The Reunion

The Last Mission

Serendipity's Corner

I'm honestly still trying to get used to the layout of this website. I think I'll forever be stuck in the Winglin phase. Especially since the system on AFF is a bit too...popularity-based whereas on Winglin, the most recent story that was updated would be at the top of the list and AFF is definitely more modern and complex haha. It's time for some adjustments Serene! I know I just started this story today but if I don't start typing out chapters right away, I'm scared that I'll just suddenly stop writing (like most of my old stories) so if I'm feeling inspired, expect several updates in a day haha.

I finally made a poster while I'm waiting for my requested poster to be done ^_^. So I haven't touched photoshop in seriously 3 years and I was never good at it...so this poster is pretty much crap lol. But at least we now have something pretty to look at whenever we read :).

 

Chapter One - The Reunion

       In just a couple of weeks, Gillian managed to capture Donghae's heart. It's not everyday that Lee Donghae falls in love with a girl that he's only known for a few weeks. He was known as a typical rich party boy who didn't care about girls. But Gillian is a beautiful girl and she definitely has a personality that can't be messed with. Before she knew it, she found herself spending day and night with Donghae. The two were inseparable. 

       "Hello Mr. Lee, the car has arrived." One of his butlers came into the room to notify Donghae and Gillian, once again, who were spending some time watching Titanic. Donghae was engrossed in the movie but Gillian just continued to stare ambivalently, it was as if the movie had no effect on her.

       Donghae turned to stare at his girlfriend, "Okay, you were definitely right about the whole not being interested in cheesy stuff." He laughed at her expression, her face was blank. "Are you even sure you have feelings for me Anne?"

       Gillian gave him a long stern look and pouted for a split second. "Donghae, I like you but I told you, I'm not a er for cheesy romance."

       He gave her a cheeky grin then gave her a peck on the lips, "and that's what I love about you. You're...different from most girls I've met."

       "And I'm sure you've met plenty." Gillian quickly regretted saying that, she was letting her real personality show and that wasn't good for missions. Stick to the script Gillian, Anne's personality may have some similarities but remember that she's not as dark and twisted like I am. She immediately stood up and pulled Donghae's hand, "Come on, let's go! The driver is waiting patiently for us."

       "So? Let him wait a little longer." Donghae pulled her into his embrace.

       She playfully slapped his chest then pushed him back softly, "Donghae, can you stop troubling Kenny, he's a good man. He's your elder and you should at least give him some respect."

       He pinched her cheeks, then intertwined his fingers with hers. "Okay princess, I'll be a good boy and listen to you." Gillian grinned at his reply.

       "Now it's time for shopping!" Gillian squealed and pulled Donghae out the door.

       "I guess this is where you're not so different from other girls...girls and shopping." Donghae shook his head.

 

 

       Gillian began trying on dress after dress. She needed to buy a new dress since Donghae was throwing an extravagant dinner party and she didn't have any dresses that were suited for fancy parties. Wow, shopping is harder than it looks. Forget buying new stuff for my loft, there's no way I would be able to find anything with so many things to look at. "Babe, can you help me find a dress please?"

       Donghae grinned, Gillian looked like a lost puppy in the store. He scanned around the racks to find a dress suitable for his princess. "How about this one?" He pulled out a sleek, yet elegant ivory dress. Gillian took a long look at it, then shook her head. "It's white, and it seems like it could pass as a chic wedding dress."

       Donghae continued to look around the store. Gillian continued to browse through the racks until she got to a lavender evening gown. She took the dress and walked into the changing room. Donghae stared at her as she walked out of the room and showed him a little twirl of the dress. "That's definitely the dress Anne."

 

 

       This dinner party was not what Gillian had expected. She thought it was just a couple of Donghae's colleagues sitting down at a table and having dinner together. This was more of a party rather than a dinner party. His hall was decorated extravagantly, waiters and waitresses walked around the grand hall giving drinks and carrying hors d'oeuvres. But this was the type of party she was hoping Donghae would throw. She wasn't about to let this chance go to waste. "Donghae, I think I'm going to rest for a little while."

       "Do you want me to come with you?" Donghae asked, he had a concerned look on his face.

       Gillian shook her head, "It's fine. You need to greet your guests, I'll come down in a little while."

 

 

       Gillian looked around the mansion, she knew exactly where he kept his files. When she first came to this house, he told her that his office was always locked and that no one was ever allowed into his office unless it was for meetings. She reached the end of the hallway and took out a hairpin, then she began picking the lock. Click. She slowly opened the door and went on his computer. "Come on, if I were secretly running a triad, where would I keep my files hidden..." She continued searching for the files but came to a halt when she heard footsteps coming towards the room. . She quickly went under the desk and pulled out a revolver that was strapped around her thigh.

       The door slowly opened and the footsteps came closer to the desk but stopped before it came any close. "Gillian?" A familiar voice could be heard and Gillian came out from under the desk.

