Chapter 3

Jealousy Thy Name Is Luhan

A/N: So...here comes the last part. Before you start reading the story, I would like to thank each and every one of you, including all my silent viewers, for giving the story a chance. It has been a pleasure :)

Once again the colored words are Luhan's thoughts.

STORY:

The road from college to home never seemed so long before. But to Luhan, he felt like he had been walking since forever.

After hearing Jae Kyun’s voice from Sehun’s sick room, Luhan decided to leave the two alone.

“May be I wasn’t hot and suffocated back then. May be I was enjoying it. I wouldn’t have come to your room if I knew you would be PMS-ing like this.”

Sehun’s words echoed in his ears. May be Sehun wasn’t simply saying the words to hurt him, maybe he had actually meant it.

Luhan’s mind was filled with so many thoughts that he barely registered that he had been standing in front of their house for a good 15 minutes.

Sighing he entered and removed his shoes tiredly. The adrenaline rush during the game was gone, replaced by deep exhaustion mixed with worry about Sehun.

And along with Sehun, came the thought of Jae Kyun and with that all the anger and jealousy flooded back in. Luhan wanted to blame everything on that girl. That freshman was the cause of everything. Ever since she had transferred to their college in the middle of the year, she had been hogging for Sehun’s attention, many times even interrupting Luhan’s time with Sehun.

Initially Luhan thought it was an honest mistake and Jae Kyun was really innocent but right then when his guilt and jealousy were at war with one another, Luhan wanted to think that Jae Kyun was really the culprit.

The ice cold shower did little to cool down his temper. Plus the fact that neither of his friends bothered to call him to update on Sehun, made him even madder. Luhan the TV and tried not to look at the clock every 5 minutes.

It was almost 9 when a car stopped outside the house. From the sound, Luhan knew it was Kris’ car, so he was surprised to see Lay helping Sehun inside.

Lay had one arm wrapped around Sehun’s waist and one of Sehun’s arms was hanging around Lay’s neck. He was supporting most of Sehun’s weight so that the younger boy wouldn’t have to put any pressure on his injured leg.

Luhan kept his face on but his eyes flickered down to Sehun’s knee which was wrapped in an ace bandage. From where Luhan was seated, it was pretty clear that the knee was swollen and was double its normal size. Sehun had another ace bandage wrapped around his ankle and feet, although that didn’t look too bad. The knee took the brunt of the injury that much was clear to Luhan.

 

He would have helped too but both Lay and Sehun behaved as if he wasn’t even in the room.

“Should I take you to your room?” Lay asked softly to Sehun to which the younger boy shook his head.

“I’ll go later. Want to rest for a while” Sehun replied in an exhausted voice.

“Sehun-ah, you shouldn’t put pressure on the leg right now. Let me take you up” Lay insisted.

“Anniyo Xing hyeung. You don’t have to. Seriously. I would just nap for a while here. Thank you so much” Sehun smiled gratefully.

Luhan watched with furrowed brows as Lay sat Sehun down on the couch and propped the pillows under his injured leg. He smiled softly at the younger boy and ruffled his hair, “You take care, okay? And call me if you need anything. Anything at all”

“I will” Sehun gave his trade mark smile and after hugging the kid, Lay walked towards the door, without a second glance at Luhan.

Did I just lose my boyfriend AND my best friend in one day for that girl? Luhan cursed for the nth time and went after Lay.

“I thought I heard Kris’ car” he commented as Lay was about to go out.

His best friend didn’t look back at him; “You thought right. I’m driving his car” was his curt answer.

Luhan sighed, “Yixing…”

“No, don’t you Yixing me” Lay cut him off, “Every single thing is tolerable within limits and today you have crossed that. I told you not to do anything stupid and you didn’t bother to listen to me. And after everything you couldn’t stay back to bring him home? Were you that mad at him for tutoring a freshman girl that you left your injured boyfriend without even enquiring about his injury? The injury which you inflicted, may I add. Right now I want to punch you so hard, Luhan but I’m only stopping myself for that kid inside the house. I don’t want him upset thinking that his boyfriend and his boyfriend’s best friend are fighting over him”

Luhan stood there opened mouthed, as he watched his best friend get inside his other friend’s car and disappeared into the night. He couldn’t help but blame that too on Jae Kyun.

                                                                                    ***

Luhan walked inside the living room, to find Sehun talking on the phone.

“Don’t worry I’m fine. Really. You worry too much. It’s nothing, I have had worse before. I’ll be fine in a day or two and don’t worry about us” he was saying softly on the phone and Luhan felt the familiar jealousy inside him.

“Was that Lee Jae Kyun on the line?” he asked when Sehun had wrapped up the call.

The younger male gave him an annoyed look, “What if it's her? Why do you care?”

Luhan’s jealousy turned to anger at Sehun’s answer.

“Oh I don’t care. Just wondering if I should leave the house when she comes, you know, to give you two space” he answered back harshly.

Something flashed in Sehun’s eyes, like a mixture of hurt, anger and tiredness. He stared at Luhan for a while, speechless, then sighed and closed his eyes, “I’m exhausted and not in the mood to fight with you. Talk to me when you have sorted your own issues”

Luhan rolled his eyes, “Don’t hold your breath on that” he yelled turning off the lights and taking the stairs to his room.

Sleep was hard to come that night. You would think that after all the drama happening the whole day, Luhan would be exhausted enough to sleep like a baby. But instead he tossed and turned till it was way past midnight. His stomach growled reminding him that he had skipped dinner and Luhan wondered if that brat-hun downstairs had eaten anything.

Luhan would be lying to himself if he said that he wasn’t worried. Hell he was freaked out. Worry and guilt eating up his insides and no matter how much he tried to blame Jae Kyun for it; his logical mind pointed the finger towards him. Once he had calmed down and realized how silly and childish his behavior was, he had come to the conclusion that Jae Kyun wasn’t the witch his angry mind was trying to paint. May be she was innocent or maybe she had a crush on Sehun, but she didn’t cause all the drama that happened between him and Sehun.

Luhan’s heart ached for his younger lover, to see if he was alright, to take care of him and most of all, to make things good between them once again. He hated when they fought and he hated it more when he was mostly responsible for the fight.

 Making up his mind, Luhan got off the bed and room and took the stairs down as quietly as possible, so as not to wake up Sehun, in case the kid was asleep.

The sight before him brought tears to Luhan’s eyes. Sehun was sprawled on the couch, which was short for him, without any blanket. The bandages on his leg were like bullets to Luhan’s heart. I did this. Xing was right, this is all on me.

Luhan bit his lip to stop himself from sobbing as tears of guilt and regret blurred his vision. He went to the guest room to get the blanket from there and draped it over Sehun’s sleeping form.

Sitting on the couch, Luhan gently lifted Sehun’s legs and put them over his lap. He touched the bandage covered areas gently and started to massage Sehun’s feet. The tears rolled down his cheeks and fell on Sehun’s feet but Luhan couldn’t stop them. No matter how much he wiped them off, they still came.

“Why are you crying? I’m not dead, you know” the quiet voice of Sehun startled Luhan but he quickly composed himself.

“Is your knee broken?” Luhan asked back.

“Why?” Sehun the brat never learned to answer a question properly.

“Is it broken?” Luhan asked again, patiently.

“No” Sehun replied.

“Good. ‘Cause if you say ‘I’ and ‘dead’ in the same line again, I’ll break your knee” Luhan threatened, although it sounded like a plea.

There was a short silence, then Sehun laughed, loudly and heartily and the sound was music to Luhan’s ears.

“I missed my Luhoney hyeung so much” Sehun sat up slowly, still smiling.

 

Luhoney hyeung

It was like someone broke the dam in Luhan’s heart. He scooted forward and wrapped his arms around Sehun in a bone crushing hug.

“S-Se-Sehunnie, I’m so-so sorry baby. I’m so very sorry. I swear I didn’t want to hurt you so bad. Believe me, I didn’t. I’m sorry” Luhan hiccupped, holding and rocking Sehun like a little child.

Sehun blinked back tears as he hugged his lover tightly.

“It’s okay hyeung. I know you didn’t mean it, mean anything. I’m sorry I pushed you to the edge so much” he sniffed.

Both of them stayed embraced in each other’s arms for some time, before Sehun broke it.

“Hyeung, there’s nothing going on between Jae Kyun and me. I am only tutoring her and nothing else. Yesterday, I went to have bubble tea with her to celebrate. She scored perfect marks on her subjects. I would never choose her or anybody else over you.” Sehun clarified sincerely.

Luhan wiped his tears, “Yeah yeah I know there is nothing between you two. I guess I knew it all along. I was just mad and blamed it all on you. I’m sorry I ever thought of doubting you.”

Sehun nodded, “It’s alright hyeung. I was being a smart too”

Luhan laughed, “We are two idiots who let some stupid misunderstanding come between us. Let’s forget about it, okay?”

Sehun smiled “I like that idea.” He hugged Luhan and rested his head on the older boy’s shoulder, letting Luhan run his fingers through Sehun’s hair as he hummed a soft song quietly. Sehun was content and happy in the arms of his lover.

“Hyeung” Sehun broke the comfortable silence after a while.

“Hmmm?” Luhan asked, peppering kisses on Sehun’s forehead.

“Did you and Xing hyeung have a nasty fight?” he asked in a small voice.

Luhan sighed; he already missed his best friend.

“It was my fault Sehunnie. But don’t worry about us. I’ll make it up to him”

“Please don’t fight over me” Sehun pleaded like a small child.

Luhan laughed, “Yah, pabo. Yixing and I have been friends since our first day at kindergarten. Our friendship isn’t easy to break. We’ll be okay, I promise”

“Okay” Sehun mumbled softly, as his eyes drooped close under Luhan’s fingers in his hair and soft singing.

Once he was out, Luhan gently carried him upstairs to their room and covered him up properly. Placing a soft kiss on his lips, Luhan took his phone out in the balcony and dialed the familiar number.

If he knew Lay the way he thought he did, then his best friend would surely be up, unable to sleep.

As expected, Lay picked the phone after 4 rings.

“Is Sehun-ah alright?” he asked, first thing.

Luhan felt a little pang in his heart that his best friend asked about his boyfriend before asking about him, but in the next moment he felt genuinely happy knowing that Lay loved Sehun like his little brother.

“Yes he is fine. I took him to our room. He’s sleeping well” Luhan replied back.

There was an awkward silence where both were thinking of what to say.

“Listen I wanted to ---” both of them started at the same time.

They laughed midway.

“Okay, you go first. Your apology will be longer than mine” Lay teased smiling, and Luhan knew that he was already forgiven.

“Xing, I’m sorry” Luhan said softly, knowing that his best friend would not need him to go into every detail and apologize.

“Yeah I know. Me too Lulu.” Lay’s voice was soft and sincere.

Luhan nodded even though his friend could not see him.

“So we good?” he asked after a while.

“Yeah we are golden” Lay smiled, happy to have his best friend back.

“Great. I’ll see you tomorrow then”

“Yeah see ya Lulu”

Luhan smiled feeling a huge weight had been lifted from his heart.

He got back inside the room and got into the covers, wrapping an arm around Sehun’s torso.

“It wasn’t her” Sehun said quietly all of a sudden.

“Huh?” Luhan asked confused.

“The phone call when I came home, it wasn’t her, wasn’t Jae Kyun” Sehun explained.

“I know” Luhan kissed Sehun’s cheek.

“It was Suho hyeung. He called to know how things were between us”

Luhan sighed, “Call them all tomorrow for lunch. I miss them already”

“Okay” Sehun smiled kissing Luhan’s nose, “my jealous lover”

----------------------xx--------------------------xx-------------------------------xx-------------------------------

The End

Thanks once again :) Take care all of you!