Ice-Cream

Hey Peeping L.Joe! I Love You!

 

After the final bell rang, telling everyone that school was over. *Finally!* L.Joe thought as he dragged himself from class towards his locker.

 

He was bursting with extreme excitement. *Wait, I should act more un-excited, or else she might think I like her which I most obviously not.* L.Joe stuffed random books into his school bag and dashed off home.

 

L.Joe ran through the streets like there was a stream of lava just inches away from reaching his shoes. By the time he finally reached his house, he was out of breath like he had broke his record for running a marathon.

 

He fumbled around his pockets and finally found what he was looking for- his house key. L.Joe spent precious time unlocking the door for he kept getting the wrong key inserted inside the door knob. *Nope, this key belongs to Kiwoo, this one is Eunmi’s, this one is MiHye’s, eurgh! So many girl’s house keys!*

 

After several minutes or so, L.Joe finally found the right key and twisted the knob. *About time!* He thought as he looked up at his watch. “What?! No! I’m going to be late!” He yelled to an empty hallway. The sound was echoing off the walls.

 

L.Joe realised that there was nothing he could do about it so he rushed towards his room and chose out the best clothes he had. He dressed up quickly and ran towards his mirror, accidentally causing everything to fall onto the floor. L.Joe stopped and looked at the mess. He hesitated to go and immediately clean it up, since he was a very clean person, well, most of the time.

 

L.Joe glanced at his watch and widened his eyes. Quickly looking at the mess, he sighed loudly, “Next time I will clean you Bady! (L.Joe’s name for his house, he is very fond of it! Baby + Tidy combined to equal Bady.)

 

He sunk down onto his chair as he quickly pulled out his hair styling kit. L.Joe brushed his hair and stood right up again. “I need to get going or she’ll never put faith in me ever!” L.Joe yelled, frustrated.

 

Running towards the door and tripping on the furniture that has fallen onto the floor, L.Joe managed to arrive at the ice-cream store Eunji had promised earlier. He looked around to see many students from his school there, happily enjoying ice-cream. *They’re still in their school uniform… I should have done that to save time! Oh well, I look more handsome then they are right now, so that’s a big, fat plus!*

 

L.Joe finally spotted Eunji’s head. Without another glance, he strolled towards her as naturally as he could. L.Joe stood in front of the table and looked down towards it. He let out a curse in his head for he also saw that hot chick he saw earlier again. *This might spoil my plan!* He thought angrily.

 

Flashing Eunji with one of his most charming smile, he sat down next to her, careful not to meet eye contact with the really-hot-chick-that-was-secretly-checking-him-out-but-he-knew-it. L.Joe already realised that the beautiful girl was checking him out so he made eye contact with her. He smirked and she quickly looked away, pretending to be all of a sudden shy. *Oh puh-lease, don’t try the innocent act with me! Only Eunji is purely innocent…*

 

L.Joe rolled his eyes and softly gazed at Eunji. She was immersed in a book that she probably didn’t even realise he was here. Suddenly, he felt another vibe near him. L.Joe moved his pupils so they were glancing at the hot chick without actually moving his face. She was deadly. She was looking at a group of girls with the most intense glare he had ever witnessed from a girl.

 

He moved his eyes towards the group. It was Kiwoo. L.Joe, without a care in the world, rolled his eyes once again and looked towards Eunji once more.

 

“Hey, what flavour of ice-cream do you want unnie?” Eunji asked, without moving her eyes from her book. L.Joe peeked underneath the cover and realised it was the ice-cream menu.

 

“Umm, maybe… plain chocolate?” The so-call ‘unnie’ replied with a soft voice. He saw her glance from underneath her lashes at him. L.Joe politely looked away, not wanting her to embarrass herself. Eunji nodded and distanctly said, “Hmm, maybe Cookies ‘n’ Cream?... No, maybe plain vanilla? I don’t know!”

 

L.Jow waited patiently for his name to be called. Finally, it came. “L.Joe? What are you doing here?” Seriously, listening to that, he almost fainted. “What?! Seriously? Are you freaking serious? You asked me to come here so don’t come asking me what I’m doing here! Sheesh!” L.Joe raised his voice over the cowering Eunji.

 

“I-I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to offend you, I’m very sorry, sorry! I’m just forgetful and all, please, no need to raise your voice…” Eunji squeaked, scared.

 

After realising what he had just done, L.Joe lowered his voice and felt partially guilty. “I’m sorry. I didn’t need to raise my voice, when it occurred to me that you forgot I just yelled at you. I don’t know why I yelled…” He said soothingly. *That’s right? Why did I even yell at her? I never intended to…* He thought, annoyed of his action.

 

The ‘unnie’ cleared her throught in attempt to stop the awkward silence. “So, L.Joe, what do you want to have?” She asked while placing a hand on top of his. L.Joe flared his nostrils and stared at his hand covered by hers. *Urgh… So, she likes skinship. EWW! Not on my precious hands!* L.Joe pulled them away quickly so that she didn’t realise anything.

 

He smiled and replied, “A plain mint ice-cream.” The unnie nodded her head quickly and enthusiastically. Too enthusiastically. Eunji meekly smiled and told her unnie, “I decided on plain vanilla.”

 

L.Joe still felt guilty and a bit strange because he didn’t really want to talk to Eunji’s unnie but he wanted to talk to Eunji.

 

The unnie called the waiter over. They flirted for a bit, L.Joe rolled his eyes and darted his eyes to some where else. Which just happened to land on Eunji’s sad figure, hunched up. She was sadly gazing down at the floor.

 

L.Joe was about to hug and comfort her but suddenly, the ice-cream came. The trio ate in silence and the unnie attempted to make conversation with L.Joe, not even bothering to chat up her miserable friend.

 

After ten minutes, everyone finished their ice-creams. L.joe went to the counter and paid for all of them. Just as he was about to get the receipt, a tiny but audible voice could be heard, “It was my treat…” He spun around and faced Eunji.

 

Sighing, L.Joe bent down so that his head was at her level and smiled. “I’m really sorry about before, I just bursted. I promise I won’t ever do that again.” L.Joe whispered.

 

Suddenly, Eunji’s sad frown turned into a radiant smile. “Really? You mean it?”

 

Chuckling, he responded, “Yeah, I really do.”

 

Eunji pulled out her pinky finger and pushed it at him with a determined look. “Then prove it!”

 

L.Joe smiled and laced their pinkies together. Eunji was smiling to herself as L.Joe watched her. *She’s so pretty…* He thought.

 

_____________________________

 

 After L.Joe bided Eunji and her friend farewell, he started walking towards home. It was now night and he looked up into the sky. There was one star, a single and lonely star. Closing his eyes, he wished, *I hope Eunji falls for me…* Opening his eyes once again, he saw the star shine brighter then before.

 

Since it was quiet, he remembered all the times with Eunji. Suddenly one thought came to him,

 

Err, well, I know YOU PEEPED THROUGH -” She was quickly stopped by a lip brushing against hers.

 

His eyes widened. *Oh no! How did she find out I peeped her through her window? Quickly racing against the wind, he raced towards Eunji’s house to face what was going to happen next.

 

_____________________________

 

Hey everyone! Here’s another update ~
The thought that came to L.Joe about the peeping thing was a flashback from chapter 22 when L.Joe kissed Eunji ^^

 

Thanks for reading and subscribing! ILY ALL <33