standing in the sideline

Blue way highschool

 

Hyosung...  that name still  brings so much emotions. Yongguk tried  to forget that name for so long. He is just an ordinary boy  at high school and she is the class president. They are sharing their  course but he never had the chance to talk to her separately. He was- like you could predict- madly in love with that person , but he was too invisible for the world to see.

 

Yongguk was  Busy practicing exercises for his upcoming math test, but his mind wasn't in the right state. Still hours after he left school  to study home he could still hear, smell and see  the girl.  Yes…. she was that special. He closed his eyes to replay one of the best(but painful) memories he had of her.

 

 

***

 

It was the beginning of the school year. Yongguk was a neat student and scored pretty high but had always hated it to go to school but that year it was going to be different.

 He was sitting  on his usual seat next to his one and only childhood friend:  Himchan.

 

"Yah chinguu ~ I've heard that there is going to be a new girl" Himchan said with a soft voice while bringing his head closer to Yongguk.

 

"O.. and?" Yongguk said simply not interested in the “new girl”

 

" Aiish, how do you mean 'and' I just hope that she's good looking so I can try her out"  A devilish grin appeared on his already handsome face. Yongguk was always jealous of him cause he had the face, the brains and  the skills. Yongguk on the other hand was a shy and quiet  guy, who was afraid of the world.  He had no experience in dating any girls and was afraid of talking to them.

 

"YAH~ you can't talk about a lady like that you crazy“ Yongguk poked Himchan on the head making sure he was paying attention to him.

 

"And you want to tell me that? Never-hooked-up-with-a-girl-man"

 

Auch……. that hurt.  1-0 for Himchan  Yongguk thought

 

Yongguk threw  a stare full of revenge and playful hate to his friend, before the teacher who just came in began to talk.

 

" Well students... My name is miss  Lee Hyori.  I'm your English teacher for this year. Welcome at this new course. I hope you will do your best this year " She pulled some papers out of her antique bag but suddenly hurried her pace.

 

 "omo….. I almost forgot we've got a new student"   Yongguk thought sighed out loud.

-This will be a another stupid year -                                                       

 

"I will be right there. "  The teacher left, and in like every typical Highschool drama or movie, girls began gossiping about how good looking he would be and the boys how good looking she would be. Only Yongguk was patiently working  on his homework at the back of the class, but he was abruptly interrupted by the sound of some in-rhythm click clacks. He looked up and he immediately lost his mind.  A girl with a honeysweet face  with long wavy hair in some cute buns. Everybody in this school wore the same clothes but she still looked more classy and sophisticated than everyone in this school. She wore high heels so her posture was right and confident.  The skirt was complimenting her thighs. One of the most y he ever saw. he just knew it he fell in love with her in not only 3 seconds.

 

"Hello, I am Hyosung and I am new at this school and o yeah I’m the chairman’s daughter "

 

Sounds and whispers started to form in the whole class.

 

"waah…… she's really beautiful." Himchan said and actually repeated Yongguk thoughts but out loud.

 

"I-I agree....." He said softly with a little shade on my cheeks. At the same time a smile appeared. 

 

Hyosung chose a seat next to a girl –Sunhwa- who she apparently already knew cause  the moment she sat they both  started chatting.

 

"chinguuu~? " Himchan tapped Yongguk on the shoulders.

 

"Hmmm. Whats-upp...?" he answered  said while still staring at Hyosung

 

"I-I think I'm in love" Himchan said softly

 

"mmm......~" Yongguk’s gaze was still fixed on Hyosung until it sank in what Himchan just said.

 

"wait....WHAT!?...... Wow the first time I've heard this...... Who's the lucky girl?”

 

Himchan chuckled ” uhmm…….. I just fell in love with Hyosung”

 

 

***

 

 Because of what Himchan told Yongguk he decided not to tell Himchan that he loved her too.  he just didn’t want to ruin their friendship. He  didn’t have anybody else.

 

***

 

 

Yongguk decided to stop with learning he was too distracted he decided to call Himchan.

 

"Yoboseyeo…." Yongguk heard through his phone.

 

"Yooo.....channie… i can't concentrate on learning." Yongguk played with his pen while talking with his best friend.

 

" Hmmm…… are you thinking of her again….l?"

 

Yongguk heart skipped a beat. He almost thought that Himchan knew about his secret but then he remembered what happened  few weeks ago.

 

"Hmmm....." He just simply answered.

 

"Don't think too much about it Yonggukie …. there are still other girls in the world"  What Himchan just said was too much. Tears started to form in Yongguk’s eyes.

 

 "I'm sorry but I have to go" and he hung up.

 

Yongguk thought about that stupid moment what made everything worse.

 

 

***

 

 

"Yongguk I'm in love with you... can you accept my heart" the best friend of Hyosung –yes…. Hyosung- Sunhwa confessed to Yongguk and he couldn't believe it.  A simple guy as him that nobody pays attention to is actually being loved by a girl. But at the wrong time and the wrong person. How can he ever date Sunhwa if he keeps thinking about her best friend. If she would confess on the first day of school then everything would be all right.

 

"I...... I-I'm s-sorry..... I c-can't.....I'm in love with somebody else" Yongguk said while his hands were trembling. Sunhwa laughed nervously.

 

"O...well..let's forget....what I just said then..." And she ran away. Leaving Yongguk alone all flustered by what just happened

 

In that lunch break Yongguk sat awkwardly on the table with the  ooo so in-love couple and Sunhwa. The couple sensed  the awkwardness and tried to get rid of it.

 

" Guys.. Himchan wants to have 3 baby's with me later.”

 

 Sunhwa responded immediately by faking her surprised expression but failed completely. Yongguk just said there poking his food. Himchan and Kyosung looked at each other and a few seconds later himchan asked something surprisingly.

 

"You like sunhwa don't you?" Yongguk dropped his cutlery immediately

"You say what now?" And he raised one eyebrow while shooting a ‘you are so dead’ glare towards Himchan . Himchan didn’t dare to say anything else but Sunhwa didn’t saw this so she kept on talking

" Why don't you both go on a double date with us." There was a painful silence between everybody. Suddenly Sunhwa stood up and packed her stuff without even looking at Yongguk she said this.

" I'm  sorry Yongguk I don't like you" and  she ran away what made Hyosung and Himchan think that he was madly in love with her . And so the misunderstanding between the two best friends.

 

 

***

 

 

The next day was the actual math test and he nailed it as always. He walked in the hall way when he heard some kids talking

" I don’t know which couple I like more Kyusun or Hyochan" Yongguk  hated that ‘Hyochan’ was everywhere but he decided to accept it there wasn’t an other way. The day that he made that decision was 2 weeks after Hyosung came into their class.

 

Yongguk’s English lesson was over and they had a little break.  Suddenly Himchan stood up from his chair.

 

“ I will be back”

“ Where are you going? “ Yongguk asked curious.

 

"I think that I'm going to ask Hyosung on a date"

 

Yongguk's widened off surprise and felt a twitch in his heart but he had to it up. He promised not to interfere with his best friends luck and happiness.

 

"Oooo………. Okee" he said with trying his best not to show his disappointment.

 

He saw Himchan walking towards Hyosung. It was just like a movie. Everything in black and white slow-motion. Himchan looked comfortable. he knew that if  it was him, he didn’t even could walk properly out of nervousness.

 

Yongguk  saw from the distant Himchan talking playfully with the girls and he saw the perfect peach colored and shaped cheeks of Hyosung getting a more reddish color. He saw her nodding happily.  It was like his heart stopped beating. At that moment he knew it was over. After a few minutes Himchan appeared with a smile from here to Tokyo

 

"Broh....I just got a date"

Yongguk saw that his best friend was the happiest he ever saw him.

But for him it was a beginning of torture. Since that day the two started dating. That meant that Yongguk had to be friends with her. He learned that she was a nice girl even more than he imagined. What made his scar even deeper.

He had to witness all of the moments between Himchan and Hyosung.  Although he is not able to show her his feeling , he still is a sort of happy. Himchan and Hyosung are both happy. And that's all he ever wished.

 


 

haaai guys i'm finally  back ghehe i changed the name a bit but okaaay i hope ur happy i will update more now