Chapter 6

My Miracle

JH POV

The girls and I, headed to the locker room to change into our tracksuits.

"So, that's Tae Joon. He seems nice." Amber told me.

"Uhm, not really." I said, shrugging my shoulders.

"What do you mean not really? Is he a badass or something?" Victoria asked me while struggling to tie her hair in a bun.

"I didn't mean it like that girls. I mean, he wasn't at all nice to people he just knew. He's very cold sometimes and doesn't talk that much. But he loves to joke around too to people he's fond with, and he's also very cheesy sometimes." I said, remembering the day we went to the park for the last time when I cringed a little while he's telling me cheesy lines.

"Cheesy? Don't tell me you're the one receiving those cheesy lines Jay?" Krystal jumped up and down while clasping her hands and smiling sheepishly.

"Uhhh...erm,.." I mumbled and to nod was all I could do at that time.

"Oh my god! So does that mean you're both having a special relationship?!! Tell me, tell me!!! Is he your boyfriend already?" Luna took my hands and hold it up together, begging me to answer her question.

"Nope." I answered them innocently.

"What?!!" They all shouted in unison. I clap my hands beside my ears, 'cause their voices together were eardrum crushing.

Well, what I said was true, right? Yes, we kiss and all, but look at those type of kisses slowly. First one, the initiator was completely drunk, so wether he knows I was a girl already at that time or not, it wouldn't really count at all. Second kiss, was very gender inappropriate I guess. Third and Fourth one were all stolen, first from me, when I bid him goodbye for his competition inside our dorm and the last one was him when we were at the park that night. So, yeah, all in all, no kiss was initiated where we really allowed each other to go for the one filled with love. Besides, as I was saying earlier, he haven't asked me to go out with him officially and be his girlfriend. But I'm not disappointed or anything. Saying that he likes me and the way he really did what he promised me, that he would look for me is enough for now. I'm willing to wait, even if it takes forever.

"Mmm. Really, I'm saying the truth. C'mon girls, Coach will get mad if we come in late again. Let's go." I said, zipping my gym bag close and hovering it over my shoulder.

"*sighs* Alright, alright. But don't forget to tell us if ever your relationship status changes or something, okay?" Victoria said, as she too, finished packing her stuff inside her bag.

"I totally ship the two of you together. You look good just by standing side by side, you're a cute couple!" Krystal blurted out of the blue. "Shouldn't we name you something. Just like any other couples?"

"Krystal stop it, and pack your things already, we're running late. Really, this kid..." Amber scolded Krystal and she just pouted while zipping her gym bag.

"Okay, then, let's go now." I said opening the locker room door and leading our way to the tracking field.

TJ POV

As we wait for the girls to arrive, me, Key, Jong and Julia, decided to seat on the front row bleacher seats.

"Tae Joon, what exactly is the status of your relationship with Jay? I'm just curious, but you don't need to answer if you want to." Key seated right beside, and asked me this question.

"Yeah dude, what exactly are you and Jay? I mean, she always talks about you a lot and mostly all of the time." Jonghyun added.

"Uhm...well... I really don't know... As far as I can remember I told her I like her and she likes me too, well she's my fan, right?" I scratch my neck while saying that. It's good they asked me this question, because I was able to realize, that afterall the confessions and stolen kisses and the way my life had change a lot because of her, I never formally asked her to go out with me or to work that relationship to the next level. Well, maybe I was too afraid to ask or perhaps because I'm having these crazy thoughts that she might only like me as her idol and a friend and nothing more than that.

"What are you saying? You mean, you never ask her out or something?" Key asked me.

"I'm just not sure if she likes me the same way I like her, if you know what I mean."

"Tae Joon, at first yes, she idolized you and serve you as her inspiration to keep on doing sports, but that time she went back from Seoul, the glow from her eyes changed a lot, I knew right then and there that she's in love, and I know it's no other than you." Julia stated.

"And how would you even be sure about that, Jules?" Asked Key.

"I'm a hundred and ten percent sure about that. It's just like how Ambers eyes glow the moment you asked her out on your first date! Haha!" She stick her tongue out to Key and burst out laughing. "But seriously, I know it's because of you, unless she'd gone closer to another man back there, did she?"

"Man, Jules got a point here, so if you're really saying you haven't asked her to be yours officially, then man up before her unspoken feelings fade away and you might just completely lose her." Jonghyun told me.

"We can help you with that if you like. We know Jay better than anyone else." Key said, smirking.

"Good day girls, are you all fired up? Work with your warm-ups first then we'll run ten laps later." Before I could reply to Key, we heard Coach Drew and saw the girls walking to him. Jae Hee waved at our direction and hand signed us to come over.

"Coach, these are our friends, and right here, is Tae Joon Kang." Victoria said to coach Drew.

"Ofcourse I know who he is. It's a pleasure to meet you Tae Joon." He offered me his hand and I shook it. "Are you sure you want to watch these girls practice? I mean, you guys might get bored, you know. Or perhaps, do you want to help them warm up? What do you say?"

"I'm in! Haven't worked these muscles for quite sometime, they're feebling already." Key raised his hand.

"Same here." Jonghyun said cooly.

"I'm out guys, got classes, sorry." Julia said.

"I'll join the practice as well." I finally said.

"Okay then. Guys we've got spare tracksuits at the men's locker room. Just pick whatever fits you and come back here in 5 minutes." And with that, we headed to the room to change. We went back to the field and the girls are almost done with their last lap. Instead of joining, we just let them finish first.

I took a bottle of water and a face towel at one of the benches, and as the girls finished their run, I brought the towel and water to Jae Hee 'cause she looks so exhausted. "Here. Tired?" She shook her head while drinking.

