Ready or not.

please, let me in
Youngjae was sat on his own in the library studying for another test that was being done later the same day, his short newly dyed black bangs hung loosely by his forehead, the words never seemed to stop pouring from the book.
 
"Youngjae, why are you studying again?" Youngjae smiled as he heard his best friends voice, his voice was angelic when he spoke but when he sang it was like heaven itself had brought angels down and his high notes would drive the sanest person insane.
 
"We have a test Daehyun, you should study too" Youngjae replied not looking at the other but he knew he had sat next to him, watching him closely.
 
"You study too much, there's a party tomorrow and I reaaaaally want you to come with me, please Jaejae?" Daehyun begged as he placed his head on the youngers shoulder, he knew Youngjae liked skin ship with him, he did know him since he was three after all.
 
"Only if you get at least a C in this test today" Youngjae retorted, looking at his friends features up close, Daehyun smiled his eyes turning into crescents as he did, Youngjae wore the same smile.
"Gimme that book then Jae and I will make you proud!" Daehyun added as he sat on Youngjae's lap and took the book away from the smaller male.
 
They sat there for an hour and a half before Daehyun became hungry and retorted to 'you can't eat on an empty stomach'  and they had taken lunch on the grass outside of their university building.
 
"Do you think I'll pass?" Daehyun asked as he looked up at the sky, his head on Youngjae's lap, Daehyun didn't have the best grades, he shouldn't have got into university but Youngjae didn't want to be alone, not since Daehyun was the one who said for him to try a singing career so he paid for Daehyun to join him.
 
"I think you'll be just fine Dae" Youngjae smiled as he too looked up at the sky, leaning back on his hands as the summer breeze hit his face, the warm weather was nice, not as nice as winter weather though. Youngjae thought so anyway.
 
"Come on Dae, we'll be late" Youngjae said after a while of comfortable silence, softly from getting up Daehyun patted himself off once he was on his feet, Youngjae lifted his arms waiting for Daehyun to help him up which the elder did and laughed at his friend once they were stood up.
 
"I really don't want to fail Jae, I want to pass at least one test" Daehyun pouted as they sat down next to each other, Daehyun's legs started to shake from nervousness, Youngjae patted his thigh and smiled.
"You'll be fine Dae, after today we have three and a half months off" Youngjae smiled and looked at the paper in front of him, he hoped Daehyun would pass.
 
Three hours later and the two boys were waiting outside a large hall for their results, Daehyun still shaking and Youngjae held his jacket by the arm so he could show Daehyun he was therefor him.
"What if I've failed and they kick me out and I never get a good job and pay your parents back?!" Daehyun mumbled
 
"Dae, we don't want you to pay us back we want you to be happy and have what you deserve" Youngjae smiled and pulled his friend into the hall, the doors old and wooden opened slowly showing a woman at the very end sitting at a desk, her glasses at the end of her nose.
 
"Names" She asked in an almost machine like as if she'd done this a 1000 times in the last hour.
"Jung Daehyun and Yoo Youngjae" Daehyun replied, she nodded and looked in a large red file and brought out two brown envelopes and handed it the two boys.
 
"Ready?" Youngjae asked once they were outside, Daehyun sighed and nodded mumbling something along the lines 'ready or not'.
They both opened them at the same time, Youngjae smiled as he saw the A* sitting nicely on his paper, he looked over at Daehyun who's face didn't give anything away.
 
"I-I passed!!!" Daehyun shouted and brought Youngjae into a bone crushing hug, his arms wrapped around the youngers waist and picking him up and spinning him until they both felt dizzy.
"I'm so proud of you Dae" Youngjae smiled as he hugged the elder back, his arms wrapped around his neck.
 
~~*~~
 
Once Youngjae got home the house was empty, like usual on the weekdays, his parents did work for their own companies, his mother; a fashion designer and his father; a world famous lawyer. It was safe to say they were rich.
 
