Part 33- Part 34 What I Did For Love

What I Did For Love ?

June 15, 1999
L.Joe was in his depressed state again. There was this empty void inside him that he couldn’t erase. It was a recurring pain that never seemed to end. He felt lonely. Whenever he sees Min Sung and Kyung Hee together, it disturbs him. He couldn’t figure out what it was but he kept finding something wrong with the image. Then a knock came on his door. “Come in,” he said, without bothering to see who it was. I entered L.Joe’s room holding a tray of food. Ever since he started being depressed, he isolates himself and didn’t eat much anymore. I was beginning to worry. I didn’t have much time left with him so I wanted to take the best care of him with the little time I still had left. “Hyung? Are you hungry? I brought you some food.” L.Joe turned around to see who it was. It was Min Sung.
“Just put it down.” Min Sung placed it down before L.Joe. Ramyun, mee-yuk-gook, rice, and curry. ‘How does he know I like these food?’L.Joe thought. “Take it away I don’t want it.” “But hyung, you haven’t eaten for days. Please eat a little bit.”

 

“I said take it away!” L.Joe yelled, his anger exploding. He knocked over the tray of food. It ended up spilling all over Min Sung. L.Joe and Min Sung stared at each other. Neither of them knew what to say. Min Sung leaned over to clean up the spilled food and then left. L.Joe fell back in his chair. He ran his hands through his hair frustrated. Min Sung was too much like L.Joe that it was driving him crazy. L.Joe knew he was out of line though, so he began to walk to Min Sung’s room to apologize. ’What a mess’, I thought as I stripped out of my clothes. I soaked myself in a hot water bath, hoping it could wash away all my troubles. When I was done with my bath, I wrapped myself up in a towel and got out of the tub. Then I heard my room door open and then close.
‘Must be Kyung Hee’, I thought as I began to put my clothes on. L.Joe entered Min Sung’s room, not knowing what to say. He wasn’t good at apologizing. He looked around and didn’t see Min Sung anywhere. Then he heard the sound of water draining. He figured Min Sung must be in the bathroom.L.Joe opened the door slightly and saw Min Sung’s . He shuts the door quietly and began to leave. He planned to apologize later but he suddenly realized what he had just seen. Min Sung’s back had an ‘L’ on it! L.Joe breaks open the door to the bathroom.

 

I was buttoning up my long sleeve shirt when my door suddenly opened. I stared at L.Joe in shock but then remembered I wasn’t completely dressed yet. I buttoned up the remaining buttons and then faced him. “Hyung!” I said surprised. “What are you doing here?” I caught L.Joe looking down at my shirt. I had buttoned it all wrong and a great deal of my body was showing. Oh hell, I thought. “Hyung, I can explain...“ I began to tell him but I never had a chance to. L.Joe stared at Min Sung’s exposed body. Without thinking, he ripped open Min Sung’s shirt finding that Min Sung was indeed a woman. Min Sung stood still, stunned at what L.Joe had just did. He turned Min Sung’s back to him. There it was. His ‘L.’ “C..Chorong?” he asked uncertainly, afraid of being too hopeful.I didn’t know what I was more embarrassed from. Letting L.Joe expose me or being caught. In all my life I had never been angry at L.Joe but I didn’t know why I reacted impulsively. As I held my shirt together, I slapped L.Joe across the face hard with my other hand. His head snapped to the side. He held his cheeks as he turned to face me. “How could you do this to me L.Joe?” I asked him screaming. “Get out! Get out!” I started to push him out the door.

 

L.Joe was in shock. Chorong, he thought. He grabbed her arms as she pushed him out. “Chorong, don’t! Is it really you?” I glared at him. As if he knew,L.Joe took off his jacket and puts it around my shoulders. I zipped it up, covering myself. “Yes L.Joe, it is me Chorong.” “But I thought you were dead.” “I didn’t die. I faked my death.” “Why?” “So I could come to Korea.” “You came all the way from Hawaii to find me? Why didn’t you just tell me who you are?” L.Joe looked at Chorong, who had tears streaming from her eyes. He was about to brush them off for her but Chorong pushed his hand away. “That’s the only way I could do to be with you. Join SechsKies.” L.Joe stared at Chorong as she continued talking. “After you left me all alone in Hawaii, my life became so miserable. Not because of my stepmom, but because of you. I finally found a way to leave Hawaii to find you. I was so happy when I thought about how I could see you again. I thought...“ L.Joe began to feel a rush of mixed emotions. Chorong’s words made him sad but seeing her alive in front of him made him want to hold onto her and never let go. He paused to let her continue.

 

"...I thought that we could be together like we were... Oppa and dongsang in Hawaii. But obviously, I was wrong. You had all those girls around you that you’ve completely forgotten about me.” L.Joe felt his heart shatter into a million pieces. Each one of Chorong’s words stabbed him like a knife. “Chorong, you don’t understand. I...“ Chorong didn’t wait for his explanation and ran. L.Joe chased after her. “Chorong!” he yelled as he chased after her out of the hotel. “Hyung,” said MinSoo as he saw L.Joe ran by him. L.Joe pushed him out of the way. Kyung Hee ran up to the Sechskies leaders. “What happened?” MinSoo shrugged his shoulders. “I don’t know. L.Joe was chasing Min Sung and kept screaming Chorong.” Kyung Hee stumbled and Sung Hoon caught her. ‘Oh no, poor Chorong,’ she thought. She turned around to see Sung Hoon looking at her sadly. Kyung Hee moved close to him and held onto him tight. Neither of them lets go.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

June 16, 1999
It was 3 a.m. and L.Joe had lostChorong. As he chased her down the streets he lost track of where she ran off to. “Chorong!!!” he continued shouting. His cries echoed throughout the streets. A lot of people heard him yelling. So did the Black Dragons. Tae Won silently crept up behind L.Joe. L.Joe was all alone. Tae Won gave an evil smile. He had a plan. He and his sidekick began to set up a trap for L.Joe. One which they knew he would fall for. “Chorong!” I covered my ears. I didn’t want to hear L.Joe’s voice. I was so confused. All I ever wanted was to be with L.Joe but now it’s all complicated. I leaned back against the alley wall. I needed time to think. L.Joe ran through the alleys as he continued searching for Chorong. Then he ran into Tae Won. Out of the darkness, Tae Won stepped out. “Looking for someone?” he asked. “Yeah,” said L.Joe, glaring at him. “I’m looking for Min Sung.” “The punk that stabbed me?” Tae Won asked furiously. “Yeah.” “I got him.” “You do?” L.Joe asked surprised. “Hand him over!” “There he is,” said Tae Won, pointing to a figure up ahead. From the back it did look like Min Sung but little did L.Joe know that it was all a setup. “Chorong?” L.Joe whispered as he approached the person. It was a Black Dragon member. He grabbed a hold of L.Joe around the neck and began shooting L.Joe continuously in the stomach.

 

I looked out from where I was hiding when I heard gunshots. “L.Joe!” I screamed as I ran out from where I hid. My scream threw the Black Dragon member off guard. Seeing his chance, L.Joe grabbed the gun from him and shot him in the head. He fell to the floor dead. Tae Won started to run away but L.Joe aimed a shot directly at his heart. Tae Won fell down dead too. L.Joe looked at me and then collapsed to the cold ground. He wasn’t able to hold on any longer. Rain began to pour. “L.Joe” I screamed, shaking him. He was still breathing but barely. I lifted L.Joe up on my back and carried him to a nearby hospital. The rain drenched us and it grew hard for me to carry him because of the weight. However, I managed to make it. They rushed him into the emergency room.

 

Four hours later, the doctor came out.“How is he?” I asked as I ran up to him. “He was shot 4 times in the stomach region. As you know, a person needs at least one kidney to survive but both his kidneys are destroyed. Unless we can find a donor, he’ll have to die.” “Give him mine,” I told the doctor right away.
“Are you sure?” I nodded my head. “Due to your heart condition, you might die instantly during the transfer.” I nodded my head again. “I understand. Please let’s have the operation now.” They tested me and luckily my liver is compatible for L.Joe. Six hours later the surgery was completed. It’s a miracle that I’m still alive. I knew that I won't be alive for long though. I woke up finding myself on a hospital bed with L.Joe on the bed next to me. He was still in a coma. I got out of bed and went near him. I his hair gently as I bent down to kiss him. “I love you L.joe,” I whispered to him. Then I left the room, going to the last place I wanted to be.

 

 

Next Is the Last Chapter of this Story... I'm actually cried when write this in here :'( I don't know but it's touch my heart  Dx .Prepared the tissue for the last Chapter