O1

Better Left Unsaid

It was a typical lazy Tuesday morning for Minseok. He was in his new house for a couple of days now. He rose from his bed and headed over the shower. The man washed his face and pampered himself too damn much before putting a soft white cotton tee and a pair of faded pants. Yawning, he rushed to the kitchen and grabbed a cup of freshly brewed American coffee which he took with him.

The sun was not yet visible at that point. Minseok went back to his room, sat on a chair that was placed on the balcony just to watch the sea come to life. Well, buying a house on top of the hill and facing the bay isn’t a bad idea tho, since the view of him is an image that he would never ever dare to forget.

From his balcony, the dark sea looked so safe and calming, even though 19 lives were taken by the same water 3 days ago. A yacht from the other side of the city was said to explode due to mechanical issues. The sea seemed to be so innocent despite of the tragedy that wrecked many lives.

 

Ring

 

Minseok took a sip on his hot coffee before answering the call. “Hello?”

“Good Morning, Minseok! It’s me, Joonmyun.”

“Oh. Good Morning Joonmyun.” Minseok replied.

 

Minseok met Joonmyun through a career orientation way back in high school. They became close friends, entered the same university and even picked the same course. Joonmyun’s father is an architect who owns a lot of houses in Korea. “How’s the house?” Joonmyun asked.

“It’s great! I’m loving the view here from the balcony.” Minseok sadly glanced at the sea. The house that he’s currently staying in is actually one of residences owned by Joonmyun’s father. The feeling was nostalgic. He bit his lips and halted himself from crying. “Are you ok, Minseok?” the man from the other line questioned.

“Yeah! I’m fine. By the way Joonmyun, I need to finish something. Might talk to you later.” Minseok ended the call. He let go of his lips, removed his thick rimmed eye glasses and covered his face with his small cold hands. He never wanted to feel this lonely. He never wished to live alone. He never imagined to lose his dearest.

It’s been 42 months since Yixing’s death. He died on a plane crash and unfortunately, the plane landed on the cold sea in front of him. That’s the main reason of buying a house near the said site.  Even if it’s painful to wake up every day and staring at place where Yixing’s body was found lifeless, he still managed to carry on. For him, it feels like he’s still with Yixing throughout the day. Throughout his life.

Soft sobs surrounded the area as the wind tenderly hit Minseok’s wet face. “Yixing-ah…” he mumbled. At that point, he knew that all he needed was to stay inside of his house, lay on the bed and cuddle with Yixing’s pillow. The man stood up and shot his last look at the shore. But before he could turn around, something caught his attention.

 

“What’s that?!” He said.  He saw an unconscious body on the shore. His heart beat went fast. Minseok rushed to the shore and examined the body. He came closer and turned the body around. It was a man. Probably around 18-20 years of age. He’s wearing a torn-out shirt and ragged pants. His muscles are perfectly toned! And mostly, he’s so damn fine.

 

“H-hey! W-Wake up!” Minseok patted his cheek. There, Minseok noticed that the guy has an open wound on the left side on his forehead. Blood kept on rushing out and it made him freak out. Is he dead? Minseok thought. Panicking, he carried the man into his car and headed to the nearest hospital.

 

 

“Who is he?” Joonmyun asked.

“I just saw him on the shore this morning. I even expected that he’s dead.” Minseok replied. Staying in the hospital feels like living in an isolated island. It’s lonely, totally lonely. The elder took a sip on his coffee and passed the cup to Joonmyun. “He’s attractive.” Joonmyung cooed, earning a simple chuckle from his friend.

 “But nothing can beat my Xing Xing.”

 

Few more minutes, the doctor appeared from nowhere. He walked towards Minseok and told him that the patient’s condition was already stable. Since Joonmyun went off somewhere, Minseok went to the room unaccompanied. He sat on a while chair beside the hospital bed and stared at the insentient guy. He’s face was perfectly sculpted! He’s like a living work of art. All of a sudden, Minseok found his hand touching the man’s cheeks. He retreated his hand and accepted the fact that there’s something about this man that captured him from the first sight.

Jongin?! Jongin.” Minseok carefully pronounced the words that were engraved on the bracelet of the said person. Something inside his body urged him to remove the bracelet around Jongin’s wrist, so he did. The elder kept the chain on his pocket and stared at Jongin’s face over and over again. It was about 10 minutes when Jongin’s fingers started moving. Minseok stood up and anticipated the man’s further movements. Finally, Jongin opened his eyes.

“H-hey.. I’m Min--”

“Who are you!? ” Jongin yelled furiously. Minseok moved closer even though he’s scared. “I’m Minseok. And you?” he asked. Jongin looked so confused. He glanced down and stared back at Minseok. The younger shook his head

 

“I DON’T KNOW.”

 

The statement made Minseok shocked. He excused himself and called the doctor to ask for Jongin’s condition. “Well, I think he has amnesia.” The doctor said. Minseok went back to the room and saw a sleeping Jongin. As soon as he closed the door, the boy opened his eyes.

 

“Who are you again?”

“I’m Minseok.” He smiled while wearing his glasses.

“Who am I? Do I have a family? What’s your role in my life?” Jongin curiously asked.

 

Minseok took a deep breath, closed his eyes and gulped.

 

“You’re Kai and I’m your fiancé.”

 

 

 

 

A/N: ☺

A+ FOR MINSEOK'S DUMBNESS HAHAHAHA :---)