Chapter 2

Jealousy Thy Name Is Luhan

Chapter 2 is here! I hope you all enjoy it. Remember to comment :) A/N: The colored words are Luhan's thoughts.

Story:-

Luhan gave a sigh of relief when the bell rang indicating the lunch break. Usually he is attentive in class but that day he had better things to do than listen to what the teacher was talking about.

Luhan was busy mustering up ideas to take revenge on Sehun.

You shouldn’t have messed with me with my coffee. I’ll make you pay. Luhan smirked.

Lay glanced at his best friend and saw him smirking wickedly to himself.

“No. Just no.” he warned Luhan.

The latter looked at him innocently, “What are you talking about Xing?”

Lay glared at his best friend, “Don’t act dumb with me Luhan. Whatever you are planning in that evil brain of yours, don’t. You will regret it” he warned.

Luhan smirked, “If there’s anyone who would regret, its Oh Sehun. He would so regret messing with me. I’ll make sure of it”

“Luhaaaaaaaaaaan” Lay yelled when his best friend left the classroom with a wave and “bye Xing”.

                                                                                 ***

Luhan tapped his foot to a song, waiting in the line for his lunch. He scanned the area for his friends when his eyes found him.

Sehun was walking and talking and ing laughing with none other than Lee Jae Kyun.

Whatever anger Luhan was able to suppress, they all came right back with a full force.

So what if Lay was right? He’ll ing admit that he was jealous. He had every right to be jealous. Sehun was his boyfriend, his. If he didn’t make the boy smile then nobody else had the right to make Sehun smile too. How could Sehun fight dirty with him early in the morning and then be all sweet and adorable to Jae Kyun. 

And they say I’m the bipolar one. Luhan mentally rolled his eyes.

Sehun, as if feeling eyes on him, looked around till his eyes settled on Luhan. He scowled back at the glare he received from his boyfriend and turned his face away from him.

Luhan blinked, surprised. Did he just ignore me? Aish…this kid! He narrowed his eyes even further when he saw Sehun sitting with Jae Kyun at her table instead of with his friends.

                                                                                ***

Luhan sat down at his usual table and waited for his friends, while glaring at his boyfriend every now and then.

“For someone who is the older one in the relationship, you surely act like a kid”

Luhan turned his eyes to glare at the tall giant who went by the name Kris.

“Don’t start with me” Luhan warned as he went back to glare at Sehun.

Kris rolled his eyes, “Yah! Cut it out Luhan. He is Lee Jae Kyun’s tutor. He has to spend some time with her to help her in her assignment. Stop acting like a jealous wife”

Luhan took a deep breath and said in a low voice, “For the last time, I.am.not.jealous

Kris smirked, “Yeah you keep telling that to yourself”

Luhan scowled, “Why do you even bother now? You surely didn’t show any interest before class”

Kris rolled his eyes, “Oh please. I don’t need to be a mind reader to know that there’s trouble in HunHan paradise. I knew Yixing had it covered, so I didn’t bother”

“Yixing had what covered?” Lay asked taking a seat beside Luhan, with his food tray.

“Playing peace-maker between them” Kris replied before turning back to Sehun, “Sehun-ah, you’re playing today right?” he asked, regarding their soccer match in college.

Sehun, who was busy eating, looked up at his name. When he saw it was Kris, he gave his famous smile, “I’m in your team duizhang”

“Done” Kris smiled and turned back at his food.

“Are you sitting today’s game out?” Lay asked Luhan.

Luhan smirked, “Of course not Xing. I’m playing in the opponent team”

Just then Sehun got up and passed by Luhan’s table to the counter. Luhan followed him with his eyes and anger boiled inside him when he saw Sehun getting two bubble teas. He ignores me and gets bubble tea for her. Luhan seethed in anger in his mind.

A wicked plan came to his mind and he casually put his leg out right when Sehun was about to cross his table.

As planned, Sehun tripped over Luhan’s leg and crashed down hard on the floor on his knees.

“Sehun-ah! Are you alright?” Lay and Kris were by his side in an instant, with Lay helping him up and Kris checking him for any injury.

“I’m fine” Sehun gritted, as he looked back at Luhan.

The older boy smirked and raised his eyebrow rebelliously.

Sehun glared right back at him and for a while, it felt like the two of them were in an unspoken glaring contest, both refusing to back down.

