5. You Never Bothered Me Anyway

Bothersome Freak
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What is it?”

“What?”

“You said you really really needed to see me…”

“I am seeing you right now. That’s all I wanted to do.” Luhan was really starting to get on Sehun’s nerves.

“You saw me, right? I’m leaving then. Bye.” Sehun got up from his seat and walked right out the little bubble tea store. The same store he and Luhan always visited over the past 2 months. The 2 months that Sehun hated almost every single day of… almost.

 *1 week ago*

“Here.” Luhan handed the last piece to Sehun. “And here’s the original letter.” He slowly took out an envelope out of his pocket, his hands shaking slightly.

Sehun didn’t move an inch from his seat. It wasn’t the letter he cared for anymore but rather the person who held on to it. At first it was an ill feeling towards the older male who continued to torment Sehun. He despised him the most. The things that Sehun found annoying were the thing that Luhan had learned to use against him. But this Luhan… he- he made me happy. You make me happy Luhan. Sehun wanted to say it out loud for the person he liked to hear.  Sehun’s feelings for Kyungsoo hadn’t died out. They just readjusted themselves and made some room for his annoying twin. Annoyingly lovely Luhan.

“So I guess we won’t be seeing each other like this anymore, huh?” Luhan avoided Sehun’s gaze and stared at the envelope Sehun hadn’t bothered touching.

But Sehun didn’t agree to this! He never said it was okay to forget each other, to not see Luhan like this. He wanted to tell Luhan that he didn’t need stupid pieces of paper as an excuse to see him. That he would go to see him even if it was in the middle of the night. He wanted to say all that but all that came out was a little laugh. “So you think you can do whatever you want? You think you can mess around with me like this? You think you have the right to play with someone’s feelings like this!?” He quickly snatched the envelope and started ripping it, just like Luhan once had with the empty paper.

-

It was like Luhan’s heart was being ripped in a million pieces. As Sehun got up from his seat and walked out the door, Luhan tried to gather all pieces of his heart.

When Luhan got home, he grabbed some tape and tried to piece together his heart. Now he was holding a bright red piece of paper, barely holding itself together.

 

 

My lovely twin, Sehun.

This is the first time I’ve ever written a letter so this is really awkward for me. I hope this doesn’t make you awkward as you read it.

First of all, I wanted to apologize for being a jerk and making you suffer. The truth is, I didn’t actually read your letter. I just saw Lay reading it and I took it away from him. His Korean isn’t that great so he didn’t really understand much. I was planning to give it back to you that night on the rooftop but you just… seemed too fun to play with.

The thing is, ever since I saw you at the MT, I wanted to make you smile and laugh. But you didn’t seem to want that. You never wore much expression on your face and for me, I wanted to make that happen. But I realized that I’ve only ever made you angry, frustrated and sad. I have been too selfish. I hope you can forgive me for that.

All I want to say is, that I want to keep seeing you. The pieces were just an excuse to see you whenever I missed you. Honestly, I’m missing you right now. Haha I’m so cheesy, right? Sorry. I just wanted to say, that I really like you. And I want to make you happy. So, will you please smile for me?

I’ll be waiting for your reply,

Lu Han.

But now, Sehun hated him. He would never smile for him. And Luhan was the one to blame.

-

“It’s all set!” Chanyeol beamed as he placed his laptop on the bed. Now all he had to do was wait for Baekhyun to come home and see it. Of course he was nervous and scared but it was all or nothing. He decided to finally confess to Baekhyun tonight. If he didn’t do it now, he wouldn’t be able to ever do it. And that would kill him inside slowly. If Baekhyun did end up being grossed out, then so be it. I can always say that it was a prank, right?

Chanyeol decided to take a shower while he waited. As soon as he entered the washroom, Baekhyun entered the dorm.

When Chanyeol finally came out of the washroom, he noticed that his room’s lights were turned off and Baekhyun was fast asleep, facing towards the wall. The laptop was now sitting on the table and the screen was shut off. He probably didn’t see… Chanyeol felt really disappointed. The only time he finally mustered up the courage to confess, it failed.

