1

Xiumin Imagine #2 - New Kid

 You walked down the hallway with a stack of papers, binders, and books in your hands. You swiftly made your way around clumps of students, not wanting to drop anything. You were extra careful in every step you took. Your hair was falling out of your low, messy ponytail; your glasses on the edge of your nose, ready to fall off. You adjusted your arms so now one arm was free. You took a second to push your glasses up and brush the hair out of your eyes. But within that time – when you raised the hand to your face – you had already bumped into someone.

 

You bumped into them head first; everything fell out of your hands, even your glasses were knocked to the ground, and your elastic hair tie lost its hold on your hair.  You landed on your , and without your glasses, you couldn’t see a thing.

 

You searched the ground with your hands, only feeling the papers you had dropped. You sighed in frustration. Where are they?

 

“Oh, sorry.” You heard someone say, a boy, you assumed. He raised something to your face and slipped it in between your ears and over your eyes. My glasses... Your eyes fluttered open, blushing immediately by seeing how close his face is to yours. He had light brown hair with bangs that curved in the left direction; his pale skin matching perfectly. He had on a red and black jacket over a hoodie, which seemed reasonable since it was winter, and jeans. Since he wasn’t wearing the required uniform, you thought he was just visiting a friend, but he had a clear bag with his uniform inside of it. A new student...

 

You would’ve forgotten how close he was to you, but when his hot breath landed on your forehead, you flinched and moved away hastily. You hurriedly picked up your things, slightly bowing apologetically before leaving him stranded in a hallway full of people.

 

Helping the principal took one whole class period; that’s only 45 minutes, but on the way back to your next class, the entire student body was buzzing about the person you had met earlier. They talked about how hot/handsome he was, how nice and friendly he was, and how athletic and smart he was. It’s only been 45 minutes, was it possible to become so popular so fast? Guess it was. You made your way to your next, and last class of the day, math. You arrived to your class early and sat down at your seat in the front row next to the teacher’s desk. You would describe yourself as a nerd, but you were also nice and outgoing also.

 

The classroom began to fill up with students. Most of them greeted you on the way in, making you smile every time. The teacher, Mr. Kim, walked in soon after. Mr. Kim talked about the homework from last night before being interrupted by the door opening. A few girls gasped Minseok oppa behind you, and that made you look up. Your eyes met his. He smiled brightly and walked into the classroom, slightly bowing to the class. He and Mr. Kim talked for a little bit before he was released and took a seat next to you.

 

“Hi.” You turn your head, locking gazes with him. “I’m Kim Minseok,” he smiled. He has a beautiful smile, you thought. You repaid him back with a smile.

 

“My name’s Y/N,” he looks down, blushing, while tugging nervously on the hem of his new uniform.

 

“Can you meet me after class? In the garden?” he asks, not taking his eyes off the ground. You tilt your head in confusion; why does he want to meet me?

 

“Uhm... ok.”

 

You leaned against the wall, looking out to the garden. You did as he asked and waited for him at the garden. You would’ve walked with him, but he got trapped in a sea of girls and you’d rather not get into that. The flowers danced to the wind and praised the sun. This was the only peaceful place at school; it was a shame not many students visit the garden, but that meant you had this place to yourself. How did Minseok know we had a garden? You pondered, but your train of thought dispersed when something fell to your shoulders.

 

He gripped your shoulders, trying to catch his breath. He rested his forehead on yours, making you blush furiously. One move, turn, or flinch, and your lips would’ve met his. You begin to lose balance due to the extra weight on you. You oscillate and shut your eyes tightly, not knowing what would happen next, but it flung open when something caught your lips.  His eyes opened as well, but instead of pulling back, he pushed forward, making your back hit the wall and the kiss to deepen. He cupped your face with his warm hands, and closed his eyes, followed by you soon after.

 

You tugged the hem of his shirt and groaned between the kiss, feeling the need for air. He got the message and pulled back. Both panting, his arms fell to your waist and he pulled you closer to him. The sound of his breathing rang up your ear and brought you back to reality. My first kiss...

 

“Y/N, be my girlfriend.”