Breaking Point

Blurred Lines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The ride back to your house was quiet. You kept your eyes turned to the window watching the passing street lights and people. Every now and then Damon would sigh, his hands audibly gripping the steering wheel tighter. When he pulled up to your building you made no move to get out.

"_____?" he called out to you, his hand lightly resting on your shoulder.

'You look good together.' Hongbin's words and lifeless stare flooded your head. You could feel yourself cracking under the weight of the memory.

"Damon. . . Why did he.. I-. . " you struggled to say something, anything to tell him how you felt. Damon let out a shaky breath before he got out of the car and opened your door. He reached over unbuckling your seatbelt and turning you towards him before he crouched down.

"_____, I know things don't look good right now. . .he definitely didn't react how I thought he would but. . .everything is going to be okay," he tried to reassure, holding both your hands in his.

You shook your head weakly, "No it's not. . didn't you hear what he said? How he looked at me?"

Damon only looked at you, his face pained as he struggled to find the right words. His hands gripped yours tighter. You weren't sure why, but the warmth you felt from them finally broke you. Your body began to shake as sobs tore from your throat. Damon moved closer, pressing you against his chest. You held onto him, trying to cling to the last bit of sanity you had.

"____, why don't-"

"D-don't leave m-me alone. . . n-not tonight," you stuttered between cries. You knew it sounded wrong, but you knew you'd die if you were left alone with your thoughts.

Damon hesitated for a second before lifting you up out of your seat and carrying you up to your apartment. He set you down onto the couch, his hand still holding yours tightly.

"Do you need anything? I can make you some food if your hungry," he asked, pushing the hair away from your face. You answered with a quiet 'no'. Your chest shook with the ragged breaths you were taking to calm down.

"_____, don't think about it. It only makes it worse if you do," he said coming to sit next to you. He pulled you to lean against him, his arms encircling you.

"I promise he'll come back to you,"  he whispered.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

You woke to Damon's face resting on the couches edge. His shoulders rose and fell with his deep breaths, lips parting as air passed through them. His hand was still holding yours, pressing it close to his cheek. You felt bad. He stayed up to take care of you, and now he was practically sleeping on the floor.

Sitting up, you lightly ruffled his wavy hair. "Damon. . .hey Damon wake up," you said loudly.

He groaned, pressing his face into the seat cushion before sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

"I fell asleep?" he mumbled, stretching out his arms.

"mmhm," you hummed moving towards the kitchen.

Damon joined you, leaning his weight against the counter top. You felt his eyes on you and turned to him, raising your eyebrows, "What?"

He watched you carefully, like he was looking for something.

"Are you. . .okay now?" he question quietly.

You felt your face fall, but with effort managed to grin at him, "I'm fine!"

He let out a breathy laugh, "Okay good. . .here, I'll drive you to work."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Just act as if nothing happened. . .do that and you'll be fine"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter