Day Four

Endless Adventures
"So, what are we doing today?" Yoseob wondered, walking into the living room. "It's cold out...there's not much to do. But I did plan a little." Jieun replied. "I already made breakfast..see?" Jieun said, pointing to the counter, that had two glasses of milk and two toasts with Nutella on them. Yoseob laughed and his dimples showed. Jieun beamed. "Okay, let's eat!" he exclaimed, walking over to the counter. He took a few bites of the toast, and leaned his elbows on the counter. Jieun skipped over and followed suit, munching on the toast happily. "You really like Nutella don't you? You know what, I think I'll let you keep the Nutella." Yoseob told Jieun, as he watched her eat. She looked up at him. "Wh-what? I can't do that..it's too much." "Don't worry, I have a lot of Nutella!" Yoseob replied, as he smiled assuringly. Jieun's eyes lit up. "Really? You'll let me take it?" Yoseob nodded. Jieun grinned. "Ah, thank you Oppa!" She bowed her head in thanks, and Yoseob smiled. He gulped his milk and watched her eat, her happiness evident and her eyes shining. 
 
"Ice skating?" Yoseob raised an eyebrow. They stood in the middle of the huge mall, near the ice rink. Jieun nodded. "All the kids are in school so we pretty much have the rink to ourselves!" Jieun exclaimed. "I..don't know how to ice skate.." Yoseob admitted, his face becoming hot despite the coldness radiating off of the rink. Jieun grinned. "It's okay, I'll help you! It's been a while since I've ice skated too! We can both learn together!" Jieun exclaimed. Yoseob pouted. "Come on oppa!" she urged, using a cute voice and grabbing his arm. He sighed. "Just this once. Don't use that cutesy stuff on me!" Yoseob implied. Jieun giggled, and the duo went to go rent skates. They fastened their ice skates on and stood at the edge of the ice rink. Jieun skated out confidently, and stopped near the middle. "Come on oppa!" Jieun exclaimed, turning around and motioning for him to come to her. He slowly shuffled towards her. "Am I doing this right?" he screamed. "Yes!" she replied. He continued to shuffle towards her. "Yah, lengthen your strides! You look silly!" Jieun exclaimed. He laughed, and looked up at her. He did as she said, moving faster lengthening his strides. "How do I stop!" he screamed, as he came closer to Jieun. She laughed. "I got you! Just come to me!" She held her hands out to him, like how a mother would to her child. Yoseob steered himself towards her and she grabbed his arms to stop him. "See? It's not that bad. Now let me teach you the basics."
Numerous falls, a sore , and many laps around the ice rink later, Yoseob and Jieun were enjoying themselves, laughing and joking. "You're getting good Yoseob-oppa, I'm impressed!" Jieun exclaimed, patting him on the back. He laughed. "I'm surprised you can do this, when I first met you, your leg was in pain! You are a strong girl, Jieun!" Yoseob exclaimed. Jieun beamed, and they continued to skate.
 
Yoseob and Jieun walked around the mall, still out of breath and chilly from ice skating. "Can we get ice cream?" Jieun asked, grinning at Yoseob. "Hmm..let me think about that." Yoseob said, pouting and tappinng his chin with his finger. Jieun pouted, and she continued to walk alongside him. They walked like that in silence for a while. They walked at least a feet apart, their bodies never making contact. "Hm...if you take off your sunglasses." Yoseob said, as he turned to her and stuck his tongue out. Jieun scoffed. "Seriously?" Yoseob was caught off guard, and he looked at her. Then he nodded, reluctlantly. "No, it's okay then. We don't need to get ice cream." Jieun replied, sighing. The two walked a little farther. "Ah, I'm sorry Jieun-ah. Of course we're getting ice cream. I was just joking." Yoseob suddenly told her. She looked at him, and he smiled sheepishly. "Sorry if I offended you..or something, I'll pay for ice cream to make up for it." "You paid for everything." Jieun pointed out, suddenly smiling, as she nudged his shoulder. He laughed, and they walked into the Baskin Robbins. "I definitely owe you a lot. I'll make it up to you." Jieun implied, as they looked at the menu. "No, there's no need to. It's okay." Yoseob replied. Jieun pursed her lips together, and looked at the menu.
After buying their ice cream, Yoseob and Jieun sat down at a bench. They happily their ice cream, watching the few passerby in silence. Yoseob turned towards Jieun. "Where are you going again? After you leave me, I mean." Jieun pursed her lips together and sighed. "I'm going back to my parents. Remember? We talked about this, oppa." Jieun replied, before taking a long of her ice cream. "Ah, I remember now. Are you ready? Will you be in a lot of trouble?" Yoseob asked, the concern evident on his face. His brows were furrowed and he looked sad. "I will be...but I am ready for the consequences. I can't run away forever..you know?" Yoseob nodded, understandingly. "Yah, should we go do something else now?" Jieun suddenly asked, smiling.
"Why are we back here?" Yoseob wondered, standing in his living room. He turned towards Jieun. "Just because. I want to spend my last day at your house." Jieun replied. "Maybe we could get take-out...unless you want to cook.." Jieun mumbled. "I'll cook you the finest meal, Jieun-ah!" Yoseob suddenly shouted, jumping up. "Really?" Jieun asked, perking up. Yoseob nodded. The room became silent, and then Yoseob walked to the exit. You wait here for me, I'm going to buy some groceries! I'll be back!" he exclaimed, before leaving. Jieun pouted. "Why couldn't I go with you?" Jieun murmured, as she crossed her arms. She sighed, and sat down on the couch Yoseob slept on. She yawned, and felt her eyelids drooping. "Ah, it's only 6 Jieun-ah! Stay awake and wait for Yoseob!" she scolded herself. She sat up straight, but soon her body betrayed her and she was fast asleep.
Yoseob's hands were full of the groceries he had bought. He fast-walked on the dark street, eager to get cooking. "Jieun-ah will love this! This is going to be a great last meal!" Yoseob said to himself, smiling. Last meal. She's leaving tomorrow. Yoseob thought. Suddenly, his bright mood dimmed, and sadness fell over him. Why do I suddenly feel so sad? It's only been a few days.. He sat down at a bench and took a deep breath, watching the small little puff of air that escaped from his mouth as he exhaled. He thought of the past few days, how he enjoyed Jieun's presence and felt so comfortable around her. Like she was family. Yoseob didn't realize tears were rolling down his cheeks, as he sat in the cold for a few minutes longer. 
 
"Jieun-ah! Wake up!" Jieun slowly opened her eyes. "Oh..omo! Yoseob! I fell asleep! What time is it! What-" Yoseob laid a hand on her shoulder and he laughed. "It's okay! It's only 8..don't worry! But I do have a surprise for you in the kitchen if you're wondering.." Yoseob said, as he motioned for her to get up. She slowly stood up, wiping , and then followed Yoseob to the kitchen. "Ta-da!" he exclaimed, pointing to the counter. There were two plates on the counter. "Um..what's this?" Jieun wondered, as she walked to it. She took a seat at the counter, and Yoseob handed her a glass of ice cold water. "It's Mushroom Risotto, one of the first dishes I perfected in Italy!" Yoseob explained, smiling proudly. He took a seat across from Jieun. She reluctantly picked up her fork and he watched her. She pouted. "Do I really have to?" Jieun asked, examining the spoonful of Risotto. "Please..for me? While it's fresh?" Yoseob begged. Jieun sighed. "Ah fine, okay!" She closed her eyes and shoved it into ...and an amazing taste filled . She widened her eyes. "This is good!" she exclaimed, jumping up. "Wow you are good!" Yoseob beamed, as she ate more. "Eat up, Jieun-ah!"
Yoseob stepped out of the bathroom, and heard that the television was on. He walked to the living room, and saw Jieun snuggled up on the couch, watching a foreign movie. "What are you doing?" he wondered. "Watching television...this movie is good! I don't understand what they are saying Oppa, but they are in love and that's all that matters!" Jieun implied, grinning. Yoseob chuckled, and he took a seat on the couch next to her. "I guess so, Jieun-ah. Are you ready to leave?Do you have all your stuff packed up?" Yoseob asked. Jieun bit her lip. "Yeah..but what is there to pack? I didn't bring anything Oppa..I didn't give anything to you." Jieun replied, turning to look at him. "Bring home all those clothes! I have no need for them. And you gave my company...that's all I needed since I came to Korea." Yoseob told Jieun, as he played with his fingers. "I will Oppa...I did-" "Jieun, will I ever see you again?" Yoseob wondered suddenly, finally looking up and meeting her gaze. They locked eyes and Jieun finally saw the vulnerability in Yoseob's eyes, something she hadn't seen for the past few days. "I...don't know. Truthfully." Jieun replied, and she watched as Yoseob's eyes fell from hers, and he quickly focused his eyes on something behind her. "Oh. Okay." Jieun turned up the volume on the television. "Oppa, why would he do that? He just left her, I thought they were in love!" Jieun exclaimed, as she pointed at the television, changing the subject.
Yoseob carried Jieun to his bed, and he carefully set her down. He tucked her in, and she didn't budge because she was sound asleep, and he noticed her phone sitting on the tabletop, untouched. Suddenly, an idea struck him. He grabbed it, and turned it on. "82 missed calls and 127 text messages. She must really be worried about. It's only right that she returns home." Yoseob mumbled. He closed the notification and went straight to "add a contact". He punched in his number, and snapped a photo of himself, and typed in "Yoseob oppa #1". He laughed at his name, and put her phone back. He turned to her, and looked at her intently. She looked like an angel, with her eyes closed and her chest rising and falling slowly. Without thinking, he had reached out and her cheek lightly. "Ah, what am I doing. Go to bed, Yoseob."