One Day

♬ Never Forget ♬

(Taemin)

I was sick of it. Sick of people trying to have me rememberthings I couldn't. Sick of people mourning over me. How did they think it made made me feel?

It wasn't any fun for me, sitting around while therapists and doctors asked me stupid questions that I obviously couldn't answer. 

What made me the most upset was the girl, who was supposedly my girlfriend. Deep inside, it hurt me to see her cry so much, but she expected so much of me. She always strongly tried to bring back memories, but they never came. And when they didn't, it made me feel stupid, and like It was my fault.

The girl, Krystal, wasn't here today, because of some 'schedule' for her 'idol career'. So I sat alone. I saw a banana milk, sitting on a nearby table, and decided to grab it. It tasted weird the first time I had it.

But I would try again. As I poked the straw into the top of the milk, I took a sip. Not bad. As I continued to drink, I liked it more and more. The sweet taste of the flowing, cool milk made me taste buds happy. I could see why I liked this milk so much.

I tried turning on the TV, and saw a live music broadcast. 

"Next, is the lovely and unique girl group that has made fans crazy all over the world! F(x)!" the host announced. F(x)... It sounded familiar.

The cameras switched to a group of 4 girls... And maybe a guy? No, just a tomboy girl. 5 girls.

As the first girl started singing, it zoomed into her face. It was gorgeous... She was pure beauty. Then I realized. That was the girl who said she was my girlfriend. That was her. Krystal. Now that I saw her charm on stage... The way she moved gracefully, the way her melodious voice flowed out of her perfect lips.

Maybe I was lucky to have a girlfriend like her. Maybe I wasn't. I didn't know.

But I would need to try to recreate memories. I would try. I would try to see the brighter side of Krystal. No matter how upsetting and stressful it was to have forgotten everything, I would make up for it by making more memories than ever.

For now, I would just take a rest. A short rest. A rest...

--The next day--

I blinked my eyes groggily as a blurry figure came into view. Long, black hair. Big, loving eyes. A slim frame. As I focused, I saw that it was Krystal.

"K-krystal?" I asked.

"Yup. I'm here Minnie-... Er, I mean Taemin-sshi. Sorry for acting too close. It's all my fault. Everything is my fault..." she muttered, her eyes watering.

"Don't be. Please... Um, don't cry?" I tried consoling her. I felt nervous... Unsure of what to do.

"I brought you breakfast," Krystal offered, holding up a tray with pancakes. I saw that she made a smiley face on the too of them with fruit. 

"What do you think I am? A baby?" I asked harshly, regretting my words right after I said them. Why did I talk so much without thinking?

"I..." Krystal hesitated for a while. Then she said something unexpected. "Yes." And she wore a mischievious grin. I was about to get mad and yell at her, but I rethought it. And I didn't. I laughed and smiled with her. It felt... Amazing.

To be smiling with a beautiful lady who cared about me. 

"Where's the banana milk?" I asked, subconsciously.

"Banana milk? You said you hated it..." Krystal murmured, hanging her head a bit.

"Well, I guess my taste buds changed their mind," I said. She smiled again, and I felt like just hugging her. Why did I ever get mad at this girl?

I knew why. Because she tried to become close to me again during the time I was most stressed and was confused about my memories. Yet know, she seemed like the one who loved me most. And maybe she was.

 

(Krystal)

It had paid off. My work, my care, my love. I took a small risk in saying he was a baby, but the old Taemin seemed to be coming back. Very slowly, but surely. 

I would make sure we could share more smiles, and one day... We would be just the way we were before any of this chaos happened.