The Wedding Breaker

The Wedding Breaker

 

This might be a double update for some of you. Do read the previous chapter if you haven't. ^^


 

        Kris stood up from the bed and walked out from the room, followed closely by a guilty looking Nina. She followed him to the kitchen where he poured himself a glass of whisky, adding a cube of ice in the glass before dawning it in one go. Nina stood at the kitchen doorway, not daring to come any closer because he was clearly angry and upset. His eyes were showing so much rage that it scared her and his lean body was trembling with anger. Still, she hesitantly stepped forward and called for him.

        "K-Kris?"

        Angry gaze met her trembling ones, and Nina fought the urge to just drop on the floor. Her knees were shaking and slowly giving in so she slightly leaned against the kitchen counter to keep herself standing. His angry eyes never met hers, and Nina felt a cold shiver down her spine due to his gaze. She has never seen him so angry. Not even when they occasionally got into arguments. Not even when she had refused to move into his condo with him not long ago. Not even when he got jealous of Luhan for being close to her. This Kris scared her and she finally understood why his friends nicknamed him a scary, angry dragon cause he was indeed very scary at the moment - but she knew that she was the one at fault. 

        "K-Kris, I-"

        "Why, Nina?" his voice was low and dangerous, causing her to swallow in fear. "Why did you have to dig all those up?! There's a reason why I didn't tell you those things, Nina! They are my past! And I'm not proud of it! Why can't you just accept the new me? Why do you have to dig up such a disgusting past?! And to think you found out about it from Chanyeol? God damn it Nina!"

        He wasn't screaming, but it was enough to scare her. She dared herself to walk closer and stopped just a few feet away from him. "Kris, I didn't mean to-"

        "WHAT!?" he was yelling now. "YOU DIDN'T MEAN TO WHAT? DIG INTO MY PAST? IS THAT IT? ARE YOU SAYING THAT CHANYEOL TOLD YOU EVERYTHING AND YOU DIDN'T STOP HIM? DOESN'T THAT MEAN YOU WERE CURIOUS TOO? GOD DAMN IT WHY CAN'T YOU JUST LOVE ME WITHOUT DIGGING ABOUT MY PAST?!"

        "BECAUSE I LOVE YOU! BECAUSE I WANTED TO HELP YOU DAMN IT!" it was her turn to yell and Kris grew silent at her outburst, staring at her with wide eyes. Nina took in a shaky breath and continued with a lower voice. "I love you, Kris and I just... knowing your past doesn't make you any less than you are now. I know you feel insecure at times, and I want to know why. Why would you feel so insecure when I love you so goddamn much!? You wouldn't even tell me a single thing. And yes, I didn't stop Chanyeol because I was so goddamn curious! I wanted to know what hurt you, and I wanted to hold you and tell you that everything's going to be okay. I wanted to feel your pain and make sure that you receive nothing like it anymore. I want to make you happy, Kris. Is that so bad?"

        Nina didn't realise it but she was already crying as she blurted out everything. Kris continued to watch her with an unreadable look on his face. Taking another deep breath, Nina opened and said, "You have everything, Kris. You can give me everything with your money, no matter how much I told you not to. But I'm not rich like you. The only thing I can give you is happiness, and that's all I can afford. But you wouldn't even let me do that."

        Feeling her chest lightened from her outburst, Nina finally found the strength to direct her legs back to their room and she dived under the blanket and cried to herself. Why can't he understand that I just wanted to make him feel better? I didn't mean to hurt him. I just wanted him to be happy. Kris hasn't walked back into the room. He didn't even bother to chase after me. At that thought, she cried again. She began to regret knowing his past from Chanyeol, but part of her was glad since she wanted nothing more that to make him feel better. But yet here she is, crying her eyes out. Tired from all the crying, Nina found herself drifting away and she soon fell asleep.

 

 

        Nina's eyes fluttered open and she closed them again when she felt the pain encircling her eyes. All the crying had stung her eyes and she knew that it must be bloated at the moment. Darkness welcomed her when she opened her eyes again and she glanced at the alarm clock which showed that it was three in the morning. She wanted to get up and wash her face to wipe all the dry tears away, but something was preventing her from getting up. Looking under the blanket, she realised a pair of arms circling around her waist, tigtening the grip as she moved to pull away. But the grip was too strong, and so she gave up with a tired sigh and slightly leaned back. She felt his breath at her nape and his chest on her back, and such simple contact made her smile sadly before the previous event entered her mind and made her eyes water again.

