love is - chanyeol/sehun

hello, hello

breakups are always like this

 

"Don't cry," Chanyeol smiles, wiping away the tears that are accumulating in the corners of Sehun's eyes. "We will still see each other every day after this isn't it?" His cheery smile radiates the warmth that Sehun is so used to, even if his eyes speak of a different story.

The younger boy shakes his head vehemently; as a disagreement, and also an attempt to stop what is going to happen next. "It wouldn't, you know that it would be different." His shaking hands find purchase at the hem of Chanyeol's suit, twisting the material unnaturally forming obtrusive creases on the once smooth fabric.

"Sehun-ah," don't make this more difficult for me. "I'll still be the hyung who will help you solve all your problems, and disturb you at every single moment." Chanyeol raises his hand and ruffles the other's hair, making the once neatly gelled hair stick up in different directions. His bright smile is replaced by something more subdued, more resigned as he look at the crying boy in front of him. "We are merely returning to where we were at. It isn't that bad when you think of it right?" He tries encouragingly, purposefully placing his face closer to Sehun. "At least, we don't hate each other." He swallows deeply, trying to loosen the constriction on his throat.

"I don't want." The tears fall quicker now, staining the cement floor as they slide down the younger's face. Sehun uses his petulant voice, the one that Chanyeol always gives in to, "I like how things are right now."

Me too.

Chanyeol reaches out, closing the gap between the two of them as he envelopes Sehun into a hug. "Don't be wilful," he chides softly, "there are certain things that we have to give up for the greater good."

"Is your dream more important?" Sehun accuses, choking over his words as he struggles to breathe through his tears.

Chanyeol shook his head slightly, "No. You're the most important. But Junmyeon hyung's dream is important, Jongin's dream is important, Yifan hyung's dream is important. We are carrying everyone's dream now, so I cannot be selfish and choose what I value the most.

"What about mine? Do you even know what I really want?"

"I want the white house near Gangdong-gu, I want to have two puppies in the future, I want us to stay there together in the future."

Chanyeol's grip on his boyfriend tightens as Sehun continues depicting his future dream. "Can't we pretend to break up so that the company will get off our case instead of doing it for real?" Sehun begs, a new wave of tears drenching the collar of Chanyeol's suit.

"You know that they won't believe us." He rubs his hands down the younger's back gently, treating him like a precious artefact. "And both of us will not be able to handle the consequences of being found out by the media or the company."

"I hate this, I really do. I'm going to run away." Sehun mumbles, defeat apparent in his tone.

Chanyeol laugh quietly at the childish act. "You won't. And our sehun is such a good person that you don't have to worry about being lonely in the future."

"Who knows some girl will confess to you next week, and you two can be together without having to worry about giving the team a negative image. I bet you will forget about me immediately then." He jokes, forcing a smile on his face as he paints a seemingly attractive future.

Sehun shakes his head, burying it deeper into Chanyeol's shoulder, hair tickling the nape of his neck. "I only want you."

I only want my Sehun too.

"Aww, you cutie," Chanyeol exclaims loudly to hide the new wave of emotions that is threatening to overwhelm him. "I'll hold you to this when no one wants me when I'm old and cranky." He hooks their pinkies together and stamps the promise.

Sehun nods, leaning closer only for Chanyeol to pull away. "Maknae," he uses the nickname that hasn't appeared ever since they got together, "go wash up if not Junmyeon hyung will scold me for bullying you later." An easy smile is plastered on his face and he pushes Sehun into the bathroom before he could react.

His actions are met with no protest as the sound of running water travels through the thin wooden door. Chanyeol turns back to their room, and changes out of the restrictive stage outfit. The accessories are a hassle to remove, and he pulls them off carelessly, leaving only a bracelet on his wrist.

He will remove that tomorrow, and shelve everything of Sehun and his gifts into the corner of their store room that no one bothers to visit.