1st

Forgotten Memories

I opened my eyes, as I hear voices to my right. It was very blurry. My body was aching. I felt like I've been sleeping forever.

"I want to take her back to LA" A woman said crying. 

"Doctor, why is she still not waking up? You said her brain surgery was successful" Another girl said. 

"It takes time. She will wake up, but I don't know when" The doctor explained and left the room.

I closed my eyes back as they walk back towards me. 

"Amber, my poor child" The woman cried on the side of me. 

Who are they? Why are they crying? Who am I?

I opened my eyes again to see if I knew them. They saw me opened my eyes and hug me and started crying.

I got scared and pushed them away. The girl went to call a doctor and the doctor came in. 

They did a thorough check up on me.

The doctor pulled the older woman to the side.

"She might be going through some memory loss. It will take time for her to remember everything again." The doctor said.

"Why isn't she talking? Can she talk?" The woman asked.

"She might be in shock". The doctor said.

 

"Amber, do you remember me"? The young girl asked me.

I looked at her but didn't know who she was. I gave her no reaction.

"It's me.. I'm your sister". She said grabbing my hand.

I pulled it away and sat in the corner of my bed.

 

I sat there scared, Queitly looking out the window.

 

"mom, what do we do"? The younger girl ask the older woman.

"We should take her back with us." The woman said.

"How about FX"? The young girl asked.

"I'll talk to the company over the phone. Let's just get her out of Korea. I don't trust her here with no memory. She can't be a part of FX anymore, she can't even speak.". The woman said.

"Should we let the company know that she woke up now after 4 days in coma" The girl asked.

"No, let's just leave now. Pack her things. The hospital is willing to discharge her today." The woman said.

I heard their conversation. It was in english so I understood everything. They want to take me with them. Where? I don't even know them. They're claiming to be my mother and sister , but I don't know for sure. 

The woman was trying to get me into a wheelchair. I didn't want to go with her. I stayed in the hospital bed. I don't want to leave here.

She was starting to force me. 

"Amber ah, You have to leave with me. There's nothing else here for you anymore". The woman said. 

 

A young man suddenly walked in. He looked a little shock at the situation he was seeing.

"hello, Amber's mom" He said bowing to her and giving her a handshake. 

She bowed back. "I want to take her back to the states. She lost her memory, she can't stay here" She told the man. 

I got off the bed and stood behind the man holding onto the back of his shirt. I felt safe behind him. 

He was tall, handsome, had light brown hair. It seems like he knew me as well. 

"I think your scaring her" The man said.

Everywhere the man stepped, i followed close behind him.

"She doesn't want to leave". He said.

"There's no one here to take care of her" The woman said. 

He can feel my hands shaking behind him and tugging on his shirt.

"I will... I will take care of her until she gets her memory back." The man promised. 

The woman sighed, "I'll let her sister stay here too then" 

"No, it's fine. I can take care of her by myself. Isn't she in college? She can't waste it" The man said.

"Fine. I trust you" The woman said giving the man a hug.

She came toward me and held my hand. "Take care, amber.Mom, will visit again as soon as i can" She said hugging me tightly.

The young girl hugged me as well "Take care sis". 

They both got their things and left to catch their flight. I felt bad because they were probably important people in my life that I can't remember. 

I was left in the room with just the man. I went to sit on the hospital bed.

"Do you remember me"? The man asked.

I just looked at him with no reaction or emotion. I was a bit scared of this world. I don't know people's real intention. 

"It's me.. Do you really not remember"?