I

School Days

AN: I tried to do this thing where I would write one chapter ahead before posting but no I ain't about that life so ye also chapters won't always be this long.

 

~

 

“Park Hyuna! Wake your up! I will not have a lazy senior for a child!” Hyuna groaned into her pillow, her mother’s voice ringing in her ears. She could hear the familiar heavy footsteps up the stairs and towards her room.

 

Jiyeon didn’t even bother knocking on the door, barging in on her daughter. “Get up and go to school.”

 

“But umma-”

 

“Don’t you ‘but umma’ me. You are eighteen years old, it’s time for you to start taking responsibility. Now get up and go to school, also your aunt called and said that your cousin needs a ride.” Jiyeon’s voice expressed her exasperation.

 

“Why are you in my apartment?” Hyuna spoke through her mass of hair.

 

“Because your appa and I know that you wouldn’t go to school today unless one of us forced you. I’m making you toast so hurry up.” With that, Jiyeon left for the kitchen.

 

The teen let out a deep sigh, pulling herself out of bed and going to her closet to change into her school uniform and then to her bathroom to make herself presentable. She grabbed her backpack and her softball gear and headed downstairs to the kitchen. A piece of toast was tossed at her face, she caught it between her teeth and thanked her mother with a nod before walking out the door and to her car.

 

Hyuna tossed her softball bag in the trunk and tossed her backpack in the backseat, eating her toast as quickly as possible. She drove off at a reasonable speed down the street to her cousin’s apartment who, surprisingly, was waiting for her outside.

 

Sungah followed a similar routine to Hyuna, minus the toast, and took her spot in the passenger’s seat. “Did your umma show up at your place too?”

 

“Unfortunately.” Hyuna answered, trying not to drive over the speed limit like her body wanted her to.

 

“Maybe you’ll have a class with your precious little Minha,” Sungah swooned mockingly, her head thrown back against the chair with her laughter.

 

“Maybe you’ll daydream about Kyungri ing your brains out in the locker room,” Hyuna smirked when the girl’s laughter ceased.

 

Silence enveloped the car as they drew closer to the school. They took their usual parking spot in the student parking, right between Areum and Ailee.

 

“Am I good?” Hyuna turned to face Sungah, both looking into each other’s light grey eyes.

 

“Yep, and me?” Sungah waited for Hyuna’s nod before putting on her sunglasses and exiting the car, Hyuna following suit. They grabbed their backpacks out of the back and flung them over their shoulders, walking towards their first class.

 

“Try not to spread the stupid unnie.” Sungah grinned at her cousin, heading towards her math class.

 

“Right back at you.” Hyuna winked at her before heading off to biology, a class she had to repeat in order to graduate.      

 

**

 

Kyungri awoke several minutes before her alarm clock went off. The day she dreaded had come to fruition. She would have rather been with her appa, home schooled, but now with the vanished woman, she had to go to a real school.

 

She took out her uniform from the closet, still neatly pressed in its plastic. The teen grimaced at the feel of the free flowing skirt, uncomfortable with the fabric so she threw on a pair of spanks underneath.

 

She checked her schedule one last time even though she had it memorized along with the map of the school, math with Ms. Oh. Kyungri left without breakfast, taking her car to school and parking in the furthest corner from the school.

 

**

 

Minha sat up straight, yawning and turning off her alarm clock, a bright smile on her face. She skipped out of bed and into her bathroom, starting her morning routine. When she finished, she twirled around to her closet, humming the tune of her favorite song. She put on her uniform, making sure her skirt was as close to her knees as it could be. She put a sweater over her button up shirt, fixing her tie in the mirror.

 

The girl skipped to her older sister’s room, opening the door without knocking. She frowned from the sight: Fei, flat on her stomach, with her alarm clock thrown across the room. “Unnie~ we have school, wake up~!”

 

“Five more minutes,” Fei mumbled, Minha’s frown turning into a pout.

 

“I don’t want to be late on the first day. Please wake up unnie~!” Minha started shaking her sister’s shoulder.

 

“Fine! I’m up, I’m up!” Fei flailed, trying to get Minha to stop, the younger smiled and ceased her actions.

 

Minha ran down the stairs to greet her mother who was in the kitchen, preparing their lunches. “Good morning umma.”

 

“Good morning baby.” Seohyun smiled at her daughter, handing her a banana. “Where’s your sister?”

 

“Still waking up.” The girl answered before taking a bite of the banana.

 

Seohyun rolled her eyes, “That girl is just like your appa.”

 

“And I’m just like you, right umma?” Minha’s eyes were little crescents as she grinned at the woman.

 

“Yes you are, baby.” Seohyun leaned across the counter to ruffle the girl’s hair.

 

“Alright, c’mon Minha, let’s go.” Fei came bounding down the stairs, taking the fruit handed to her by Seohyun.

 

“Bye umma!” Minha ran around the counter to kiss the woman on the cheek before following Fei to the door, slipping on her shoes and taking her backpack off of the hook.

 

Their car ride was filled with the sound of the radio, neither minded the silence between them. When Fei pulled into a parking spot, she turned off the car and turned to Minha.

 

“Alright, do you remember what I told you?” Fei’s concerned expression only made Minha roll her eyes.

 

Unnie, I’m not a baby anymore. I can talk to whoever I want to, even if you dislike them for no apparent reason.” Minha exited the car, taking her backpack with her.

 

“Minha just be careful!” Fei called after her quickly moving sister, cursing the girl’s long legs under her breath.

 

**

 

The bell for class had rung, all of the seats in the classroom were taken except for the one next to Minha. She was used to it, the only ones who would sit next to her were Hyemi and Seungri, and they were only in two of her six classes.

 

“My name is Choi Soyoung, I will be your biology teacher this year. I have a few rules, rule one-”

 

“Sorry I’m late!” Hyuna stumbled into the classroom, award winning smile on her lips as she rubbed the back of her head.

 

“-Don’t be late. Take a seat miss?” Ms. Choi glared at the girl, not missing the chatter of the classroom.

 

“Park Hyuna, sunsengnim.” Hyuna bowed and looked around the classroom, thankful that she was already smiling. If she hadn’t already been smiling, she would have done so at the prospect of sitting next to Minha.

 

“Park-ssi, I was just telling the class a few rules, first of which is don’t be late.” Minha gulped as the older girl took the seat next to her.

 

“Sorry, sunsengnim.” Hyuna continued apologizing, inhaling the sweet scent that wafted off of Minha.

 

“Wait, Park Hyuna?” The teacher’s brows knit together as she looked at her notes for the class, “It says here that you failed this class last year?”

 

Hyuna coughed awkwardly, nodding her head. “And it says here, Kim Minha, that you have some of the best test scores in the entire school?”

 

“Y-yes, sunsengnim.” Minha answered, eyes averting away from the girl next to her.

 

“Since Park-ssi doesn’t look like she’s learned much from the last time, I would like you, Kim-ssi, to tutor her.” Hyuna couldn’t have smiled any brighter, she would have to remember to send the teacher a care package. Minha’s breathing picked up as she nodded at the teacher, Hyuna’s smile growing wider. Her eyes narrowed slightly at the different voices she heard grumble out variations of ‘lucky ’.

 

“Hi Minha-ssi,” Hyuna turned her smile to said girl, too absorbed in the girl to care about her classmates.

 

“Rule two, Park-ssi, no talking unless we are in the lab.” Hyuna apologized again, slyly taking out a sheet of paper and a pen, writing down a note to Minha before sliding the paper beneath her forearm for the girl to read.

 

“Rule three, Park-ssi, no passing notes. Maybe you should be taking note of these rules?” Ms. Choi rolled her eyes at the girl.

 

“Rule four, no cell phones in class. I’m impressed Park-ssi, a rule you actually followed.” Hyuna felt the bitter taste on her tongue, knowing she and this teacher were not going to get along.

 

Minha knew that Fei would kill her for agreeing to tutor the older girl, but she didn’t care.

 

The door slammed open, a frantic Im Areum looking around the room, eyes landing on Hyuna. “It’s Sungah.”

 

Hyuna was out of her seat, smile wiped from her lips, she apologized again to the teacher before walking quickly out of the classroom.

 

“Where?” Hyuna lifted Areum onto her back when she cleared the hallway of any people.

 

“Nurse.” The vampire sped off in the direction of the office.

 

**

 

Sungah sat in the back of the classroom, Areum on her left while Gunji was to her right. A sweet scent assaulted her senses, but she couldn’t pinpoint it to anyone in the classroom.

 

The bell rang and the teacher closed the door before addressing the class. “Hello, my name is Oh Raina and I teach algebra and geometry here.”

 

“Hello, sunsengnim.” The class said in unison, a little monotonous.

 

“We have two students new to the city,” Raina looked towards the front row and two girls stood up.

 

Sungah’s focus was on the taller girl, the scent much stronger than it had been before. The girls turned to face the class, the vampire’s eyes widening in recognition.

 

“My name is Kwon Kyungri-” Kyungri’s speech was interrupted by a loud thud in the back of the classroom.

 

Sungah had lost consciousness and fell out of her chair, Areum was quick to respond. She directed Gunji to take Sungah to the nurse’s office while she went to retrieve the older Park.

 

Kyungri took the opportunity to sit back down, she reminded herself to thank the girl later for getting her out of talking about herself. Eunjung smiled it off, also reminding herself to thank Sungah later.

 

**

 

“Hakyeon get away from her!” Sungah growled at the boy who had taken Kyungri to the school dance.

 

“Sungah, it’s fine, just go home.” Kyungri’s eyes narrowed at her as the younger girl allowed the boy to embrace her.

 

“I’m not leaving you with him.” The older girl stepped closer towards him, hands balled into tight fists.

 

Kyungri stepped in front of him, shielding him from Sungah’s advances. “Leave Hakyeon and I alone. You have no right to come here and tell my boyfriend to get away from me. Last time I checked you wanted absolutely nothing to do with me.”

 

Sungah felt a pang in her chest followed by a sharp pain, she looked down and saw a dart sticking out of her. She looked up and saw Hakyeon with a tranquilizer gun, she saw Kyungri fall to the floor, unconscious, before letting her body give in to the darkness.

 

Sungah shot up, smacking her forehead against Hyuna’s. “ing damn it! Your head is harder than a ing brick!”

 

The younger cousin rubbed at her forehead, observing her surroundings before responding. “Sorry, just had a really weird dream.”

 

“About Kyungri?” Hyuna had seen the flash of red in the younger’s eyes as she slept, the older had been monitoring her eye movement to gauge whether or not she should have called their parents.

 

“Yeah, but it wasn’t a normal one.” Sungah swung her legs over the side of the bed, “What time is it?”

 

“Lunch. Any reason for it to not be a normal wet dream about your dream girlfriend?” Hyuna smiled, trying to lighten the mood.

 

“She’s in my math class. She stood up and introduced herself and then I out.” Sungah stood up perfectly fine, leading the way out of the nurse’s office and towards the lunch room.

 

“, it must be our lucky day because the new bio teacher made Minha my tutor.” Hyuna opened the door to the lunch room, they were twenty minutes late so everyone had already gotten their food and their table. Areum ushered them over to her and Ailee, Gunji must have been off sulking somewhere.  

 

Hyuna and Sungah took a seat across from the couple, trying to pinpoint where the object of their desires were seated. They could see the various cliques, Qri and TOP sitting between the popular girls: Sera, Bora, Eunji and Solji. Sam, Erin and Mariko, the true power of the school, sat at their own table. Hyuna’s eyes slightly narrowed upon seeing Fei with Jiyong, Taeyang, Daesung and Seungri. Off in a corner JoKwon seemed to have a new protégé, a girl that looked like a freshman. The two cousins’ eyes landed at the same table, Kyungri was sitting next to Minha, Hyorin and Hyemi sitting across from them. Sungah turned to her cousin, “That’s her, next to Minha.”

 

Sungah didn’t receive a response, she looked to her left to find an empty space. Out of the corner of her eye she could see her cousin approach the table that the four were seated at. “Please don’t embarrass me.” She muttered under her breath, knowing the older girl would hear her, she received a wink in response.

 

“So, Kyungri unnie, how are you liking it here?” Minha smiled at the girl, oblivious to Hyuna approaching them.

 

“It’s okay, I just wish that girl was there to pass out in all of my classes so I don’t have to introduce myself over and over again.” Kyungri forced an awkward smile as the three girls giggled at her response.

 

A hand on her shoulder shot electricity through Minha’s body, she knew who it was without even looking. “Minha-ssi?”

 

“P-please call me Minha, Hyuna-nim.” Minha internally pouted, upset with herself for stuttering.

 

“Alright, Minha,” Hyuna let the syllables roll off of her tongue, “Call me unnie.”

 

“O-okay, Hyuna unnie.” Minha swallowed back her nervousness, Hyuna’s hand hadn’t left her shoulder. “I-is there something you need?”

 

“Yes, Park, is there something you need?” Hyuna rolled her eyes, lulling her head to the side to look down at Fei, hand sliding off the girl’s shoulder before she clenched her fist at her side.

 

“I was just going to ask Minha when she’s available for tutoring.” A hand was on her mid-back, calming her. Sungah had felt her tension from across the room.

 

“Did you ask umma and appa?” Fei faced Minha, ignoring Hyuna’s presence.

 

Minha nodded, “I called umma at break, she said it’s okay as long as I’m home before dinner.”

 

“Is everything all good here?” Hyuna cursed under her breath, the last thing she needed was Fei and Jiyong double teaming her.

 

“I was just leaving.” Hyuna grit through her teeth, body rigid as she turned to leave, hand reaching in her pocket for a pasty red tablet.

 

Sungah had been so preoccupied that she didn’t notice Kyungri approach her from the side. “Thanks for getting me out of that boring speech first period.”

 

Sungah jolted upright, electricity shooting through her. The dream Kyungri even sounded like the real one, though there was less ing. “N-no problem. Happy to help. You’re new right? Where are you from? I’m Park Sungah.”

 

Kyungri leaned back, Sungah’s rapid fire responses taking her aback. The younger girl recognized the name, forgetting where she had heard it before. “I’m new to the city.”

 

“I-I could show you around some time?” Sungah’s body was on fire, she didn’t have the suave that her older cousin did.

 

The younger girl looked back to the three girls sitting down, they were all staring at her, nodding their heads eagerly. She looked back at the reddening Sungah, “Sure.”

 

A loud thump was heard, Sungah had passed out again. Kyungri knelt down, checking the girl’s pulse, surprised to find it faster than she had ever seen. She opened the girl’s eyelids, her pupils heavily dilated. Areum knelt down on her other side, Ailee right behind her. She saw the blue tinting Sungah’s irises, taking out one of the red tablets and placing it in , watching the blue fade back to grey.

 

As the tablet dissolved in , Sungah slowly regained consciousness, Kyungri’s naturally narrowed eyes looking down at her.

 

“Unnie, you gotta stop passing out like that.” Areum sighed, thankful she didn’t have to call her umma away from work to deal with crazy teenage vampires.

 

The bell rung, signifying the end of the lunch period, only one class left before practice. Areum helped the girl up before leaving to walk her girlfriend to class. Sungah rubbed at her face, a rush of energy and confidence inside of her from the tablet. She turned to Kyungri who had stayed with her. “So, does Friday after school sound good to you?”

 

“Yeah, I guess I’ll see you then.” Hyemi and Minha had joined their arms with both of hers, dragging her away while Hyorin stayed behind, surrounded by boys and girls asking her out.

 

Across the room, Bora rolled her eyes, ignoring the girl’s silent pleas for her help. Just because they were family didn’t mean she had to like her; that was Bora’s mindset. She rolled her eyes again as she saw her brother and his newest protégé disperse the crowd.

 

“Hey, Qri? What’s wrong?” Seunghyun had finally commented on his girlfriend’s expression, she looked like she had seen a ghost. She had seen Eunjung, wearing a school uniform, smirking at her.

 

She snapped out of her daze, leaning into her boyfriend more than usual. “Nothing, let’s just go to class.”

 

The pair left, leaving Bora, Sera, Eunji and Solji. Bora stood up, leaving after seeing her brother escorting her cousin to class. Sera turned to the remaining two, “What’s up with Qri? She was staring at that new girl like she was the plague.”

 

“Who knows, who cares?” Eunji sighed, standing up and leaving for class, eyes glued to her phone.

 

“Sera unnie, I still think you should audition for glee club this year. Hyemi’s in it.” Solji added the last part for emphasis.

 

“I told you that’s a secret. And I’ll think about it, alright?” The two stood up in unison, walking off towards their classes together.

 

“We could use a powerhouse like you, probably get some duets with her. I’ve seen you in the crowd, imagine being next to her, voices harmonizing.” Solji pestered further, nudging her with her elbow.

 

“Fine, I’ll sign up just leave me alone alright? I get enough pestering at home.” Sera nudged the shorter girl back, taking a turn into her classroom.

 

“Bye unnie!” Solji shouted after her before hustling off to her own class.

 

**

 

“Alright, listen up!” The girls of the softball team gathered around their new coach, “My name is Park Bekah and we’re winning nationals this year, got it?”

 

“Yes Coach!” The girls shouted back, some of them knew who the girl was from their parents’ reunion dinners.

 

“Alright, eight laps and you can go home.” Bekah shouted at them, going to sit down at the bleachers next to an oblivious Minha.

 

“Are you my manager?” The coach asked the girl who was absorbed in her homework.

 

Minha had heard someone speak, assuming it was to someone else. A hand waving in her face brought her out of her trance. “I’m sorry, what Bekah unnie?”

 

“I asked if you’re my manager.” Bekah reiterated, finding herself unable to get upset with the adorable girl.

 

“Oh, no, sorry.” Minha smiled at her, looking out to the field to see Hyuna smiling at her and sending a wave in her direction. The girl shyly waved back, a light blush forming on her cheeks.

 

“Then what are you doing out here? You could get a sunburn or heat .” The girl fanned at Minha’s red face, thinking she was too hot. She was, but not because of the temperature.

 

“I have to give Hyuna unnie something.” Minha motioned to her binder containing a few sheets of paper from their biology teacher.

 

“I can give them to her, you should stay cool indoors.” Bekah produced her hand, ready to take the papers from the girl.

 

Minha shook her head, smiling. “Thanks unnie, but I have to ask her a few things too. I’m supposed to tutor her for biology and we have to set up a schedule.”

 

“How about I call her over here real quick and you two can talk so you can get inside.” Minha didn’t have a say before the older girl stood up shouting for Hyuna to come over.

 

“Yes unn-coach?” Hyuna’s skin glistened with sweat, Minha’s body temperature rose even more as she watched the beads of sweat trickle down her skin.

 

“Minha needs to speak with you, be quick, she looks like she’s getting heat .” Bekah left the two alone to discuss what they needed to.

 

Hyuna positioned herself so that she was shielding Minha from the sun. “What do you need?”

 

Minha swallowed the lump in , looking up at the smiling girl. “Um Choi s-sunsengnim t-told me to give you this.” Minha shakily produced the sheets of paper, handing them to the older girl.

 

“Are you alright? You’re shaking, you’re hot and your pupils are heavily dilated. I’m taking you to the nurse okay?” Hyuna put Minha’s papers away into her backpack, slinging it over her shoulders.

 

“W-what? No! I’m okay!” Minha protested but allowed Hyuna to sling her arm over her shoulder, her other arm hooked under her knees. She lifted her with ease, carrying her away from the track and to the main building of the school that held the nurse’s office. Her coach hadn’t even given her a second glance.

 

From the field, Sungah rolled her eyes and continued running, slowing down to allow Fei to catch up with her. They’d both be going to the same place after finishing.

 

“Sungah-ssi?” Fei had caught up, panting from the pace the two cousins had set, thankful that Sungah slowed down.

 

“Fei-ssi.” Sungah answered, not at all winded.

 

“What does Hyuna want with my sister?” Fei managed, Sungah rolled her eyes once again.

 

“What’s your problem with my cousin?” Sungah shot back, not really wanting to have that conversation.

 

“Just answer the question Sungah.” Sungah groaned, waiting to finish running so she wouldn’t have to deal with the older girl anymore. Sungah ignored her, running in silence, counting the amount of steps until she was done.

 

When the two were finished, they left for the nurse’s office, not even bothering with changing. Inside, they found Hyuna sitting in a chair next to Minha who held an ice pack to her face to cool her off. “Fei unnie! Friday I won’t need a ride home, I’m going to Hyuna unnie’s house to tutor her.”

 

Fei forced a smile, “Sounds good. You ready to go home now?”

 

Minha nodded, standing up from the bed. She bent over to give Hyuna a light peck on her cheek before skipping off to her sister, linking arms with her. Sungah smirked at her cousin whose face was bright red, heart rate erratic.

 

“And they say you’re the suave one. Let’s get out of here.” Sungah left, knowing Hyuna would be right behind her. She’d rather not have another run in with the nurse, she was a crotchety old lady that no one wanted to deal with.

 

**

 

As soon as Sungah stepped into her apartment, she was assaulted by her mother. Park Sunghee had left work early so she could see her daughter when she got home.

 

“How was your day? Anything exciting happen? Any fun classes?” Sungah raised her hands up, a sign to tell her mother to slow down.  

 

“Well, I passed out a couple of times because Kyungri is in my math class.” Sungah set her things down, slipping out of her shoes and slipping past her mother to the couch, waiting for the woman to sit down next to her.

 

“Kyungri as in the Kyungri?” Sunghee showed enough enthusiasm for the both of them, Sungah nodded. “So what happened?”

 

“We have a date on Friday.” Sungah smiled at that, planning out what they would do and where they would go.

 

“You should bring her over for dinner, I’m sure your appa would love to meet her.” Sunghee gushed, she had always been jealous of Hyomin and Jiyeon for having their daughter know her mate since she was young.

 

“Sure, can you go now umma? I want to sleep.” Sungah fell against the pillow.

 

“Sure baby, do your homework.” The woman ruffled her hair and kissed her temple before taking off towards her own home.

 

Sungah let out a sigh, thankful that the eventful day was over after what seemed like forever.