Chapter 11

Trainee Life : SNSD's Tenth Member

Watched: E! News

May 28th, 2004

May 28th, 2004

 

The next day Allison was more than a little terrified of what the day could hold for her. She know that her actions weren't appropriate but, she just wanted to go and have some fun with her new friend… She feels like she barely even has any friends anymore, and Alli definitely wanted to keep Jungah close to her.

During lunch everything seemed the same, Allison guessed that Stephanie didn't say anything to the others although, Stella attempted to bring the subject up a few times. To the youngests dismay Stephanie also ignored her since the night before, Alli tried talking to her dormmate multiple times but Steph would either give her a simple one worded answer or just shrug her off. Problem was that Allison didn’t think what she did was really that bad.

Son seonsangnim barely reacted (much to Allisons relief) when she came to dance class however that couldn’t be said the same for Lee seonsangnim since she was very… vocal. She spent a good twenty minutes telling Allison how it was totally irresponsible of her to not show up to class and not even giving her a warning before hand. The entire time she was scolding Allison, the girl refused to meet eyes with the teacher and just stared down at her feet.

The teacher decided that for half the class Allison could kneel in the corner, facing the wall, with her arms in the air. Within a few minutes Alli felt like her arms were going to fall off but she kept them up, knowing that acting out now would be far from a good idea. After the time was up the teacher told Alli to get out and not return until she was serious about singing. Out of fear Alli rushed out of the room and into the hallway.

Allison ended up just wandering around for awhile, since she had no way back to the dorm until class would be over hours later, and found herself in a hallway she swears that she has never seen before. After multiple attempts to re-trace her steps she just decided to sit. Alli was tired and lost.

Grrr

And hungry…

"What are you doing?"

Allison looked up in surprise, standing in front of her was Donghae with a teenaged boy next to him who she hadn't seen before.

"Being lost…" Alli softly mumbled.

Donghae and the unknown guy chuckled before Donghae questioned again, "How did you even get up here? This floor is for project groups."

The dinosaur looking man gently helped the small girl up from her spot on the group and helped dust the invisible dust off. He asked Allison what she was doing again and the girl just stayed silent; she wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone and she just wanted to get back to the dorm and sleep…

"Come on we'll bring you back to the trainee studio." Alli immediately shook her head and pulled her arm safely back to her side and out of his grasp.

Donghae just gave Alli a confused look.

"I-I got kicked out…" The boy next to Donghae snorted at the girls confession.

"What did you do?" He softly asked.

"I skipped training yesterday…" Alli mumbled, ashamed.

Donghae supplied her with a simple smile. "Hey, hey, don’t be too bummed out about it. We all do it from time to time, although I never expected you to be the type to skip."

"I wanted to hang out with a friend," she shrugged.

The taller nodded in understanding. "But that doesn't explain why you're sulking by yourself in a hallway."

"Well the girl I'm closest with is mad at me since I snuck out after she told me I shouldn’t."

"Girl drama," the boy standing next to Donghae cursed underneath his breath. "Even at a young age…"

"Maybe she's jealous?" Donghae threw out the main reason for most girl-girl arguments (AN: you guys have to admit most girl-girl arguments are centered around jealousy in some way haha).

Allison quickly shook her head. "Stephanie's not like that…"

"Oh! Your roommate?" Donghae exclaimed. "She's probably just upset because you went against her word then, since she's a trainee too she actually understands the repercussions of your actions unlike the girl you went to the movies with."

Alli just gave him a confused look; since he said Korean words that the English native didn't understand.

He sighed. "You're both still really young and both obviously like to freak out about little things, this is just a small bump in your friendship. Besides you're roommates you can talk to her when you get back to the dorm."

"And say what?!" To be honest Allison didn't understand why Stephanie was so upset with her. Sure she made a stupid mistake but isn't Stephanie over reacting? Other than the fact Steph told her not to do something and she decided to do it anyway, it's Allisons choice if she wanted to screw up something. Stephanie has no right to be irritated with her about something that simply isn't in the elders control.

Donghae sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "I think you should just talk it over with her. I've noticed most of the time when girls are at disagreements you have to open your mind a bit, sit down, just the two of you!, and discuss it."

Allison slowly nodded after a few seconds of contemplation. "Alright, I understand."

Donghae smiled. "Good. And you also reminded me why I'm happy I'm a boy!"

 

Typically whenever the two girls would get back to the dorm they would talk a little bit and then go straight to bed so Allison was on a time limit to try and get Stephanie to talk to her, if she would even hear the younger out that is. It was after Allison was settled into her own bed and Steph came in after getting washed up that she finally opened .

"Stephanie? Can… can we talk?"

"About what?" She asked, not even looking at the younger. Instead staring at the plain colored ceiling.

"I want to understand why you're so upset with me… I honestly don't understand."

Stephanie gave her an exasperated look. "Really? You don't understand?"

Alli shook her head. "No, so please explain."

She sighed. "Only because you got the courage to talk to me first. I'm just looking out for you Alli, I don’t want you to be kicked out of being a trainee… I really want you to do your best alright? I care for you." Stephanie ended with a smile.

The younger returned her small smile. "That's so sweet of you… I mean I really like that you care so much and I don’t mean to sound like a when I say this but, this is technically a competition why do you care so much about my well being?"

Her roommate took a deep breath before answering, "Isn't it obvious? It's because you're my best friend."

Allison couldn’t stop the giant smile that made its way onto her face. She felt like Stephanie was her best friend as well, since they've practically been attached by the hip for the past almost three months, but Allison still felt that invisible wall in between them during that time. That wall that you don't really know how the other feels about the relationship and you don't want to make yourself sound creepy by saying how much they mean to you.

"You're my best friend too."



Oh middle/high school drama how I don't miss it :D You all have to admit (even if you're around Allisons age) girls argue over the DUMBEST things it's insane, I've seen friendships ruined over the stupidest arguments that escalate so quickly before - it's kind of digusting. But hey we all have to learn we're super immature somehow right? And some of us just aren't that great at showing our true emotions~