Unexpected

Blurred Lines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"_____, why aren't you talking to me?" Hongbin whispered, his voice only loud enough for the two of you to hear.

You bit the inside of your cheek, forcing back the words that threatened to boil over. You had been going through with Damon's plan for a week now. Each passing day killed you a little more. . . 

 

"______?" he called out to you again, this time moving closer.

You swallowed, willing your eyes to remain frigid as you turned to look at him. You eyed him carefully, feigning annoyance with a sigh.

"What?" you finally answered him.

His eyebrows furrowed, a grimace taking over his features, "We need to talk."

"What's there to talk about? You're getting married." you said flatly as you walked towards the dark room to retrieve some photos. You could hear him follow behind, his gentle steps keeping in time with yours.  As you neared the small room you turned to him.

"Leave me alone," you said harshly.

His eyes narrowed before he suddenly pushed you into the room, him following after. He stuck his head out, his eyes scanning the area before shutting the door and locking it.

"What are you doing?" you said trying to move past him.

Hongbin blocked your path, placing his whole body in front of the door. "_____, there is plenty to talk about. . . .the other night-"

Although it was childish, you covered your ears, shaking your head side to side, "I don't want to talk about it! Theres nothing to talk about Hongbin!"

In truth you had plenty to say, plenty of questions to ask; but you knew the walls you were barely holding up would come crumbling down if you did.

You felt his hands encircle your wrists, tugging them away from you. "____. . . "

That low,soft familiar tone of his voice hit you like a ton of bricks. You hated when he spoke this way. . .you hated that he probably knew it was your weakness.

His body shifted towards you, one hand coming up to hold your face. His eyes were filled with guilt as they stared down into yours. "______ . . ."

You shook your head again, breaking your trance and wrenching out of his grip. "No Hongbin. Just leave me alone . . . go to Kara," you paused. " . .that's where you belong." His face changed at those words, a mix of pain and anger.

Grabbing the photos you needed you shoved past him, hastily unlocking the door and bolting into the studio.

 

This really wasn't going to be easy. . . .

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Will you be able to make it to the wedding rehearsal?" Kara asked as she flipped through a bridal magazine.

You forced a smile, "Of course."

"By the way. What's up with you and Damon~?" she chided raising her eyebrows.

You rolled your eyes dramatically, "Nothing."

"Sure doesn't look like nothing," she grinned, her gaze shifting to the area behind you. You turned, the breath knocking out of you.

It was Damon, he was standing by the front door of the studio, bouquet of flowers in hand. "_____!" he yelled towards you. A smile spread across his face as he made his way over to you.

"I got these for you," he said quietly handing you the flowers with a wink. You laughed admiring them, sincerely touched by his gesture.

"What are you doing here Damon? It's work hours, " Hongbin's sudden question cut your bliss short.

You turned to him, eyes doubling at the fire that burned in his gaze as he stared between the flowers and Damon. Saying he was pissed off would have been a huge understatement. Hongbin. .  .he looked like he was about to kill Damon.

Damon chuckled before sitting down next to you, his arm coming to rest comfortably over your shoulders.

"I came to visit this beautiful girl," he answered, tugging you closer to him. You grinned up at him. The two of you had gotten comfortable with the "lovers" act lately. Everything was beginning to come naturally. . .like the two of you were really a couple.

A low hiss, passed through Hongbin's clenched jaw. It wasn't hard to catch the slight twitch in his right eye as he watched Damon intently. 

"Thanks for the flowers, their pretty," you smiled, lightly touching the petals of one. "White roses are one of my favorites," you continued, your eyes flashing to Hongbin.  He was staring at the bouquet, clear annoyance written in his slanted frown.

Damon leaned closer, bringing his lips next to your ear. " They're not as pretty as you," he whispered. Hongbin's chest expanded, his anger flaring. Before you were completely aware of what was going on he lunged forward, yanking you out of Damon's arms.

"Come with me now, "he growled, nearly dragging you out of the building.

"Hongbin let go! Now!," you struggled, scratching at his hand.

He ignored you, forcing you into his car. "Move, and I'll just drag you back," he said evenly before slamming the door shut.

As he rounded the car to the driver's seat Damon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter