Sunday

There's an Angel in my house!

"So, how's earth so far?" Hyun Jin asked, putting some noodles into his mouth. There was just one day left before school starts again, and Soyou still had a lot to learn. He managed to explain the concept of 'heol' last night, and heard her practicing it softly in the middle of the night, finding it surprisingly cute than annoying.

"Interesting." Soyou replied, slurping the ramen soup. "You know, there aren't any instant noodles in heaven."

"Are you serious?!"

"Yupp. There isn't any food in heaven actually, since angels don't get hungry in the first place."

"That doesn't sound heavenly," Hyun Jin joked, finishing the last of his noodles and throwing the packaging into the trash bin.

"Heol!" Soyou said, smiling a little to herself. The word tingled on her tongue. It felt foreign, yet comfortable at the same time. Slang is so interesting.

Hyun Jim chuckled a little to himself. The word was pronounced correctly, but the intonation made the word sound funny. It was still a good first try though. He watched Soyou as she looked at him, frowning for a short while before breaking into a shy smile. There was absolutely nothing that he could hide from her. This was one of those disadvantages when living with angels.

 

"So, this is your first time eating food after a long time, isn't it?"

"I have no idea actually." Soyou answered, finishing the last of her noodles as well. "I never knew how I died in the first place."

"Really?"

"Yeah. It's really weird. I couldn't even remember anything from my earth life at all. No one won't tell me, even your mum."

"Maybe they don't know. They might not even know there own death."

"That's the thing. Everyone else remembers how they lived andl died, even when and where they did. I'm the only one who has no clue, and I have a feeling that they do know but are hiding it from me. It's frustrating." Soyou pouted, turning pretty sour.

"They probably hid it from you with good intentions. Don't worry." Hyun Jin got up from his seat and walked towards the staircase. "Now quickly get up and follow me. I still have to teach you a lot of things. You're not even halfway prepared."

"Aw, can't we do this later? It's still morning! I want to play."

"No way. C'mon, I'll let you have some chocolate later. You should try it. It's delicious."

"Fine," Soyou grumbled. She really wanted to go out and have fun, but the idea of chocolate sounds good to. She just hoped that she'll enjoyed it as much as he said she would.

 


 

Probably shouldn't have told her to eat chocolate, he thought to himself, watching the young girl stuff the sweet brown bars into . She didn't stopped eating them even after the break, only stopping whenever she needed to answer a question. In the end, the five bars of chocolate reward were finished in less than two hours. "Is it really that good to you?"

"If one had never had a sweet thing in your life as far as you can remember, this would probably taste good to anyone." Soyou replied, the sweetness off her fingers. "So, are we done?"

"Revise everything that we have learned so far then we'll break for lunch, okay?" He took out a bunch of cards from his backpack before he continued. "Ready?"

"I guess..."

"Okay." He started reading out the questions written on the cards, which he had made while Soyou was having a bath, and expected her to give him an answer. "What's the capital of Korea?"

"Seoul."

"Good. What's the most favourite late night snack as of this moment?"

"Dukbokki. What is that by the way?"

"I'll let you try that later. On what days do we have school?"

"From Monday to Friday, also known as weekdays."

"Yes, what do you do if someone ask about you?"

"Tell them that my name is Soyou, and I'm your cousin."

"Okay, what should you not do in school?"

"Tell people I'm an angel, use my powers, and turn into an angel. Can't we go now?" Soyou asked, rubbing her tummy. "I'm hungry."

"Last question. What do you do if someone finds out?" Hyun Jin asked. It wasn't a question in his cards, but he wanted to know anyways.

 

"I'll... have to take away their memory."

"You can do that?" He asked, surprised.

"Yeah. How do you think we keep ourselves a secret? It necessary sometimes." Soyou brought her knees up to her chest as she moved closer to the wall. "Though we are immortal, we are still able to feel pain in the human world. It becomes a world of torture if we are in the wrong hands."

"Did this happened before?"

"Once. An angel fell in love with a mortal. He broke her heart."

Hyun Jin tightened his fingers around his blanket. "So what happened after that?"

"She couldn't overcome the pain, and destroyed herself."

"What?!" Hyun Jin exclaimed, jumping off his bed. "Aren't angels immortal?"

"In the physical realm, yes. But in the heavenly realm, it's still possible. You basically destroy your soul, leaving nothing behind, erasing yourself from existence and to a world of absolute nothingness..." Soyou lightly tapped her fingertips on his bedframe. "You won't remember a thing, simply because you don't exist anymore. It's a scary thought."

"Wow. Never knew that love can hurt so badly." He commented, tapping his fingertips together. The situation had become beyond awkward as the two of them sat in silence. "C'mon." He spoke, grabbing Soyou's hand and pulling her lightly, hoping to get rid of the atmosphere between them. "Let's go."

"Go? Go where?"

"Lunch. I told you I'll let you try Dukbokki, remember?" And maybe get more chocolate.

 


 

Hara found Yonghwa at his usual place during the weekends, right beside his only love. It was not that much of a problem, but having her stepmom nag constantly at her for her stepbrother disapperance can be a pain in the neck sometimes. It's not like I didn't tell her, Hara thought to herself, opening the door and entering the uncomfortably white room. "Oppa." She called, lightly tapping his right shoulder as she stood beside him. "Let's go."

"..."

"C'mon, oppa. It's getting late, and you haven't had dinner yet." She shook his shoulder, hoping to get his attention.

"..." Well, she wasn't expecting a reply anyway.

"It's been two years, oppa. Staying my her side won't get her to wake up. My mum didn't. She might never-"

"Shut up!" Yonghwa screamed, getting off his chair and glaring at her in fury. At least I got his attention now.

"Don't shout. We're in a hospital, remember?"

"..." Yonghwa looked at the ground, taking in deep breaths. She knew that she could never hate her stepbrother. He's the only thing that was good in thier parent's marriage. Seeing him so hurt made her feel hurt as well.

"Relax." She assured him, placing both her hands on each of his shoulders and looking straight into his pained eyes, giving him a warm smile. "She will wake up."

"I never should have left." He mumbled, sinking back onto the chair, the anger and energy leaving out of him. "I never should have broke up with her."

"It was her decision, oppa. You did nothing wrong by letting her go."

"But if I had held on to her, she would not be here in the first place..." He spoke, tears filling his eyes.

"Listen. You can't change the past. Let's just wait and hope that she'll wake up, okay? I'm sure she wil, she's a strong unnie." Hara grabbed his sleeve and lightly tugged it. "Let's go, oppa. I want to have dinner with you. Please?" She asked cutely.

Yonghwa ruffled Hara's light brown hair. "Sure. Let's go." Leading the young girl out, he took one last look at his sleeping beauty before exiting the room.

 

Wait for me, he told her in his mind, as he walked along the corridor. I'll come back. All you need to do is wake up.

Please wake up, Kang Ji Hyun.

Please.

 

================================

Hihi! First author message for this fanfic. :P Merry chirstmas guys! :D I know it's been quite a while since I last updated and I'm really sorry. I have a lot of homework (and not to mention three other fanfics) to do, so it takes a while for me to be able to work on this. I have also place my first fanfic 'Please Remember' as my priority fanfic at the moment as school would reopen soon and I won't have enough time to do most of my fanfiction. So sorry again! X( Hope you like this chapter though. I added more characters to make the story more interesting. ;)

Comment and subscribe! :)