Healing

please, let me in

Daehyun was the first one to wake up, his chest heaving up and down at a fast pace after the dream he had, he sighed Youngjae was still with him, he was the one on his chest. He felt dizzy, he hadn't left Youngjae in days, not that he cared.

Daehyun looked over Youngjae's sleeping features, the light seemed to hit the younger just in all the right places, he was still however not his Youngjae. His Youngjae had a smile on his face, his cheeks chubby, his smile reaching his eyes, his stupid smart attitude. Damn. He missed Youngjae.

It wasn't his fault, no. Daehyun didn't blame Youngjae one bit, his family died, of course he would fall into grief, but Daehyun never thought it would have been this bad. Youngjae shivered on Daehyun's chest.

This was good, right? Youngjae was cold, he was loosing his high temperature. Daehyun didn't know, he had never had to look after someone who had taken drugs before and because it was Youngjae, it scared him.

"D-Daehyunnie, why are you staring at me?" Youngjae's voice came out as a whisper but it sounded so much better than what it sounded like when he first arrived. The older smiled as he sat up, pulling Youngjae with him

"Think you can manage something to eat now?" Daehyun asked as he stared into Youngjae's eyes, all the younger could see was love and care. Daehyun was truly an amazing person and Youngjae mentally noted to tell him later

"Yeah, I'm kinda hungry" Youngjae smiled even wider once he noticed the glimpse of hope in Daehyun's eyes, they sparkled as he leaped from the bed, dragging Youngjae with him "Stop running I'm going to fall!" but Youngjae never took the smile off his face

Daehyun practically danced around the kitchen, cooking everything and anything he could find, it was a pretty funny sight actually -Youngjae thought- Daehyun would definitely make someone really happy one day.

Youngjae's face scrunched up as he thought of Daehyun marrying some woman, having children and not being his best friend anymore, it kind of made him sad. Youngjae looked at the older once more, he smiled for now he was happy to have Daehyun around him.

His thoughts went back to the time he had brought Daehyun over his house for the first time, the other's mouth was a gape. His parents instantly fell in love with Daehyun, especially his mother, she would just feed him continuasly.

Daehyun on the other hand really didn't mind, he would eat everything given to him and then more. His love for cheesecake soon became known to his mother and she had made him his own for his birthday. He wouldn't stop hugging her for two hours.

"Earth to JaeJae!" Daehyun smiled as he placed plates upon plates in front of the younger. The breakfast reached from eggs to toast to muffins to cereal to pancakes "I didn't really know what you wanted, so I made everything.." Daehyun said shyly, scratching the back of his head

"You better help me eat this" Youngjae pouted and Daehyun smiled, his eyes soon turning into crescents. The older sat next to his best friend and picked up some pancake with his fork and raised it up to Youngjae saying 'ahh' Youngjae laughed but did as the other said

"I'm glad to see you eating" Daehyun beamed with happiness, it practically bounced off him and onto Youngjae. "But I need to go shopping and maybe if you're up to it, you come too?" Daehyun pouted at his friend

Youngjae hesitated, did he really want to face the harsh reality of the real world? Was he even ready for that? But there was always something about Daehyun that he couldn't say no to. Like the time he went on a boat, or sky diving or even singing in some studio.

And that's why Youngjae soon found himself in some store, Daehyun right next to him, squeezing his hand in a comforting manner. Youngjae was thankful to the other, just being next to him seemed to calm his breathing down.

"I'm pretty sure we ran out of cheesecake too, Daehyunnie" Youngjae smiled as they walked past the cakes and sweets, Daehyun turned to look at the younger, how would he know? He hadn't left his room since he'd been there, there was no way he knew "I know you've eaten the one that was there"

"Damn it" Daehyun mumbled, as he back hugged his best friend, his hands covering Youngjae's on the trolley, Daehyun could have sworn the younger would have felt his heart beating in his chest, but he choose to say nothing.

The rest fo the shop was pleasant, they stayed in the back hugging position and Daehyun would throw things into the trolley. Daehyun's heart however felt like it was going to explode, Youngjae's hair smelt like his shampoo, his cherry body wash finding it's way to Daehyun's nose.

Yes, he was still so painfully in love with Youngjae. He sighed and tried his best to stop his heart and head from beating but he just couldn't. Youngjae was getting better and it made Daehyun's heart leap into his throat. It was all worth it, the kicking, screaming and the painful words thrown at him, it was all worth it.

"Daehyun are you okay?" Youngjae asked as he looked up at the other, craning his neck to look at him as he was still standing behind him. Daehyun smiled softly and nodded. He was better than okay, he was over the moon happy "I'll take these out to the car and you pay"

"Okay, I won't be long, don't get in trouble" Daehyun mumbled as he watched Youngjae leave to go to the car on his own. Daehyun was still watching until he was out of sight, turning back to pay the check out clerk.