"Nope. But my leg muscles are a little bit sore, but all in all i'm fine." She said after drinking. I looked at her legs and they're a bit shaky, the muscles must've not relaxed before her run.

"Yah! Tae Joon-nah what are you doing?" I kneeled down so that I can get a closer look at her legs and I tried massaging it slowly. "I'm just making your muscles relax a bit. Just give me a second." I said.

"Okay." I heard her say. "Gomawo." I looked at her and saw her smiling down at me. That smile, that smile that always make my whole world stop and send shivers to every part of my body. I missed that feeling. I missed the person who owns that smile.

"I miss you." I said, locking my gaze at her hazel brown eyes that's looking at me. I don't know why I said that. Maybe because I just missed her or because I love to see her smile again. Or perhaps, because I just simply love her.

"Huh?" I saw her blush a little and turned her gaze away from me. It must've been awkward to her, for we aren't that open to say what we feel at one another. So to break the eerie feeling, I stood up and ask her if she wants to run another lap together with the boys and girls.

"Uhm... let's go run another lap with the others, what do you say?" I said.

"O-okay. Let's go."

We ran for the next 20 minutes and did some leg and arm stretchings. Next we worked with abdominal strength. Coach Drew asked us to pair up for sit-ups. Key paired up with Amber, Jonghyun with Victoria, Luna and Krystal, and me with gujil-gujil.

"Are your muscles okay now?" I asked her as she positioned herself on the mat.

"Yeah, it felt better actually. Thanks again." She finally laid down, and as I look around, so as the others.

"Guys, switch places after every 50 rounds of sit-ups. Do that for four times and have a 10-minute break after. Okay then, start now." Coach Drew commanded and head to sit at the bleachers.

I positioned myself infront of Jae Hee and locked her legs between my arms for support. She started her sit-ups flawlessly, I should say, she improved a lot compared before. She moves at a fast rate and it seems like sit-ups were just a piece of cake for her now. She finished her first round in less than a minute and so we switched places.

"You got even better gujil-gujil. What have you been eating this past few months to transform from being grungy to a super sporty girl? 'Cause as far as I know you just love to eat and sleep a lot." I said teasing her, while getting on the mat.

"Yah! Kang Tae Joon I'm not grungy and most of all i'm not a sloth who just eat and sleep around!" She said, hitting me on my shoulder. We both looked at each other and suppresed a laugh.

"I know. I'm just teasing you."

"Whatever." She said as she lock my legs in her arms as well. Obviously, I finished at a faster time than her.

After the sit-up excercise, we took a 10-minute break and had a quick snack at the cafeteria then we head back to the field again.

"Girls, 'you ready now? Position yourself at the starting lines, we'll see your records for this 40-meter dash, and we'll set an initial time frame that you guys have to beat at the end of this week." The girls positioned themselves at the starting point and we watched them get ready. We were standing beside Coach Drew.

"At the sound of the fire, ready, set..." and with that, he pulled the trigger and the five of them dashed off at the speed of light. They were all neck in neck I should say, and they're all pretty good, I, myself, cannot even do that 'cause my sport doesn't require speed at all. And now that I think about it, this is the first time I see Jae Hee run like that. Well, we all know back at Genie that she can really run, but I never really see her run giving her all just like a while ago, and that just made me fall in love with her even more.

"Best time, Jay with 11 seconds, next up we got both Amber and Vic at 11.45 seconds, and then Krystal with 12 seconds and Luna with 12.32. Well, so far so good girls. By the end of this week, I want to see better results, though I should say these results are already good but let's go for the best ones." They all nodded at once. "Okay, that's it for today, I'm giving you a two days off, so that means no trainings until friday. And before I forgot, thank you guys for helping out and accompanying these girls today. You can always drop in whenever you like. Bye." He waved us goodbye and went out of the field. The girls started packing their stuff and as usual, I helped gujil-gujil with hers.

"Princess, you've gotten better than before, huh?" Key patted Jae Hee's head.

"Uh, yeah. Well the training I had back at Genie was quite different from here. And remember, I was treated as a guy there so no excuses from doing boy's style of training." She answered Key and looked at me. Ofcourse, she developed well after being at Genie. With all those manly trainings she recieved, which girl on earth wouldn't get better?

"That's right man, she endured all of those just to see me, right gujil-gujil?" I said, teasing her and we all had a great laugh about it. Our day ends just like that. We bid goodbye with each other and I drop Jae Hee at their house.

"Thank you for today Tae Joon-ah." She said as we arrived at their doorsteps.

"It's nothing. I should be the one thanking you, for I get to realize something a lot more clearly."

"What is it that you realize? That I'm better at sports than you." She said, while wriggling her eyebrows.

"Definitely not that. No one can beat sportsman Tae Joon at anything, especially not you, grungy little girl." I pinched her nose slightly and laugh.

"But seriously, you'll know it when you know." I said and ruffled her hair.

"Why can't you just tell me now? Tch."

"Next time, I promise, I'll tell you. Goodnight gujil-gujil." I smiled at her and walk off.

"Goodnight Tae Joon-ah, take care!" I heard her say and heard their door close, knowing she's already inside.

What I realized that day while I was at the field was, how much I loved to be inspired by her more than ever, to be her armor to protect that delicate and innocent side she posseses and to spend the remaining years of my life with her. I wanted her to know what I really feel for her, I just don't know how to. Should I just be straightforward? Or what? Just thinking about it makes me nervous. But let's not worry about that for now, I'll find ways along the way, besides I got friends that I can ask for help, and they might know just the perfect way to do it.