Chapter XXIII

Miscalculation

“Happy anniversary!”

Baekhyun’s eyes opened to see Chanyeol hovering over him, a dopey grin on his face.

“Hmmm..?”

“Hyung, it’s the last day of August!” Chanyeol whined, still smiling.

“So?” Baekhyun grumbled. He wasn’t used to Chanyeol waking him up, because Chanyeol was even less of a morning person than he was. But Chanyeol knew Baekhyun was grumpy when he first woke up, and extremely incoherent for the first couple minutes. Once he knew what was going on, he was fine, but just waking up, Chanyeol knew better than to bother him. Except usually Chanyeol was still asleep when Baekhyun got up, so this normally wasn’t a problem. Apparently Chanyeol had woken up early today.

“Baek, wake up,” Chanyeol chuckled, and Baekhyun pulled him down to press their lips together. “It’s your anniversary.”

My anniversary?”

“It’s been three years, Baek. Only two to go.”

Oh. His anniversary. “You remembered?”

“I always remember, Baek,” Chanyeol smiled. “And I’ve made plans for us, to celebrate.”

“Again?”

Chanyeol rolled his eyes teasingly. “Honestly, hyung, I’m not going to just stop. You don’t stop doing things on your wedding anniversaries after a few years.”

“This isn’t quite the same.”

“No, it’s more important. Three years ago… they said you were gonna live. It’s the most important day in the world.”

Baekhyun Chanyeol’s face, brushing the frown lines away from his eyes. “I don’t wanna talk about it, ‘Yeol. Let’s go celebrate, okay?”

Chanyeol’s grin returned, and he pulled Baekhyun to sit up, blankets falling off of him. Baekhyun kicked them off the rest of the way with his good leg, sighing at the sight of his casted left leg. In a few weeks, he should be able to have the stupid thing removed. It had been a drag all summer and though Chanyeol jokingly complained and said he didn’t really mind, Baekhyun knew it was having its effects on him and their relationship too. He did feel really guilty about it, but he was glad to have Chanyeol there anyway, because Baekhyun was undeniably selfish when it came to Park Chanyeol.

Chanyeol’s patience was wonderful. He took Baekhyun out for breakfast, where they ate delicious kimchijeon,  and then they walked around the mall – but soon Baekhyun’s arms were exhausted from the effort of using his crutches, and Chanyeol picked him up and carried him on his back, making Baekhyun feel like a child. Chanyeol held on to his crutches and they wandered around into Baekhyun’s favourite stores – into the music store, where Chanyeol bought him a new album that he knew Baekhyun had wanted for a long time but hadn’t been able to afford. Then they headed out to a nearby video arcade, which Baekhyun loved, although his favourite thing was how bad Chanyeol was at the games they played. He always claimed he was letting Baekhyun win, but really, he just . Baekhyun adored it.

When Chanyeol was tired of losing, Baekhyun thought it was the end of the day for them, but no. Chanyeol had more in mind. After Chanyeol bought them dinner – and Baekhyun was starting to feel bad because Chanyeol was spending a lot of money today; he always went overboard on things like this for Baekhyun – he took them to one more place. A noraebang.

“Are you gonna sing, ‘Yeollie?” Baekhyun laughed.

“Keep dreaming.” Chanyeol poked him in the side. They booked their own little room, and Baekhyun grabbed a mic, scrolling through songs until he found one he really liked. Chanyeol cheered him on, and then called for an encore. A few songs in, Baekhyun held out the mic for Chanyeol, and Chanyeol shook his head, grinning.

“Come on, ‘Yeollie! Sing for me!” Baekhyun gave him a pout, pulling himself onto Chanyeol’s lap. “Please.” He dragged out the word, giving Chanyeol his most innocent, longing stare. Chanyeol frowned, taking the microphone out of his hand.

One song,” he said firmly. Baekhyun clapped his hands.

Chanyeol went through the list of songs, and selected one that surprised Baekhyun. “Really?” He wondered.

“What? I like this song.”

A smile pulled at Baekhyun’s lips. “I showed you that song.”

“I know,” Chanyeol said casually. “I like it. It reminds me of you.” Before Baekhyun could ask, he added. “I looked up the lyrics. I know what it means. It’s… how much I love you, in the words I don’t know how to say.”

Baekhyun chuckled. “How did I end up with the cheesiest person ever as my best friend?” It made Chanyeol pout, but Baekhyun quickly pulled him in to kiss it away. “Sing for me now. Please.”

“This will never happen again,” Chanyeol promised. “Only today.”

“And next year,” Baekhyun noted. “Remember, anniversaries are every year. And maybe on my birthday too. You know what, I think I’m gonna make you sing for me all the time. Valentines, Christmas, Hangul Day, Pepero Day-”

“Yah, Baek!” Chanyeol was pouting again. “You’ll change your mind in a minute.”

“I’ve heard you sing before, you’re not bad!”

“I really am.”

“Just sing.”

He sighed, and let the song play, singing the lyrics quietly as they popped up on screen. Baekhyun told him to sing louder, and he brought his voice up a bit, pulling himself closer to Baekhyun to sing in his ear. Baekhyun giggled at Chanyeol’s breath tickling his ear, low voice humming the words in the language they didn’t understand but knew anyway. Baekhyun joined in quietly, harmonizing over Chanyeol, and smiled, because he liked that they sounded so good together. When the song ended, Chanyeol’s brow was furrowed.

“You weren’t supposed to outshine me,” he said. “I was supposed to be singing for you.”

“Well, you were good,” Baekhyun smiled. “You’re always good.”

“Mhm.”

They stayed for a few more songs, and Chanyeol sang along with his soft, low voice. Then Chanyeol was pulling Baekhyun along – this time, to Chanyeol’s house.

“Home sweet home,” Baekhyun said happily. “Today was fun.” He kicked off his shoe, and began to head towards their – er, Chanyeol’s – room. (Baekhyun knew Chanyeol’s room as well as he did his own; It might as well have been his.)

“It’s not over,” Chanyeol called, still in the hallway. “Slow down my disabled hyung!”

“Hurry up! Nothing’s ailing you,” Baekhyun returned.

“Yeah, yeah, give me a second.”

Baekhyun gimped his way into Chanyeol’s bedroom, throwing his crutches down at the end of the bed and falling onto it comfortably. He tugged off his over shirt, too hot in the end-of-summer weather after having been out and about all day. Chanyeol came in a moment later, something in his hand. Baekhyun was pulling off his sweatpants at this point, and Chanyeol gave a groan at the sight.

“Don’t start without me,” Chanyeol teased, dropping the can in his hand on the bed and helping Baekhyun pull his pants over the awkward cast.

“What do you have?” Baekhyun was peeking around the larger boy at the item he’d brought in with him, but he couldn’t tell what it was. A bright yellow can – of what?

Chanyeol gave a grin, tossing Baekhyun’s pants away and picking up the can and holding it in Baekhyun’s view. “Really, Chanyeol?” Baekhyun smirked. “That’s going to be messy.” Chanyeol shook the can, popped the lid, and sprayed some of its contents into his mouth. He swallowed it, held it out to Baekhyun.

“You know this is gonna look bad, if your parents come in.”

“They’re not even home tonight.”

“If we get this anywhere – which we will – it’s gonna look… Chanyeol, it’s whip cream, it looks, you know… suspicious.”

“Would you rather not use it then?” Chanyeol began to put it aside, and Baekhyun grabbed it, grinning. In a moment, he had pulled off his shirt and drawn a line of white down his chest.

“Let’s just clean this all up okay? Not leave a mess on the bed.”

Chanyeol scooped down and the whip cream off of him, before giving him a sugary kiss. “What about other messes?” Chanyeol murmured.

“You’ll clean those up to,” Baekhyun said roughly. He quickly became forceful, and soon Chanyeol’s shirt was off, and Baekhyun forced him under him. They soon gave up on their efforts not to make a mess.

A while later, and far stickier than usual because of the now-empty can of whip cream, Baekhyun found himself chuckling in his bliss.

“Happy anniversary,” Chanyeol whispered. “So much for not making a mess.”

“Your room,” Baekhyun reminded him. “Your problem.”

“It’s your room too,” Chanyeol smiled against his hair.

“I’m not cleaning it up,” Baekhyun argued lightly. “And just because I’m here as much as you doesn’t mean this is my room.”

“Mi casa su casa, or whatever. One day, we’re gonna live together, and we’ll share everything. We do now.”

Baekhyun pressed into him. “Go to sleep, ‘Yeol. You’re starting to talk like a crazy person.”

“We will! Don’t you want to live with me, Byun Baekhyun? Don’t you want to be stuck with me forever?”

“Yes, of course,” Baekhyun muttered into Chanyeol’s shoulder.