       "Suho! What are you doing here?" She felt relieved as soon as she saw Suho. "You scared me to death!"

       Suho grinned and quickly connected his USB to the computer, "Obviously you're not good with computers, there's no way you would be able to find his hidden files. Plus we heard that there was a dinner party tonight so the team managed to sneak in. Don't worry, I'll find the files and you can finally be done pretending to be that guy's girlfriend." He made a disgusted face while typing up a storm. "Found the files, copying them right now."

       "Donghae isn't so bad." Gillian replied. Suho looked up and stared at her in disbelief. "Well obviously I don't have feelings for the guy but he treated me very well."

       "Yeah to you but what about to his workers? He kills them if they slip up, do you know that?" Suho asked, then took the USB out of the port. "I'm done, wrap up here and meet us outside when you're done."

       Gillian nodded, "Bye Brains, I'll be out in a little while." Gillian quickly scanned the room, and her eyes spotted a camera, "Wait Suho. Did you guys deactivate the cameras...?"

       Suho looked towards Gillian's direction and gave her a shocked face. "Oh ."

       "Are you serious?" Gillian panicked, Donghae has his guards watching the screens at all times, this was bad.

       Suho grinned then began laughing. "Are we that messy Gill?"

       Gillian pouted, the whole day she was feeling that something was going to go wrong. "You , leave." She pushed Suho out of the room and attached the revolver around her thighs again.

 

 

       "Donghae, I'm sorry but there's actually an emergency. My father just called and he says I need to go back to the company really fast. He's already prepared a car for me." Gillian made herself look as desperate as possible.

       "No, I'll drive you to the airport myself." Donghae grabbed her hands and quickly dashed out the door. "What happened? Are you okay?"

       "Miss Anne, this way please." Kris, one of her teammates disguised as a driver, took Gillian's hands from Donghae. 

       Donghae pushed him back, "No. I can take her myself."

       Kris still had a strong grip on Gillian's hands. "I'm sorry sir but this is a private matter. You cannot take her."

       Gillian stepped in between the two boys before anything escalated. "Donghae, I'm sorry. I promise I'll call you, okay?" She gave his a soft kiss before getting into the car with Kris.

       Donghae was left standing outside his house, unaware that in the next couple of hours, his life was about to change.

 

 

       “Donghae Lee has been found guilty and is sentenced to 10 years of prison” The news reporter announced. The head walked in and closed the TV. “Well done team, great work.” The head nodded in approval. “Because of this month’s work on this mission, you guys can have the week off. Have fun.”

       Tiffany cheered and quickly turned to Gillian. “Gillie, do you want to go out and get some drinks to celebrate?”

       Gillian shook her head, after a month of being undercover; she just wanted to relax at her loft. “Sorry Tiff, I think I’m going to pass on this one, I just want to sleep.”

       Tiffany pouted but she understood. “Maybe next time then?”

       Gillian nodded and gave her a smile, “Yeah, definitely next time.” Gillian stretched her legs and walked out of the meeting room. Suho followed after her. “Gill, want me to drive you home?”

       “Yeah that would great actually.”

 

 

       “So how are you feeling?” Suho asked as they walked towards her door. “I’m sorry that you have to go undercover all the time.”

       Gillian gave him a reassuring smile and patted his back, “I’m fine. Do you want to come in for some tea or something?”

“Yeah” Suho entered her loft and looked around, “wow it’s pretty empty in here…” Gillian was known for being a simple girl but he didn’t think she was this simple…to go as far as having only the necessary furniture.

       Gillian grinned then scratched her head. “Yeah, what can I say…I hate shopping?” Gillian laughed as she walked towards her ‘kitchen’ to make some tea.

       “Do you even have the stuff to make tea…like cups…a teapot?” Suho was skeptical as he took a seat on her couch/bed. “This is where you sleep?”

       Gillian rolled her eyes, and said, “Yeah, that’s my bed. Suho, stop judging my loft and just appreciate that I even bought my own place. In fact, I would just sleep at the headquarters if I could.” Suho laughed at her answer, she was definitely something else.

        Gillian brought two cups and handed Suho one as she took a seat next to him. “I would decorate this loft but I barely spend any time here.”

       Suho understood what she meant. They were always working and with busy jobs like theirs, they barely have any time to go home and just relax. Their jobs required them to give their 100% and most of them spent their time at the headquarters more than their homes. “I’m actually hungry, are you hungry?”

       Gillian nodded. “But…I don’t have anything to eat here…” Gillian looked apologetic. She wasn’t able to offer her guest any food, what kind of person can’t offer someone food…especially in their own house.

       Suho grinned and stood up. “Let’s go out and eat then.”

 

 

       The two slurped loudly on their noodles. They were so hungry that the ramen tasted heavenly and their taste buds were dancing. Suho held up his shot glass, “Here’s to another successful job.”

       Clink. Their shot glasses briefly tapped one another as they drank the shot in one go.

       Tiffany and Kris came out of the bar and spotted Suho and Gillian happily eating and drinking with each other. Tiffany pointed towards their direction, “Are they dating? I asked Gillian if she wanted to go out for drinks earlier but she declined!”

       Kris stared at Suho. He noticed how he looked at Gillian with such loving eyes but Gillian on the other hand, she was oblivious to it. “I don’t think they’re dating but I know they’re best friends. Gillian transferred from the same branch as Suho.”

       Tiffany smiled, she really wanted Suho and Gillian to date because whenever the two were together, Gillian wasn’t as dark and quiet. She enjoyed seeing Gillian be carefree and cheerful since it was rare. “Well I hope Suho makes his move soon. Gillian’s more relaxed around him.”

       Kris shook his head and dragged Tiffany away before Suho and Gillian could spot them. “Let’s go.”

 

 

       “I hope everyone’s well rested and ready for the next assignment.” The head pulled up a picture of an elderly man. “This is Henry Lee, he’s the father of Donghae, our previous target. As you all know, we’ve already put Donghae in prison thanks to great undercover work. But his father is now acting strange and we need to keep a close eye on him.”

       Gillian looked at Henry’s profile. The resemblance between Donghae and Henry was uncanny. They were definitely father and son. Henry was very good looking, just like his son. “Obviously, we cannot have Gillian go undercover once again. So Gillian, you need to sit this one out and just be on surveillance.” Gillian looked up and didn’t hide her disappointment.

 

 

       Gillian let out a long sigh, she hated sitting in the van doing absolutely nothing when her teammates were outside doing real work. She looked at Suho; he was staring at the monitors. Such a team player and so diligent. She got out of her seat and went towards the back of the van, Suho glanced her direction. “I’m just going to go get a drink.” Suho shook his head with a smile; Gillian wasn’t the type to sit still. He nodded and gave her the signal to go. “Be quick, don’t draw and attention to yourself.”

       She stepped outside the van and stretched a bit. She was sitting in that van for hours doing nothing and her body was going numb from the lack of movement. Gillian made her way towards the coffee shop. She actually wasn’t allowed to leave the van when the target is within the perimeter but no one would know and besides, Suho was monitoring her so she had nothing to worry about. “What would you like today?”

       Gillian looked up at the menu and read her options. She wasn’t a big coffee fan so she decided to order something else. “Can I get the green tea latte?”

       “Is that all?” The worker asked as she rang up her order. Gillian nodded and handed her credit card. “Thank you, have a great day.”

       Sipping on her green tea latte, she looked around to see what was happening outside. She saw Kris approaching Henry Lee and striking up a conversation. She looked carefully at the scene but couldn’t shake off the feeling that someone was watching her. She glanced around before walking towards the van.

       “It’s the girl that was with Donghae sir.” One of Henry’s bodyguards shouted as he ran towards Gillian’s direction.

       . Gillian quickly changed directions and ran the opposite way from the van. This is not good. . She continued to run as more of Henry’s men came chasing after her. “Gillian, why the were you not in the van?!” Kris’ voice shouted through the earpiece. “Suho, why did you let her go out?”

       “I swear, I didn’t think they would recognize me. This is my fault, not Suho’s.” Gillian replied as she ran down an alley. She looked at the fence that was blocking her path and quickly climbed over it with ease. “These guys are not going to give up, I need help.” Gillian looked back; the men climbed over the fence with ease as well and kept on her tail.

       She continued running until she reached a dead-end. There wasn’t any way she could escape. The men quickly approached towards her direction but suddenly, a loud engine roar could be heard rushing towards their direction and a man on a motorcycle quickly extended his hand, “Hurry Gillian, get on!”

       Gillian was unsure who he was but she assumed it was one of her teammates. She quickly got on the backseat and wrapped her hands around his waist. “She’s getting away!”

 

 

       After finally losing the group, the motorcycle came to a stop. “Thanks man, you really saved my out there.”

       The man took off his helmet, “You just ruined my team’s plan with your foolish slip up.” He turned around to face her, sending a jolt of lightning down her spine. The color from her face slowly went pale, she became speechless. He gave her a familiar smile, “It’s been a while Gill, I can’t believe you’re losing your touch.”

       “What are you doing here?” Gillian asked coldly after regaining her senses. “Jaejoong…” She whispered softly.

 

 

Serendipity's Notes

So Jaejoong finally appears in the story but exactly who is he to Gillian and why was she so cold to him? As the story develops, I promise that the story will go from action to more romance scenes! Right now it’s still developing the plot so I have a lot of ground to cover. Hopefully you guys enjoy this update. Stay tuned for the next chapter.

Note: I had to reupload this chapter because I realized I copied and pasted from Word wrong lol! Sorry about that.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
The Last Mission © Serendipity 2013
October 5, 2013