"Good afternoon Master Yoo" A butler said as he opened the door for Youngjae to walk into his room.
"Call me Youngjae, Kevin" Youngjae smiled as he flopped on his bed, hearing his door close after the butler agreed, he couldn't stay there for long though, he had to get ready for a party, but what was he going to wear?
 
"What about this?" Youngjae asked as he turned around and showed his new outfit to Himchan over the laptop's webcam, Himchan scrunched his nose for the nth time that day. Youngjae sighed, until he finally had an idea, he dug out his old black skinny jeans with a rip in the knee, a black tank top, a yellow hoodie and yellow and white high tops.
 
"That's perfect!" Himchan squealed as Youngjae was finally ready, Himchan waved Youngjae off after another hour of talking before leaving to pick Yongguk up. 
Youngjae looked at the clock, his parents were usually home by now, it was half nine after all, where were they? 
 
Before it was 9;50 Youngjae's front door bell rang and he opened the door casually, thinking it was his parents forgetting their key or just wanting him to open the door.
"Is this the Yoo household?" A voice asked, Youngjae turned around and stared at a police officer who stood in his door way, he nodded, was he in trouble?
 
"I have to tell you something." The officer replied as Youngjae let him in.
 
~~*~~
 
Daehyun sat on his bed nervous for what felt like the 100th time that day, tonight he was going to confess to Youngjae, he was going to tell him how he was in love with him since three years ago.
Daehyun nodded as he stood from his bed and held a yellow envelope with Yoo Youngjae written on the front of it, of course he couldn't say it that would be too hard.
 
Once Daehyun got to Youngjae's house his front door was already open, creeping in he looked for his best friend, shoving the envelope in his brown leather jacket pocket
"Youngjae? Jae? Where are you Jaejae?" He called out but the house was in complete darkness,something that was creepy with a house this big
 
"Youngjae?" Daehyun called once he saw his friend curled into a ball on his bed, small sobs coming out of his mouth, his hand covered his mouth trying to hide the noise. "Youngjae, what's wrong? Talk to me"
"D-Dae" Youngjae whispered as he hiccuped.
 
"Shh, it's okay, take your time what's the matter?" Daehyun asked once he held Youngjae in his arms, cradling him back and forth, brushing his hair out of his face.
"Th-their go-gone and and I-I'm alo-alone" Youngjae sobbed into Daehyun's neck as he held his best friend for life, Daehyun was confused, who was gone?
 
"Jae, shh calm down, I'm here okay? I'm not going to leave you" Daehyun whispered once Youngjae's breathing had become more normal, indicating his crying had died down a little bit.
"M-my parents.. Their d-d-de-dead Dae" Youngjae burst into fit of tears, his face red from the tears, his cheeks stained from them falling down, Daehyun gasped, he didn't even think that.
 
"How Jae?" Daehyun asked, he knew he shouldn't he wanted to take it back and never let it leave his mouth, Youngjae didn't want to talk about it, he knew that, but the question just came out "you don't have to answer"
"They were murdered and it's all my fault, they were killed because of my grades, because of my singing, If I was never born this wouldn't have happened!" Youngjae snapped, pushing himself back into a ball on his bed, uncontrollably sobbing into his hands.
 
"Shh, Jae, it's okay shh" Daehyun cooed as he held the younger from behind, turning him around to face him, Daehyun played with Youngjae's hair at the back of his head which made some of his sobs calm down "you look beautiful Jae"
"thank you Daehyun, but aren't you going to be late for the party?" Youngjae asked as he looked up at the older with tear stained cheeks.
 
"I'm with you at the moment Jae and I need to be here with you, forget about the party and try to get some sleep okay?" Daehyun replied, the younger simply nodded, almost falling asleep instantly.
"I'll take care of you for how ever long you need me Jae" Daehyun whispered before he himself fell asleep.
 
__________________________________________________________
Okay poop start but this was just like a little back story to the whole thing.