First Encounter

My World and His World

 

Cold winds embraced me as the sound of trees sings for me, while the grass tells me that they are always be here for me as I whimpered myself to them. I sigh in relief; at least nature is nice to me. I inhale the fresh breeze before I stands and go home; it’s already eleven forty-eight in the evening as I checked my broken wrist watch, I remember, this was given by my late father, a precious gift from him before he died when I was still twelve years old. I hold it near my heart, a tear fell down from my eyes, as the wind blows again within me telling me that I should go home and there’s another fracas waiting for me at home. I heaved a sigh, “Yes, you are right, I should go home and face it” I lifelessly walk home. My body is in pain, I checked myself looking at my arms and legs, full of bruises and bloods, ‘what’s new about getting these’ I’ve been experiencing these when I entered high school. I’m just an average girl who likes to study and loves the nature so much, technically? I’m a nerd. People around me at my school, can’t even accept me, especially the girls, I caught their attention, they bullied me at school, beat me to death, I know for myself there’s  no use of fighting back.

As I reach our home, check my broken wrist watch, it’s already twelve-thirty, I sigh and I look at our house, I noticed that the lights are still on, after that? I heard bangin’ and cursing people inside, I look at the window, thankfully the curtains are down, I could only see the shadows of two people, I saw my mother throwing something to her second husband. “When will this be over?” I asked myself, I turn around “I had enough of this, there’s no use of entering the house, I had enough of taking all those swearing and those hits” I said as I walk away from our house.

Walking on a empty street in the middle of a sleeping city, my body feels so cold and severe pain from my bruises and wounds than awhile ago, my stomach started to ache, my head started is spinning, I don’t want to go home, I just don’t want it. I slowly look around and to look for someone, but to my disappointment there’s no one around, even cars. I start to walk again, but this time my feet feels so weak to take another step, and it tells me that I should rest for now. I didn’t listen, my eyes sight is getting blurry, my head now hates me, I feel so weak, “Help...” I weakly shout “Please… he—“

“I feel sorry about her hyung”

“Yeah, I saw her in the empty street falling while she holds her head, then, when I check her, she’s really in pain, I got worried and bring her here”

 “She’s full of bruises and blood when you brought her here, I wonder if she got into fight last night? Is she involved with gangs?”

“We should not think of that, this girl, I must say is really in pain, just seeing her face last night I think she’s not involved to any gangs around here”

“I didn’t see anything from her, just herself, there’s no pierced ears and no tatt—“

They stopped their conversation to each other, I heard voices, where am I? I slowly open my eyes, I look around and to see them, wearing a pity smile on me. One-by-one I looked at them, at my right side, there’ this guy, I guess he’s the youngest, I noticed his big black bag around his eyes but I find it cute then beside him, a small eyed man with a Mohawk hairstyle. As I look at my front, I think he is the tallest to them and the eldest, but there is something between his eyes, his cold stare and aura makes me shiver, I look away immediately, I suddenly got shocked, this guys is giving me now a warm smile, the smile that I always want to see and he gave it for me. The last person, he is still wearing the pity smile on his face, he is petite yet looks so strong, and I noticed his hair colour, black and blue. I look at them again, I feel so safe at the moment, and a tear fell down from my eyes, but these tears are not because of pain but because I’m happy that people like them still exist.

They all got shocked seeing me crying my heart out. The guy with a black and blue hair caress my back, it tells me that it’s fine for me to cry, letting this out may help my conditions, I finally broke down, I buried my face to my palm, feeling the tears that is coming out from my eyes and I snuffle to the point that I couldn’t breathe properly, “Are you okay?” he asked me, I didn’t answer, I keep on sobbing, he noticed me already that I can’t breathe properly he then ask “Hyun, get some glass of water” “Huh!? Why me?” he complain “HYUNG!” they all shouted at him, as I heard the door clicked, I look around, they were all worried about me. “What happened to her hyung?” the guy who gave me the warm smile asked the mohawked guy, “I really don’t know Dae.” He stands straight “I think she needs time now, Ji, accompany her alright?” he said as he signaled them, the guy on my right side gave me his handkerchief and go with them, the door opened and the glass of water is handed to this guy and they already left. I am still crying my heart out as he accompany me, “hey drink this first” he said to me with all concerns, I faced him, he hand me the glass of water, I slowly drinks it as my body welcomes it, when did the last time I drink water? Was it yesterday before I got beaten? I almost drink all the water then I heard him chuckles.