“Good, because you’ll have to be. No one else is allowed to touch my hyung.”

“What if I want them to?”

“Too bad.” Baekhyun laughed, glancing up at Chanyeol’s amused eyes. “But if you wanted that, I guess I’d let you go.”

“You wouldn’t even fight for me?”

“Not if it would hurt you,” Chanyeol answered plainly.

“Well you’re a terrible boyfriend,” Baekhyun .

“I’m not your boyfriend,” Chanyeol objected.

Soul mate, then.”

“Ew, that’s even worse.”

“Well, what are you then? What are we?”

“I’m Chanyeol. You’re Baekhyun. My Baekhyun.”

Baekhyun smiled. “Okay. You’re my Chanyeol then.”

Starting to feel grossed out by their conversation, Chanyeol laughed. “Alright. I love you, but I can’t deal with this. I feel like I’m gonna throw up.”

“Yah! Put up with how cheesily in love with you I am. You must endure, Park Chanyeol.” He pecked a kiss on Chanyeol’s mouth. “Besides, you started this. You’re the one who’s all gross and lovey-dovey. You had to celebrate today.”

“Meh, this is what you signed up for,” Chanyeol said.

“It’s worth it, I guess. Love you, ‘Yeol.”

“Love you too, Baek.”

Kyungsoo was sweating, wrapped up in his blanket and his boyfriend’s arms. Boyfriend. Kyungsoo wasn’t getting over that any time soon.

Nothing had really changed between him and Jongin. They hadn’t become any more lovey-dovey, there were no long-lasting, starry-eyed gazes (well, maybe occasionally from Jongin, but he had always done that), Kyungsoo never said those three words again (Jongin did, but that was nothing new). They were just the way they had always been – Kyungsoo was regaining his annoyance towards everything; it seemed like his social anxiety was going down (but then, he’d only been spending time with Jongin and Sehun lately; he still was uncomfortable when he went out in public); and Jongin was still a knight in shining armour (which Kyungsoo found very annoying; he was too nice and perfect and it made Kyungsoo want to hit him). So yeah, everything was pretty normal with them, even if the titles had changed. But it was still weird to Kyungsoo. He was in a relationship; he had a boyfriend.

Weird. Weird. It’s all just weird.

He didn’t really mind or anything. It was just a change he hadn’t – though should have – been prepared for. (Seriously, he’d had months having been with Jongin in their not-quite-dating relationship, months of preparation. Some part of him had just not believed he would ever allow himself to let it go that far, and he’d avidly held on to that; so really it was his own fault.)

He threw his blanket off of him, pushing on Jongin’s chest. “Too hot,” he grumbled. Jongin smirked, pulling him closer, and Kyungsoo glared at him dangerously. “Jongin, I’m too hot.”

“I know you are.”

“Jongin, I swear-”

“I’m comfy,” Jongin whined. “I like you and all your softness. You feel so nice.”

“I’m all sweaty,” Kyungsoo argued. “That’s not nice.”

Jongin sighed, releasing him, and Kyungsoo immediately rolled onto his back. His shirt was clinging to his chest, and he felt dizzily warm. Jongin flipped onto his stomach, turning his head to keep his eyes on Kyungsoo.

“I don’t want to go back to school,” he sighed again.

“Too bad.” Kyungsoo didn’t want to either, which was odd because usually he was excited to go back to school by the end of summer. With Jongin, though, he’d been having a lot of fun over the summer, and the idea of going back to school, back to work and people he didn’t like and a lack of freedom, was a lot less enjoyable this year. But it was inevitable. Tomorrow morning, he’d have to wake up early and get on his bus. At least he would have Jongin (since his mom had reluctantly allowed the sleepover, even though it was the first school night) – but not for long. Starting tomorrow, he’d have to go back to acting like he hated Kim Jongin. (Not that that would be hard; he had lots of practice hating Jongin for the past two years, and even if he did love Jongin, he still hated him.) They’d have to go back to being on opposite sides, sworn enemies or whatever. Maybe that would be good; Kyungsoo needed to focus on school anyway.

“Maybe we should just run away,” Jongin said lightly. Kyungsoo laughed.

“That’ll work.”

“It could.”

“No,” Kyungsoo disagreed. He knew Jongin was joking, but realistically, it couldn’t happen. “Running away has a very low success rate. People don’t think it through well enough. They just think about wanting to get away; they don’t think about everything that’s working against them.”

