Chapter 1

TITLE: Age Doesn't Matter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

10 years ago…(Baekhyun was 17 years old)

 

Baekhyun was sitting in the dining table together with his family. Everyone’s smiling and laughing except for him. His brother just graduated from a prestigious medical school.

 

“So when do plan on working?” his father asked eagerly, obviously showing how proud he was to his son.

 

“As soon as I finish writing my resume, I want to get a job fast so I can help with Baekhyun’s fees at school” he faced Baekhyun and patted his head like a child “I promised right, that I will always support you.”

 

Baekhyun shrugged his brother’s hand and gave him a distant look “I’m not a child anymore, so don’t treat me as one”.

 

He can see the sad look from his brother’s eyes, he felt guilty hurting his feelings. He knew he’s older brother care for him too much and he care for him as well, but when did he start to resent his brother?

 

“Baekhyun! What kind of attitude are you giving to your brother? Show some respect. He studied so hard to help you and that’s how you show your gratitude? Why can’t you be more like him? You’re so useless. I can’t see any progress in you. I can’t believe you’re my son.”

 

“Yeobo!”

 

“Dad!” Baekhyun’s brother and mother said simultaneously.

 

“It’s alright dad, Baekhyun’s just on his rebellious stage, I understand.”

 

“Rebellious stage. You never had one when you were on his age.”

 

“Yeobo, stop that. Let’s just eat.” He’s mother said to stop the tension that’s brewing within the dining hall.

 

Baekhyun just stare at his food blankly. Why am I always being compared to my brother? Useless? Yeah, that’s where it begins. Because I don’t have hyung’s knowledge I’m useless. Saying that to me multiple times will only make me think I’m really useless. Maybe I am. I’m not needed in this house. Why was I even born? This . Why am I still here?

 

“I’m done eating, can I go now?” Baekhyun said while taking a stand. His brother and mother looked up to him while his father completely ignored him like he didn’t say a word. It didn’t surprise him.

 

“Baekhyun, you haven’t touched your food.” his mother said.

 

Baekhyun completely ignored his worried mother and walked away, and then he heard his father “Leave him. He’ll eat when he’s hungry. It’s not like he do anything in this house besides eating.”

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun went to the nearby park. He wanted fresh air. The air in their house is always heavy. He can’t breathe when he’s in there.

 

“Useless. A word that describes me the best.” He said as he sat on swing and swung himself. He started to enjoy the breeze and the air as it struck him in the face every time he swings.

 

“This feels good; it feels like all my problems are being swept by the wind.”

 

“WAAAAHHHHHH, WAAAAHHHHH!” he shot his eyes open and looked for the annoying cry that interrupted his peacefulness. He looked around and spotted a group of kids in the sand box.

 

He saw a tough looking kid surrounded by older kids, behind him is a girl who is crying on the sand. The kid obviously was about to cry himself but he kept a straight face and glare at the older kids.

 

“Give her ball back!” he said.

 

“It destroyed our sand castle so we'll take it as a payment” said the guy in the middle who is obviously the leader.

 

“It was an accident, just give it back!” he yelled as he sprung himself to take the ball. The older kid has good reflex and raised the ball higher before the tough kid can get it. The older kid got annoyed from the tough kids hand touching his face so he pushed him strongly to the ground. The tough kid got on his feet revealing his wounded chin, palms and knees. Once again, he suppresses himself from crying.

 

Baekhyun, who can’t watch it any longer, walks toward them a grabbed the ball from the older kid.

 

“What?..” the kid spun around to see who snatched the ball from him, when he saw Baekhyun’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter