The Two Hearts

The Pain of Love

Kris, Hyori, and Chanyeol were best friends evee since little. Those three never got separated from the other. You would always see them together everywhere everytime. But, as time passed, both Kris and Chanyeol developed feelings for Hyori. To keep their friendship, those two decided to keep their feelings a secret from others. They promised to stay with Hyori as friend only. They didn't want Hyori to get away from them.

"Yeolie, where are you? If you still at home, i'm so gonna kick your . We already late!" nagged Hyori on the phone. Those two already ready for school but Chanyeol was late again.

"Krissy, you really need to live with him and wake him up every morning" said Hyori putting her phone in her school bag again.

"I'll pass. He sleeps like a pig. So hard to wake up" said Kris shaking his head. Hyori sighed. Ten minutes later, Chanyeol arrived and they started walking to school.

"Yeolie, you skip bath again? Iuh, stay away from me" said Hyori while Chanyeol just grinned. Kris just shook his head seeing Chanyeol.

 

"Hey, Kris, you have basketball practice today?" asked Hyori. Kris nodded. Since he was the captain, he couldn't skip club.

"That . Oh, well, i guess i'll go home with Yeolie again. And we really need to buy an alarm clock" said Hyori. Chanyeol scoffed. "Ya, i still can wake up on time"

"I agree with Hyori-ya, you really are a pig. I barely can wake you up. Even your umma already gave up on you" said Kris. Chanyeol sticked his tongue out to Kris and Hyori before entering his class.

"Such a kid" said Hyori and Kris together. They both turned to each other and laughed.

"Ah, Krissy, hurry! If we are late to class, we'll get punishment again" said Hyori dragging Kris to their class.

 

"Do we really have to buy it? I promise i'll wake up early tomorrow" pleaded Chanyeol. But, Hyori ignored him and entered the clock store. After buying a very very loud alarm clock, they went home. Those three were neighbors so they always went to school and home together.

"If you are still late tomorrow, i'll ask Krissy to drag you to school by force. Even if you're still wearing your Superman pajamas" threatened Hyori

"Yah, you didn't have to mention my pajamas. And i know it already. Geez, you are getting even more scarier every day" said Chanyeol half mumbling

Hyori glared at him. "What did you say? Say that again and i'll leave you here"

"Nothing, i said nothing" Chanyeol grinned. Hyori still glared at him but decided to let it go.

"I miss our childhood moments. That time, you were so fragile and always needed help from me and Kris hyung. And you would drag me and Kris hyung everywhere with you and would cry if we both leave you" Hyori shut Chanyeol's mouth. Her cheeks were all red.

"Yah, stop it. I was still five at that time. And i wasn't that pathetic. I didn't cry but you are" said Hyori. Chanyeol missed seeing Hyori blushing or acting cute again.

"You are cute like that, you know that? And when you do aegyo, me and Kris hyung would always smile. You are too cute for real" said Chanyeol. Hyori blushed even more. "S-stop saying embarassing things!"

"It's not embarassing, i'm just saying the truth. I always want you to act like a baby again so i can protect you again" said Chanyeol

"Aish, why are you saying all this weird stuff suddenly?" said Hyori. Chanyeol turned to look Hyori on the eyes. "I know i already promise Kris hyung but i'm sorry i'll break it off now. Hyori-ya, i love you. Ever since little, i've been liking you. Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yeolie...you like me? But, i never realised it. I don't know if my feeling is the same as you. But, i'd like to try. Okay, i'll be your girlfriend for now" answered Hyori. Chanyeol smiled so big and hugged her tight. "Gomawo Hyori-ya, i promise i'll make you happy always"

"Okay, but why do you make a promise with Krissy?" asked Hyori. Chanyeol decided to lie a little. "He didn't want my feeling to tear us apart. It's no problem, i both Kris hyung will approve us now". Hyori nodded and they started walking home.

'Mianhae hyung, i lied. But i love Hyori so much, i don't want your feeling to interrupt. I promise to take good care of her' thought Chanyeol

 

"Why am i suddenly getting all this bad feeling? Is something bad happen to Hyori and that happy virus?" mumbled Kris. He decided to rest for awhile. He then called Hyori to see if those two were fine.

"Yah, you two are fine and alive right?" asked Kris to-the-point. Hyori was slightly shocked and confused with Kris' weird question.

