My Story

Summertime Sadness

 "I-I don't want to talk about it..." Donghae said as he looked down. Soon after he said that he could hear the sound of his plate sliding across the table. Looking up he could see Eunhyuk pulling the plate away.

 "Then you can't eat." he said calmly as he put the plate next to his own. Though Eunhyuk was a normally nice person his cold demeanor seemed to stay in front of Donghae. He didn't know why but it ws like he couldn't show the real him. Taking another bite of his pancakes he looked up at Donghae and waited for an answer.

 "I'm not hung-" Donghae's stomach growled before he could finish his sentence and he looked down. Curse his stomach for wanting to eat. Sighing Donghae looked up to his pancakes next to Eunhyuk's. He knew he needed something to eat. With his injury he'd be weak and with no food he could possibly faint. Though he didn't feel like that now he knew he would later.

 Laying his head on the table he looked at Eunhyuk with pleading eyes. "Please don't make me..." Eunhyuk looked down at Donghae and rested his head on his hand.

 "I'm not making you do anything." he siad as he put the emphasis on "making". "You just don't get to eat if you don't tell me why you were in that alley yesterday." Taking another bite of his pancakes Eunhyuk felt a little guilty on the inside. It wasn't enough to stop his curiosity though. Besides, he needed to know what Donghae was doing.

 Donghae pleaded with his eyes but it didn't seem to be working. His only other alternative was to tell Eunhyuk of starve for the rest of the day. Sighing and reasting his head in his arms.

 "I'm not telling you everything." he said darkly. Eunhyuk looked at Donghae in curiosity as his demeanor changed. Donghae seemed like a dangerous person to have in the room. Someone you could sit next without knowing who they were and you wouldn't feel threatened. Not knowing that they could snap your kneck in a second. Setting his fork down Eunhyuk did the same as Donghae and rested his head in his arms.

  "Go on then." he said. Donghae sighed and avoided Eunhyuk's eyes as he looked to the left.

 "As you can tell now. I do things. Illegal things." Talking slowly Donghae flicked his eyes over to Eunhyuk to see his eyes widen a bit. "I'm forced to do it though." he said as he looked away to make sure the other hadn't seen him. "My father...he makes me fight. For money. Last night I was doing just that."

 Lifting his head from the table Donghae looked over to Eunhyuk. "There." he said calmly. "I get to eat now~" Before Eunhyuk could stop him Donghae grabbed his plate and pulled it over.

 "Ah..." Eunhyuk wanted to ask if he could know more but Donghae glared at him and he stopped talking. He knew when someone needed their space on certain topics. Topics that shouldn't be discussed. Nodding absentmindedly as Eunhyuk took the information he took another bite of his pancakes.

 Donghae smiled slightly as he put the fork in his mouth. The pancakes were chewy and the syrup was sweet. He hadn't tasted anything like this since his mother died. Smiling sadly but quickly covering it up he took another bite. Donghae was good at hiding his emotions. He could keep a poker face in the most dire situations, such as yesterday. It was a skill he had developed over the years.

 "Did you make these?" Donghae suddenly asked as he took another bite. Looking up quickly Eunhyuk nodded. "Their really good~" Donghae said as he grinned and took another bite. Sometimes he just like to focus on the small things that made him happy. Just to forget about his problems.

 Eunhyuk watched as Donghae finished his pancakes and smiled. 

 "Glad you like them." he said quietly as he gathered up the plates. Putting them in the sink he started the water and ut soap in it. Suddenly feeling sleepy Donghae rested his head on thetable and watched as Eunhyuk began to wash the dishes.

 "So this is your house?" he asked as he yawned slightly.

 "Yeah..." Eunhyuk said absentmindedly as he started scrubbing the syrup and pancake off the plates. Another tought suddenly popped into Donghae's head and a confused expression adorned his face.

 "Why did you help me?" he asked as he looked down at his torso. Just then he noticed he still didn't have a shirt on and blushed in embarrassment. Eunhyuk turned around to face Donghae tih his hands still in the dish water.

 "Why wouldn't I?" he asked as he turned back around. He smiled to himself as he had seen Donghae's embarrassed expression. Donghae thought about this and nodded.

 "Thank you." he said quietly and smiled slighty. No one had ever helped him before when he was left in the alleys. It actually meant quite a lot to someone like him.

  "Hm~?" Eunhyuk hummed in question as he started washing the forks and other dishes. "Your welcome~" he said while smiling a little. The statement meant a lot to someone like him. No one ever appreciated him for him. They just liked his body but that was it. They all threw feelings aside.

 It was sad really. True love was almost extinct now. People fell in love with looks or possesions. Money and status. Feelings and love were replaced by greediness and wanting. All of it falling apart and breaking. Like a shattered vase. It could be put back together but it would never be the same.

 "Um..." Donghae's voice broke Eunhyuk out of his thoughts and he turned around.

 "Yeah?" he asked.

 "Can I get a...shirt?" he asked as he gestured to his bandaged torso. The conversation they had just kept leading to dead ends so Donghae wanted out of the room. Just for bit. It was also really cold though. Eunhyuk nodded and pointed a soapy hand to the stairs.

 "You can borrow one of mine." he said. Donghae nodded and got up from his chair. Smiling at Eunhyuk as he turned back to the sink he walked up the stairs. Upon entering Eunhyuk's room he looked around. Finally taking in the details. 

 The room had cream colored walls and gold curtains. The ceiling was tall and the bed looked about queen size. Looking around Donghae finally spotted the dresser. He walked over and opened it up to find dozens upon dozens of graphic tees and skinny jeans. 'What the hell?' he thought. Eunhyuk surehad a lot of clothes. Perhaps enough to have a different outfit everyday of the year!

 Sifting through the clothes he looked for a brand or something he knew so he wouldn't look stupid. Finding nothing he just threw on a random t-shirt. It was a little small and you could see the lines of his bandages but other than that it was fine.

 Just then he heard a thump from downstairs. It wasn't to loud but he knew that sound when he heard it. Running to the door he could hear the shattering of glass and a small scream. Making his way down the stairs the scream was cut short. The only thing he could hear now was footsteps and the tinkling of glass falling onto the tiled floor.

 Running into the kitchen his eyes widened. Laying on the floor was none other than Eunhyuk. The side of his head was bloody and his eyes were closed. Then Donghae saw the other person in the room. It ws none other than one of Spike's gang members. He standing over Eunhyuk with a knife and ws about to plunge it into the toher's stomach. Luckily for Donghae the man hadn't seen him yet.

 'Sorry forgetting your shirt dirty!' Donghae thought as he lunged for the man.

 


 

So there. ^^ This chapter is much better than the other. I like it! It's much longer to so I have nothing to complain about today! Anyways~, as any of you can guess~, there will be fighting next chapter! O w O I hope your enjoying the story so far! I think it'sprogressing smoothly~ Also! I will try to update every day in the evening. I'm gonna see if I can be punctual and everything so make sure to keep your eyes peeled! Know I leave you today with another (or maybe the first) dose of epicosity~ Berzerk out!