“Well, you can be our brain, then,” Jongin smiled.

“Where are we going?” Kyungsoo played along.

“Hmm… China? There’s lots of people there. Easy to get lost.”

“No,” Kyungsoo said immediately. “The first place they’ll look is anywhere nearby. Police in Seoul, in all of Korea, will immediately be put on alert. Within a couple days, it spans to nearby countries – China, Japan, probably the Philippines.”

“Okay…” Jongin thought. “Somewhere far then. England?”

“Too small. You need a big country, big population, or both.”

“Russia?”

Kyungsoo shook his head. “They’re not exactly gay-supportive up there.”

Jongin raised an eyebrow. “Really?”

“Don’t you pay attention to the news?”

“Not really, I guess. Okay then. What about America? Like, California or something.”

“Maybe,” Kyungsoo nodded. He was starting to think more sensibly. “There’s a lot of people in California, which is good, but… Maybe less people.”

Jongin reached out to take Kyungsoo’s hand. “I dunno.”

“Vancouver?”

“Where?”

“Vancouver,” Kyungsoo repeated. “It’s sort of like the Los Angeles of Canada but… nicer. So I’ve heard. There’s a big Asian population there, we’d blend in. It’s big, and nice.”

“Okay,” Jongin said. “Let’s go there, then. And Canada is always, like, cool with people, right? Don’t they take in refugees and stuff?”

“Yeah, well, refugees and runaway teenagers aren’t quite the same.”

“Whatever,” Jongin shrugged. “When do we leave?”

“Never,” Kyungsoo answered. “I’m not actually running away.”

“Aww, why not?”

“Because that’s stupid.”

“Says who?”

“Says every account of logic.” Jongin pouted, but Kyungsoo just stared indifferently. It might be interesting to run away, but there were far too many risks involved. “Go to sleep. We have to get up tomorrow.”

Jongin groaned something about how they wouldn’t have to get up if they ran away, but Kyungsoo ignored him, closing his eyes and waiting for sleep. Within a few moments, Jongin had shuffled himself closer to Kyungsoo, pressing up against him, mouth inches from Kyungsoo’s ear to whisper an “I love you”, making Kyungsoo shiver. Not long after, Jongin’s steady breathing filled his ear, and then his gentle snoring started up, making Kyungsoo shush him. (He had found that telling Jongin to be quiet when he started snoring was very effective, if only for a few minutes.) Eventually, Kyungsoo fell into his own sleep, and in his unconsciousness curled into Jongin, seeking the boy’s warmth even though he was already too hot. The heat ended up causing him to have a lot of weird – and sometimes scary – dreams, but apparently it didn’t bother him enough to move away, because when he awoke the next morning, his face was still inches away from Jongin’s.

When his alarm went off, dragging him out of sleep, a strangely moan escaped his mouth. He threw his arm over to hit his clock and shut it off, and then he rolled back over against Jongin, before letting out a second moan.

“Uhhhh.” He bit his lip, trying to silence himself. Why was he being like this? But he could feel that blood had rushed between his legs. Apparently, his dreams hadn’t just been weird, but also ual, because he had woken up with morning wood. He could feel his pressing against Jongin’s stomach, and he was glad the younger boy was still asleep. He pushed away from Jongin, getting up and grabbing some clothes before heading to the bathroom, and running a cool shower. He stripped and stepped in, quickly dealing with his and then cleaning himself up. A few minutes later he was out of the bathroom, returning to his room and waking up the still-in-bed Jongin.

“Get up,” Kyungsoo said lightly, shaking Jongin’s shoulder.

“I don’ wanna…”

“That’s nice. We have school, and the bus will be here soon.”

“No…”

“Yes. Get up.”

Eventually, Kyungsoo was able to get the boy groggily out of bed, and he managed to get ready with two minutes to spare, and then they hurried down Kyungsoo’s driveway to wait for the bus. When they got on, Kyungsoo spotted Sehun, sitting in their usual seat at the back of the bus, and Kyungsoo hurried back to him.

“Hyung!” Sehun said excitedly. “And Jongin, of course,” he added with a slight scowl. Kyungsoo held in a grin. Sehun had to act the jealous-best-friend part, despite the fact that him and Jongin actually got along pretty well. They had an on-off relationship. “Sit with me!”

“Who says I want to sit with you?” Kyungsoo shot jokingly, but he slid down beside him anyway. Jongin took the seat in front of them. “Maybe I want to sit with my – boyfriend.” The word came out uneasily, and he looked around. But there was only one other kid on the bus, and he had headphones in. There had been more kids who’d gotten on before them last year, but apparently they’d graduated. However, a new boy got on after Kyungsoo’s stop, before Yixing’s. Then, when they spotted the Chinese boy, Jongin waved and beckoned him back to sit with them, and Kyungsoo found himself being pushed out of his seat.

“Sit with your boyfriend then,” Sehun muttered. “Xing’s a better friend than you. Hi Yixing-ge!” He raised his voice at the last part, losing his pout and becoming cheerful.

“Hello, Sehun-ah,” Yixing said quietly, smiling, taking the seat Kyungsoo had just been kicked out of. “Hello Kyungsoo, Jongin-ah.”

“Hey Xing,” Jongin said. Kyungsoo nodded at the Chinese boy, but then Yixing’s attention turned to Sehun, and Kyungsoo frowned at how well his best friend seemed to be getting along with him. Sehun had said he’d been hanging out with Yixing more. Xing’s a better friend than you. Sehun had been joking, of course. Right?

Probably not. I’m not a very good friend as it is. Well, at least Sehun had found better friends, since Kyungsoo was sort of (unintentionally) being a jerk and spending all his time with Jongin lately. He’d have to work on that.

They arrived at the school, and Jongin pressed his lips to Kyungsoo’s cheek quickly, murmuring a “See you later” and then sliding out of his seat to walk with Yixing, leaving Kyungsoo with Sehun. They all made their way to the entrance hall, where a list of everyone’s names was posted with their homerooms. From there, they would be given their schedules for the semester. Kyungsoo and Sehun waited as the crowd moved forward, everyone looking for their own names, and then they found themselves on the list. They weren’t in the same class – of course; they never were. While Sehun headed down to his language class, Kyungsoo made his way upstairs to accounting.

The day went slowly. Accounting, Language, Lunch, Technological Science, Art. Jongin had actually convinced Kyungsoo’s parents to let him take art with him. Jongin had more influence over them than he did (or they just liked him more), which greatly bothered Kyungsoo (though he denied it). But – and he denied this too – he was excited to finally get to be taking an art class. Except it wasn’t until the end of the day, and he had to get through all the far-less-fun classes. If he wanted to take an art class, the bargain was he had to keep his marks high – in the nineties high. Not that it would be very difficult, but it meant working hard and staying focused.

(His parents didn’t know he had a boyfriend now. They still thought Jongin was just a friend. He was glad they were remaining oblivious, but he had a feeling they were doing it on purpose because they didn’t want to deal with actually accepting and getting over their homophobia. But then, Kyungsoo wasn’t changing his obligations from school to Jongin. He only had one chance with school. Jongin could wait. And if he couldn’t, he wasn’t worth Kyungsoo’s time. That’s what Kyungsoo told himself, because he knew that’s what was right.)

At lunch, Kyungsoo saw Joonmyun for the first time in ages. He’d cut his hair, but nothing else much about him had changed in appearance. However, he seemed different. More serious, likely because he was in his last year and the pressure was on for him even now. But more casual too. More easy-going, his smile coming with less effort. Kyungsoo couldn’t help his curiosity.

“What happened to you over the summer?” he asked bluntly.

Joonmyun’s face seemed to turn a few shades pinker. “What do you mean?”

“You’ve changed.”

“So have you,” Joonmyun countered. “Although apparently your observation skills haven’t.”

Kyungsoo gave an indifferent smile. “I got a boyfriend.”

“Woah,” Joonmyun gaped. “What? Really? Drop the bomb much.” He glanced towards Jongin, then back to Kyungsoo, who nodded. “When did that happen?”

“Recently. What about you?”

Joonmyun looked down at the table, muttering about how he “might be seeing someone”. Sehun immediately attacked, asking if he had a girlfriend, but Joonmyun shook his head.

“I – I’m not dating anyone,” Joonmyun said quickly, blush deepening. “I just, I dunno… Someone I’ve liked for a while…”

“You like someone?” Sehun almost shouted. People looked around, and Joonmyun hit him, ears burning.

“Yah, be quiet!”

“But you do?” Sehun stated, more quietly. “Who?”

“Mind your business,” Joonmyun grumbled.

“We know them, then,” Kyungsoo put in. He didn’t respond. “They go to school with us?” No answer. “Are you gonna tell us who it is?”

