O2

Better Left Unsaid

Jongin gave him a confused look. “You’re my fiancé?! W-what do you mean? I’m…I’m g-gay?” The lad asked. Minseok, still in the midst of thinking for the right answer, unconsciously mumbled a ‘yes’. The door creaked, revealing a man who was listening throughout the whole conversation.

 

“Minseok!”

 

The elder slowly turned around and face the man who called for his name. Joonmyun. Minseok stood up and walked towards his friend with his legs trembling badly. Jongin stared as the short man made his way to the door. Afraid the he might be left alone in the room. He called for Minseok’s name but unfortunately, the man didn’t manage to look back.

By the time Minseok and Joonmyun wasn’t visible in any corner of the room, Jongin laid back and blankly dazed at the white ceiling. Trying to recall some memories, but there was none. It seems like even his brain was halting him to remember something about this past. “I’m getting married with a guy?” he said. He tried to listen to the beat of his heart while repeating Minseok’s name over and over again. Suddenly, it pumped faster. “Maybe it’s true.” Jongin took a deep breath and headed back to slumber.

 

“J-Joonmyun! L-Let me go! It hurts!” Minseok shrieked as he tried to remove his best friend’s tight grip on his arm. The man dragged him on an empty stock room. The shorter did his best to run away but Joonmyun was clawing painfully on his limb and every wrong move will just make it worst. He locked the door and pinned Minseok on the wall. The elder saw how angry Joonmyun was.

 

“What the have you done?!” Joonmyun asked, yelling.

“I-I don’t k-k-know. I don’t know, Joonmyun.” Minseok answered. His mind was still clouded. Tears started forming on his eyelids. He’s torn between fear and shock. Minseok himself didn’t know why he addressed Jongin as his fiancé. Unusual feelings, maybe?

“God damn it! You don’t even know him! What if he’s a criminal? What if he’s married? Come on, Minseok! You can still take your words back!” At the point, the tight grip disappeared. It seems like Joonmyun’s emotions are down now. In a split second, his best friend’s arms were circled around his body. Head rested on his shoulders as Minseok cried his heart out. The man gave in and hugged his friend back.

 

“Now, go back and tell him that you lied.” Joonmyun ordered.

“No.”

 

Minseok pulled out from the hug and glanced at the man in front of him. He wiped his tears and tried his best to speak. “You’re my best friend, right?” Joonmyun nodded. “Then you should support me in this!” Minseok removed his glasses and cleaned it with the used of his handkerchief. He’s quite confident with his word and it seems like he’s really willing to believe in his own lies.

 

“This isn’t right. You know that I… I’m always here to back you up but not this time. I’m telling you, Minseok.”

 

The man paused from rubbing his glasses. Shooting a death glare at Joonmyun before wearing his eyepiece again. “Then leave, I have Jongin anyway.” He said. With a smirk on his lips, Minseok walked away from Joonmyun, totally leaving the dark, exhausting stock room. He marched back to Jongin’s room and noticed the sleeping lad. He said beside him and brushed the hair on his face.

 

“I’m sorry, Jongin. I’m sorry for changing your identity. Yixing told me that I should find someone that will love me and make me happy. I think it’s about time for me to experience happiness again. From now on, I will love you, the way I loved Yixing.”

 

He whispered while cupping his cheeks. As soon as the statement ended, Jongin shifted his position and faced Minseok. The sleeping figure flashed a sweet smile before holding Minseok’s tender hands. The elder blushed and drifted to sleep.

 

 

Days passed, Joonmyun’s presence wasn’t seen on the hospital, but Minseok never looked for him. He doesn’t care at all. All that he did was to stuff Jongin’s head with his lies. Telling Jongin that they met in a club in Seoul, that they’ve been together for almost 4 years and at the end of each sentence, Jongin would nod. Luckily, Jongin believed everything.

 

“We’re going home!” Minseok said, softly patting the lad’s back. Jongin stood up and cried his bag. “No, I’ll carry them.” The older protested. “They’re heavy! I’ll take it.” And Minseok released his hold. He felt so lucky for having this guy. Even if dishonesties were the foundation of their relationship. They reached Minseok’s apartment and Jongin was surprised when he saw how big the house was.

 

“Wow! The view was fascinating!” Jongin said, pointing to the sea. “Yeah.” Minseok mumbled as he watched his ‘fiancé’ roamed around. He smiled and Jongin caught it. “Yah! Why are you smiling?” he asked with a pout. Minseok shook his head as the taller walked closer to him. The lad embraced his hyung and nuzzled on his head. Minseok looked up and timely, Jongin cupped his cheeks and initiated a kiss. That was their first kiss since they became a couple.

 

“W-what was that for?” Minseok questioned, hiding the blush on his face.

“Don’t tell me we never kissed before? 4 years … I think we even did something more pleasurable than that, right baby?” Jongin grinned. Softly kissing Minseok’s jaw.

“Kai…I’m tired. Let’s sleep. Shall we?” Knowing where that would lead to, Minseok made his move and drag Jongin to their room. Minseok isn’t ready for any physical or ual interaction at this time. It’s been a long time since Yixing last made love to him and that was really unforgettable.

 

“Good night, Seokie.”

“Sweet dreams, Kai.”

 

 

Hours gone by, Minseok observed the sleeping figure. The way he breathes, he moved, everything about Jongin is amazing. But what really surprised him was the way Jongin became easily attached to him. It turned out like they’ve been together for years. Minseok was about to join his lover to slumber when he heard a weird sound from the living room. He nervously walked, heading to the area. There he saw a familiar person sitting on the sofa.

 

“Joonmyun?”

 

Joonmyun stood up and tossed a brown envelope on the coffee table. Out of curiosity, Minseok picked the folder and slowly pulled the contents. “What’s this?” he pulled the papers out, reading them carefully. Joonmyun lit a cigarette and stood behind Minseok.

 

“He’s Kim Jongin. 20 years old. A former student of Seoul Arts University. Currently working in a club as a bartender. Dancing is his passion. He has a girlfriend named Krystal Jung and they have a son, Hyunjae. Jongin is one of the victims of the yatch explosion. His son & girlfriend were rescued earlier. Now, they are looking for Jongin.”

 

Those words left Minseok in complete shock. He’s a father? Minseok thought. Joonmyun cooed and looked at his friend. “So, any plans for now?” he sarcastically asked. Minseok was thinking if he should tell Jongin the truth because at the end, it’s his son, Hyunjae, who will suffer. But it’s too late to back-out now. Jongin & him were totally in love with each other. And that love blinded Minseok.

 

“None.” Minseok said. Adjusting his glasses.

“His family needs him!”

 

“I don’t care. I need him and he needs me too.”

 

 

 

 

a/n:☺

Hiiiiii guys! Sorry if it took a week for me to update this. I'm quite busy with some school and personal stuffs so yeah. HAHAHA Btw, hi to my new subscribers!! :)) You can leave your reactions & comments below. They will be whole-heartedly appreciated ♥ That's it! Stay safe, guys! Love y'all (*3*)/

xoxo♥