Part IV - Finale

Second to Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

"How are you holding up all this time?" Chanyeol asked as he put his head on top of Kris's bicep. Kris hummed with a hand tracing his lover's side, appreciating every curves and edges. Looking at Chanyeol's relentless side that morning, he knew he only had a very little time to spend with the younger before he is gone for good.

"I think...I'm okay. I'll be fine as long as Suho is by my side. Besides, I have you watching over me from above. Isn't that enough?" Chanyeol turned his head to look at Kris's hopeful eyes. He was afraid of leaving him again, afraid of breaking Kris's heart for the second time. He will never know how Kris will cope with his final goodbye this time. Without Suho by his side, Kris might fall deeper into his delusion. Chanyeol moved from Kris's bicep to his chest. He missed to hear his heartbeat, it was calming and made him sleepy after a long tiring day.

"Hyung, does he love you as much as I do?" A surprising question came out of Chanyeol's mouth made him stop breathing for a second. Is he jealous of Suho now?

"Maybe..." Kris's eyes lingered back at Chanyeol's shoulder as he leaned over to press a kiss on the side of his head. Chanyeol's bed hair caught his attention and his hand came up to comb his messy hair with his lanky fingers.

"Why do you say that?" 

"All these years, I thought he was actually you. All this while, he took care of me like his precious baby. He soothed me when I'm down, he cooked my favourite dish, he stayed up all night with me when I couldn't sleep. He did everything for me but I let him down by calling him by your name. I've made such a big mistake and now I don't know how to fix it." Kris felt his tears welling up when he recalled everything that Suho had done for him all these years. Chanyeol's death hit him so hard that his mind could not accept the fact that he was already gone. His heart clinged to Chanyeol like a moth to the light. He is the light that illuminate his world. When Suho came along, his loving and caring made him feel loved again, just like how Chanyeol affected his life everyday with his infectious smile. Suho made him fall so deeply in love only with his good heart. But whatever that made him feel good, it broke Suho apart slowly.

"You love him so much, Kris. Too much that you made me jealous of him but it doesn't matter anymore. I just want you to be with someone that I trust, someone that loves you just as much as I do and someone that's willing to spend the rest of his life with you. It will take some time but eventually, he will replace me inside your heart for sure. Love can dissipate, Kris. No matter how much you love someone but when he's already gone, God will always have someone to fill that hollow in your heart." Chanyeol placed his hand on Kris's chest, feeling sad and proud that Kris finally has someone to take care of his fragile heart. Someone that will always be there for him.

"But, Chanyeol, I don't think I deserve a place in his heart after all I've done to him. I don't want to hurt him anymore." Kris broke down right before Chanyeol, spilling tears against his shoulder. Guilt surrounded his heart like a tight glove, suffocating him for hurting and breaking Suho because of his unsettled heart and mind. Loving Chanyeol hurts him so much, just as much as losing him. The traumatic love put Suho into his mess and tore that man's already broken heart apart. 

"There's nothing you can do about it, Kris. He will forgive you if he loves you enough to forget everything had happened before. Go find him and say that you love him before he changes his mind. He had sacrificed so much for you. Now it's time for you to do the same." 

"How about you? You meant the world to me. I can't simply forget you." 

"I know you'll never forget me. I will stay in your heart and mind and you will remember me just like how you remember your name. Promise me you will smile whenever something reminds you of me. Save your tears for everyone but me." Chanyeol placed his hand over Kris's chest, feeling the heart underneath his palm beating calmly like a wave washed ashore.

"My place is not here with you anymore. I'm way too far for you to reach. The best way to fill this emptiness is to be with him. It's time to let go, Kris. There's no me to hold you back anymore. Bring him home. His place is here, with you." Chanyeol's tears fell like a fine drizzle in the morning. Kris gasped when he saw Chanyeol's hand on his thigh started to fade. He tried to grasp it but miserably failed.

"It's time to let me go..." Chanyeol's whisper came to him like a stream of silence. Aware of his faint voice, Kris pulled him into his embrace and sobbed into his shoulder.

"Thank you for being here with me, Chanyeol, even for a short while. I couldn't ask for more than this. Farewell, Channie. I'll see you again when my time comes..." With the tears, he faded into a bright white light and vanished. Kris fell back into his sleep and this time, he can only dream of Suho. No one else.

 

 

When he woke up, nothing in this world can explain how empty the bed was without someone he loved. Chanyeol was supposed to be with him but he left too soon. His breathing raced too quick that he thought he might get a heart attack. He looked around until he found an oversized knitted sweater lying carelessly on the white chest. He took a whiff at it and smiled. It's Suho's, smelt like Suho's cologne and it was cold without its owner. The emptiness inside his heart without Suho was too much to bear.

The ring of his phone broke the silent in the room. He grabbed his phone and answered his secretary's call as he stared at the pristine white sweater in his hand.

"Yes, Belle?" 

"We found him. He's in Seoul right now. He was in Sicily the last time they found him but recently, our informant told me he saw Mr. Kim hanging out with your friends in Gangnam." Kris frowned with his grip over his phone tightened.

"I need a jet ready for me to go to Seoul immediately. Before that, did you find where Park Chanyeol, Kim Minseok and Xi Luhan were buried?" Kris rummaged into his briefcase and took a small piece of paper and pen.

"Y-yes, boss."

 

 

Kris watched as Suho swifted around the kitchen making breakfast while he sat in silent in his seat at the marble counter. It was one of the rare occasions he saw the real Suho through his eyes, not Chanyeol like usual. Suho was still in his boxer and sleeveless tees, neck flashing small hickeys from their hot last night and messy bed hair covering half of his face because he rushed into the kitchen right after he finished washing his face and brushing teeth. Suho didn't look like usual. Suho was Suho on that particular day, not Chanyeol like yesterday.

"Suho..." Kris muttered and Suho immediately stopped doing everything and turned to look at Kris.

"Yes, babe?" Suho's voice...drew tears out of Kris's eyes. What happened to him? What

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter