Chapter 1

Jealousy Thy Name Is Luhan

A/N: Here is chapter 1. I hope you all enjoy it. The colored words are Luhan's thoughts. 

Story:-

Luhan was mad. Not just ‘mad’, he was ‘Mad’ with a capital M.

Although he managed his poker face for everyone else, he was fuming from the inside and if you took a very close look, you could see smoke coming out from his ears.

The reason for all this?

 It's two simple words –

Oh Sehun.

Luhan glared at the floor as he walked towards his locker. That kid. I’ll kill him for sure. Aish! That cheeky Oh Sehun! Luhan muttered in his mind as he thought about thousand and one ways to kill the said ‘kid’, painfully and slowly.

He was glad that the brat was nowhere to be found in the hallway or else Luhan would have killed him right there and honestly, he didn’t want any witness to his murder.

Taking out the necessary books for his first period, Luhan took out some of his anger on the locker door and took pleasure in slamming it shut, making a loud noise that echoed through the hallway.

Walking to his class room, he took his usual seat beside Lay and banged the books on his desk in anger.

 Xiumin jumped from his other side and Kris gave an annoyed look for distracting him from the book he was reading. Chen gave a puzzled look and Tao glared back for waking him up from his nap.

 Luhan ignored them all.

 Lay was the only one who remained calm and gave him a patient look.

Luhan fisted his hands and tried to calm himself down.

“From the looks of you, I take it that you and Sehun-ah had a fight” Lay commented quietly. It wasn’t a question. Luhan was aware that his best friend knew him too well, so he wasn’t surprised that Lay had figured it out already.

“Don’t call him Sehun. He is Brat-hun” Luhan growled low in his voice.

Lay rolled his eyes, “Alright. Out with it already. What did you fight about this time with him?” he demanded.

Luhan glared at his best friend, “Why do you assume that I fought with him? Why can’t he be the one to fight with me?”

Lay raised an eyebrow at him, “Because you are Luhan. Because you have zero level of patience. Because you have serious OCD and because you are my best friend. I know you. Do I need to go on or will you talk now?”

Luhan sighed, “I’m not that bad” he muttered softly.

Lay laughed, “I’m sure you are not. Because you are worse”

Luhan glared at his best friend but decided not to fight with him that day. He had already fought with the most important person, possibly ex-most important person because Luhan did not consider him important right that moment, in his life and he would rather not fight with the second most important person in his life too.

“He pissed me off really bad this time Yixing-ah” Luhan confided to Lay finally, “He stayed up late the night before, watching stupid shows on TV in our bedroom and kept the light on. He could have switched the light off or hell turned the TV off! He knows I can’t sleep with any light or loud sound and still he kept both on. He could have watched the TV in the living room. But no! He had to spoil my sleep. And then just when I managed to drift off, stupid kid had to open the damn window. It was chilly last night and God knows why he felt hot and thought it would be a good idea to keep the window open. I had to wake up thrice to close it shut but still he opened it back. And this morning, the room was a mess with his clothes scattered all over, then his dirty laundry was in the bathroom and he forgot to screw the lid back on the toothpaste tube.”

Lay looked at Luhan with wide eyes as his friend paused for a while. He was about to say something to make Luhan feel better, when the angry guy started ranting again.

“Like that wasn’t enough, like he hadn’t already ruined my morning, he made burnt toast for breakfast. How can you even forgive that! Granted I’m not much of a cook, hell I don’t even boast about my culinary skills but even I can make better toasts than that! And then when I went for my coffee, the brat said we were out of it, since he already had drunk that last of it. He had the audacity to gulp down what was left in his cup. He could have offered me some from his cup. He knows I need my caffeine fix in the morning but he was just too selfish to share.”

This time as soon as Luhan paused, Lay quickly replied, “Hey, now don’t say that. Sehun is anything but selfish. You know that. The kid even shares his gummy worms with you. He surely wouldn’t have minded sharing his coffee. He probably was mad at you too therefore he didn’t”

Luhan narrowed his eyes at his best friend, “Why are you defending that brat? Whose friend are you?”

Lay rolled his eyes, “I’m not picking sides. You both are my friends and brothers. Don’t bring me in between your fights. I’m just trying to help here”

Luhan looked at past Lay outside the window, “I swear Xing, I was this close to wipe that smug look from his face when he drank the coffee. It was as if he was mocking me” Luhan said in a dangerously low voice.

Lay sighed and shook his head, “Lulu, you know Sehun has a playful nature. He was probably just playing pranks on you. And he is a messy kid. Not everyone can be a neat freak like you Luhan. Are you sure you are mad at him because of all this or are you just mad at something else and taking it out on him?”

Luhan sighed. There was a reason Lay was his best friend. The guy knew him all too well.

“Okay I admit I was a bit mad when yesterday he turned down my strawberry shake offer for Lee Jae Kyun’s bubble tea. I mean he just shrugged and waved at me just like that and was practically glued to Jae Kyun’s side. But that was not why I am so angry. He really managed to do every single thing I dislike in the last 24 hours.” Luhan admitted.

Lay smiled, “Lulu you are jealous!” he teased.

“I am not! I was offended by how he passed off my offer” Luhan defended himself.

Lay laughed out loud once again waking up Tao from his nap and distracting Kris from his book. Both the boys glared at him and he mouthed a quick sorry before laughing in a low voice.

“Oh my God, Lulu, you are jealous! You are so jealous of Jae Kyun. You know she didn’t mean any harm. She just offered our maknae some bubble tea and you know the kid is a er for bubble teas. No wonder he declined your strawberry shake offer. And you kept thinking about it and got mad over the rest of the stuffs, which on any given ordinary day, you would have ignored after a little warning to him. But you are practically ready to rip him limb by limb” Lay pointed out patiently.

“Damn right I’m ready to do that. I’ll skin him alive” Luhan banged his desk with his fist.

“Yifan ge! Do something” Tao whined finally fed up of people interrupting his before-class-nap.

Kris looked at Luhan with furrowed eyebrows and Luhan glared back at him for taking Tao’s side instead of even bothering to listen to him.

“Tao, sorry little brother. Your Luhan gege just woke up on the wrong side of the bed” Lay smiled warmly at the kid, ruffling his hair.

Tao gave a smile to Lay and looked at Luhan. He did not like how Luhan was frowning at Lay for saying that he had woken up on the wrong side of the bed.

“Xiao Lu” Tao teased the older boy.

Luhan narrowed his eyes at the younger boy, “I will break your wushu stick in your sleep and you won’t even know it” he threatened, knowing that Tao would believe him, even though Luhan would never do something like that to the kid.

As expected, Tao’s eyes got bigger.

“Yifan gege” he turned to his duizhang who had gone back to his book.

“I swear I will start hitting you two if you don’t shut up right this moment. And I don’t need any wushu stick. My hand would be enough” Kris warned before going back to his book.

Tao pouted and Luhan bored holes in Kris’ head. Before either of them could say anything, the teacher arrived in the class.

“Don’t be mad at the kid, Lulu. He didn’t do all of that on purpose. You love him because of all this, remember? Sehun wouldn’t be Sehun if he doesn’t do messy things and try to tease you” Lay whispered softly before concentrating on what the teacher was saying.

Luhan chewed on his lip. What Lay said was correct but that didn’t mean Luhan wasn’t mad anymore. He can’t forgive Sehun just like that.

 Idiot turned down my offer for another girl’s and then he drank my coffee. Like hell I’ll forgive him easily.

******************************************************************************

TBC…

Please review :)