“You haven’t figured it out? I thought you knew by now. You notice everything.”

“How long have you liked him?” Kyungsoo asked. He couldn’t think of any obvious candidate. He’d never been given the impression that Joonmyun liked someone. Apparently, it had been well hidden.

“Three years.”

Woah. How had Kyungsoo not noticed that? Joonmyun had liked someone since before Kyungsoo had even been at the school. This narrowed down the list to someone the same age as Joonmyun (unless it was someone older who had graduated last year).

“You always said you never liked anyone!” Sehun said.

“I lied,” Joonmyun shrugged. “Sue me.”

“I might,” Sehun pouted. “Who is it?” Then Joonmyun’s phone buzzed, and as he pulled it out of his pocket, Sehun yanked it away from him, looking at the screen. The phone was locked, so the message couldn’t be seen, but the contact’s name was visible. “Ha! Let’s see who it -”

Sehun’s face dropped, and Kyungsoo frowned. What was he seeing? Joonmyun grabbed his phone back, and glanced at the screen, brow furrowing, but then his eyes widened.

“Wait, Sehun, no-”

“Why is Kim Minseok messaging you?” Sehun asked icily. “I seriously hope-”

“It’s not him,” Joonmyun said immediately. “He’s – no. We’re friends. I have friends you know, besides you two. He’s a good hyung-” Sehun scoffed, rolling his eyes, but Joonmyun continued. “But I don’t like him in that way. And he’s enga- er, taken.”

Yes, Sehun was extremely aware that Minseok was dating someone. But… “What were you going to say?” Sehun asked slowly. “He’s what?”

“Nothing,” Joonmyun replied hastily. “He’s, you know, dating Luhan.”

“That’s not what you were going to say.”

Kyungsoo had a feeling he knew what Joonmyun was going to say, and he didn’t really want to have that conversation. Carefully avoiding it, he said, “Anyways, who have you liked for the past three years?” Joonmyun rejected the question, saying he wouldn’t tell them. “Does Minseok know? You’ll tell him but not us?”

“Minseok is more trustworthy.” Meaning, he thinks we’ll react badly. Kyungsoo was slowly narrowing it down. In fact, he was pretty sure he knew who it was.

“I think I’ve got it, then.” Sehun started asking Kyungsoo to tell him, but he only shook his head. He wasn’t sure if Sehun would react well. Kyungsoo didn’t really care, but Sehun… He would let Joonmyun take the heat for this one. “That’s cute, hyung. How’d you finally win him over?”

“We, uh, we were working together over the summer.” Joonmyun started smiling, and Kyungsoo was happy that had all worked out for his hyung, even if he’d never actually known about any of it. Then the conversation moved to Kyungsoo and Jongin, and Sehun started complaining how both Kyungsoo and Joonmyun for getting boyfriends and leaving him all alone. Joonmyun argued that he wasn’t actually dating the guy, and maybe Sehun should try and find someone new. Eventually, lunch ended and Kyungsoo was off to his tech science class, which was complicated from the get-go, but he knew he would do well in it. And then he was going to art class. His very first art class.

He walked into the room, biting his lip nervously, but still feeling kind of excited because art! Right away, he saw Jongin, and couldn’t hold back a hesitant smile. But, to his surprise, Jongin scowled and looked away from him. What? Then he spotted a head of blond hair standing a few feet from Jongin, who turned around at Jongin’s frown and caught sight of Kyungsoo.

Kris Wu. Kyungsoo had forgotten he was still here. Tutoring art classes, Jongin had said. Apparently, tutoring their art class.

It didn’t matter. He could act like he didn’t care about Jongin. It was all just pretend. No big deal. He took a seat at a table far away from Jongin as he could get. It didn’t matter. He was here for the art, not Jongin. It definitely didn’t bother him that Jongin didn’t even look at him, and when he did it was with annoyed-looking glares, because Kris was hovering, and Jongin couldn’t draw any attention to them.

They had already talked about how things would be different at school, at least until Jongin could warm Kris over to the idea. If he could. Kyungsoo knew that, and he didn’t mind. They could be one way at school and then be back to normal at home. It was fine. It was better, actually, because at school Kyungsoo just wanted to do work, and he didn’t need Jongin distracting him. So this was benefiting both of them. This was good.

It didn’t bother Kyungsoo at all.

 

Part two begins. The beginning was really cheesy and I blame my wife for that. She's rubbing off on me. Year two is now!