Chapter XXIX

Miscalculation

A/n: Only minor ships/characters in this chapter. The first part (featuring Suchen) takes place a month before present day (in the story it's November but this part takes place in October). The rest is present day. Enjoy!

Jongdae had a habit of sending very vague messages to Joonmyun and expecting him to understand what they meant. This often resulted in Joonmyun having to research the one or two words that didn’t relate to anything, and hoping Google would bring up something in Korea and not in America. (This happened a lot.) Jongdae evidently knew a lot more about Korea than Joonmyun did, because he spent a lot of time wandering through the city, while Joonmyun tended to stay at home. They met a lot at the café, Anthracite. Otherwise, they of course saw each other at school and work.

Jongdae enjoyed confusing Joonmyun, seeing the boy arrive wherever he sent him, always looking flustered but at least slightly relieved to have finally found Jongdae. When they were both wherever it was – various stores selling weird clothing or strange items, areas in Chinatown, and lots of restaurants, always crazily themed restaurants – they would take part in window shopping, eat meals that they would argue – every time – over who would pay for it. Jongdae won out most of the time, because he was so good at persuasion and just generally good with words, while Joonmyun got tripped up over himself frequently. (That wasn’t entirely his fault, though. It wasn’t like Jongdae was the one harbouring three years of crushing on him. Jongdae wasn’t still freaked out by it every time they decided to get together.)

On one of these dates (Joonmyun thought of them as dates, even if they were more sort of like friendly gathering sort of things), at a library-themed café, the argument came about as usual. In that setting, however, they had to keep their voices down because it was a place people really did go to study.

“I tell you this every time – I invited you out, so you shouldn’t be obligated to pay,” Jongdae said.

“Yes, well I’m the oldest here,” Joonmyun argued firmly. Jongdae’s seemingly permanent amused smile grew wider. He loved watching Joonmyun fight. And he never suggested that they just pay for themselves – it was more fun this way. The older bit his lip – he always did when he thought he might be overstepping – and it stirred something in Jongdae. He wasn’t sure why Joonmyun was so cautious, but he thought that the other might have feelings for him. Jongdae had thought about this a fair bit, and this was the conclusion he’d decided made the most sense. Maybe he was wrong.

Jongdae wasn’t really one known for having patience. He didn’t handle curiosity well. But he always forced himself to take things slowly, even if it killed him. However, once he had something in his head, he tended to zero in on whatever that was. If he set a goal, he was determined to accomplish it. And Jongdae had a goal now. He’d had it for a while, a few weeks maybe. But it required observation and confirmation first, so he’d observed. He hadn’t confirmed yet, but he didn’t have time for that. Not when Joonmyun was doing his nervous lip-bite thing and his eyes were clearly searching Jongdae’s for a sign that he hadn’t overdone it. So Jongdae made up his mind; his time to act was now.

He moved quickly, grabbing hold of Joonmyun’s shoulders and pushing him back against the back of the booth, barely having time to savour the look of shock on the other’s face as he slanted their mouths together. Joonmyun made a weak noise of surprise, but didn’t stop Jongdae. And Jongdae might have stayed there too long. He might have gotten lost in the feeling, if just for a moment. His lips had kissed many others since Minseok’s. But since the last time he’d kissed his ex-boyfriend who now had a fiancé, he hadn’t once gotten the high that Minseok gave him. Sure, making out and having was still enjoyable; but with Minseok it had been really, really nice. And kissing Joonmyun felt nice. It didn’t feel like Minseok, but it felt like something. At that moment, he resolved that liking Kim Joonmyun was something that he could probably do.

When he pulled away, he thoroughly liked how utterly muddled Joonmyun was. The guy was borderline-panicking. “How about this,” Jongdae suggested smoothly, taking advantage of Joonmyun’s undoubtedly flurried mental state. “I pay for this, and you pay for your ticket to go to Europe with me.” Joonmyun blinked, not comprehending. “The school trip,” Jongdae explained. “I’m going; go with me.”

“I like you,” Joonmyun blurted, and Jongdae had a feeling he hadn’t heard any part of his proposal.

“I thought so,” Jongdae said slyly. “Then you’ll go, right?”

“You just – and now – Europe?” Finally, he seemed to clue in. “That trip… isn’t the payment due-”

“Tomorrow, yeah. I can talk to them, get you an extension.” Jongdae hadn’t moved away, crowding Joonmyun’s space and seeming to cloud his determination. Jongdae was aware of this, and so he stayed close, watching as the boy his lips nervously.

“It’s – it’s expensive, though. Isn’t it?” Joonmyun questioned.

“Less than two million won,” Jongdae confirmed. “Could you get that? Your family is pretty rich, from what you’ve said.”

“I can’t just… why? Why do you want me to go?”

“It seems like a good idea,” Jongdae shrugged. Always with the vague responses.

Joonmyun shook his head in attempt to find clarity. “I won’t be able to, Jongdae. Couldn’t you have asked this like, a couple months ago?”

“I didn’t think about it a couple months ago,” Jongdae said. “Try and get something, and then promise to do lots of chores or something to get the rest later.” When Joonmyun gave a sigh and nodded, Jongdae finally moved out of his space. “Let’s go, then,” he added, taking out his wallet and dropping a couple bills on the table. He slid out of the booth, and Joonmyun followed, Jongdae taking his hand casually as if nothing had happened between them.

Joonmyun’s heart was still trying to calm itself down, and it felt like fluffy caterpillars were crawling through his stomach and chest. He didn’t speak, piecing together the situation he had just found himself in, in an attempt to understand what had happened. He knew Jongdae was spontaneous, impulsive, and seemingly random, never sharing whatever thought process he had, if there was one. But the boy had never gone so far as to display physical affection – at least, not towards Joonmyun. His means of persuasion usually were just verbal, or being cute (which was probably 100% effective). Jongdae had kissed him, though, long enough to make Joonmyun’s head spin, jumbling all of his thoughts and making him temporarily lose his mind. And for what? Had Jongdae only done it to convince him to go to Europe, on a whim he’d suddenly had?

He’d said he’d known Joonmyun liked him, but what did that mean? Was he using Joonmyun to toy with, the way Minseok had with Jongdae? Did he like Joonmyun back or not? Would the topic ever be brought up again? The boy certainly had a good way of driving Joonmyun insane. Joonmyun had a million questions now, and he didn’t know if he was supposed to ask or just pretend it never happened. Why was Jongdae so frustratingly confusing?

Jongdae walked Joonmyun home, a habit he was in now. He held Joonmyun’s hand, swinging their arms slightly sometimes, and for once not speaking. He could tell Joonmyun was lost in thought, which made Joonmyun slightly embarrassed because they both knew what he was thinking about – what else would it be? Jongdae just let him brew it over, still not having spoken when they arrived at Joonmyun’s house. They were wordless as they walked up to the door, and then Joonmyun started feeling pressure on him to say something first for once. But when he turned to face Jongdae, say goodnight or something, he met Jongdae’s eyes and all he could think was how much he wanted to kiss him again. Am I allowed to do that?

“Talk to your parents tonight,” Jongdae said finally, and Joonmyun realized he’d missed his chance. Even Jongdae looked a bit disappointed at Joonmyun’s lack of action. “Ask for the money – at least some of it. Come find me tomorrow morning and we’ll get you a ticket, okay?”

Joonmyun felt less certain than Jongdae sounded. “What if it doesn’t work out?” he asked, but Jongdae just gave a signature shrug, smiling.

“You’ll never find out if you don’t try.”

Joonmyun had trouble getting money out of his parents. As Jongdae had said, he was from a wealthy family, but he’d been brought up not to just ask for something at last minute’s notice. It required a lot of begging, and explaining that it was Jongdae’s idea and Jongdae who wanted him to go. At the mention of his long-time crush’s name, his parents seemed to falter a bit. They knew about Jongdae; they’d heard about him when Joonmyun had first started liking him, although he only mentioned his crush once. But they remembered. The next time he’d brought it up was two years later, when one of his closest friends, Minseok, had started dating Jongdae. Isn’t that the boy you like? His mother had asked. Nothing more was said about him until Joonmyun had started working with Jongdae, and then they’d started hanging out together. Now, his parents were familiar with their son going out with Jongdae, although they hadn’t met him yet. So at the idea of the boy inviting Joonmyun to Europe, their arguing weakened. In the end, they gave him five-hundred thousand won for a down payment, and agreed to discuss how Joonmyun could earn the rest later.

Five-hundred thousand won. That was less than a third of the trip cost. He sighed, contemplating his options, and then texted Jongdae.

“Do you think 750,000₩ will be okay? It’s all I have.” It wasn’t quite true. He had a little over a million won saved up since he’d started his job over the summer, but that was for university. Reluctantly, he planned on taking out two-hundred and fifty thousand from that to add to what his parents had given him. He really didn’t want to be touching that money; but he really wanted to go on this trip. For one thing, Jongdae had asked him. To get to spend a week with Jongdae would be incredible. And also, Joonmyun thought it would be really exciting to go to Europe.

A few minutes later, Jongdae responded to him. “That should be good.”

Joonmyun went to bed hoping the boy was right.

The next morning he arrived at the school early, and went to the office to give in the money. Jongdae was already there, looking sleepy but somehow still alert, like someone who hadn’t slept but had drank lots of coffee. This was how he always was in the morning, and Joonmyun still didn’t know why.

“Kim Joonmyun?” the teacher standing with Jongdae asked. Joonmyun nodded, and she smiled. “Jongdae was just talking to me about you wanting to go on the Europe trip.”

“Yes,” he said meekly. He pulled his wallet from his pocket. “I brought my money. I’ll get the rest in before the trip, I promise.” She gave him a nod and another smile, and soon his money was exchanged for a trip form, to be signed and returned immediately. Then he and Jongdae were dismissed. It had been so easy.

Jongdae’s smile was far too innocent as they walked down the hallway.

“What did you say to her?” Joonmyun asked him. Jongdae raised an eyebrow curiously. “Don’t give me that look, I know you said something. She wouldn’t have just let me off that easily. The whole payment was due by today. I didn’t even get half of it, and she didn’t say a word.”

“Who says I had anything to do with that? Mrs. Han is pretty relaxed about these things.”

Joonmyun didn’t believe him.

Jongdae got to the school half an hour before classes started, hoping Joonmyun wouldn’t already be there. He wasn’t, and Jongdae immediately went to search for Mrs. Han. She was in the office, talking to another teacher, no doubt waiting for people to bring in their trip money. She noticed Jongdae and gave a wave.

“Good morning, Jongdae,” she said warmly. “You’re not bringing in money for me, are you?” Jongdae shook his head. “You’ve already paid everything, yes. I thought so.”

“Yes, sunsaengnim,” Jongdae said politely. “I was actually wanting to talk to you about the trip.”

“You’re not bailing out, are you?”

“No,” he assured her. “But, last night I asked a friend of mine if he would go on the trip, and I was wondering if you could give him an extension for paying the fee. I know it’s sort of troublesome, but he’s got half of the money now, and he’s trustworthy. You might know him, Kim Joonmyun?” Mrs. Han’s brow furrowed, and then she nodded slowly. “He’s a good kid. It’s my fault he’ll be late on the payment. But it would really mean a lot to me if you would let him.” His voice became meltingly sweet, irresistibly persuasive. “I’m sure he could have the rest of it in within the next couple of weeks. I wouldn’t even be asking, but I know there was still a couple spots open, so I just thought I could help try and fill one. And I know you have a really wonderful heart, Mrs. Han, so would you maybe be willing to make an exception for me?”

Mrs. Han smiled. “I know what you’re doing, Kim Jongdae. Do you think it’s really going to work on me?” Jongdae kept his eyes wide, biting back a smirk and keeping a childishly innocent mask of features. “But you’re right about the open spots. There’s only a couple, but the school does need to fill them. So I suppose your friend may come, if he has the first half of the payment today.”

Jongdae nodded fervently. “He does. Well, actually… He has seven-hundred and fifty thousand, but I have the other one-fifty to bring it up to nine-hundred.” Jongdae brandished a couple bills, holding them out to her. “But please don’t tell him. He won’t accept money from me. Just… when he gives his last payment, tell him he already paid that amount.”

Mrs. Han shook her head, sighing. “You’re so odd, Jongdae.” But she took the bills. “Do you expect him to be here soon?”

“Probably.”

“I’ll go get him a form then, and put this-” She held up the money he’d given her. “Somewhere safe.”

“                                                                                                                         

Luhan woke up to someone shaking his arm, his heart pounding. As soon as his eyes opened, the person stopped and retreated. Luhan sighed.

“You were doing it again,” his roommate muttered, slinking into his own bed. “Thrashing and crying.” Luhan rolled onto his side, back to the other boy, trying to go back to sleep and not think about his dreams. “Why do you cry, when you sleep I mean? You’re never sad when you’re awake.”

“I have bad dreams,” Luhan mumbled, wiping at the wetness around his eyes.

“People who do bad things have bad dreams,” his roommate noted.

“I broke someone’s heart,” Luhan told him. “And it haunts me, because I don’t think they’re over it, even now, and it makes me feel guilty because I ruined his life… I just want him to be happy, to be like he used to be before I broke him. It’s my fault he’s hurting. And if he never moves on… How am I supposed to live with that?”

“I’m not a therapist,” his roommate said. “I dunno what to tell you. What about your boyfriend?”

“Minseok and his ex get along really well,” Luhan said sadly. “They still talk and are friends and everything. His ex even is seeing someone, I think.”

“Yeah, but I meant, shouldn’t you be worried about your boyfriend, instead of your ex? Unless you still have feelings for him.”

“I don’t. Like, I love him, but he was like a little brother to me, and I still see him that way. So seeing him hurting so much after so long, when it’s my fault…”

“Does your new boyfriend know about this?” his roommate asked.

“He knows, but… I don’t talk to him about it, because I don’t want to bother him with it. I’ve already hurt one person, I don’t want to bring down another…”

Luhan dreamt of looking in the mirror, seeing himself in a tuxedo, hair styled elegantly, looking nervous and excited. This was an important day, he could just tell. What indeed was he so dressed up for?

He opened the door beside him, and he was looking down the aisle of a church. On either side, people dressed up just as nicely as him filled the pews, although he couldn’t focus on any faces. Somehow, he knew his parents were in the crowd. Instinctively, he began walking down the aisle, up to the altar, and then he noticed Minseok already there, in a suit of his own, looking perfect. Luhan’s heart leapt excitedly at the sight of him, and he felt a smile spreading over his face. Minseok mimicked the smile, and then Luhan caught sight of a man beside his fiancé – a pastor, he thought.

Luhan’s eyes widened and he tripped on his feet a little as he realized where he was. At his own wedding. His heart stuttered, and he couldn’t believe it. It seemed so crazy. But he was thrilled, and had to refrain from running to close the space between him and his soon-to-be husband. Finally, he reached the altar, and he was absolutely buzzing with joy. This was the most amazing day he’d ever experienced.

The pastor went through lines, and they all blurred together in Luhan’s mind, until he and Minseok were exchanging rings and “I do”s, and Luhan was nearly bouncing on his toes to get to kiss the boy in front of him. But as he did so, there was a cry, and as it rang out, everyone looked up to the balcony at the back of the church. Luhan squinted, and recognized Sehun standing up there, alone. He was clearly upset.

“How could you do this?” he accused, staring at Luhan, tears streaming down his face. Luhan noticed his attire to be strange – a suit, like Luhan and Minseok and the other male guests in the room – but instead of a tie, he had an odd necklace on.

