Chapter Four: Just Maybe (Not)

S a l v a t i o n

Chapter Four: Just Maybe (Not)

 

“Byun Baekhyun Park Chanyeol, do your work!” Taeyeon smacked them lightly across the head, giggling slightly as Baekhyun bit his bottom lip, ducking his head apologetically while Chanyeol broke into a series of apologies. In front of them as usual were Chen, the troublemaker yet highly academically inclined one and last but not least Kyungsoo. Taeyeon stopped as she walked around the class, having given them a quiz the minute the day started to assess if they really had revised over the holidays. He had always been the quiet serious one, compared to his other friends, and it wasn’t to say that their results were not good, they were brilliant. Straight As, well for some scraping the As, but over all they were smart. But Kyungsoo, that boy was different, he was well on his way to a Valedictorian score the way he worked. Exactly like his senior Suho and Xiumin, she thought distantly to herself before snapping back to a more important matter.

 

Super Junior.

 

What was she to do? As the leader of SNSD she could not betray F(x) allies, worst still Jupiter’s as well. But if she refused Super Junior her sisterhood would be highly unstable and could face a dozen or more problems. Even if she gave an alliance to SHINee which frankly speaking she wouldn’t mind as well as Exo, there was no way they could hold them all off. Super Junior was just too huge, and the territory to protect her own as well as the allies would be too much. Just calculating the amount made her feel dizzy. She sighed in her chair, shaking her head in despair. Sometimes being a leader was so difficult. Unless… Her eyes brightened as a wild but possible thought entered her mind. It was worth a try, and there was no way Super Junior or Jupiter or F(x) could argue and revenge on SNSD not that F(x) would, but betrayal was pretty serious. She frowned, playing back the conversation from yesterday in her head.

 

“Why do you call on us White?” Taeyeon phrased her words carefully, not wishing to anger the other. She could sense the underlying current of anger, still burning hot and steely, eager for revenge. Exo had pissed of White big time. In a way she was truly afraid to find out how.

 

“Allies are we not?” White replied coolly, but Taeyeon narrowed her eyes, her head spinning as she took in the details. No, that was not the real reason. They must have lost a battle, but how? Exo, with SHINee? No, impossible, unless the skirmish she heard in China from F(x), Snow flower and North had been there, Super Junior-!

 

“I will need time to consider White.”

 

“Of course, good day to you Sun.”

 

“Good day White.” The phone clicked and she groaned. What a load of mess!

 

“Miss Kim, I need to take them for Music Class!” A bright voice woke her and she jolted awake in shock before squeaking an apology at the teacher. Clapping her hands, she ordered the students to pass up the tests, smacking Baekhyun on the head followed by Chanyeol as she caught them copying from each other. Shooting them a look she smiled. Perhaps she would be lenient on them she thought as the class stood and bowed, saying goodbye as she held the marked papers in hand, only to be stopped by her good friend for small talk at the door.

 

“Wow Taeyeon, first day of school and a quiz eh?”

 

“Tch, I know you’ve got one planned right in that sapphire blue file of yours Sungmin.” Taeyeon retorted to the Music teacher before waving goodbye, zooming off to the next class. Sungmin chuckled, one file holding his notes the other his test for them. The test had been extraordinarily simple, for them to name the one of the greatest pianoist in time ecetra ecetra. If one of them couldn’t even spell ‘Beethoven’ or ‘Mozart’, well that was no longer his problem. Entering the class he rose an eyebrow at the normally reading Kyungsoo who was talking to the new transferee animatedly. He had never seen the boy so friendly to any girl, but then again the other girls weren’t exactly normal. Kyungsoo spotted his music teacher giving him that look and turned pink, jabbing Suki who quickly turned around, standing up. The class quickly followed and greeted him.

 

Ah to teach and be away from…

 

That.

 

“Quiz time~” He sang, before pausing, “You’re Suki yes? Hmm, I’ve never taught you before and you are a transferee so you wouldn’t have, Kyungsoo!” Sungmin thought up all of the sudden, an angelic smile across his face.

 

“Err… Yes sir?”