        "Please... don't cry." she suddenly heard his voice whispering at her nape. She turned her head towards the pillow to hide her tears, and she felt Kris tightening his grip on her. "Did you know that she tried to come back to me a few days after that?" he suddenly asked, causing her to still. She said nothing and Kris took it as a sign to go on. "When I confronted her about her pregnancy, she tried to lie to me. She said it was mine and that she wanted to surprise me. When I told her that I didn't want her anymore, she cried and begged me. But I couldn't."

        Kris was met with silence, but he still had more to say. Feeling her chest rise and fall, and that her body was a bit tensed, he knew she was listening so he decided to let it all out. "I saw her again a week later, looking all pale and weak. She came and begged me to take her back, and I was contemplating to do so. I still loved her then, you know. And it pained me to see her like that. I thought that the pregnancy was taking a toll on her and I wanted to be there to support her, take the responsibility and be the father of the unborn fetus - but I was wrong. She wasn't weak due to the pregnancy, she was weak because she aborted the baby."

        That surprised Nina very much. Turning around, Kris had his eyes looking downwards at the sheets and she could see the tears in his eyes. "I was young, but that doesn't mean I didn't have a heart. To think that she got rid of the baby just to get back to me disgusts me. He was innocent. He knew nothing yet he had to suffer because of her. I didn't want to live with that kind of person, so I threw her out of my life. Her actions made me realise that she cared about nothing but herself, and I've been so blind to notice that."

        "D-Did anybody else k-know about this?" she whispered in disbelief and Kris shook his head against his pillow. "Not even Chanyeol?"

        "You're the first."

        A stinging pain in her chest made her realise that he was indeed in pain, and to think that he has been keeping such secret to himself made her want to cry. And so she did. Nina let herself cry and snuggled to his chest, circling her arms tigthly around his waist. She felt him take a deep, shuddering breath, and she knew that he was crying. "I'm so sorry, Kris. I was being inconsiderate towards your feelings. I didn't know that you faced something so hard like this. I-I'm s-sorry..."

        "It's okay, babe. I'm sorry too. I'm sorry for hiding it all from you. I'm sorry for making you cry."

        Nina lifted her head from his chest and kissed him, assuring him that everything's going to be okay. When they pulled away, they stared into each other's eyes for a long while. No words were spoken, but it seemed that they were able to understood each other well. Kris closed his eyes as Nina kissed him all over, and he replied as eagerly. They were both comforting one another, letting each other breathe from all the incidents in the past and the argument they had. Slowly, things escalated and one thing led to another.

 

 

         "Someone's glowing," Baekhyun teased when he dropped by to see Kris at his office. Kris looked up with a smile and reached for the papers that the smaller was handing to him. 

        "Is that all?" he asked, flipping through them before turning back to the younger.

        "Did you have this morning?" the guy blurted out with a raised brow, causing the elder to frown at him. 

        "Who had morning ?" came a voice and they turned to see Chanyeol peeking behind the large wooden door. "Knock knock." he grinned and walked in, a folder in his hand. He approached the duo and placed the folder onto the large, mahogany desk and sat next to Baekhyun at the visitor's chair. "So what's this about morning ?" he asked casually, earning a sigh from Kris and a scoff from his cousin.

        "Apparently our boss here got himself laid before coming down to work." Baekhyun smirked and leaned in his chair. "The light radiating from his face is blinding me, to be honest."

        Kris sighed at this. "Baekhyun, it's the light coming from the window behind me that is blinding your sight. Not me. Now get the hell out. I pay you to work, not sit around and gossip."

        "Geez, loosened up big guy." Baekhyun snorted but he got up and fixed his attire before mockingly bowed at his bosses. He giggled when the duo glared at him and swayed his out of the office.

        Chanyeol leaned back in his chair and observed the guy sitting opposite of him. He does look brighter and happier compared to before, and he knew he had Nina to thank for bringing back his best friend. When Kris moved his head to the side a little, revealing the little spot on the side of his neck, Chanyeol let out a smirk which caught Kris's attention.

        "What?"

        "Lucky you. I can't get myself laid lately with Sohee being y with the pregnancy. She's been leaving me alone with my hands for three weeks and it's frustrating." Kris made a disgusted face and was about to open his mouth but Chanyeol beats him to it. "Seriously, Sohee is such a turn on even when she's pregnant. She gets extra adorable too. And not to mention sensitive. But God, she's just so... damn, what did I do to deserve her?"

