Chapter 5

My Miracle

JH POV

I woke up early the following morning to get ready for school. I fixed my bed first and took a quick bath. I prepared my running shoes and track suit inside my bag because we've got training after lunch to prep up for our inter-academy track and field competition.

I head downstairs and as usual, oppa already left. He always leave early because aside from being our school physician, he's also a neurologist at one if the greatest hospital in New York. That's why, if not coming home late, he's either at New York or spending the night at our parents' house there. Yes, my parents are based in New York because of their restaurant business. That is why most of the time, I'm left alone here with Ms. Park. I ate the breakfast she prepared for me and head out.

Since we've got no uniform, I just wore casual clothes when I go to school - oppa always buy me dresses so I always put on simple dresses and top it with cardigans and pair it with ballet flats. Not much like a track student, right? Oppa always insist that I should still stay feminine as much as possible except when I have competitions, he told to me to forget that I'm a girl when it comes to that.

Before I was able to get out of the gate, I stopped on my tracks and stood frozen for a second.

"Morning gujil-gujil."

Tae Joon stood right in front of me and patted my head.

"Tae Joon-ah, what are you doing here?" I asked him, finally coming back to my senses.

"Surprise!!!" He said pinching both of my cheeks. I don't get it.

"Huh?"

"This is my answer." And then he showed me an i.d.. I looked at it closely and saw his picture with his name on it, and then I  saw the logo on the side...it's...it says C.A.A...could it be...could it be that he's attending the same school as I am?! No, could it be that he's staying here for a longer time than I thought?! I thought he's just here for vacation or something like that. I looked at him. He's just smiling at me, almost holding his giggles inside.

"I thought you're just here for vacation Tae Joon-ah. Yah! What about your training?! Huh?!"

"Woah, chill coach. Hahaha, do you know how cute you look when you're angry?" He said, teasing me, but i'm dead serious that moment.

"I'm not kidding around Kang Tae Joon. Did you just gave up your training?" I gave him a stern look. I'm totally pissed off right now.

"First things first Coach Jae Hee, I will never give up High Jump no matter what and that's because of you, and second of all I transfered here because Coach Holten wants to personally train me and besides it's much more convenient for him this way instead of flying back and forth from L.A. to Seoul. So don't get mad at me and let's go now if you don't want to be late for class." He said and pinched my nose.

We arrived at school in 20 minutes and we still have enough time before classes start.

"What room are you in gujil-gujil?" He asked me after we passed the guard house. We're now walking side by side on the pathway leading to our school building. I can hear some people murmuring stuff and then I realize they're actually talking about Tae Joon. Seems that they know who he is. Well, who wouldn't know who he is, when he just won a gold medal at the Olympics which is every student's dream and goal here at C.A.A.

"Room #15 at building A." I said.

"What did you say?! Does it mean we will not just be schoolmates but classmates as well?!!" He's smiling from ear to ear right now. Wow, it seems like dejavu once more. We're taking the same class together.

We're just smiling and laughing together at that moment. I'm telling you, we look like psychos and people keep on staring whenever they passed across us.

We head to our room and Ms. Brown's not yet inside. And then the surprise doesn't just stop with the fact that we're not just schoolmates but classmates... we're also seatmates. And again, we stared at each other and tried to hold our laughter and we felt like bursting out with happiness at that time.

"Ah. Now that I realize, you're american name's actually Jay, that's why the teacher's looking for you the other day that I started taking this class." Tae Joon said.

"Mmm. That's right. Forgot to tell you 'bout that before. Well then, nice meeting you Tae Joon Kang, I'm Jay, Jay Dawson." I offered my hand at him while laughing. He just laughs at me and shook my hand.

"Morning Jay!" Someone pats my back and when I turned, I saw Key-oppa along with Jonghyun-oppa.

"Morning oppa!" I cheerfuly greeted them as usual.

"Goodmorning too Tae Joon." Jonghyun-oppa said to Tae Joon.

"Seems our little princess are all smiles today. Anything special you care to tell us?" Key-oppa said while eyeing me and Tae Joon.

"Nothing. I'm just excited for training later. That's all."

"Is that so? Very well then." He said, still in teasing mode. I know what he meant earlier. He and Jonghyun-oppa knows my whole adventure at Seoul as well as the fact that i'm Tae Joon's number one fan and he always tease me about him. I face Tae Joon.

"Sorry, they're my closest guy friends here. And they're a bit naughty sometimes." I said to him.

"Don't worry. I actually get along with them well here on my first day and I should say, it's riot once they stick together." He told me.

"Hahaha. You're right." I said laughing.

"So, you've got an upcoming competition? When?"

"Oh, right. It's at the end of the month and we started training last week. I'll be running for 400 meter dash." I said to him, smiling.

"That's great. Can I come to your training sessions?"

"Uhm, we'll see. I'll ask coach if I can invite you later. We'll have trainings after lunch." I'm sure Coach Drew will agree, he's a frustrated high jumper and is a Tae Joon fanboy (just so you know, he's straight) but ended up coaching runners because he's better at that field.

TJ POV

Our class ended around 11:30. We ate lunch at the cafeteria together with Jae Hee's friends, Key, Jonghyun, Julia, and her co-runners, Amber, Victoria, Luna and Krystal.

"Guys, this is Tae Joon Kang." She introduced me to her trackmates and I greeted them.

"Hi Tae Joon. We heard a lot about you from Jay. Nice meeting you, I'm Amber." A boyish looking girl offered her hands to me and I shook it.

"Hi, I'm Victoria." The girl sitting beside Jonghyun smiled at me.

"Krystal. Nice to meet you!" The one siiting next to Victoria wave her hand enthusiastically.

"Call me Luna!" A blonde haired girl said.

"They're my trackmates. They're also our classmates, they just didn't attend class earlier." Jae Hee told me, smiling. "Oh, and by the way, Coach Drew says that you can come later as well as you guys at our training session." She said excitedly to me and to Julia, Key and Jonghyun. We finished lunch in just a nick of time, 'cause we're all starving to death after classes ended.

"You guys can go ahead at the gym first, we still need to change into our tracksuits before heading there." She told us.

"Okay then. See you later. Let's go." I look at Key, Jonghyun and Julia, and ruffled gujil-gujil's hair before heading to the gym.