chapter one.

The Revenge

 

 

Minyoung sighed in frustration as she dug out her apartment key from her bag and made her way through the corridor to her apartment. A job promotion really introduced a hell lot of fatigue into her life. She was too busy with her work since she got promoted to one of the most pursued position in the industry, the CEO's executive secretary, last month and was still trying to adapt to her new working environment. 

Kai, her boyfriend, on the other hand, is as free as her retired mom. He was working in his father’s company and will soon be the CEO, replacing his father. He was on his one-month break, claiming that he needed some rest before he worked day and night. 

Minyoung hummed a tune as she unlocked the door and entered. She kicked the door closed with the heel of her heels and dropped her bag on the couch. Soon, her heels’ clicks came to a halt, followed by her hums.

 

With what she was seeing, shock and betrayal would be an understatement. In her sight, there was her door wide open and displaying two united bodies on Minyoung’s bed.

 

“, , ! Minyoung, it’s not what it looks like. I swear,”

“Really, Jongin? And I thought this time you were going to be faithful. Damn it, Kai,” she retorted, with hurt evident in her frail voice.

 

It was a known fact to many associates of the couple that Kai has a friend – A friend with benefits. Well, had, as it was also another known fact that Kai supposedly ended his ways and wanted to get serious with Minyoung, considering that he’ll be taking over his father’s company. Well, things are easier said than done, right?

Minyoung had risked a lot just being together with Kai. She disobeyed her parents whose blessings are absent in their relationship. She left her family home and stopped her visits. It’s another known fact that Minyoung’s parents never favored Kai in any way. Let alone wanting him to be their son-in-law. Over our dead body as one would quote them.

Just like how she’d react after catching them together like this before he made the choice to stop his ways, she picked up her bag and left. With no running tears down her face or any consideration of listening to excuses.

 

After all, she is Jeon Minyoung.

 

 


 

 

Her appearance does not reflect a single bit of anger that was bottled up in her petite self. Well, besides her flaring nostrils. With attempts to control her breaths, she walked to her savior’s house. And with a deep breath and a curled fist, she knocked. 3 exhales later, the door opened and Sehun stepped out.

Eye contact.

Her knees went weak and she could barely stand.

He gasped.

Her breathing went unstable.

“Come here,” he whispered.

Her knees gave up and she dropped into his arms and was enfolded into a hug as she let out soft weeps.

 

 


 

 

"Bathe, change, wash off your makeup. I'll get your dinner, ready, Minyeo," he whispered before placing a kiss on her forehead and leaving the room. She cracked a smile to his back before glancing around the familiar room.

Same ol’, same ol’. 

 

 


 

 

 

“Hi,” she said quietly as she sat at the dining table, wearing Sehun’s briefs and t-shirt.

Now, you’re wondering which is her real boyfriend. No?

"Hello to you too, Minyeo. Took you long enough," he said with a playful grin as he placed a bowl of mac & cheese in front of her. She grinned back at him as she began her feast with Sehun sitting in front of her, observing.

They occupied themselves with various topics – from family to work to the movie that will be out in the cinema that weekend. They never seem to run out of things to talk about. An hour later, they were giggling as they watch a show that was playing and Minyoung was snuggling in the crook of Sehun’s neck with his arms wrapped around her waist – making her feel secure.

They knew each other since they were in high school and ever since then, they were inseparable. He protects her from the monsters under her bed, the ones surrounding her and the ones within her.

“Want to head to bed soon? Or maybe continue watching the show in my room?" he asked her.

After she nodded, the lights were then switched off and they were both cuddled in his bed within minutes.

 

“I'm going to leave him, Hun. I can't do this anymore,” she muttered, breaking the silence.

“It’s about time, Minyeo. I have waited long enough for you to end it with that guy,” he whispered as he kissed the crown of her head and sighed.

 

“Move in with me. I mean, you practically live here,”

“You sure? I mean, I’m a girl. It’s going to be such a hassle,”

 

“Anything for you,” he murmured as he enveloped her into a hug.

“Help me get my stuffs tomorrow?”

He just nodded before switching off the lamp on the side table.

 

“Good night, Minyeo,”

“Good night, Hun,”
 

Well, thank God it’s Friday, huh?

 

 


 

I hope you liked it! Hehehe, do comment to tell me what you think, i really, really appreciate your feedback. With that, I can try my best to improve my writing and make you all happy and do upvote if you liked this story. I'll try my best to update very, very soon. Promise!

Thank youuuu, love youuuuu.