First Meeting

Love Straw

“Class, we have a new student who is going to study in the same class as you guys. Come in, dear” said the homeroom teacher.

“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Park Min Gi, a new student in this school. Please take good care of me” 

I bowed before introducing myself in from of my new classmates.

“Whoa she’s cute” “Is she a living human doll or what?” “Baby! My love~”

Those are what I heard after introducing myself.

I've never thought the students in this class would be this dorky. 

 

“Okay class, quiet down." The teacher shushed the students before looking at Baekhyun.

"Baekhyun, who’s your tablemate?” The teacher asked.

“I don’t have a tablemate” The boy named Baekhyun, who just woke up from his short nap, told the teacher.

“Min Gi, please be seated next to that boy. Baekhyun, please introduce yourself to Min Gi later”.

I walked pass the other students and sat beside the boy named Baekhyun.

“Now class, please open your textbook and turn to page 118. We’ll be studying a new topic today” commanded the teacher who teaches the class Science.

“I’m Byun Baekhyun, what is your name?” The boy introduced himself to me since he was asleep while I was introducing myself in front just now, while the teacher kept on babbling about the new topic.

“Park Min Gi, but just called me Min Gi” That was all that I said to him before giving my full attention to our homeroom teacher. 

We weren't able to fully introduce ourselves to each other further since the teacher was teaching in front of the class.

 

~~~~~

 

The bell for recess rang.

Before I could exit the classroom, a girl patted on my shoulder before showing off a bright smile.

“Hi, I’m Lee Hanna but do call me Hanna. You are the new student right? Can I accompany you to the cafeteria? No worries, I’m a cheerful girl by the way” She nodded eagerly.

“Oh okay then, let's go to the canteen together” I said with a smile plastered on my face.

 

It took us about 3 minutes for us to reach the canteen while we kept talking about ourselves and other nonsensical things.

Suddenly, someone back hugged Hanna making her stumble forward,

“Hey Hanna! Wuuuuu who is this girl? She's cute !” The unknown girl said while pinching my cheeks.

“Yah Byung, stop pinching her cheeks, you're making her feel awkward. And she’s Min Gi, by the way. Min Gi, this weird, creepy girl will also be one of your friends, Byunghee is her name but we just call her Byung or Byungie” Hanna said while laughing at Byung.

 “I’m Min Gi. Nice to know you, Byung” I introduced myself with a huge smile on my face.

I’m too happy, it hasn't even been a day in my new school yet I’ve found 2 happy-go-lucky girls who are willing to be my friends.

“Now let's go to the cafeteria girls, I wonder where my idiot boyfriend is ?!” Said Byung. 

Boyfriend? This dorky girl already owns a boyfriend? My mind thought.

 

After reaching the cafeteria, we took our seat at one of the tables there.

“Do you guys want to eat anything? I shall buy them for you” Byung said showing her pure smile.

“Buy me hot chocolate and a bun” Hanna said. “Me too” I told Byung since I didn’t know any other food that exists in this school cafeteria.

“You guys are ordering the same food huh? Well, I guess I will have to buy the same food with you too!” Byung said while jogging off to buy our food.

“Min Gi, do you see the tall boy with the creepy smile that's walking with Baekhyun? His name is Park Chanyeol. That’s Byung's boyfriend. He’s one of the kingkas in this school” Hanna said while her eyes are fixated on the boy named Chanyeol who was on his way towards Byung.

 “Oh really? He’s good looking though, Byung has great taste in men haha. What do you mean kingkas by the way, Hanna ?” Activating the naive mode in myself as I didn’t know there are kingkas in the school, maybe I'd be bumping into the queenkas here soon, too.

“What I’m trying to explain to you about the kingkas is they are a bunch of 12 good looking yet dorky guys. As I've told you before, Chanyeol is one of them. Do you want to know more about them ? And there they are” Hanna said while pointing her index finger towards 11 boys who are heading to their own table.

There were some girls screaming around them.

“They are.. so.. good looking.... Hanna.” I blurted out while gazing at all the faces of the kingkas.

Suddenly seeing a familiar face, I asked Hanna, “Oh, Baekhyun is also one of them? I’m so lucky to be seated next to one of the kingkas in our class” I said while giggling.

 

~~~~~

 

“There you go, your precious hot chocolate drink and bun” said Byung with the tall boy who I assumed was Chanyeol, standing beside her.

“Who is this girl, sweetie? I don't think I've ever seen her in this school before” asked Chanyeol while poking Byung's side to attract her attention.

 “Oh, she’s our new friend. Her name is Min Gi. Min Gi, introduce yourself to my creepy boyfriend! And just call him Chanyeol” Byung said while punching Chanyeol’s stomach softly.

“Yah, Park Chanyeol! Where did you go! We were looking for you!” said the dark-haired boy with money in his hands.

“Hyung! Sorry I didn’t tell you guys earlier. I was just too excited to see my baby, Byung” said Chanyeol who was showing his creepy smile to Byung.

Byung pinched Chanyeol’s cheek and gave a death glare to him.

“Wahhh hyung, who is this girl?” Asked the boy whose height was almost the same as Chanyeol.

“Ahhh her name is Min Gi. Introduce yourself, guys” said Chanyeol.

 

 “Hi, I’m Suho” said the boy who was holding some money to stuff them in his pocket.

“I’m Luhan. The amazing deer” Said the boy with brown hair, showing off his charming smile that melts every girls' heart.

“Sehun, just call me Sehun” Said the boy who’s almost the same height as Chanyeol.

“I’m Chen. Chen!” said the boy who seems so happy disturbing people by throwing ice cubes at some unknown students.

“I’m Lay or Yixing. I can cure people! Do you need to cure anything? I can cure it for you” beamed the boy with a small unicorn plushy in his arms.

“I’m Xiumin with baozi cheeks” said the boy with his mouth full of buns.

“I am the kungfu panda AB style, Tao.” said the boy who looks like someone out of an anime.

“Kris. I’m an artist, I can draw” said the boy with a pencil stuck on his ear with a piece of paper in his hand.

“Oh, Kris is my boyfriend by the way” Hanna whispered by my ear.

“Kai” said the tanned boy, his skin color is the same with me though.

“D.O or you can call me Kyungsoo” said the boy with cute round eyes, like owls.

“And you've already known me, Baekhyun.” He said while trying to hit Chanyeol who seems to be enjoying himself bullying Baekhyun.

“Min Gi, Park Min Gi. Nice to know you guys.” I said while having a mini handshake session with all 12 of them.

“Since we already know each other, let's just sit together!” said Chen.

And so we were talking about the classes we were in and laughing at some jokes the boys made while sitting together at a table in the cafeteria.

 

~~~~~

 

Finally, the bell rang telling us that recess was over.

All 15 of us walked together down the hallway.

Baekhyun, Hanna and I study together in the same class.

Byung, Chanyeol, Luhan, Suho and Kris were in the class next to mine while the rest were in the third class.

I asked Baekhyun and Hanna to go to the class first since I needed to go to the toilet.

 

While fixing my hair in the mirror, there were a group of girls blocking my view.

“Yah, you . Stay away from the kingkas. They all belong to us. For your information, we are the queenkas in this school. Try to mess with us and your life ends just like that” said the girl showing her smirk with a compact powder and lip gloss in her hands, walking out from the toilet.

It seems like she’s the leader of the group. Now what? I've already found 12 boys and 2 girls who are already considered as my friends, but I didn’t imagine I'd already have enemies this soon.

I didn’t say anything to them since I got quite shocked by the words they threw to me.

“What did they mean by the words though? I don’t understand those not so queenkas girls” I said quietly to myself while watching them walk away.

 

Done with my business in the toilet, I walked back into class. The teacher was already teaching.

I sat on my seat next to Baekhyun. 

This is the chance. I need to ask him about the queenkas.

“Baekhyun, may I ask you something?” I said while poking his hand softly since he was slightly asleep with his head on the table.

“Ahhh, yes. What is it?” He said after yawning a bit but still his head was on the table, his eyes remained close.

“Hmm Baekhyun, are there any queenkas in this school? Since you and your friends are the kingkas here,”

He woke up immediately and made some unwanted noise that made the teacher shush him.

“What? What? Did you meet them just now? What did they say to you? Did they do anything to you?” Baekhyun asked while checking on me to see if I was injured.

“Yah Baekhyun, calm down. It's just our first day of meeting but you're already touching me.”

“They didn’t do anything to me. I met them accidentally in the toilet just now and the leader, I supposed, asked me to stay away from you guys and said that all of you belongs to them. What did she mean by that Baekhyun?”

With that, Baekhyun’s jaw dropped.