Youngjae would have been lying if he said this was easy, being on his own outside made him tremble, his knees seemed weak and the slightest breeze would have made him fall. That's when he decided that he indeed needed the older around at all times, but perhaps that was selfish of him.

"Yoo Youngjae?" The said boy turned at his name, the voice unfamiliar. The face even more unfamiliar. Youngjae narrowed his eyes as he looked at the other male, he was tall, dressed in black and some bandana cover half his face, his eyes were piercing though, they screamed danger.

Before Youngjae could even gulp, there was a loud slap. Youngjae stood there blanked faced for a few moments until the pain that just been inflicted in his stomach came to his senses. The other male kicked, punched and left Youngjae a bloody mess.

"Say hello to your parents for me, Yoo Youngjae" The male laughed as he pointed a gun towards Youngjae who was on the floor, staring up, his hands clutching his stomach as blood and saliva dribbled out the side of his mouth

"What the to you think you're doing!" Daehyun's voice boomed through the car park, the male who had the gun was too late, Daehyun had left a loud painful punch onto his face, the gun falling somewhere on the floor.

Daehyun stared at the man, his eyes clouded with anger, his hands in tight balls next to his sides as he waited, wanted the man to lunge at him so he could just kill him and call it self defense.

"You'll pay for that one" The man laughed before running off, Daehyun wanted to run after him but right not Youngjae was more important. Daehyun practically fell to the floor, holding Youngjae as the pain seeped through his hand, probably sprained.

"Youngjae, are you okay?" Daehyun's voice sounded soft, so much more different than what it had sounded like. Daehyun's eyes were now clouded with worry. Youngjae sighed, he made the older worry once again, he nodded, standing to his feet.

"Let's go home, Daehyunnie" Youngjae whimpered as Daehyun traced his thumb over Youngjae's lips, the left side was split open, it pained Daehyun once again. Why was this all happening to Youngjae? What did he do to deserve this?

The car ride to Youngjae's house was quiet, Daehyun's hands tightened around the steering wheel until they came to Youngjae's front door. Turning the engine off, Daehyun let out a frustrated cry and punched the steering wheel with his already messed up hand.

"D-Daehyun, your hand.." Youngjae whispered as he reached over and pulled the others hand into his lap, running his fingers over the large bump that was obviously not suppose to be there, blood covered it, some from the knuckles splitting some form the mans face

Daehyun let his head fall forward, placing it onto the steering wheel, he shook his head side to side and it scared Youngjae, to see his best friend this angry, it was scary and worrisome. Daehyun moved his head so he could look at Youngjae, his head still on the steering wheel but his eyes on Youngjae.

He really was breath taking, even with blood smeared over his face, he was beautiful and it hurt Daehyun to think that there are people out there that actually want to hurt Youngjae. Youngjae smiled at the older and Daehyun felt his heart leap into his mouth. Youngjae would defidentley be the death of him.

"What are you staring at, Youngjae" Daehyun whined as he sat in the kitchen, Youngjae inspecting his hand, he had cleaned it with disinfectant and he thought Daehyun was about to throw a chair at him the way he hissed when cotton touched his skin "It looks ugly"

"No Daehyun, it's perfect, like you.." Youngjae blushed a deep crimson red, Daehyun blushed with him, only a light pink scattered over his cheeks though, he felt his face heat up and he hissed when Youngjae moved his hand suddenly "Thank you, Daehyunnie"

"What for? Ugh.." Daehyun gave a pained moan as Youngjae bent his hand slowly, listening to a small cracking sound, Daehyun let out a shaky breath he didn't know he was holding in but surprisingly it made his hand feel slightly better, but it ached like a .

"For saving me.. again" Youngjae mumbled his blush reaching his ears, before turning on his heel, saying 'you need bandages' and with that Youngjae had left from Daehyun's sight again. An uneasy feeling bubbled inside him as he thought back at car park.

Daehyun sighed, it had been a while since Youngjae had left and he was starting to feel lonely and not to mention worried. A little too much for his liking. He stood up and cradled his hand with his other and walked the way Youngjae had "JaeJae?"

Daehyun called as he pushed open his bedroom door slightly, he found Youngjae, sitting on the floor, the first aid kit next to him, opened and the bandage hanging over the side, it looked like Youngjae was crying, the way his shoulders were moving up and down.

"Youngjae, are you okay?" Daehyun asked as he walked further in, he looked around the room and noticed his coat was also next to Youngjae, giving a puzzled look he walked towards the younger more. His eyes wide as he noticed what Youngjae was holding "I-I can explain that.." Daehyun mumbled, his turn to turn crimson red

"Y-You wrote me a letter?.." Youngjae mumbled, as he looked up at Daehyun, the tears still leaking from his eyes and Daehyun couldn't tell if they were sad tears, happy tears or angry tears but he didn't really want to know, not while Youngjae was still holding that stupid letter he wrote months ago "Y-You, love me?"