 

“Come I see you’re very friendly with Suki here so you guys can do the test together.” Sungmin beamed, earning Kyungsoo’s shocked owl eyes. It took a second for Kyungsoo to realize what his Music teacher meant, and when he did his eyes widened so widely that Sungmin was sure he looked like a goldfish. Not a deer, the deer was the other kid, a senior, Luhish, Luen, no, Luhan yes. Kyungsoo turned to Chen and then Suki before packing his things quickly, ignoring the way everyone in class stared at him. He wasn’t upset he had to change or move, but he just didn’t like the attention his teacher had placed on his shoulders. Suki too, he thought distractedly, accidentally knocking his book over the edge of his table which Suki caught with amazing reflexes. Squeezing out of his seat he pulled out the chair beside Suki, relieved that his teacher had already begun talking thirty seconds ago so he wouldn’t feel like a fool for almost dropping his books.

 

“What on earth are you staring at young lady, head on your quiz!” Sungmin scolded a girl who was staring curiously at Kyungsoo. She quickly snapped her head back to her test with a soft ‘Yes Mr Lee’, writing down the answers. Kyungsoo looked up at his teacher gratefully and Sungmin winked, earning a small smile from his younger student. Kyungsoo was exceptionally good in music, especially Chen, no, all of them were actually. Chen had a gift for high notes, while Baekhyun’s range on the vocals were longer. Chanyeol was brilliant when it came to musical instruments and had a knack for learning them, not to mention his good sense of beat. Kyungsoo’s voice was polished and sweet, not too high like the others, a major chick magnet. Sungmin thought drily, still regretting the fact he had asked Kyungsoo to sing a year ago in front of the whole class. That was the day Kyungsoo found his locker filled to the brim with love letters and chocolates though it had died down quite a bit.

 

Humming, Sungmin sat down on the chair, knowing that there was still five more minutes till the test was over. Sigh, after that significant defeat in China, TuangZhou, Lee Teuk had been furious, but at least he hadn’t punched them. Unlike Heechul who destroyed almost all of their computers. Almost, but not all, thankfully. Sigh, but he highly doubted that Sun would help them. Truthfully speaking, he was rather tired of the expansion of their territories. Too much expansion and all these fighting, he could hardly concentrate on his actual job. But his brothers, he loved them all, and he missed, oh how he missed his previous allies. But it was dangerous to form allies, as he remembered the fire, raging. DBSK, his brothers, and how Hangeng had went in to save them, regardless of the masks. They had been so close they could have been a single brotherhood. But trust them too much and you would get hurt, Sungmin thought darkly at the memory of the funeral, ashes being all they had found.

 

Learn to love and when you lose it your heart will never heal.

 

“Time’s up! Pass it up to the front.” Sungmin ordered, quickly collecting the scripts. Stacking them neatly in a pile he realized he had been so into his own thoughts that he hadn’t even checked on the ‘couple’ he was ‘matchmaking’. Sternly holding out his hand, the inside of him laughed at the way they were leaning so closely, but yet at the same time completely avoiding each other, having completed the quiz. He was planning on giving the assignment two weeks later, but right now it was the perfect timing to give it to the class, Sungmin thought decisively before clearing his throat, waking the love birds and the other students.

 

“Pair up!” Sungmin called and watch as Kyungsoo slowly turned to Suki, probably having to leave her for Chen. Aha, not so fast for you, unfortunately, lover boy! Sungmin thought smugly to himself as he pushed Kyungsoo back down, startling the boy.

 

“Sir?”

 

“Our class is oddly numbered. And Suki is new, so both you boys be gentlemen and do this project with her, and, and, show her around the school. You are, “ Sungmin said over the small argument Chen was trying to make, “you are, after all part of the student council no?” Chen groaned, shaking his head at Sungmin.

 

“Mr Lee, she shouldn’t even need to do the project, she’s new, cut her some slack!” Chen voiced out and Sungmin deadpanned, giving Chen the look. Chen immediately kept his mouth shut while Kyungsoo struggled with the question as to how on earth, do you do a project like this? He couldn’t invite her to his house to do a project, his house was full of of, guns!

 

“Right, I want a duet, not for you three, by the third week of Tuesday you got that?” Sungmin said, watching as the students packed their bags, ready to bolt off for their break. The bell rang and Sungmin cursed as the students shouted quick words of thank you before racing out.

 

“It’s alright sir, we heard you.” Kyungsoo said quietly and Sungmin chuckled before raising his voice, “What did I say about Student Council?”, causing Chen Baekhyun and Chanyeol to halt, Chen having a sheepish expression on his face.

 

“I forgot heh.” He whispered to Kyungsoo before slinging an arm immediately around Suki, not even noticing how she stiffened slightly under the contact, not that it escaped Kyungsoo’s attention. Interesting, she didn’t like skin contact? As Chen babbled away at a friendly tone, Baekhyun and Chanyeol chipping in at odd turns, Kyungsoo continued to study Suki and realized she was just too nervous. Her back was tense and her face wore a frosty expression similar to the one Kyungsoo himself always had whenever he met a situation he had no idea how to deal with.

 

“Hey Suki, relax. We don’t bite.” Kyungsoo said quietly and Suki relaxed, laughing with the others as Baekhyun Chen and Chanyeol laughed at his choice of words. Oh if only she knew how terribly wrong his words were. Leading her to the cafeteria, Chen warned her that it might get a little crazy. Suki raised an eyebrow disbelievingly and Chen threw on a full Chen whine of despair.

 

“Why is it when I speak no one ever believes what I say?”

 

“… Cause you’re trouble.” Kyungsoo and Suki said at the exact same time before hesitatingly grinning at each other. Chen gaped at them before he mockingly punched Kyungsoo twice in the arm.

 

“Twice hyung, really?”

 

“I can’t hit a lady so you’ll have to take her punishment you lowly people.” Chen teased in good nature, sliding his arm around Kyungsoo while Baekhyun hooked his arm around Suki’s, Chen’s other arm linking them together completely. Suki judged at the arms and looked at Kyungsoo who shook his head, silently mouthing ‘trust-me-you-need-this’. He wasn’t kidding either, when he pushed open the cafeteria doors and was greeted with loud fan screams, and Suki looked momentarily stunned before Baekhyun slammed into her, forcing her to run all the way to their own personal table on the second floor, over looking the cafeteria below. Suki dashed into the door Kyungsoo held open for her before they too slammed the door shut, much to the dismay of the disappointed fans.

 

“You have to go through that?” The look of horror on Suki’s face was so hilarious that immediately they burst into laughter, Chanyeol dropping onto one of the bean bags, clapping his hands loudly while Baekhyun fell on top of Chanyeol, he too laughing, Chen snorted, wiping tears from his eyes while Kyungsoo grinned, smirking at Suki.

 

“Scared?”

 

“Psh please, they’re after me, not you.” Suki retorted easily, Kyungsoo’s smile fading momentarily as he realized how true that was. After today she wouldn’t even need to be around him anymore. That filled him with sadness and he looked away, just as another voice spoke.

 

“Honestly, did you have to scare her by going through the whole Cafeteria? We have three entrances and three exits for a reason you know.” Suho groaned, shifting through the council’s paperwork just as Kris appeared, stretching languidly before waving at Suki who waved back. Kris turned before he whipped his head back, realizing that who he waved at wasn’t one of their brothers. He must have remembered Chen’s text, because he smiled and nodded just as Tao spun into the room, chest heaving and the rest of their brothers behind him.

 

“Suho hyung, we, Oh, you’re here!” Tao said, staring at Suki, making Kyungsoo almost facepalm. Yes Tao, that is Suki the new transferee’s picture you saw on your phone. Didn’t have to make it obvious that the whole student council was made out of gang members who could hack into the school sys-

 

“You have rights to eat in our room.”

 

“What?” Suki spoke.

 

“What?” Suho looked up, surprised.

 

“Wait what?” Kyungsoo asked, confused, not quite sure he heard right when Tao explained, quite simply by holding up a picture.

 

“You’ve got your own fan club.” Tao said sheepishly and Suki groaned, landing onto one of the bean bags as the rest of Exo cracked up, having seen her expression which was downright funny.

 

“Well, at least I have a sensible friend in my class.” Suki whispered to Kyungsoo and he smiled, eyes lighting up as Suki began talking to Kai and Tao, the welfare representatives as they made her welcome. Somehow what she said made him smile. And he wasn’t even going to question why.

 

I'm in a good mooooood, anyway update guyssss~~ Interesting hoho Sungmin and Taeyeon eh? And look at Suki and Exo, they already like her as a younger sister kekeke, so what now hmmm? What would happen, if SNSD said yes? MUAHAHAHA that's for me to know and you, to seeeeee~~