        "Chany-"

        "And did I tell you that we're expecting a Chanyeol junior?" Kris raised a brow at this and shook his head. "Well, we are. We found out the other day during her appointment. Man, I was a bawling mess! It was embarrassing but I was too happy, you know? My girl is carrying a little mini me, and I just..." Chanyeol sighed and smiled happily to himself. "I'm going to be a father, Kris."

        Chanyeol expected the guy to smile and for sounding so cheesy, but the gloomy expression on his face and the sigh that escapes his lips made Chanyeol frown. Is he not happy for me? "Chanyeol, remember when I told you Stella tried to come back to me after we broke up?" Kris asked, and Chanyeol slowly nodded his head. He didn't know why his best friend is suddenly bringing that topic out, but he could guess that it might be after the revelation he did to his girlfriend.

        Kris sighed and told him everything he had told Nina. Chanyeol's face was unreadable throughout the whole thing and the first thing he did after Kris told him everything was apologize. "Don't Chanyeol. I'm somehow glad that you told her. I don't think I could," the elder told him with a sigh.

        "So she knows, right?" Chanyeol asked and Kris nodded. "I'm glad. Really, Kris. I'm glad to see you like this again. I'm glad that you allowed her to know everything. Welcome back, bro."

        Kris scoffed at this, trying to hide the fact that he was deeply touched by Chanyeol's words. But Chanyeol knew, of course. Just by the way his body moved, Chanyeol understood everything. But he didn't , cause he know he's like that at times too, and Kris would be the first to understand him. Being brothers since young made them understood each other so much that no words would be needed to let the other know what they were actually feeling.

 

 

        Knock. Knock.

        "Come in!" The door opened, revealing a girl with long, brown hair smiling at her. Nina beamed and stood up from her chair as the female walked into her office and closed the door behind her. "Hey, Nina."

        "Hi, unnie. How are you?" Nina asked as she assisted the pregnant lady to the visitor's chair and sat her down. "Wow, you're huge." she innocently commented, taking a seat next to the elder.

        Sohee laughed at her expression. "Well, I am at the end of my second trimester already," she told her. "What do you expect, Nina?" she chuckled along with Nina.

        "Sorry, unnie. How are you, anyway? Does Chanyeol-sshi know you're here?" 

        "I'm doing okay. Of course he knows. He's still in the dragon's lair. By the way, I heard you completely tamed the dragon?"

        Nina laughed at this. "I try my best, unnie. Did you know... about before?" she asked in a low voice and Sohee nodded, saying she only knew a bit. "Well, I'm going to release him from that pain. I think he deserves happiness, just like everybody else."

        "God, you're an angel." Sohee commented, causing her to blush. "Seriously Nina, where have you been all these while? Though I'm really glad you came into his life. He deserves someone better. Someone who will cherish him thoroughly."

        The younger smiled softly at this. It might be difficult for her to always keep him happy, but she's willing to try. She wants him to be happy - no, she wants the both of them to be happy. Together. It wasn't easy for them to get to where they are now, and she's not going to let everything go to waste. Inside, she prays for nothing but a happy ending for the both of them.

        Another knock on the door caused both ladies to turn and the door opened, revealing Kris and Chanyeol, both smiling. Nina got up and kept her eyes on her boyfriend as he approached her and placed a hand on her back. The two kept their eyes on each other a while and smiled. They heard a set of chuckles and turned to see both Sohee and Chanyeol smiling at them.

        "I'm so glad to see you like this, Kris." Sohee told the blonde and Kris smiled.

        "I have Nina to thank for that, noona." he replied with a glance at the female standing next to him. Nina blushed at his words and kept her head down to hide her blush, causing the rest to laugh at her. "Anyways, lunch?" 

        


An update I'd like to dedicate to one of my baby minion, ultimate_novie!! Happy Birthday sweetheart! Thank you so much for your endless support for me and TWB! I love you so much! You don't know how grateful I am for having you as one of my minions. Mama loves you so much, my minion! Please stay healthy and happy always! When this all end, I hope to see you in my next story. I'd be really happy if you continue to stay with me. 

Now, now, now... Don't be jealous, my dear minions. I love you all equally, okay? Hehehe. But seriously, thank you all for the endless support! I'm so glad you decided to stay and enjoy TWB. This is an experience I shall never forget. Is it too much for me to wish to see you all again in my next fic? I hope not because I don't think I'm ready to part with any of you yet. Mama loves you all! 

Also, it's sad to say that after this, I'm going to post the last chapter for The Wedding Breaker. We've come to end after all, my dear minions. Oh God, I feel like crying T^T