Chapter 21

TITLE: Age Doesn't Matter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Oppa, let’s go.” Taeyeon stood beside Baekhyun. Sweat of worries appearing on her face.

 

“What’s going on? Who was that?”

 

“Wooyoung.” She scrambles in finding her slippers under the bed. “He’s drunk.”

 

“Drunk? Why?” He knows that Wooyoung is still underage to be drunk.

 

“He asked me to be his girlfriend and I rejected him.” She found her slippers and started to reach for her cell phone when Baekhyun reached for her hand.

 

“What? When did this happen?”

 

“This afternoon. I’ll tell you in the car. Let’s go. I’m really worried about him.”

 

They dashed to Baekhyun’s car at the garage. Taeyeon took her phone and dialed Wooyoung’s number. Taeyeon started to tear up at the thought that his best friend might try to hurt himself.

 

“Answer the phone, damn it.”

 

Baekhyun started the engine and started driving not knowing where they’re headed.

 

“Wooyoung?” Taeyeon cried when Wooyoung finally answered the phone. “Where are you? I’m going right now.”

 

“Huh? Taeyeon?”

 

“Yes it’s me. Where are you?” Wooyoung told her the bar where he’s at. And Taeyeon ended the call before saying to him that she’s on her way.

 

She told Baekhyun where Wooyoung is at. The place isn’t that far from where they are so it won’t take long to get there.

 

Baekhyun waited for Taeyeon to relax before he asked his question. He wiped her tears with his free hand. “So, what happened this afternoon?” She took his hand and laid it on her lap, her eyes looking at their hands. Then she related the conversation that happened at their favorite ice cream shop.

 

“I thought everything was okay. He was already joking when we parted. I never thought he’d drown himself in alcohol.”

 

“He acted brave. Something that he shouldn’t have done if he knew he can’t handle his heartbreak. Being angry is better that pretending to be happy. If you’re angry you can let out your anger until all the frustrations vanished, but pretending to be happy just builds up the anger within. And now he’s being stupid.” Taeyeon just remained silent, still staring at their hands.

 

“So Taeyeon, if you’re angry at me just say it all in my face. Don’t pretend like nothing’s wrong. I don’t like it if you’re keeping something from me. And I know you won’t like it either if I did the same.” Taeyeon nodded.

 

“Taeyeon, please promised me that from now you’ll tell me everything that’s troubling you. Don’t ignore me without giving me a warning beforehand.”

 

“Yeah, I promise.” She squeezed his hand before placing it to her lips. Baekhyun's heart thugs at the gesture.

 

“I won’t keep anything from you from now on.” Baekhyun smiled in relief before his eyes shifted at the road.

 

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon and Baekhyun arrived at the place Wooyoung told them. It was a place near Wooyoung apartment. They saw a small stall nearby. A few tables were arranged in front of the stall. Taeyeon spotted Wooyoung immediately even though his head was slumped at the table and ran towards him, Baekhyun followed close by.

 

“Wooyoung.” Taeyeon tapped Wooyoung’s shoulder. She began to shake him when she didn’t get a respond.

 

“Wooyoung, it’s me. Let’s get out of here.”

 

Baekhyun stood next to Taeyeon. “Wooyong, get up.” He picked up Wooyoung and Taeyeon supporting him on the side.

 

“Umm. Excuse me. But that guy still hasn’t paid.” Both of them looked at the guy behind them.

 

“Taeyeon, please reach for my wallet on my back pocket and pay this guy.” Taeyeon complied and handed the guy the money. “Next time please check for an I.D. before you sell alcohol. This guy is still underage.” Baekhyun scolded the man, he’s older after all.

 

Wooyoung started to wake because he can feel that he’s in an upright position. He looked beside him to find the guy he hated the most. “What the . Get away from me.” He pushed himself away from Baekhyun causing him to lose his balance. It’s a good thing that Taeyeon is standing close by to support him.

 

“Ah, it’s Taeyeon.” His face brightened after seeing his best friends face. He swung his arms around Taeyeon’s neck and leaned his head on hers. He started rubbing his cheeks to her.

 

Baekhyun yanked him away from her forcefully. “You’re drunk. I’m taking you home.”

 

“ off dude. Didn’t I tell you to go away?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter