Angel on the roof

There's an Angel in my house!

THUMP!

"What?" Hyun Jin struggled on his bed. Is it me, or did I just hear something land on the roof? Still in a daze, he close his eyes and listen carefully.

Nothing.

Thinking that it was his imagination, Hyun Jin went back to sleep. It had barely been a few seconds when he thought he heard something else, like the sound of big wings beating in the air. Puzzled, he took his spectacles that were beside him and put them on. As he got out of bed, he found that the sound was not above him anymore, but more along where the window was. Slowly, he followed the sound towards the window and looked out.

A pair of deep blue eyes stared right back at him.

 

"AH!" He screamed, retreating to the far end of the room, as far away from the window as possible. The bight blue eyes could still be seen glowing outside the window. Fearing the worst, Hyun Ji cuddled himself into a ball, hoping that it'll end quickly.

Nothing, again.

Hyun Jin looked up, surprisingly feeling quite frustrated. The eyes were still outside the window, but nothing has happened for the last 5 minutes. Gathering up some courage, Hyun Jin walked towards the window, and bravely looked out again. What he had feared was actually a girl in midair, at least that what he thought it was.

"Do you mind opening the front door?" She asked, with a soft and silky voice, giving Hyun Jin a shock. She can talk!

"Of course I can talk! Now, can you please open the front door?" The girl said, feeling rather annoyed. Hyun Jin, in the midst of recovering from the first shock, received another blow. She can mind read too! But what was it about flying? Hyun Jin strained his eyes to see the figure in the dark more clearly and saw what he thought he would see.

A pair of beautiful, snow-white wings attached to her back.

"You're an angel." He said in amazement.

"Duh! Just open the door!" She finally snapped, making Hyun Jin jump at the suddenness of her change in tone. Gathering his senses, he got out of his attic bedroom and walk towards the main door. His dad was still sleeping on the couch. He quickly took the house key on the shelf beside the door and unlocked the door. He opened the door and found the angel already at the doorstep. She walked in, carefully folding her wings behind her back to prevent them from getting caught against the doorframe. She quickly walked up to his bedroom and sat on his bed, releasing a sigh of relief. "Ah finally! That took you a while."

 

Hyun Jin looked at the angel in detail. She was wearing a simple white dress which covered her shoulders and ran down to just above her ankles. Her eyes weren't glowing anymore from the light in his room, which was switched on when she came in, and he could see that they were a deep shining blue, like the colour of sapphires glowing in the light. Her wings were carefully lifted as she was sitting down. They were really long, the tips reaching her ankles when they're folded behind her back. She was barefooted (which Hyun Jin had expected, since one won't find sharp shards of glass or other sort of painful litter on the ground in heaven, right?) and her hair was a deep brown with blonde highlights at the tip... wait what?!

"Why do you have blonde highlights?" A rather puzzled Hyun Jin asked.

"That's not important right now." She replied bluntly. "First of all, just answer this question: Are you Jo Hyun Jin?"

"Yes..."

"Good. I found the right person. Nice to meet you, Jo Hyun Jin." She took hold of his hand and shaked it. "My name is Kang Ji Hyun, but you can call me Soyou."

"Soyou..." Hyun Jin pondered for a short moment. "But why are you here?"

"Your mother sent me here." She replied, giving Hyun Jin a weird look when she saw the shock on his face. "Don't you remember what you told her?"

"What I told her..." Hyun Jin softly mumbled. "...  what I told her was to change my life."

"And that's what I am going to do." Soyou replied, as she brushed her soft hair. She left Hyun Jin to space out for a while, and looked through the photographs that were on his study desk. She smiled, recognising the middle aged woman in some of the photos. Her attention soon turned to one of the photographs near the top right corner of the table. "Who is she?" Soyou asked, pointing to the young girl in the photographs.

"Who?" Hyun Jin replied whist still spaced out. "Oh, that's Hara. She's a close friend."

"I see..." Soyou studied Hara's face in more detail. "Looks like I'll be seeing her soon."

"What do you mean you'll be seeing her soon?"

"Don't you know by now?" Soyou looked into Hyun Jin's eyes and continued. "I'll be following you to school." She smirked as she looked at Hyun Jin's blank expression.

"WHAT?!"