An old friend

Request

Jei POV:

"Jaehyun?" I whispered, my heart dropping.

He flashed me his usual gentle smile. My heart skipping a beat.

"Long time no see." He said.

Park Jaehyun was the first guy whom I got close to after Baekhyun left. At that time, I was alittle anti-social at school while Jaehyun was the popular and handsome guy whom girls swoon over. But he wasn't those kind of jerkass playboys, he was the nice and kind one. Sure he dated 1 or 2 of the girls from school, but hey, he is a human being afterall, and being a guy, his hormones would give in soon enough.

Although I can't say the same about his friends, they were jerks and bullies who went around picking on girls who they thought were ugly and stupid and broke lots of hearts. Jaehyun used to date the most popular girl in school, Misumi, a Korean-Japanese who was really pretty and had a model-like figure. She had everything a girl could want, looks, wealth, and the perfect boyfriend. She looks innocent and all, but in truth, she was just like those mean girls in TV who bullies other girls. She always acts innocent and kind in front of Jaehyun.

Sometimes I wonder if he's just blind or plain stupid for not seeing past that. 

Back then, we had lockers in school, and mine was just beside Jaehyun's, which meant we would bump into each other most of the time. I didn't have friends back in school since I shunned away from everybody. But Jaehyun still talked to me eitherway, no matter how much I didn't reply him and how much his girlfriend hated it.  

Flashback:

[ "Hey Jei." Jaehyun said smiling, greeting me as usual every morning.

I just kept quiet and fixed my eyes on getting my books for the first lesson.

"Chemistry huh? I guess we're going to be in the same class this morning." He said and grinned.

At times like this, I felt bad for ignoring him, he was just trying to be nice, but I didn't want to get close to anyone, as I was afraid of being left behind again...

I closed my locker and saw him leaning on his locker, still smiling at me. I saw how sincere it was and decided to maybe let loose just for this once. Hesitantly, I gave him a small smile back. I watched as his eyes widened, along with his smile, showing all his teeth.

"You finally smiled!" He said in joy.

"Jaehyun Oppa~" I heard someone coo behind me and my smile disappeard immediately and I cast my eyes down. I heard as Misumi's heels clicked against the floor, approaching us.

"Oh hey Misumi." Jaehyun greeted his girlfriend with a small smile, but the joy from earlier was gone. I peeked up and saw Misumi glaring at me while putting her arms around Jaehyun's neck and giving him a big kiss, which turned into a public make-out session. I turned around and walked off, heading to class. 

I sat alone at the back of the class, looking out the window while waiting for the teacher to arrive. The class was filled with chatter as the students flocked in their group of friends and chatted. I heard squeals from the girls, knowing that Jaehyun had arrived in class. But the squeals turned into gasps as I heard the chair next to mine drag on the floor. I turned to look as Jaehyun settled into the seat next to mine, smiling at me. I looked at him in confusion as to why he chose to sit with me when there were clearly many other pretty girls who would die to sit with him.

"I don't want to sit with those girls.They're very chatty." He joked. I just stared at him, at the same time noticing many girls glaring at me. I sighed and turned back to staring out the window, hoping to get this over with. 

We had to do an experiment that day so me and Jaehyun were automatically paired up. Jaehyun did everything while I stared at him doing it again.

"Is this correct?" He asked me. I looked at the product, nodding. He smiled in relief. 

During lunch, I usually eat alone at the school's backyard, since it was quiet and not much people go there anyways, so it was kinda abandoned which I liked. I was listening to music while eating my sandwhich which Alice had prepared for me. Someone tapped me from the back which shocked me, I turned around, ready to face a fight, but I was met with a laugh coming from Jaehyun. I relaxed myself and stared at him.

"Sorry I scared you." He said while rubbing the back of his neck. I shook my head, saying it was alright. He then took a seat next to me on the bench I was sitting on. I looked around, seeing if Misumi would be around.

"Misumi's with her friends in the cafeteria." He replied, seeming to have read my mind. I looked back at him.

"I told her I had an errand to run for a teacher." He said again.

I stared at him again.

"You really don't talk much do you?" He asked.

I looked down on my lap and nodded.

"Why?" I whispered.

"Hm?" He asked me, turning to face me.

"Why are you here? Why are you being nice to me. You know Misumi doesn't like it. Even though I ignore you at times, you still talk to me. Why?" I said softly.

I felt a weight on my head and looked up to see Jaehyun smiling softy at me, while patting my head.

"Pabo, its cause I care for you." He said softly, his eyes looking directly into mine.

I didn't know if I should let him get to me, after building up my walls to my heart, blocking everyone out. And then Jaehyun just comes and break them down. I felt my cheeks warming up and quickly looked away. 'Other than Baekhyun, no one's made me feel this way..' I thought.

"I should go." I said and grabbed my stuff, about to leave when Jaehyun grabbed my hand.I froze, eyes widening.

"Wait!" He said.

"Please, stay. With me." He said, desperation in his voice. I turned to him and saw his face which looked so sad. I softened and nodded, going back to sit next to him. He smiled and looked at me. 

So we ended up sitting there,together,him talking to me about lots of stuff. From then, we became closer. I only spoke to him and no one else, he was like Baekhyun oppa, an older brother which I could reply on and love. He would be able to make me smile and laugh. But then suddenly he left as well, like everyone else whom I had loved. His family had moved to New York and we never kept in contact since then. ]

I continued staring at him and he chuckled.

"You're still the same. Quiet and still as beautiful." He said, walking towards me. I stared at him as he was infront of me.

"How are you?" He asked me gently.

I kept quiet and nodded. I did change infact, I used to be quiet and weak, but now I've grown stronger. He then pulled me into a hug.

"I missed you." He whispered into my ear, his hands tightening around my waist and back. I winced in pain.

"What happened?" He asked, worried as he pulled away from me.

I shook my head. He frowned and turned me around, touching my back, making me flinch in pain.

"Who did it?" He asked, coldly.

"I'm fine. Its my job." I replied him, moving away to create some distance between us.

"Jei." He said my name with affection, I had to shut my eyes to block it out.

"I have to go." I said, quickly running away, leaving him there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Updated! Hope you liked it, even though its not much. Hehes. ^^

dbecbf998daf2c4639091133ef398c48.jpgAhn-Jae-Hyun-ahn-jae-hyun-37000836-245-2ahn-jae-hyun.jpg