He decided to go to the kitchen and drink some milk to help him sleep or else he would be up all night, sulking. He opened the fridge door and noticed a brand new carton of chocolate milk sitting on the top shelf. And on that carton was a baby blue sticky note that read “I love you too, you giant idiot!”

Chanyeol’s heart dropped to the floor. He couldn’t breathe. “What is this?” He read and re-read the note over and over again. “This… did he..?”

*15 minutes ago*

Baekhyun heard water hitting the surface. “He must be in the washroom…” He quickly went in to his room to change. He didn’t want to face the giant who only gave him a mini heart attack every time he smiled. Tonight, he actually wanted to get some sleep without thinking about Chanyeol or how adorable he was when he failed at aegyo, trying to convince Baekhyun to sing him a lullaby.

As soon as he changed into something comfortable, he turned around from the closet to face the bed, on top of which Chanyeol’s laptop was sitting, fully unarmed without a password. Baekhyun decided this would be the perfect time to look through and see if Chanyeol had some things he’d rather not have others see…

(A/N: *coughyadongcough*)

Baekhyun quickly scanned the desktop to see if anything seemed suspicious. To his surprise, he saw a folder named “School Files”. He laughed at the obvious giveaway. “This idiot doesn’t even have school right now.” Baekhyun clicked on the folder and noticed that it contained a video clip in it. He quickly pulled out his earphones and plugged them into the laptop, just in case there was anything indecent. As he hesitantly clicked on the video, he felt his heart stop.

“Baek! I know you clicked here hoping to find something inappropriate. Well honestly, I knew you might be interested in that kind of stuff. I mean, which straight guy isn’t, right?

But, I’m not. Because… because I— uh… Oh my gosh this is so nerve wrecking! It’s just that I think I’m not straight. Because I think I… I like you. As my best friend but also more than that…

Whenever I see you, my heart just can’t stop pounding. I just… I’m sorry if you’re grossed out. I just wanted to confess before my heart exploded. I know I’m a coward for not doing it directly because I’m scared… of rejection, of losing you.

I want to say that, I— I love you, my diva.

Oh my God, this is so embarrassing. I’m so sorry for making you watch this! AHHHH WHAT AM I DOING!? SERIOS—”

The video was over. Chanyeol’s face was gone and so was Baekhyun’s sanity. He quickly shut the laptop down and placed it on the table next to the bed. He picked up the carton of chocolate milk that he had brought home for Chanyeol and hugged it tight. “Ahhh!!!” He squeezed it so much, the carton almost exploded. “There’s no way I can face him like this. This is so embarrassing. Why am I tearing up? And why’s my face hot? Aish!!! What do I do!?”

Baekhyun didn’t want to believe that this was happening. It was too unrealistic. “Maybe he’s playing a prank on me?” He knew Chanyeol was well capable of such a thing. But this time, the look in his eyes was different. It seemed sincere but Baekhyun didn’t know what to believe. He was flustered, flattered and scared. He reached into the drawers of the table and took out some coloured sticky notes. On the pink one he wrote, “My heart beats for you as well.” After cringing for a several seconds, he moved on to a yellow sticky note, “Are you trying to mess with me?” but he might just scare him away with that. Finally he got a blue sticky note. Blue was Chanyeol’s favorite color. But not just any blue. Baby blue.

-

Chanyeol opened the carton of milk, poured himself a decent amount and gulped it down in seconds. There was no other way to calm him down. A little sugar wouldn’t do any harm, right? After finally cooling down a bit and returning to normal, he got up, looked around for the other members. Luckily today was the weekend and everyone was out. Everyone except Sehun, but he was had been locked inside his room the whole day so the coast was clear.

But what was he to do now? After Baekhyun had accepted his confession, what next? Chanyeol didn’t know anything about such things. All he knew was that he felt awkward and embarrassed to even face Baekhyun right now. Good thing he was asleep. Chanyeol quickly made his way through the dark and slipped under the blanket. He needed sleep after such a mentally exhausted day.

As he lay there, staring at the darkness, all he could think about was Baekhyun and how happy he was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter