes it’s frustrating being with them. They can be so hard headed at times. Kyungsoo was slightly better than the other two.

Once outside, Jiyong was the first to speak.

“I think it’s a bad idea.”

“Me too,” said Myungsoo.

“I don’t think it’s a bad idea. It’s kind of like ours-” Kyungsoo started to say, but was interrupted by Myungsoo.

“Exactly. And look where it got us. Nowhere. Do you really want to go through that again?”

“I think L has a point, D.O,” Jiyong said.

“But guys, I mean think about it. This way we have another cha-”

“No D.O. I can’t do that again,” Myungsoo said, shaking his head.

“Um guys,” I interjected. The three of them turned to look at me. “I actually think D.O. has a point. Maybe by being with more people, there’s more of a chance for this to work. You saw how excited these guys are. I’m not saying you have to do it. I’m just saying think about it. Either way, I’m going to join them,” I stated, “If you guys want to come with me you’re welcome anytime.” And with that, I turned and walked back to the dance practice room.

Dana’s POV:

 

“Let’s make it a rock band!”

Everyone looked at me as if I had gone crazy.

“What?” I asked, wondering why they were looking at me like that. They just looked at me and shook their heads.

“Dana, we want to make a Kpop—with focus on ‘pop’—there’s no way we’re doing a rock band,” Haru said.

I just looked at her in disbelief. Everyone was nodding their heads in agreement to Haru’s words. At that point, Arwa unnie had come back inside.

“Where are the rest?” Rana asked her.

“Oh, they’ll come, but not today. Just give them a few days and they’ll be here,” Arwa said, smiling. “What’s going on? It seemed like you were arguing about something.”

“Dana here wants this to be a rock band,” Haru said, as if this was the craziest thing ever said.

“Well, that’s not a bad idea. Can you play an instrument?” Arwa asked, turning towards me.

“Yes, I play the guitar,” I replied.

“That’s cool. You can be with us,” Arwa said.

“Huh?”

Everyone in the room looked at Arwa. Us? What did she mean by that? Who was us? I was confused, to say the least. “Unnie, can you explain a bit more. What do you mean by us? Who’s us?” I asked, trying to understand what was going on.

“Me and those guys out there,” Arwa replied.

“Why would I join you?” I asked still not understanding.

“Because we’re a rock band,” Arwa stated.

There was a sharp intake of breath from all around the room. Everyone was shocked at this revelation.

“Unnie, what do you mean?” Rana asked her.

Arwa took a deep breath. “Well, we had the same idea a year ago. We just wanted to sing. So we made a rock band, since all of us like rock. But things didn’t really go that well for us. That’s why the guys are hesitant. They’re afraid that we’ll fail,” Arwa finished, with a sad look on her face.

“Unnie,” I started to say.

“It’s ok. Now I have a suggestion. How about we make this a big group, but also have subunits in it. So people like Dana can do what they want also,” Arwa said, looking excited.

“That’s an interesting idea,” said Donghae. “I was about to suggest the same thing, actually.”

“Well then, that’s gr—”

Suddenly the door opened and someone walked in.

“What’s going on here?”