“I’m sorry, Sehun!” Luhan called to him. “I’m sorry…”

Sehun shook his head, mouthing Not good enough, and then threw himself over the balcony. Luhan’s ears were filled with screams, the loudest being his own. But Sehun never hit the ground, his body suspended in the air, and Luhan realized what the necklace was – not a necklace at all, but a rope.

Luhan was yelling, crying, unable to look away. He saw someone standing under the boy’s hanging body, and thought he recognized the person, but he just didn’t know. Minseok tried to comfort him, but it didn’t matter.

“I did this,” he sobbed. “I did this…”

“Maybe you should reconcile with the other guy, then,” his roommate was suggesting. Luhan shook his head, even though the other couldn’t see him.

“He doesn’t want anything to do with me.”

“Well then, he’s got to figure it out for himself, I’d say. He’s young, right? I’m sure he’ll move on and bounce back sooner or later. I wouldn’t get too hung up on it.”

Luhan didn’t appreciate his choice of words.

Good morning, Sehun-ah. Are you still mad at me today?”

Sehun scowled at his phone, before typing a short “Yes”. As with the past few days, Yixing responded a moment later.

Okay. I’ll keep waiting.”

Why did he even bother? It was just frustrating. But Sehun supposed he would give up eventually, or maybe he would forgive him. He really had been starting to like Yixing, and then Luhan had gone and messed that up again. Stupid Luhan and his engagement. How was that even fair? Sehun had at least expected Jongdae to react the same way he had, but Jongdae had seemed perfectly fine with it. Clearly, he hadn’t loved Minseok the way Sehun loved Luhan.

But then, why would anyone love Minseok? Why would Luhan love him? He could do so much better, and yet he just settled for that stupid guy. As if Minseok even loved him that much. He’d purposely gone and hooked up with Jongdae to hurt Luhan. Seriously, Luhan had to be blind.

Sehun rolled his eyes, sticking his phone in his pocket. Stupid, everyone was stupid. Yixing was stupid for texting him when Sehun clearly didn’t want to talk to him, and for making Sehun think about Luhan and his stupid fiancé. He didn’t need this.

At least Kyungsoo wasn’t stupid. Mostly. That’s why Sehun liked Kyungsoo, because he didn’t make life complicated. Until Jongin had come along, and now Kyungsoo brought up drama all the time, intentionally or otherwise. But then Sehun had met Yixing, who also didn’t have any drama. And he actually listened to all of Sehun’s crap.

Why did he have to go and screw everything up? Why was Yixing trying to replace Luhan? Maybe he hadn’t listened to Sehun as well as he’d thought. Sehun decided that there was no way to avoid people . They all just , always.

But Yixing the least.

When Sehun got on the bus, he was still slightly pouty, and Kyungsoo got on a moment later, frowning at the sight. As he slid into their seat, he said, “I don’t wanna hear about your problems.”

“You never want to hear about my problems,” Sehun reminded him.

“Exactly, so take a hint.”

Sehun didn’t want to argue with him for once, and then Key got on the bus, sitting in front of them.

“Hey grumpy,” he said to Kyungsoo. “Hey Sehun. You both look moody this morning, and I’m pegging it to boy troubles for the pair of you.”

“Probably,” Kyungsoo sighed. “Sehun is still fighting with Yixing, for whatever reason.”

“Ah,” Key nodded. “Well, if you ever listened to what we talk about at lunch, it’s because Sehun can’t get over himself.”

“That’s not true!” Sehun cut in.

“It sounds pretty accurate,” Kyungsoo agreed however.

“Whatever, screw you guys,” Sehun muttered, looking out the window. The next stop was Yixing’s, and he got on the looking very determined. He headed to their group, sitting down beside Key.

“Hey, Yixing,” Key said, slightly surprised.

“Good morning,” Yixing said, eyes on Sehun. “Good morning, Sehun.” Sehun didn’t look his way. Kyungsoo elbowed him, but they were still ignored. Yixing turned to Kyungsoo. “Would you mind switching seats with me?” he asked.

“Don’t even dare,” Sehun warned, eyes still focused out the window. But Kyungsoo agreed, getting up and quickly switching the older places. “I hate you, Do Kyungsoo.” Kyungsoo just pressed into Key comfortably.

“Sehun,” Yixing began, not sounding the least bit nervous. “I’m aware that you’re ignoring me, but you’re still listening, so I’ll just give my speech and go. This was practiced,” he added, and Sehun could hear the smile in his voice. He couldn’t even imagine Yixing practicing a speech to deliver, just sitting in his room, writing lines and scratching them out, saying them out loud and shaking his head, repeating it all over and over. It wasn’t like the boy at all.

“I’ll start with apologizing for my forwardness the other day,” Yixing continued. “I realize it was ill-timed to act like that, when you had just been confronted with Luhan. I am aware of how you are around him, and the effect he has on you. So I’m sorry for that. I don’t regret doing it, only doing it at that time. However, I did mean everything I told you, and I still like you and will continue to patiently wait for you. Also, if I forced words into your mouth, suggesting that you like me when you don’t, then I’m sorry about that too.”

Yixing took a deep breath, then went on. “I’m not really in the habit of liking people the way I like you; I think I’ve told you this before. Also, I don’t think people often like me either, not that I really mind. I do think, though, if I had better timing, I might have been able to have built up to a relationship with you that I’ve been wanting for a while now. Not that I’m blaming Luhan for anything, although I wish for your sake he hadn’t hurt you the way he did. But he did, and I waited until I did, which is what I have to accept, as do you.

“And I do. On the other hand, I find it difficult to accept that I’m losing my chance with you because you’re unwilling to move on from a boy who is now engaged. I don’t know what your plan is, I mean, when he gets married. Are you just going to sit and hope he’ll divorce Minseok? I’m sorry, I was trying not to be tactless. I think you know how bad I am at that. I’m just saying that waiting might not be in your best interest anymore. All you’ve ever done is wait – wait for him to notice you, give you a chance, and now for him to come back. I would be happy to tell you if I thought he was going to, but I don’t think he’s looking back, unfortunately.

“You keep waiting for him, and I’m doing the same waiting for you, so maybe I shouldn’t tell you what to do. But I’m not quite as… optimistic? I suppose, not like you. I won’t keep waiting. And I guess if I give up, that just means I was never meant for you anyway.” Yixing paused to give a quiet sigh. “I suppose that’s how these things work, but the thought makes me feel pain in my chest for some reason. But I’m sure that pain won’t last forever. And I hope, if you feel like this about Luhan, that it will go away for you too.

“I’m getting away from what I had originally planned to say,” Yixing said, voice sounding heavy because Sehun still hadn’t looked his way, or even acknowledged him. “I just wanted to say… I’m just going to go, then, Sehun.” He coughed, trying to clear the lump that had inexplicably built in his throat. It didn’t go away. “I shouldn’t have bothered. Not that I regret bothering. I’ve learned a lot, I think. I’ll… Thanks for your time, Sehun. I’ve been happy spending time with you, so I’ll keep those memories. I wish I could hope for things to work out with Luhan, but I’d be lying to you and myself. So I hope you find someone who can successfully take the pain he left you with away.”

In the next seat, Key was holding back tears, Kyungsoo holding back laughter because of it. But even he felt saddened by Yixing’s words. Meanwhile, Yixing was hesitating, unsure of how to close this.

“I’ll go then, Sehun-ah.” He swallowed thickly, standing up and bowing slightly before making his way back to his usual seat. Sehun didn’t move, didn’t react to his departure. Key shook his head.

“I think I need to go date him,” he mumbled to Kyungsoo, and Kyungsoo patted his arm. “Seriously. He might be the most loving… There’s something wrong with your friends, Kyungsoo.”

“Yeah,” Kyungsoo nodded. “They’re friends with me.”

Sehun didn’t cry. He didn’t feel like crying. He felt like doing nothing. Maybe yelling at anyone who looked at him. Yixing had just left. He hadn’t even gotten angry or anything. He’d just told Sehun to get over Luhan, and move on, but that Yixing was leaving. Who was Sehun supposed to be moving on to then? He didn’t even make any sense. He’d just made Sehun feel guilty for something that wasn’t his fault. Like, it had been Yixing’s decision to like Sehun; it wasn’t his fault that he liked someone else. Why was Yixing just expecting him to move on?

“You know,” Key said, turning to Sehun. “I think Beyoncé is a babe, but she’s married. And I’m not putting myself off limits to everyone else for it. And, seriously, I’ve had lots of crushes and relationships, and I’ve moved on from all of them. Even when I was totally heartbroken. You’re not even an adult yet. You can’t give up just because your first relationship didn’t work out.”

“I didn’t ask,” Sehun said coldly. Key shared a look with Kyungsoo, before shrugging and turning back around.

It’s been months. Luhan has shown no sign of wanting to get back with you. You haven’t even talked since, what, March? That’s like eight months. He’s got a fiancé now. His relationship with Minseok is progressing, and yours is long done for him. He never even loved you in the first place. He said he did. Even if he did, he doesn’t now. If anything, he probably just feels guilty when he sees you because you’re so pathetic and haven’t even gotten over him. You have someone who actually likes you, with no obligations. He just likes you because he likes you. And you’ve considered it, and you like him back. You just keep holding on to Luhan. You let Yixing go right now, and then what? The next one to come along, you turn down too? You’re gonna die before Luhan moves on. And even if he did break it off with Minseok, why would he go to you? It’s not like he ever had those feelings for you before. It’s not going to change. You were never his type.

Think about what you’re telling yourself. You tell yourself it’s not your fault for liking someone, yet you blame Luhan for liking Minseok? You don’t think you have to move on, but Luhan should have to for you? Everything’s not just going to work for you like that. But things could be good for you. You have someone who makes you happy. Even if you didn’t have feelings for him before you met, you’ve grown those feelings. Maybe he’s not Luhan, or Beyoncé. You never had a shot with Beyoncé, and really, you never had one with Luhan either. But you should be happy that Luhan is happy, and let yourself be happy too. Yixing isn’t going to rush anything, you know it. But don’t you think you could love him one day?

Sehun looked around, seeing Yixing sitting motionlessly in his seat. He nodded to himself, and stood, making his way to the front of the bus. Yixing didn’t see him approaching, leaning his head on the window and staring out it sadly. Sehun took a deep breath to gather himself, and then sat down beside the other, heart beating fretfully. Yixing looked up at the feeling of the seat moving, and inhaled sharply. Without a word, Sehun wrapped his arms around the other and just held him there for a moment.

“Alright,” he sighed finally. “You made your point. I can’t make any promises, but I’ll try. I mean, lots of people want to marry Beyoncé, but they’re not Jay-Z. I don’t really like Beyoncé that much anyway. Key does, apparently, but I don’t care who he likes.”

“I have no idea what you’re talking about,” Yixing said, Sehun not letting go. Sehun laughed.

“I don’t want to keep you waiting, is what I’m saying,” he clarified. “Screw Luhan, is also what I’m saying.”

“I’d rather screw you.”

Sehun pulled back, shocked, and Yixing smiled innocently. He wasn’t sure if Yixing was joking or not; but then, he could never tell with him. And he didn’t really mind.

“You’re so… Maybe one day.”

A/n: Cute Jongdae. Plus sad Luhan. He just wants Sehun to be happy. And now Sehun might finally get to be? He has finally accepted Yixing. Everyone is slowly becoming happy (now Jongin, make your move and make your boyfriend happy again too!).

This story is almost over, can you believe it? This is chapter 36. I think it will be over by 40. I've been writing this for four and a half months, its weird to think it's going to end soon. Wow. Thank you to the billion subs I have, like wow there's so many of you, I still can't believe it. Thank you all of you for going on this journey with me. It will be sad to see it end. But stories never really end, do they? *Cheesy, so cheesy*