“Sehun Oppa, kenchana?” the sickly sweet female voice broke Luhan’s concentration making him blink.

Sehun smirked at his silent victory as he walked back to Jae Kyun’s table.

Sehun Oppa? Luhan gave the girl one last glare before stabbing at his food.

                                                                                      ***

“Luhan hyeung!” Luhan turned to find Kai calling him.

“What?” he asked the younger boy.

“Is it true that you tripped Sehun-ah during lunch?” he asked blatantly, like he always does.

Luhan narrowed his eyes, “Who told you that?” he didn’t remember seeing Kai during lunch.

Kai smirked, “I get all the news around here, Hyeung” he bragged.

Luhan rolled his eyes, “Jonginie, are you playing in Kris’ team for today’s match?” he asked sweetly.

“Yep” Kai nodded.

Luhan wiped off his sweet smile and narrowed his eyes, “If you don’t want to trip yourself on the field then don’t ask me again about Sehun” he warned his younger friend.

Kai pouted, “Why are you being mad at me?” he said quietly, in a hurt voice.

Luhan sighed looking down. He has been ing at almost all of his friends.

“Sorry Jonginie. Didn’t mean that kiddo” he ruffled the kid’s hair.

Kai looked up and dropped his innocent act, “Hah! Got you Luhan hyeung! You totally fell for it” he teased and ran before Luhan could chase him.

Aish! That kid. Always the prankster.

                                                                                    ***

Luhan was done getting ready for the game when he saw Sehun walking out of the gym in his soccer attire. They passed each other and glared strongly.

“You shouldn’t have tripped me back then” Sehun accused Luhan, his eyes angry.

Although the younger boy had the height advantage, that didn’t stop Luhan from glowering at him.

“And you shouldn’t have drank my coffee in the morning” he accused back.

“Well you had it coming. You were going on and on about my clothes, my laundry and what not” Sehun countered back.

“Oh now it's my fault? Did you forget that you kept the lights and TV on last night, when I was clearly trying to sleep?” Luhan raised his voice.

“So now I can’t even watch my shows peacefully?” Sehun narrowed his eyes.

“No. Not over my sleep. You could have watched the TV in the living room” Luhan reminded his boyfriend.

“And you could have slept in the other room too. It's not like we live in a cramped up apartment.” Sehun counteracted.

“It's my room. Why on earth would I go to another room?” Luhan asked back.

“I don’t know. May be since you are the one with the problem here” Sehun smirked.

“I don’t have any problem. You cause them for me. You kept on opening the window all night, even after I kept on closing them.”

“Yeah that’s because it was ing hot inside the room”

“The outside air was chilly.”

“I was feeling hot and suffocated in the room”

“Who told you to come back to the room anyway? You didn’t look like you were feeling ‘hot and suffocated’ while you were enjoying your bubble tea after classes”

Sehun glared at his boyfriend.

“May be I wasn’t hot and suffocated back then. May be I was enjoying it. I wouldn’t have come to your room if I knew you would be PMS-ing like this.”

“You can forget coming home tonight. I’ll kick your to the street, if I find you anywhere near my house” Luhan cautioned Sehun.

“That’s my house too. I paid for half of it. So don’t go around saying it's yours. And I’ll come and go as I please. I don’t need your permission” Sehun answered back.

“You need my permission. I am older than you”

“And I’m taller. What will you do? Huh?”

Unknown to either of them, both the boys were pretty much yelling at each other and managed to attract quite the crowd around them.

Their next step probably would have been fist fight, had Suho and Kris not interfered and stopped them.

“Alright that’s enough. You two have made your points clear but for now put a pause on it. Game’s about to start. Lets go” both leaders pulled the boys apart and pushed them towards the field.

“It’s not over” Sehun brushed past Luhan.

“Damn right it's not” Luhan replied back with venom.

                                                                                    ***

The game started with Sehun playing for Kris’ team and Luhan for Suho’s team. Things were pretty much heated in the field between them as well. Within 15 minutes, it was clear that the match wasn’t really between Team Yifan v/s Team Joon Myeon but mostly between Sehun v/s Luhan.

Each of them wanted to get the upper hand and each of them wanted it badly. Rather than scoring a goal, both the boys focused more on playing each other and defeating. Problem was that, both Luhan and Sehun knew each other’s moves too well and therefore each could easily predict the possible move of the other and block it. Frustration grew and their teammates were aware that these two boys would play dirty if needed.

And that’s what happened.

To any outsider, it would look like two arch enemies playing each other, rather than a couple. They would pull, push, hit and scratch while tackling over the ball.

The match went on like that. Each team scoring and playing equally well. But all eyes were on Luhan and Sehun. They weren’t just playing, they were at war with each other.

There were only 2 minutes left to the game and the score was 3-3. Lay made a brilliant pass to Luhan but before he could take it, Sehun shoved him from the side, none too gently, stealing the ball from him. He gave a victorious smirk to Luhan as he ran off with the ball across the other side of the field.

Luhan’s blood boiled in anger. Sehun had been pushing him for a long time and Luhan was at the end of his patience. He was never known for his cool temper but with Sehun, he tried extra hard knowing the kid’s playful nature all too well. But his anger was beyond the limit of calming down and Jae Kyun’s ‘Sehun Oppa! Sehun Oppa’ cheers were not really helping at all.

With a mental curse, for losing the ball, Luhan ran with maximum speed towards Sehun. He would be damned if he lost the match too, to the younger boy.

Sehun was about to make a pass when Luhan caught up with him. Adrenaline pumped through his body and he barely registered feeling a bit out of breath. He had to stop his Sehun. Mine. The inner voice growled inside him.

Luhan kicked the ball away from Sehun but the latter was ready to stop Luhan too.

Luhan could hear Suho shouting to pass the ball and Kris urging Sehun to take control. But all sounds slowly became quiet, when Sehun whispered, “Luhan hyeung” to him, like he always does, like there’s nothing wrong between them.

Luhan should have known that brat-hun would hit below the belt. He got distracted for a second, at Sehun’s sincere voice and that was all Sehun needed to take the ball away from him.

It was the last 20 seconds and the crowd gathered was doing the countdown.

18….17….16…15…

Luhan chased after Sehun.

14…13…12…11…

Sehun dodged a predictable move from Luhan and advanced towards the goal.

10…9…8…7…6…5…

Luhan knew this was it. He would lose to Sehun. But he can’t. He won’t. Not after Sehun played downright nasty.

4…3…2…

Instead of screaming with joy, the crowd fell silent.

Luhan kicked Sehun hard enough in his ankle, making him fall and lose the ball.

1…and the referee blew the whistle, indicating game was over.

All of his teammates were crowding around them, bending over Sehun, who hadn’t moved yet.

Luhan watched as Kris crouched down beside Sehun and tried to turn the kid. The rest of their friends hunched over Kris to see what’s wrong and Luhan couldn’t see any more.

“What the hell was that man?” Lay accused angrily.

Luhan blinked.

Zhang Yixing was the calmest, coolest and sweetest guy on the planet. For him to shout like that, at Luhan none the less, it was surreal.

“I warned you not to, didn’t I? Huh? Didn’t I warn you not to do anything that your crazy brain decided to do? Are you happy now, Luhan? Satisfied?” Lay screamed at him, looking beyond pissed.

Luhan panted and tried to look into the cluster of boys for his boy but all he heard were Kris and Suho shouting for the medic.

Why would they need the medic for? Luhan wondered for a few seconds before realization hit him.

“Xing!” he looked at Lay with wide eyes, filled with worry.

“This is all on you” Lay pointed an accusatory finger at his best friend and rushed past Luhan, shoving him by the shoulder.

Luhan turned to the way his best friend ran off, to find the medics carrying Sehun out in a stretcher.

Suddenly all the pent up anger washed away at the pained feature of his boyfriend, even though it was just a small glance. Luhan felt like the biggest for hurting Sehun for such a trivial matter. Luhan slapped his forehead with his palm, cursing his short temper and hard headedness. Don’t forget your jealousy. That annoying voice inside him that sounded oddly like Lay reminded him. 

Without a second thought, Luhan ran towards the sick room, to make it up to his boy. He would beg if needed. Lay was right; Luhan was jealous. He saw his lover with some random girl and jumped to conclusions and ruined everything between him and Sehun. He knew his Sehun would never cheat on him. He knew that deep, deep inside his heart. But the rejection felt like a hard slap especially when Sehun went with another girl.

Luhan slowed down his pace when he reached outside the sick room. The door was slightly ajar and Luhan paused to frame the words of sincerest apology in his mind. He was about to go inside when he heard those two words that had started the whole fight between them –

Sehun Oppa

******************************************************************************

TBC…..