"Are you hoping me and Yeolie to be dead?! Of course we are still alive. How come i answer your call too if i'm dead? Such a weird question" said Hyori. Kris smiled hearing Hyori nagging him. Every little thing Hyori did always made him smiled or amused. "Nothing, i just have this weird feelings. I thought somthing bad happened to you guys"

"Nothing bad happen, we both fine. Oh, i wanna ask something too" said Hyori. Kris wating Hyori to continue. "You are fine with me and Yeolie dating, right?"

Kris felt his world destroyed. He couldn't believe what he just heard. "You what? Dating? When?"

"Yeah, just recently. Yeolie confessed and i agreed to it. I hope you are fine with us dating"

"If that makes you happy, i'm fine. I hope you two will be happy as always" said Kris. He hung up. He felt his heart broke into little pieces. He hit the wall beside him. He needed explanation from Chanyeol.

 

"Explain to me! What happened until you broke our promise?!" asked Kris half yelled. He couldn't believe Chanyeol, his best friend, stabbed him from the back.

Chanyeol did feel guilty for breaking the promise. But what else could he do? He wanted Hyori to be his. "I'm sorry hyung, i accudentally told Hyori about our feeling for her. And she said she loves me too. That's why she wanna ask permission from hyung. I'm sorry hyung" lied Chanyeol. He couldn't believe he lied to both his best friends. But the truth just too risky.

"So, she doesn't like me then?" asked Kris. Chanyeol shook his head. Kris felt his heart broke to an even more tiny pieces. He stood up and left Chanyeol's house. Chanyeol wanna ran after him, but he realised Kris just needed some time alone. He sighed and hoped his lies wouldn't be found out by other. He didn't want Kris and Hyori to hate him.

 

Kris tried to act normal since Hyori did the same. Even after those two dated, they still acted as usual. But just got a little bit more intimate. Kris tried hard to bury his feelings, but he just couldn't. He loved Hyori too much, but if she was happy with Chanyeol, he would do his best to support them. Even if his heart broke everytime seeing them.

"Krissy, why are you so quiet lately? Do you not like me and Yeolie dating?" asked Hyori. Kris wanted to say no so badly but instead he just forcing a smile and shook his head. "No, i'm happy for you two. At least i know that happy virus won't hurt you"

"Stop forcing to smile. We have been friend for years. I know something bugging you and that smile is forced. It's fine if you don't wanna tell me. I just hope you'll cheer up soon" how happy Kris would be if Hyori was his girlfriend instead. He pat Hyori's head before walking away. He decided to leave Hyori and Chanyeol alone. He didn't want to make Hyori worried and he needed time for him to think. And to recover.

 

"Why is Krissy suddenly leave us? Did we do something wrong to him? He won't even talk to me in class" said Hyori to Chanyeol. She was worried because Kris hadn't talk or spent time with them for almost a month.

'It's not your fault, Hyori-ya. But my fault' thought Chanyeol. He hugged Hyori and tried to cheer her up.

"I'll talk to him later. Maybe he have a problem that he needs to solve now. That's why he can't spend time with us. It's not your fault" Chanyeol rubbed Hyori's back. Hyori forced a smile for Chanyeol. She didn't know why she missed Kris so much. And felt like she needed him beside her again.

 

"Hyung, i have a confession to make" said Chanyeol. Kris looked at Chanyeol weirdly. He was about to enter the bathroom when Chanyeol dragged him somewhere.

"What is it? I really need to go back to class and i haven't go to the bathroom too" said Kris impatiently

Chanyeol was hestitant for a while. He didn't know if he needed to confess or just kept lying. But he didn't want to see Hyori sad again. "I lied to you and Hyori"

Kris looked confused. "Lied? How? I don't get it. Why do you need to lie in the first place?"

Chanyeol knew Kris probably would hate him after this. But Kris and Hyori needed to know the truth. "I lied to Hyori-ya. I didn't tell her hyung loves her too. I told her hyung just worried my feeling will tear us apart. And i lied to hyung by saying Hyori-ya didn't love hyung back. She didn't even know hyung loves her. I lied so i can make Hyori-ya mine. I'm so sorry" Chanyeol hung his head low

Kris needed time to process it all. When he was about to say somthing, Hyori interrupted him.

 

Hyori waited for Kris to go to the next class. But Kris didn't come back after went to the bathroom. She decided to search for him. She saw Kris being dragged by Chanyeol. She decided to follow those two. She hid behind a wall and eavesdropped the boys

"I lied to Hyori-ya. I didn't tell her hyung loves her too. I told her hyung just worried my feeling will tear us apart. And i lied to hyung by saying Hyori-ya didn't love hyung back. She didn't even know hyung loves her. I lied so i can make Hyori-ya mine. I'm so sorry" Hyori was shocked knowing her two best friends loved her. But even more surprised hearing Chanyeol lied. She couldn't believe Chanyeol could lie.

"Is all that true?" both Kris and Chanyeol looked shock seeing Hyori there. After recovered, they both nodded.

"I can't believe it. I'm such a fool. I didn't realise a single bit you two have a feeling for me. And Yeolie even lied. I really am a fool" said Hyori sarcastically.

"Hyori-ya, we didn't mean it that way. We both promised to keep it a secret because we didn't want our friendship ruined" said Kris

"Yeah, hyung did nothing wrong. I broke the promise so i can date you. But, now you know the truth. I won't force you to still be my girlfriend" said Chanyeol

"All this is so confusing. I need some time alone. I both you two can understand. I need time to think about everything. Including my feeling. I'll tell you guys when i'm ready" with that, Hyori left.

 

***

6 years later......

Hyori was late. It was christmas night and she already promised her boyfriend to go on a date with him. But her annoying boss made her work until late. Only 30 minutes left before christmas. She hoped her boyfriend could understand and wouldn't be mad. When she arrived at their home, she quickly threw her shoes and bag and looked for her boyfriend.

"I'm sorry i was late. My annoying boss makes me work extra so i couldn't go home early. I'm sorry we couldn't spend time outside together" apologised Hyori. She sat down beside her boyfriend on the couch. He smiled and took her to the kitchen. She saw many foods ready on the table.

"Who said we can't spend time together? We can eat together while waiting for christmas. Just sit down and i'll heat the food again" Kris said while taking the foods to the microwave. After spend a week to think, she finally broke up with Chanyeol and dated Kris. She didn't realise it before that Kris always there for her and took care of her. And she fall in love with Kris but just never realised it. Chanyeol didn't mind seeing them dating and liked to interrupt their sweet moments.

"Do you want me to massage you? You seem so tired" offerred Kris. Hyori shook her head. "My job is tiring but i'm loving it. I bet you are tired with work too"

"I'm a boy, i'm more strong than you so don't worry. Just remember that i'm here to support you" Kris said. Hyori smiled and kissed him on the cheek.

It was time to exchange present. Hyori finally found a jersey and basketball Kris had been looking for lately. Good thing the stuff arrived today.

"I hope you'll like it" said Hyori while giving Kris the gift. Kris smiled when seeing what was inside.

"Thank you, Hyori-ya. I can't believe i finally can get these" said Kris. He put the gift on the couch and went to get his gift.

When arrived, he kneeled and showing Hyori a wedding ring. "Hyori-ya, will you be my wife and spend our entire life together in happiness?" Hyori was crying out of happiness. "I will. I will be your wife" Kris smiled and put the ring on Hyori and hugged her. "Thank you for naking my life perfect and making me happy always. I love you Hyori-ya and will always love you"

"I'm glad i have you too. I love you so much Krissy and thank you for always being there for me. You really helps me a lot" said Hyori. They both smiled and about to kiss when Chanyeol called them. Grumpily, Kris answered the call. But not for long. Kris hung up and suddenly kissed Hyori. Hyori's face turned red.

"Ah, i almost forget another thing, Krissy" Hyori said suddenly. Kris tilted his head in confusion. Hyori didn't know if she should tell Kris or not.

"I think i might be pregnant" said Hyori. Kris was more than happy. He couldn't stop smiling and hugged Hyori so tight.

"Our family just be even more perfect! Thank you, Hyori-ya. We will finally have a baby we dreamt about. Our baby Minnie that we always dreamt to have" said Kris kissing Hyori's head. Hyori smiled and hugged Kris back. She was happy having Kris as her boyfriend and her future husband. And a baby will just make their life even more happy and perfect.