4. [1 new message]

Bothersome Freak
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sehun-ah!” Baekhyun knocked on the bedroom door. “Can you go get me my clothes back from the M dorm?”

“Go yourself! I have no reason to go there!” Sehun snapped. He was blankly staring at a taped up paper.

“Oh come on! We all know you and Luhan are-” the older boy’s voice halted due to the death glare Sehun was now giving him.

Sehun crumpled up the piece of paper, tossed it across the room and said, “Nothing… we are nothing… so please! Don’t ask me to do such favors for you.” Baekhyun could almost hear the weakness in the latter’s tone.

-

Chanyeol paced back and forth in his empty room. “I can’t… I can’t do it!”

“What can’t you do?” Kyungsoo peeked his head through the bedroom door, his eyes as wide as they had always been.

The tall giant almost jumped at the sight of the smaller boy. “Ah, Kyungsoo-yah, you scared me! Did you… possibly hear everything?”

“If by everything, you mean you yelling at yourself ‘I can’t do it!’, then yes.” Kyungsoo had a smug look on his face and Chanyeol refused to believe him but he had no choice. He couldn’t ask him if he overheard all the practice confessions Chanyeol had prepared for Baekhyun when he would see him tonight. “So, what is it that you can’t do? Need help?” Kyungsoo asked, seating himself on the empty bed.

“Uh… It’s the… new choreo… it’s just too hard you know.” He managed to pull off a lie, hoping Kyungsoo wouldn’t catch on. Fortunately for him, the smaller boy seemed to have bought it.

“If you want, I can ask Kai to help you. Sehun doesn’t seem in the mood these days so asking him would be pointless.” The smaller boy suggested.

“Umm… thanks! Yeah, I’ll ask Kai later. Don’t worry about it.” Chanyeol sighed in relief. If Kyungsoo knew, what would he think of him? Him liking Baekhyun and possibly more than just his best friend… I bet Kyungsoo will be grossed out!

“Alright tall guy! Gotta go! If you need help with anything, just let me know.” Kyungsoo quickly shoved his phone in his pocket after texting something and headed out the bedroom. Chanyeol simply waved and collapsed on the chair next to him. If only someone could help him… wait, there’s Luhan, right? He would know.

-

“Luhan hyung!” Baekhyun greeted the not-so-cheerful male as he opened the door for him.

“Hey, Baekhyun! What brings you here?” Luhan asked, trying to force a smile on his face.

Baekhyun lifted up a blue gift bag, waving it in front of the deer’s face. “Here! I got you something.”

“Me? Why?” Luhan looked suspiciously upon Baekhyun who simply smiled and made his way into the M dorm. “It’s not my birthday today though…”

“It’s a thank you gift. For letting me borrow your clothes last time. Also,” Baekhyun turned to face the latter, “its Sehun’s birthday so I thought you might want to give him this to cheer him up,” he winked cutely.

Luhan wanted to laugh at the cheesy wink but he couldn’t get past the fact that it was Sehun’s birthday and he didn’t even know. He had been together with the younger boy for the past 2 months. Come to think of it, Luhan didn’t know much about Sehun, other than the fact that he rarely smiles, likes bubble tea and Kyungsoo… he felt his blood boil with jealousy every time he was reminded that the one Sehun likes in Kyungsoo and the one he hates is himself. That’s right… he hates me!

Baekhyun waved his hand, trying to grab Luhan’s attention. “Your phone is ringing. Aren’t you going to pick it up?”

“Oh! I- yeah. Excuse me.” Luhan took the phone out of his pocket only to see Chanyeol smiling across the screen. “Have a seat! I’ll be right back.”

“Okay~”

Luhan quickly made his way into the kitchen and picked up the phone. “Hello?”

“Ah hyung! Is it a bad time?” A nervous Chanyeol asked.

“No, it’s fine! What’s up?”

Chanyeol’s voice was quite shaky as he spoke, “umm… the thing is…”

“Yeah?” Luhan was getting anxious as Chanyeol continued.

“Well… I- uh wanted to confess...” Chanyeol quickly blurted out.

Luhan got very flustered as he thought of Baekhyun. Weren’t Chanyeol and Baekhyun a thing? Was Chanyeol going to dump Baekhyun for Luhan? “Wait! I can’t! I mean- this is too sudden and I- I have Se— No, wait, what about Baekhyun?”

“Huh? What are you—?” Chanyeol was genuinely confused and so was Luhan on the other side of the phone.

“Weren’t you going to confess?” Luhan asked, half looking forward to the confession yet half-hoping that this was all a prank.

“Oh yeah, I wanted to confess… to Baekhyun…”

There was silence.

-

Baekhyun took the chance to look around

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter