First Round

Summertime Sadness

 Eunhyuk was walking home from schooland decided to take the back roads. Not such a great idea on his part but it was faster than going all the way around town. Sighing softly he tugged his backpack strap and continued down the road. Soon he could hear noises like yelling and fighting from around the corner of an alleyway. Gluing his body to the wall next to the corner he peeked his head in to see what was going on. Only to be met with one of the most shocking and strange things he had ever seen.

 In the middle of the alley was a circle of about 20-30 men and woman. All of whom were cheering and holding money in their hands. 'What the heck?' he thought as he tried to look closer. Finding no way to get into the alley without someone seeing him he spotted a ladder above him. Quickly climbing it he stood on the metal balcony and looked over the circle once more. Only for his eyes to open wider than before.

 Standing in the circle was none other than his main target Donghae. 'What the hell is he doing!?' he thought. Upon closer inspection Eunhyuk could see that Donghae wasn't in his normal attire. Now he was wearing a loose, white t-shirt and some skinny jeans. He didn't even have his glasses on! Pretty weird for a fight as anyone could tell but to Donghae this one came as a surprise.

 Donghae had walked home after changing and just put his bag on the floor when his father grabbed himby the wrist and pulled him out of the house. So here he was in the middle of the circle. Fighting a man much older than he was. The man was around his 30's with a grizzly beard and a bulky frame. Almost twice the size of Donghae but his father didn't care. All he wanted was the money and didn't care how he'd get it.

Eunhyuk continued to watch the spectacle as Donghae threw punches and kicks at the full-grown male. To his surprise Donghae was light on his feet. Like he had been this sort of thing for quite a while. Which in reality was true. Donghae had been forced to fight like this since he entered high school. As he threw another punch at the man he dodged it and swung his fist directly into Donghae's stomach.

 With the wind knocked out of him Donghae stumbled back. The punch was so hard blood was dripping out of his mouth and onto his white shirt. Now the shirt was ripped to shreds so he tore it off and threw it to the ground. Eunhyuk could now clearly see the blood and sweat dripping of Donghae as he stood ready for his next attack.

 Soon the man noticed that Donghae was still standing and lunged for him. Donghae hadn't fully recovered but had enough strange to move to the left and watch the man hit the ground. 'Ouch.' he thought and cringed when he heard a snap. The man held back a scream and stood up slowly. Facing Donghae once more his expression was murderous.

 From his perch on the balcony Eunhyuk held back a scream at the sight of the man's arm. It was bent and twisted. Blood trailed down his arm and dripped onto the dirty concrete below. Closing his eyes tightly Eunhyuk wanted it all to be over. He would have ran away but fear kept him in place. So he sat there with his eyes closed and waited.

 Donghae took a look at the man's arm and shrugged it off. He'd seen worse before. Lunging at the man he punched him in the face and the stomach. Blood poured from the man's now broken nose as he stumbled back. Balling his hands into fists Donghae got ready to make another attack. It was a mistake though as two other men from the crowd stood behind him and held his arms.

  "Get off me!" he yelled as he squirmed in their grip. It was to no avail though as the two together were too strong. As Donghae stopped struggling he could see the man regain his balance and walk up to him. Closing his eyes tightly Donghae waited for the blow. It never came though. He opened one of his eyes just in time to see the man fall over unconsciuos.

 Eunhyuk could here the cheering stop and peeked behind his hand. There Donghae stood in the center being held back while the man laid on the ground. In Eunhyuk's perspective Donghae sort of seemed like a monster. His expression was cold and his struggling made it look as if he wanted to continue. It was the complete opposite really.

 Donghae wanted away from all of it. The fighting, the betting, the blood. He just wanted for it all to disappear. Or did he want to disappear? Did he want to just not exist so he couldn't feel the pain? The cuts along his exposed roso stung as his sweat dripped into them. He had to hold back a small scream as he felt a burning pain along his side. Looking down he saw a gash up his left side and one of themen behind him holding a knife. Why did it always end up this way? The answer was quite simple really. 

 Everytime Donghae's father had him fight he would pin him against older, more experienced opponents. That way the crowd would place their bets on the bigger person and then somehow, as if by magic, Donghae would win. The cheering would stop, and everyone would cash their money to his father. Because of this none of them liked him but he didn't mind. Why would he want to be friends with a bunch of killers and punks?

 Throwing Donghae to the ground the men smirked and picked there friend up.

  "Better think twice before you win again~" One of the said as they put their knife away. Watching them from where he was sitting Donghae held back another scream. Panting heavily tears stung his eyes and he closed them tight. The gash in his side grew evermore painful with each breath he took. Slowly the crowd dispersed and walked back to where ever they lived as he laid there.

 Then his father walked up to him and looked down with the bills in his hand. 

 "Thanks brat." he said arrogantly and kicked Donghae in the back. 

 "Ah!" Donghae didn't scream but was damn close to.

 "Made a couple hundred today~" his father said as he flipped the bills through his fingers. "I expect more next time~" His father looked down at him and smiled evilly as Donghae looked up. "Since you got injured you can walk yourself home~" With that he left and Donghae just laud there.

 From where he was sitting Eunhyuk watched Donghae's father walk away and leave him there. Watching the man leave he qhickly jumped down from the balconay and ran to Donghae who was still laying in the alley. He could see the blood flowing from Donghae's wound in the flickering street light and slowly made his way towards him.

 Finaaly stopping in front of him Eunhyuk looked around for anyone. When he saw that no one else was around he knelt down quickly next to the battered boy. 

 "Hey..." he said softly as he lightly grabbed Donghae's arm. "Hey...Donghae..." Eunhyuk began to get worried as Donghae didn't answer and checked his pulse. 'Still breathing...' he thought. Turning his head Eunhyuk could see Donghae's face clearly. In his unconscious state he looked peaceful. Sort of like he had run away from his problems for a little while. Slowly he picked up Donghae and slung him over his shoulder.

 Then he made his way out of the alley and looked around to make sure no one was around. After confirming that no one else was in the vicinity he made his way to his house. Blood started to stain his jacket as Donghae's wound continued to bleed. Swiftly walking Eunhyuk made sure not to put Donghae in anymore pain than he already was. Soon his house was in full view and he opened the door to the dark house.

 After cleaning up Donghae's would as best as he could he wrapped it up and laid him on his own bed. Pulling a stool from his desk he sat by the bed and watched Donghae as his breathing evened out. "What the hell was that for?" he asked softly. The question wasn't really directed to anyone but Eunhyuk wanted answers. Many questions foated around his head and almost all of them didn't have an answer. 

 Yawning slightly Eunhyuk tried to stay awake but eventually fell asleep. That, my dear friend, is the unfortunate circumstances these two souls met under the same sky. Now lying in the bed is the street fighting nerd and just on the edge is the friendless kingka. How will ths end~?

 


 

First chapter finished! o3o Woot! Woot! I hope you like it and I'm sorry for hurting Hae! ;A;  Don't worry though! He'll get better soon~ Anyways~, please tell me if you liked it! It would be very spreciated! See y'all next chapter!