Part III

Second to Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Five years back into the past...

 

"What the hell are you doing?!" Chanyeol quickly wiped his lips with his sleeve and frowned at the girl who just gave him a peck on the lips, yet in public. He looked around, looking for Kris but luckily the male wasn't in sight. Good. So, he didn't get to see the going on with him and Krystal.

"Chanyeol-oppa, I'd do anything to get what's mine. You had pushed me once but I'll come to you again and again until you accept me to be your girlfriend." Krystal crossed her arms and stared intensely into Chanyeol's nervous eyes. The male bit his lip and grunted as he took a few steps away from the girl. They were going to be on the stage in five minutes and Krystal is the last thing he would have in the back of his mind. A small hand caught him by his shoulder and the strength from her grip wasn't enough to drew him back towards her.

"Stop doing this. We have our own reputation to take care of in this industry. Don't destroy mine 'cause I don't touch yours. Please think about how the others gonna take it if they knew about your stupid plan. By the way, I'm not a thing so I'm certainly not yours for you to have." Chanyeol smirked as he knew he had take care of Krystal. Though it's not for long before she plays her game again but it was enough for him to stall her and find ways to escape from her. His thought was suddenly blinded by a flash that came from a camera in which he knew the thing has suddenly switched from bad to worst.

"Too bad, oppa. Now there's no going back and you're gonna be with me after all. Well played but this is my game and I shall win. See you then and before that, I want you to know that I love you so much. Bye..I can't wait to see the front page of the tabloid tomorrow. There's gonna be full with us kissing." Krystal whispered, tiptoeing to reach Chanyeol's ear. With a smug on her face, she left the devastated Chanyeol all by himself.

Chanyeol exhaled heavily and wiped the cold sweat that started to form on his forehead and temple. Is he too naive to even lost to an assumed innocent Krystal? But he has a bigger problem to think of rather than killing Krystal right in front of every reporters. How would SM react to his problem? Will they back him up or just throw him into the sea full of sharks?

 

 

"I-I saw them kissing behind the stage. He told me not to tell anyone about i-it." The staff confessed with her stuttering voice. Chanyeol sighed and gripped his fist hard. She was lying! She wasn't even there when it happened! Krystal must have paid her or something to get her to lie. He saw his manager got up from the chair, ready to tell the 'truth' she had told to the board meeting.

Pang!

"You're lying! How could y-you let her do this to me! You knew what's coming, aren't you? Tell me!" The girl held in her tears when Chanyeol's hand landed a slap upon her cheek in front of a reporter and EXO's manager.

"I-I don't know what you are talking about. E-excuse me..." She left Chanyeol with no choice but to admit that he had fallen into Krystal's trap.

 

 

"Look what you've done, Park Chanyeol. Our company suffered a huge blow because of your stupid rumour! From now on, we have to cancel all of EXO's schedules until everything's clear. The consequences is on you. You're gonna pay us back every penny for the losses. I've told you this gonna get you back if you're not listening to us. Now, go back to your stupid brother and tell him that you suffered because of him!" The CEO's words pierced deep into his heart. How would Yoochun-hyung react if he knew about it? Should I tell him that the company troubled him for his brother's mistake years ago? 

In the end, he decided to go back to the dorm instead of crashing at his brother's apartment.

"I'm so bored since our schedules being cancelled. We don't have much things to do anyway..." Sehun complaint as his eyes looking at Chanyeol who was watching TV next to him. Chanyeol pretended he didn't hear anything but it did hurt him a bit.

"If this didn't happened, we would be in China right now for some reality shows. Chanyeol-hyung, are you sure you aren't going out with Krystal? Well, the pictures told us otherwise." Kai spoke out after a while lying on his side in front of the TV. Chanyeol put away the snack from his lap and attempted to leave the two maknaes to whine without him.

"Jongin, Sehun. Stop it! We all knew it wasn't true. Stop rubbing salt into his wound. Chanyeol, get into your room and get some rest." Suho came out of nowhere and he stopped right in front of the TV. Kai and Sehun just rolled their eyes and mumbled something about Chanyeol being pampered by Suho and Kris and their dissatisfaction.

"I'm sorry for troubling all of you..." He muttered before he returned to his room.

"Ughhh...What's wrong with him anyway?" Jongdae appeared with a glass in his hand and stared at the closed door of Chanyeol's room.

"Stop it, guys. There's nothing wrong with him. It's you that keeps blaming everything on him." Suho glared at Jongdae's annoyed face and both looked at each other with pure anger.

"But it's true, right?!" Chanyeol closed his eyes and ears, trying to block everything painful that came from his fellow members' mouths. But his tears, it wasn't something that he could stop. It kept streaming down until he took out a razor blade out of its box underneath his bed and pressed it against his skin.

 

 

Six months had passed after he took a few good months of recovering from severe injuries and trauma he suffered after being beaten by fans. Once he recovered, EXO welcomed him on the stage with smiles but he saw the look in fans' faces, it filled with anger and hatred. He tried to ignore it but he wasn't strong enough to do that when the fans keep bothering him in everyway possible. Until one night...

That night had changed everything about him. He wished he'd just stayed in the dorm and listened to s nagging with each other. He had an awful instinct about going out on that night but he didn't knew he would regret it forever when Kris's car collided with the rear of his Maserati, he and his car stuck beneath the trailer for three hours until the rescue team arrived.

 

 

"Doctor, he's awake!" The nurse practically dragged the doctor in charge of treating Chanyeol into the room. Chanyeol could only moved his head to the side to see his doctor checking his pulse and blood pressure before he wrote something inside a file.

"Thank god you're awake! You're so close! I-I thought you couldn't make it!" Chanyeol smiled so wide that all of his teeth can be seen through the oxygen mask.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter