chapter three.

The Revenge

Sehun woke up to the blinding sunrays that illuminated the room. He squinted his eyes and saw a cheerful Minyoung pulling up the blinds while yawning. He glanced at the clock and covered the bright light using his palms.

7.15am

He smiled and sat up to admire Minyoung as she did her morning routine, not realizing that he was awake. It was a thing that he always does whenever Minyoung slept over.

“Good morning, Minyeo,” he greeted in a hoarse voice.

“Oh, you’re awake already? Good morning. I’ll go make breakfast, okay” she replied, with a wide smile plastered onto her face.

 

“Come here first,” he muttered, before pulling her onto bed with her. Giggling, she fell into bed with him and made herself comfortable.

“Let’s have dinner outside today. I know a good restaurant around the city,” he said, wrapping his arms around her.

 

“Sure, that will be great. I’ll call you when I’m done with work?” she replied, gleefully and received a soft ‘sure’ as a reply. She smiled and kissed his forehead before leaving the room to make breakfast. He has always admired her. He was lucky to have her in so many ways. She was a strong and determined lady who always had goals set in mind.

However, she hasn’t been seeing her parents or even calling them to ask about their wellbeing for months ever since she dated Kai. For the past months, Sehun himself met her parents and talked to them. Constantly updating them about her wellbeing and caring for them. It was as if he was part of the family. It was no doubt that they love him. A lot.

Her parents love her, a lot too. Obviously. She was their only child and wanted only the best for her. Which is the sole reason why they forbid her from dating Kai. They never knew that she had a rebel side where she’d leave her family just to be with her boyfriend. They regretted their harsh words and have been trying to contact her but failed.

However, there is a saying that goes: blood is thicker than water.

 

 


 

 

“Good afternoon, this is Continental Law and you are speaking to Jeon Minyoung. How may I help you?” she said into the phone with a cheerful voice probably for the 20th time that day and it was only noon.

“Mhm, okay I will redirect you Mr. Kwon now… Yes of course, no problem. My pleasure,” she said before standing up and heading to Mr. Kwon’s door with a pile of documents in her arms. She sighed as she straightened her skirt and jacket before facing the door where there was a plaque that wrote “Mr. Kwon, CEO”. Being someone’s secretary was hard. Taking care of someone else when she could barely take care of herself. She sighed yet again and knocked on the door before opening it.


“Good afternoon, Mr. Kwon. Mr. Henderson from Smith Board is on Line 3. It’s regarding the contract. Oh, and don’t forget that you have a lunch meeting at Yong Susan, Jongro-gu at 2.30pm sharp. You will be leaving at 1.45pm. I’ve already informed your chauffeur. Don’t be late. Mr. Henderson has a flight to catch at 4.30pm and he’s a very grumpy person. These are the essential documents needed and after you leave, don’t forget to call your wife in the car,” she said as she scanned through her diary.

“Okay, place them here so I can review it. Oh, and can you remind the logistics board that there will be a meeting tomorrow at 9am sharp? It’s very important. Thank you,” he replied, without looking up. She just nodded before leaving his room. She groaned as she got back to her seat to continue her work.

 

“Busy day?” asked Angela, her colleague who was passing by her desk.

“No doubt,” she groaned while shaking her head, gaining a chuckle and a ‘good luck’ from her. Oh well, she needed all the luck that she could get to survive on a Monday.

The new job is fun and totally better than the previous one where all she did was paperwork but this job required more stamina and good memory. Mr. Kwon was known to be flawless and it was pressurizing her badly.

She glanced in her bag and remembered her lunch. It was already 1pm, might as well have lunch now. As she dug into her bag, she felt something soft. She took it out and was surprised to see a chocolate energy bar with a small note attached to it.

 

Don’t work yourself too hard, Minyeo-ah. Relax.

P.S don’t forget dinner. I’ll pick you up.

 

Her face lit up instantly as she read. She could feel her face burning up and she buried her face in her palms in glee. Well, at least her day got a million times better.

 

 


 

 

“Hey, I just got off work. Where are you?” she asked the moment the telephone lines connected.

“Well hello, beautiful. Look outside the window,” he replied. She blushed and head over to the window and saw Sehun holding a bouquet of red roses in his hands and was leaning back onto his car with a wide grin on his face. Waves of feels excitement shocked through her body, making her legs go weak.

 

“Ooh, looks like someone has got a date,” smirked Angela who happened to be looking down the window too. Minyoung’s face went scarlet and she quickly left the office and to the lift lobby. As she left, she could hear hoots from her colleagues and a few cheers saying, “You go, girl!" In the elevator, she tried redeeming herself controlling her breaths. Her colleagues made her feel flustered and… weird. Going out with Sehun has never been a big deal but this time it was different. The moment she left the building, there stood Sehun with a wide smile on his face.


“Hi, Hun,” she greeted with a shy smile.

“Hello, Minyeo. These are for you,” he winked as he held the roses out. She mumbled a thank you and hid her face among the roses. He let out a chuckle and opened the door for her. With that, they both took off. Minyoung was 99% sure that her colleagues were observing them from her office. She got flustered yet again at the thought.

 

 


 

 

The atmosphere was light and cheery but with a hint of discomfort that was coming from Sehun. At the entrance of the restaurant, Sehun suddenly turned to Minyoung and his face was stern with a hint of worry.

“Hey, Minyeo. Please, promise me you won’t be mad. I’m doing this because I must. It’s for the best,” he said and gave her a small smile. Before she could ask what did he meant by that, she was cut off by a voice that sounded too familiar.

 

“Hello, Minyoung. It’s been so long, my love…”

Her head whipped around instantly and her eyes went big.

“Mom…Dad,” she whispered and ran to them.

 

She felt elated but embarrassed at the same time. She never had the courage to meet her parents after leaving their family home. She knew they were right but she was scared that her parents would rub it into her face and her own parents would reject her. She’d ignore their calls and ask them to leave whenever they tried to visit her office. But they never gave up on her.

“How have you been, Minyoung?” her mom, said while clasping her hands around Minyoung’s.

“I’ve been better,” she mumbled as she squeezed her mom’s hand back.

 

“I miss you both so much… I’m so sorry…” she said as her voice broke.

“We’re sorry too, Minyoung-ah. But you’re our only daughter, there is no doubt that we will never give up on you and will always be on your side,” he dad stated while giving her an encouraging smile.

 

“That’s true. Let’s just forgive and forget and get past this. Life goes on, right?” her mom said. Minyoung nodded and cracked a small smile and as her eyes met with Sehun’s, she instantly felt better.

The table was filled with laughter after half an hour. They began to update each other about their lives and about what they have been missing out all this time. Minyoung was not aware that her parents knew what has been happening in her life as Sehun has already been updating them but they acted as if they didn’t know and listen in triumph and happiness as they listened to their little girl tell them her story. Just like how she used to when she was younger.

Now, the Jeon family is back together.

 

 


 

 

Laughter and giggles filled the corridor as the couple duo walked hand-in-hand with wide grins plastered on their faces. It was a couple of hours before midnight and they just got back home from dinner with Minyoung’ s parents. After getting in Sehun’s apartment, they took turns bathing before covering themselves with the duvet on bed. Minyoung moaned the moment her back came in contact with the soft bed. She was so worn out by today’s events however it still made her happy.

“Hey, Sehun?”

“Hmm?” he replied with his eyes closed.

 

“Thank you for today,” she smiled.

“Anything for you,” he grinned. She blushed before wrapping her arms around his torso.

 

“Can we head to my old apartment tomorrow? I’m running out of clothes,” she grinned, masking hurt from mentioning it.

“Of course, love. Anything for you,” he smiled and kissed her forehead as she fluttered her eyes closed, the tiredness consuming her last drops of energy. Sehun knew that it was still hurting her and she didn’t even need to tell. He knew by the way she tried to avoid or when her voice wavered when it comes to the topic about him. It hurts Sehun too to see her hurt and he can’t do anything about it.

Seeing her happy makes him happy. And ever since they met, Minyoung’s happiness is what made him thrive forward and has been his fuel of energy. Seeing her in pain, made him feel as if he just broke off with someone too. When Kai broke her heart, it took away her happiness. Simultaneously, it took away his too. He’d sacrifice anything for her just to see her happy again. Anything for her.

 

“Anything for you,” he whispered and kissed her closed eyelids as she dozed off.