The Wedding Breaker

The Wedding Breaker

 

 

        “Tao, find out who it was that had ruined my wedding. Once you find her, call me immediately.”

        “Yes, boss.” It was just a short reply from Kris’ bodyguard but it was enough to satisfy him. He watched as the tall, Chinese man walked out of his office with an intimidating look on his face and sighed in annoyance. It’s been three days after the huge humiliation and Kris was dying to find the girl who had ruined his wedding.

        Kris was not desperate to find himself a wife. In fact, he was against the idea in the first place. But when their family lawyer read his dead grandmother’s death wish, he knew it was his duty as the eldest grandson of the Wu family. No matter how much he despised the idea of the arranged marriage, he still felt responsible to do what he was told. Besides, he decided that Yuri was beautiful and y enough to be his wife so he opened up more to the idea.

        No thanks to that trash that had ruined his whole marriage, he had lost the chance of having a beautiful, y- girl as a wife, loses his reputation and humiliated himself and his family in front of a huge crowd in a holy building.

        You’re going to regret messing with my life, woman. I’ll find you and make sure you suffer greatly. Kris chuckled and smirked to himself as ideas flood through his head. No one messes with Kris Wu and gets away with it.

 

        Nina sighed in relief the moment the meeting ended. She got up and stretched lightly in order to relax her muscles before quickly gathering her things. The meeting, which was supposed to last for an hour, ended almost four hours later. She wasn’t the only one complaining, but due to the stern look on their boss’s face from all the stress from work, no one dared to open their mouth and complain.

        “Unnie…” Nina turned and smiled as her younger colleague approached her with a file in her hands. She mentally groaned, knowing that it must be some kind of a homework she had to bring home that day.

        “Hey, Eunhee. Is that for me?” she asked with a tired smile.

        Eunhee frowned and looked down at the file in her hands and shook her head. “No, it’s not. It’s mine to bring home today.”Thank God. “Why, unnie? Did you dread it’ll be your homework for the day?” Eunhee teased.

        Nina pretended to groan before sighing dramatically, causing Eunhee to laugh at her. “I’ve been bringing so many files, reports and all those home for these past few days that it’s killing me! Just seeing a file lying innocently on the table freaks me out.”

        “You’re so dramatic, unnie.”

        “Hey, you signed up for this.”

        “For what?”

        “Making friends with a dramatic person like me.”

        Eunhee laughed and shook her head with a proud smile on her face. “And I don’t regret it one bit!”

        “You’d better not!” Nina playfully wagged her fingers in front of the younger’s face and the two exploded in laughter.

        “Glad to see you too all bright and happy after a four hour long meeting,” a voice suddenly interrupted them. Eunhee turned and shrieked in surprise, causing the other two to laugh at her.

        “Mr. Zhang, you scared me.” Eunhee whined and pouted.

        “Now, now Ms. Jung. What are you trying to do with that pout of yours?” their boss playfully questioned.

        “N-nothing…” Eunhee blushed and looked away while Nina simply chuckled.

        “You ladies going home soon?” Mr. Zhang asked.

        Eunhee suddenly gasped and checked her watch. “I’m late! I have a dinner to attend tonight. I’ll be going first Mr. Zhang. See you tomorrow, unnie!”

        Nina watched in amusement as Eunhee zoomed out of the meeting room, leaving her and their boss laughing at her behavior.

        “So, Nina… want to grab dinner with me before heading home?” the man asked with a glint of hope in his eyes.

        “I’m sorry, Yixing, but I can’t.” Nina replied softly. Mr. Zhang – or Yixing, as Nina calls him – smiled softly in return and nodded his head in understanding. It wasn’t the first time he was rejected by this pretty girl, and despite all the rejection, he wasn’t able to keep his distance from the girl.

        “Yixing?”

        He likes hearing his name coming out of . It sounded so beautiful, sweet and delicate; just like her. Yixing realizes that he was seriously whipped by this employee of his, and he refuses to deny it in any way at all. When Nina waved her hand at his face to gain his attention, Yixing bit his lip and turned away in order for her not to see his blush.

        “Yixing, I have to go home now. I’ll see you tomorrow?”

        “Sure. Uhm… let me walk you to your car.”

        “Ah, it’s okay. I’ll be fine.”

        “Are you sure? It’s already dark out and I don’t think it’s safe for you to be alone.”

        Nina smiled at her boss’s persistency and shook her head. “Trust me, Yixing. I’ll be fine. So, I’m off.”

        “Okay, be careful.” Yixing said as Nina exited the room. He sighed and rubbed his aching temple.

        You’re just not meant to be, Zhang Yixing.

 

## Oh my God! Thank you so much to those who had subscribed and left beautiful comments! I'm glad you like them, cupcakes~ I'll work hard and make better updates in the future! One of you made me really happy by praying that my story would get featured. Oh God, I'd love that! It's like winning a writer's award or something! So do upvote if you think my story deserves one *shamelessly asking* lol. Anyways, do comment, subscribe and upvote! Looking forward to hear from you guys~ Enjoy the update, cupcakes! <3 ##